SW: IA - APP - Bug Report

By Julia, in Legends of the Alliance

Maul has spawned in 2 separate campaigns even though he is not selected as part of my collection

13 minutes ago, ska67can said:

Maul has spawned in 2 separate campaigns even though he is not selected as part of my collection

Maul 's deployment card and figure token comes with Heart of the Empire, so if you have Heart of the Empire, it's not strictly a bug.

(A "figures only" configuration would be good for people not wanting to play with tokens.)

Edited by a1bert
1 hour ago, a1bert said:

(A "figures only" configuration would be good for people not wanting to play with tokens.)

While I think most of the community would agree with this, it's a sly little marketing tool that FFG can use to get players to purchase the blister packs.

That being said, I recommend at least one of every blister pack. Both for variety and the cool figures that are included.

On 4/11/2019 at 3:24 AM, a1bert said:

It sounds like people are (still?) getting Squad Training for groups that should not have it. Can it happen if you update the app mid-campaign, or does it happen even in new campaigns?

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/2183936/completely-swarmed

I've seen it in my Hoth campaign, which I just started a few weeks ago

5 hours ago, ManateeX said:

I've seen it in my Hoth campaign, which I just started a few weeks ago

I second that!

Unsure if this is an appropriate bug to report here, but the sheer volume of Imperial figures placed on map 2 of the mission called “Deadly Game” in the Hoth Campaign was outrageous. We couldn’t believe the app was still placing groups/figures and feel like there was no chance of making it through. We unlocked and opened two doors with 1 hero evacuated, 1 hero wounded, and 2 severely damaged, only to discover there was at least one more door and map expansion beyond a tank and a shield with 12 health and a defense die.

For a bit of insight into our experience level, my group has played through every major campaign at least once, often 2-3 times, and played one campaign in the app before this one.

Deadly Game: Hard or Normal?

There are more than one way to skin the cat. You can make the shield easier to destroy or to gather information from it. The outrageous number of figures is a timer. If you're playing with Hard, it's a pretty hard mission. I failed it 1 in 4 plays when trying to take on the arrivals instead of progressing the objective.

There was an update of the app in Steam that has completely corrupted all messages in the app. Now every message (and button and character name) says something like ui_new. Looks like an issue with the localization.

Looks fine now - think it just needed a restart.

Edited by neosmagus
more info

And now it's already in Spanish language :)

Game crashes immediately on startup. IOS 13.3, iPad Air 3rd Generation. Was working before last updates (game update and system update).

Update:

I determined that the app doesn’t like an HDMI connector in the lightning port at start up (I use a monitor so my wife can see what’s going on). If I unplug the lightning cable before starting the game, it works. I can then plug it in and the game still works.

This is an acceptable work around for me.

Edited by nevogamer1
Updated information

While playing the Hoth campaign, with 3 heroes, a round is skipped when the game goes from the global map to a local map during the same scenario (ex: when you're asked to visit all 3 locations on the desert planet). Usually with 2 and 4 heroes, it does not matter, but with 3 heroes it means your next hero to get 2 activations this round won't be the one you'd naturally think. I do not belive this is intentional.

Ex: inside a building, during a round where Hero 1 had 2 activations, finish a condition to return to the planet map. There are story messages displayed, then the game returns to the planet map with Hero 2 showing 2 activation portraits, but announces a new round has started and immediately Hero 3 has 2 activation portraits.

A number of people on the steam forum have been posting the same error with the IA app for the last few weeks.
Game crashing right when it launches. The error message is, "The game crashed. The crash report folder named "2020-05-14-205158" next to game executable. It would be great if you'd send it to the developer of the game!"

Have tried validating game files and reinstalling multiple times with no result. I also have the "Descent" app on my steam account which continues to work normally which tends to indicate the issue is with the IA app rather than my computer.

Any ideas?

On 12/5/2017 at 7:10 PM, Impish1234 said:

Loku Kanoloa got Saska Teft's 2xp STRUCTURAL WEAKNESS instead of SPECTRUM SCANNER

I'm mailing the link of this thread to the app developers so that they can easily follow the problems and be updated on the latest bugs (let's hope there are not many)