SW: IA - APP - Bug Report

By Julia, in Legends of the Alliance

I’m also getting stuck on this part in the tutorial. I can’t do anything other than move the map around and zoom in and out of it. Can’t click on anything else.

2A70EEC3-7F22-4A16-BC2F-C6FCC7A52EC6.png

2 hours ago, roopy1 said:

I’m also getting stuck on this part in the tutorial. I can’t do anything other than move the map around and zoom in and out of it. Can’t click on anything else.

2A70EEC3-7F22-4A16-BC2F-C6FCC7A52EC6.png

It looks like it wants you to click on the Rebel Troopers

That isn't an option for me. Kish's icon stays by the first door and remains blue.

1 hour ago, The Cocky Rooster said:

It looks like it wants you to click on the Rebel Troopers

It's the same spot where I get stuck as well. I posted the same image on the first page. Clicking Kish doesn't do anything.

It looks like it's waiting for you to attack and destroy each of the neutral token remotes.

19 minutes ago, McTavish said:

It looks like it's waiting for you to attack and destroy each of the neutral token remotes.

I just ran through it again a few minutes ago. The screen is completely frozen. Nowhere to click.

Can you click on the white tokens? It should pop-up a dialog that ask you to confirm it's been destroyed. When you confirm it'll give you a blurb about some aspect of attack modifiers. In my quick test run Kish left on his own after the third one was destroyed.

(this was after completing his action by clicking his icon where the arrow shows in your pic)

Edited by McTavish

I quit the app without saving and started again from a load point. It did a weird buggy thing where Kishs icon stayed over on the right hand side but the explanation for targeting happened on the left (where he should be). Then this time the message in my screen shot happened but this time there was a continue button underneath.

2 hours ago, BayushiMinoru said:

That isn't an option for me. Kish's icon stays by the first door and remains blue.

Are you still stuck by the crates? If so I figured out that you have to click on the character icon and then click on the tick, clicking on the text doesn’t work, it has to be the tick!

Yes I got past that part after I watched Rolling Solo's tutorial video and saw my issue, exactly as you described.

Edited by BayushiMinoru

Just found one. On the info screen for the elite Royal Guards, it says that Cower and Order cannot be used but still shows the errata for Guardian/Sentinel. Does not explain whether Forward Vengeance should be ignored or not.

Corrupted Save Game Files After PC Crash

OBSERVED BEHAVIOR: If PC crashes, the saved game files become corrupted and the app becomes unusable because it locks every time the user tries to load a saved game or start a new campaign.

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR:
The app should restore from last good save. Even if all save files are corrupted, the app should handle gracefully and allow user to start new game (and possibly repair bad files or at least delete them.)

DETAILS:
I am running the Steam-delivered version of the app on my Windows 10 PC. The PC crashed while I was sitting at the Armory trying to figure out what to buy between missions, just after I had received my 4xp skills. (So pretty far into the campaign.) I don't recall if I had just clicked on something, but I know the mouse was in my hand, so I probably had.

When I rebooted and tried to load the game, I got the screen depicted in the attached image and the app locked up. Clicking the BACK button did nothing. I had to press ALT-F4 to kill the app.

Same thing if I tried to start a new game. (Any time it tries to read my saved games, it locks like this.)

I moved the only save game folder (Folder name = "0") out of the saved games folder. This solved the problem. I have attached a zipped copy of the corrupted saved game folder.

PS: Any way to save my campaign or do I have to start over from scratch?

IABug.jpg

0.zip

In am in the tutorial, trying to run the game on an android TV. It looked very promising - nice big images, good sound, everyone could see the app at the same time and everything went fine (although I was forced to use "mouse mode" rather then cycling through available clickable portions) - until I had to select and interact with the door - for some reason, the door was unselectbale. why? what's up with that?

On 12/16/2017 at 10:56 AM, OOhh said:

In am in the tutorial, trying to run the game on an android TV. It looked very promising - nice big images, good sound, everyone could see the app at the same time and everything went fine (although I was forced to use "mouse mode" rather then cycling through available clickable portions) - until I had to select and interact with the door - for some reason, the door was unselectbale. why? what's up with that?

Which part in the tutorial? Can you post a screenshot?

Steam version updated today to Version 1.01

Fixed a wrong skill for Loku.
Fixed a bug where users were soft locked after opening the fame description window.
Fixed a bug in the Armory where single-weapon-type teams were seeing weapons mod they can’t use.

Edited by Franchot

The rules say that you should note in the app when a hero gets wounded, and that later in the rules it will be explained how to do that. I can't find that, and it doesn't seem to be possible to do it in the app on my own.

4 hours ago, johanalmsen said:

The rules say that you should note in the app when a hero gets wounded, and that later in the rules it will be explained how to do that. I can't find that, and it doesn't seem to be possible to do it in the app on my own.

How to do it in the app: You click on the rebel group you want to defeat and choose the icon on the left. You get a confirmation requester.

The defeat hero icon is shown in the picture on the top right of page 11 of the LotA rulebook.

LotA rulebook, page 11 said:

The players lose a mission if each hero is wounded.
When a hero becomes wounded (and again if it
withdraws), players need to inform the app by
selecting that hero's portrait and selecting the icon
to the left of the portrait.

Edited by a1bert
2 hours ago, a1bert said:

How to do it in the app: You click on the rebel group you want to defeat and choose the icon on the left. You get a confirmation requester.

The defeat hero icon is shown in the picture on the top right of page 11 of the LotA rulebook.

Thanks!

Darth Vader's force choke instruction is missing the LoS requirement (it is on his deployment card). I guess it's a mistake, because I've never seen using the force choke without looking at the target.

Am I wrong?

42 minutes ago, Saramund said:

Darth Vader's force choke instruction is missing the LoS requirement (it is on his deployment card). I guess it's a mistake, because I've never seen using the force choke without looking at the target.

The app version of Force Choke intentionally doesn't require line of sight or range. Otherwise it would be very weak - perhaps never triggering in the app.

On 12/28/2017 at 11:01 PM, Saramund said:

Am I wrong?

He does it to Krenic in Rogue One with his back turned. It's canon that Darth Vader doesn't need to see you to remotely close your trachea.

On 2/1/2018 at 5:30 AM, Tvboy said:

He does it to Krenic in Rogue One with his back turned. It's canon that Darth Vader doesn't need to see you to remotely close your trachea.

But he knew where he was with an high grade of accuracy, just passed by him. He had a precise knowledge of Krenic aura in the force and was able to manipulate his trachea.

I don't think force choke is meant to choke everybody in the universe just because a Sith thinks somebody could be in a specific room. And in our example, Darth Vader never met the rebel before nor knew anything specific about him.

Even when they sense another force user, they cannot tell exactly where she or he is (Darth Vader and Obi Wan on the Death Star).

although it is not a proper attack, I think it's best to target the closest rebel when unable to choke the target indicated.

The app has cameras planted in every room that feed directly into Vaders helmet.

On 12/7/2017 at 11:57 PM, Armandhammer said:

Can you post a screen shot?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1CI9OAajzJFSM3tATYbcLdiCeSCJSItdQ

The problem begins when I change phone (Samsung A7) orientation with IA app running from horizontal orientation to vertical and back to horizontal.

Edited by Didyk2

PC notebook with windows 10 and last version of direct x

I see only a black screen. I see arrow mouse, hear music, if I click with mouse button I hear the rumor of button, but screen is totaly black.

Restart pc, remove and reinstall app, but problem persist

Edited by max68