SW: IA - APP - Bug Report

By Julia, in Legends of the Alliance

Please, use this thread to address all the problems with the app. Remember to specify as many details as possible, thus, the exact nature of the problem (possibly by printing the screen), the OS you're using, the version of the app you're using and so on.

I'm mailing the link of this thread to the app developers so that they can easily follow the problems and be updated on the latest bugs (let's hope there are not many)

Thanks everyone for helping!

Loku Kanoloa got Saska Teft's 2xp STRUCTURAL WEAKNESS instead of SPECTRUM SCANNER

I have a big bug on windows XP. Even if Windows XP is not supported anymore by microsoft, I think that this type of app should work on Windows XP. In fact, the minimum requirement says that it works ! But in fact, it's not so good ! The appearing FX on the map tile make a bug : the app just can't show me the tiles... No tiles appearing on my app !!!!! So I just can't use it. Please correct this NOW ! Pleaaaaaase ! Anyone has got any solution ?

I can't get anything to load on my MacBook Pro through Steam after naming my squad in the tutorial!

Screen Shot 2017-12-06 at 1.04.16 PM.png

22 minutes ago, Guardsman75 said:

I can't get anything to load on my MacBook Pro through Steam after naming my squad in the tutorial!

Screen Shot 2017-12-06 at 1.04.16 PM.png

that happened to me, have you restarted your device since installing?

I haven't (don't know why I didn't do that.) Will try, and report back! Thanks!

17 minutes ago, Guardsman75 said:

I haven't (don't know why I didn't do that.) Will try, and report back! Thanks!

Come on, man!! First step of IT trouble-shooting is "shut down and reboot". :lol:

I know, I am sufficiently ashamed.

After restart, the issue is still occurring. :(

Game freezes every time at this point:

qrzmzt.png

It's during the tutorial mission (the version where you select NO when it asks if you've played IA before)

I'm playing the app through Steam on my Macbook Air.

Feature request: the iOS app is missing toggle all expansions for those of us who have every expansion for IA.

Bugs/problems found on BGG forum:

1. Game doesn't offer mix arms heroes (Verena, Onar) melee weapons

2. (android) Enemy portraits appearing centered in the middle of the screen when they're supposed to be to the right side. They're blocking most of the text.

3. App not available in certain countries.

App doesn't advance after I interact with the crates in the tutorial. Kish doesn't 'refresh and the heroes don't turn 'blue' after activating. Android app and Steam app.

Am I doing something wrong?

Edited by BayushiMinoru
59 minutes ago, BayushiMinoru said:

App doesn't advance after I interact with the crates in the tutorial. Kish doesn't 'refresh and the heroes don't turn 'blue' after activating. Android app and Steam app.

Can you post a screen shot?

Trying to post a screenshot...

20 hours ago, Findariel said:

Bugs/problems found on BGG forum:

3. App not available in certain countries.

Not a bug. I emailed and got the response that they do not have the license to sell in some regions.

On 12/7/2017 at 3:57 PM, BayushiMinoru said:

I can't get the tutorial to advance past the point just after that, when the hero's are all gathered in the lower left corner. The tutorial has you tap each hero's icon, confirming they are in that location. Then tells you to "deactivate" the current hero to advance to the next instance. I've deactivated each hero after confirming that each is in the correct space. And then it just sits there. No moving on or anything. It isn't frozen. I can continue interacting with all the icons, deactivating hero's, etc, again and again. But no advancing of the tutorial occurs. :-(

Anybody else run into this? What step am I missing to move forward?

Cheers.

32 minutes ago, Blefuscu said:

Anybody else run into this? What step am I missing to move forward?

Did you mark Kish as activated? (In @Armandhammer 's picture above the arrow is pointing for you to do that.)

Edited by a1bert

Yes, I ended Kish's activation and his icon turned blue. However, the heroes do not turn blue when you end their activations. And Kish's icon doesn't advance to where the heroes gather after interacting with the crates.

Edited by BayushiMinoru

Hello!

1 - I have a bug reported here: (bug about last mission, I didn't want to spoil stuff for others)

2 - Since you build the map" as you go, doors are often the limit of what terrain you know and build. So that means you place them over a "jigsaw puzzle connector". Virtually in the app, it works. Physically with the game, either the door is pushed "a bit inside the terrain" and makes it hard to have units in front of it, which is bound to happen (since it's here to be opened), or the door falls off-balance. It'd be nice to be instructed to put an extra piece of terrain (temporarily, something that doesn't tell what's beyond) -- that or any other fix you can come up with, of course.

3 - On PC, I've found that the app also influences the brightness of my screen, which "survives" Alt-Tabbing out of the App, even though the app automatically minimizes itself. (I have a laptop with an external monitor connected, so that I have 2 Windows desktops.) After some time, the brightness goes down as if it was trying to saves battery on a phone... except this is a laptop and it's doing it on a screen where the App is minimized, so it's preventing me from using other apps on a properly lit screen.
That one's more of a rarer case, I guess. But you can see it if you go look at the manual while playing.

4 - SUGGESTIONS: These are not bugs, but seem to be "not immediately obvious" to people.

. When an officer orders another unit to attack, the other unit's surges are available through that portrait. Except people don't immediately realize it. It would be great to have a shortcut to them (such as the surge sign appearing clickable near other units portraits when the officer is activated?) or, by default, a reminder somewhere in the text that you have to go there to see it. Or by default of the default, show it in the tutorial?

. When you click outside of the currentactivation window during an enemy's activation, the way to go back there is to click "Activation" at the bottom of the screen. It took me a good 30 seconds to realize it. I think it would be much more natural for that button to be near the portrait of the enemy that's being activated.

. Since a lot of people seem lost sometimes during the turn, not knowing if they are to activate or an enemy is supposed to do it, in spite of there being a nice vertical line indicating it, how about also writing something like "Rebel activation" and "Imperial activation" on top of the bar, just to reinforce the meaning it has?

I hope these help.

On 07/12/2017 at 2:02 AM, Armandhammer said:

Game freezes every time at this point:

qrzmzt.png

It's during the tutorial mission (the version where you select NO when it asks if you've played IA before)

I'm playing the app through Steam on my Macbook Air.

Same here, playing on the PC. I didn't meet any other blocking problem before this one for that tutorial. I believe a "continue" button is missing in this case, maybe?

Edited by Yan31

Are you also running with 2 heroes? Have you tried the tutorial with 3 or 4 heroes?

Yes. I tried with 2, 3, and 4 Heroes and get the same results each time.

(I've only tried with 2 heroes on my end.)

On 12/10/2017 at 10:41 AM, Yan31 said:

Hello!

1 - I have a bug reported here: (bug about last mission, I didn't want to spoil stuff for others)

2 - Since you build the map" as you go, doors are often the limit of what terrain you know and build. So that means you place them over a "jigsaw puzzle connector". Virtually in the app, it works. Physically with the game, either the door is pushed "a bit inside the terrain" and makes it hard to have units in front of it, which is bound to happen (since it's here to be opened), or the door falls off-balance. It'd be nice to be instructed to put an extra piece of terrain (temporarily, something that doesn't tell what's beyond) -- that or any other fix you can come up with, of course.

3 - On PC, I've found that the app also influences the brightness of my screen, which "survives" Alt-Tabbing out of the App, even though the app automatically minimizes itself. (I have a laptop with an external monitor connected, so that I have 2 Windows desktops.) After some time, the brightness goes down as if it was trying to saves battery on a phone... except this is a laptop and it's doing it on a screen where the App is minimized, so it's preventing me from using other apps on a properly lit screen.
That one's more of a rarer case, I guess. But you can see it if you go look at the manual while playing.

4 - SUGGESTIONS: These are not bugs, but seem to be "not immediately obvious" to people.

. When an officer orders another unit to attack, the other unit's surges are available through that portrait. Except people don't immediately realize it. It would be great to have a shortcut to them (such as the surge sign appearing clickable near other units portraits when the officer is activated?) or, by default, a reminder somewhere in the text that you have to go there to see it. Or by default of the default, show it in the tutorial?

. When you click outside of the currentactivation window during an enemy's activation, the way to go back there is to click "Activation" at the bottom of the screen. It took me a good 30 seconds to realize it. I think it would be much more natural for that button to be near the portrait of the enemy that's being activated.

. Since a lot of people seem lost sometimes during the turn, not knowing if they are to activate or an enemy is supposed to do it, in spite of there being a nice vertical line indicating it, how about also writing something like "Rebel activation" and "Imperial activation" on top of the bar, just to reinforce the meaning it has?

I hope these help.

I agree with the shortcut to the ordered unit's surges and the location of the Activation tab (although it didn't take me anywhere near 30 seconds to find it... probably 6 or 7 at worst). I'm a bit perplexed about your door problem though. I just place the door on the table right past the "jigsaw" piece. I've been doing it that way since the Descent app. I don't quite understand the point of adding a temporary terrain piece just to set the door on, unless you have some specific phobia of your door touching your table surface.

I've been fortunate to not run into a single bug through my first playthrough, although I've also been avoiding doing certain things that others have claimed led to a bug (such as opening the rules link while in the middle of a game).