Legends of the Alliance - IA App Coming Soon

By werdnaegni, in Legends of the Alliance

Ok, I almost fell out of my chair. So excited!!

9 minutes ago, Xepui said:

When a hero recovers more (Strain) than it has suffered, it does not recover any (Health).

So no resting for health in Legends of the Alliance?

If you read between the lines it seems as if thats what the medpacks will take care off. I reckon since there also seem to be no round limits in the campaign (why else have those end of round effects to keep heroes moving), it is a way of soft capping survival timer without having a hard round limit. If it actually works this way I approve.

I am ready!!!

So some quick Google-fu shows me it was about a month in between the announcement of the descent app and it's release. I hope this one is a little quicker but a month ain't bad.

*insert obligatory joke about a million voices crying out like Obi Wan said after Alderaan blew up* Except now crying out with excitement.

SO GODDAMN EXCITED!!!!

Now, which expansions are the best Bang for Buck, people? I only have the core set.

I'm also assuming that we'll get to use the tiles as well as heroes and supply cards from across our collection (no mention of this yet through).

18 minutes ago, TheWelcomeMat88 said:

*insert obligatory joke about a million voices crying out like Obi Wan said after Alderaan blew up* Except now crying out with excitement.

Also the ewok village dancing scene when Heyden Christiansen shows up as a ghost.

So am I correct in thinking that like Descent, this will not allow us to play old campaigns like Return to Hoth on the app? That we will only be able to play the new campaigns they release for this app?

Soon means today.... Right?

1 minute ago, Pollux85 said:

So am I correct in thinking that like Descent, this will not allow us to play old campaigns like Return to Hoth on the app? That we will only be able to play the new campaigns they release for this app?

I'm interested on this topic too.

3 minutes ago, Pollux85 said:

Correct. Only the app specific campaigns can be played on the app.

Does anyone know if the app will maintain the four hero max (like what Descent: Road to Legend did) or will it convert the bad guy into a fifth hero (like what Mansions of Madness Second Edition did)? The rules don't seem to indicate the max.

Just now, keschnell said:

Does anyone know if the app will maintain the four hero max (like what Descent: Road to Legend did) or will it convert the bad guy into a fifth hero (like what Mansions of Madness Second Edition did)? The rules don't seem to indicate the max.

The article says 4 players

Thanks, I see it now. It's interesting that MoM added the 5th. I figured it would be four.

Oh my...this is a mega-happy day! SOOOO looking forward to this.

Well we always knew it would be “soon” and this is pretty much just saying it’s like “Descent” so no fresh news. Gah, that sounded harsh and spoiled, I know. I’m just needing it now!

Edited by power500500

^_^

Welp, off the back of the announcement I've just gone and bought Heart of the Empire and Jabba's Realm to go with my (barely used) base set.

Been seriously jonesing for this app, as solo is the only way for me to really play.

This is gonna be an expensive few months.

Well it looks just like the Descent app and their paper versions. If you haven't played the Descent version, don't get your hopes up. "It does not know the position of figures on the map; it does not keep track of damage or conditions suffered; and it does not roll dice for the players." There is NO AI, so what this really does is turn the Rebel players into the Imperial player as well, having the Rebels moving the Imperial units, rolling their dice and making decisions for them. It's not as good as having an Imperial player. The main benefit from the apps are a) maps are revealed as you go so an exploration element is added that isn't normally in the campaign, and b) new missions.

29 minutes ago, machfalcon said:

Correct. Only the app specific campaigns can be played on the app.

Reading again the article, it says: "You’ll also be invited to embark on a brand-new five-mission campaign...", as if this new campaign was an additional thing and not the main one in the app.

Maybe (and probably) I'm wrong, but this has to mean something

Lando: "We've got to be able to get some kind of a reading on that app, up or down..."

Nien Nunb: "[says something awesome in Sullustese]"

Lando: "Well, how could they be jamming us... if they don't know if we're trying to download..."

Lando (over com to Imperial Assault fans): "Break off the download! The app is still down!"

----

This is fantastic news! I really can't wait to have a fully-co-operative Imperial Assault campaign. I love the normal campaign, but I'd love to not always have a 'one vs. four' feeling. Will be able to shake up the types of players that are interested too. :)

6 minutes ago, Union said:

The main benefit from the apps are a) maps are revealed as you go so an exploration element is added that isn't normally in the campaign, and b) new missions.

The main benefit is that we can play it solo!

2 minutes ago, jonamok said:

The main benefit is that we can play it solo!

You can already play it solo by rolling dice for the Imperial figures, moving Imperial figures and making decisions for them. The app isn't changing anything in that regard. All it is doing is giving you less options for the Imperial figures, making them do some really stupid things sometimes.

1 hour ago, Xepui said:

When a hero recovers more (Strain) than it has suffered, it does not recover any (Health).

So no resting for health in Legends of the Alliance?

Probably to help account for how stupid and ineffectual the Imperial units are thanks to not having an AI. For instance in the Descent app they will almost always attack the closest hero, which means you can very easily protect heavily wounded heroes with a little bit of positioning.