Legends of the Alliance - IA App Coming Soon

By werdnaegni, in Legends of the Alliance

I’m exited for it. I can’t wait to get my hands on it. App brings Coop play. Coop play leads to Solo play.

About time!

Sweet!

I'm happy it's finally here... disappointed you can only play as the rebellion...

Was really hoping they would have gone all in with sweeping campaigns for rebels, imperials, and scum factions... Always can hope for updates to bring though!

I don't care about any news until we get our app... oh wait ?

Cant wait! IA may have a couple of months left in it yet ?

-ryanjamal

:D

At long last! :D

Oh yeah baby

Sweet vindication.

great news. flash design. cant wait to play as a hero finally

cant wait to solo play soon :) woot woot!!!

It's very nice to have. I tried to play the campaign with my wife as a one on one, but she just didnt enjoy it since we had to play against each other. I'm now pretty certain I can get her to give it a shot again.

I would like to baselessly take full credit for this great news. Just last night i traded for some more IA stuff that I'd slowly been collecting for when the app is released. After opening it up I turned to my wife and said "**** it lets start a campaign or learn skirmish I'm sick of waiting"

You're all welcome.

yes!!!!!

This sucks! I cant order any IA products from the FFG website everything is Not Available!

/sarcasm

Fantastic news!

6 minutes ago, Scummy Rebel said:

I would like to baselessly take full credit for this great news. Just last night i traded for some more IA stuff that I'd slowly been collecting for when the app is released. After opening it up I turned to my wife and said "**** it lets start a campaign or learn skirmish I'm sick of waiting"

You're all welcome.

Given how many times I've said after a hockey game "They won because I turned the game off, you're welcome" I'll accept this as scientific fact :D .

This will be a day long remembered.

Ok, that was obligatory. Anyway, I am sure that many (most?) of us have been waiting for the announcement for over two years now. As expected it appears very much along the lines of the Descent app (Road to Legends). Even the name is meant to link it to the previous app which is a nice touch. Of course, now there are a few more quesitons to be answered:

1. How long is "soon"? (We know from prior history that in FFG parlance, "soon" can mean anything from tomorrow to 6 months from now).
2. Will there be side quests? If there are (and there better be!) I am assuming it will work just like in the Descent app where the more expansions you have, the more side quests you have in your side quest "pool" to randomly pull from. This is how the base, non-app game works anyway.
3. And along with #2 above, what about personal character quests...those ones that unlock specific rewards for each player/character? This is sort of a core mechanic for character development in the base game and is one of the features that I think makes every campaign that much more fun. I am hoping that they have created personal side quests for each of the characters that pop-up during campaign play (so long as side quests is still a feature).

Anyway, this can't get released soon enough. I have several players in my gaming group who have refused to play IA anymore until the App comes out because they don't like playing against me as the Imperial Player since I apparently make the game "too challenging." So I haven't been able to play the game for over a year and a half now because of this (even though I continue to collect all of the expansions as they come out...mostly in preparation for the release of this app).

That is great news!

The campaign taking place right after the destruction of the first death star (in the same time period as the original physical Core campaign), I wonder if FFG will revisit the OT, but from "another point of view" (read new missions). That could eventually culminate with the once expected Endor expansion box ...

17 minutes ago, The Cocky Rooster said:

This sucks! I cant order any IA products from the FFG website everything is Not Available!

Lol!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Take my money, all of it! :D

(Hem - well, not until I've got that App installed here, 'k? Also, can I keep enough for sweets during the game? I love sweets.)

When a hero recovers more (Strain) than it has suffered, it does not recover any (Health).

So no resting for health in Legends of the Alliance?

10 minutes ago, IanSolo_FFG said:

That is great news!

The campaign taking place right after the destruction of the first death star (in the same time period as the original physical Core campaign), I wonder if FFG will revisit the OT, but from "another point of view" (read new missions). That could eventually culminate with the once expected Endor expansion box ...

or it would culminate with Yoda boarding the Death Star #Star Wars Infinities comic books :)

16 minutes ago, Otakuon said:

This will be a day long remembered.

Ok, that was obligatory. Anyway, I am sure that many (most?) of us have been waiting for the announcement for over two years now. As expected it appears very much along the lines of the Descent app (Road to Legends). Even the name is meant to link it to the previous app which is a nice touch. Of course, now there are a few more quesitons to be answered:

1. How long is "soon"? (We know from prior history that in FFG parlance, "soon" can mean anything from tomorrow to 6 months from now).
2. Will there be side quests? If there are (and there better be!) I am assuming it will work just like in the Descent app where the more expansions you have, the more side quests you have in your side quest "pool" to randomly pull from. This is how the base, non-app game works anyway.
3. And along with #2 above, what about personal character quests...those ones that unlock specific rewards for each player/character? This is sort of a core mechanic for character development in the base game and is one of the features that I think makes every campaign that much more fun. I am hoping that they have created personal side quests for each of the characters that pop-up during campaign play (so long as side quests is still a feature).

Anyway, this can't get released soon enough. I have several players in my gaming group who have refused to play IA anymore until the App comes out because they don't like playing against me as the Imperial Player since I apparently make the game "too challenging." So I haven't been able to play the game for over a year and a half now because of this (even though I continue to collect all of the expansions as they come out...mostly in preparation for the release of this app).

No one knows how soon "soon" is, but the time from announcement of the Descent app until release was about 2 months. This looks like they've mostly ported the Descent app to IA, so maybe by Christmas, but probably sometime between MLK Day and President's Day.

7 minutes ago, Xepui said:

When a hero recovers more (Strain) than it has suffered, it does not recover any (Health).

So no resting for health in Legends of the Alliance?

Probably a balancing factor. Enemy AI can only be so complex and while a real life imperial player could react to patterns hero prayers were using with healing, it might just be too easy to exploit the AI with rest actions. Just speculation.