Tabletop Admiral overhaul almost complete. Feedback pleeeeease

By werdnaegni, in Star Wars: Imperial Assault

Looks like the regular rebel sabateur has the pre-nerfed card image (pierce 2 and speed 5 instead of pierce 1 and speed 4)

9 hours ago, Fightwookies said:

Looks like the regular rebel sabateur has the pre-nerfed card image (pierce 2 and speed 5 instead of pierce 1 and speed 4)

Fixed

Edited by werdnaegni

Minor Bug: Once you select any deployment card and then click 'Restart and Choose Faction' the selected deployment card essentially disappears and does not return.

As always, very good app!

2 hours ago, Ragemundo said:

Minor Bug: Once you select any deployment card and then click 'Restart and Choose Faction' the selected deployment card essentially disappears and does not return.

As always, very good app!

Should be fixed now. Might have to clear your cache.

Thanks for the heads up.

Can you please remove the function that forces you to choose a faction and only displays units from that faction? I was using IA-Armies to quickly compare units across factions for both skirmish and campaign, and your list builder doesn't do that because of being locked into one faction from the start. A faction filter (which you already seem to have implemented but is redundant) would be better I think.

3 hours ago, Tvboy said:

Can you please remove the function that forces you to choose a faction and only displays units from that faction? I was using IA-Armies to quickly compare units across factions for both skirmish and campaign, and your list builder doesn't do that because of being locked into one faction from the start. A faction filter (which you already seem to have implemented but is redundant) would be better I think.

If you uncheck the autofiltering box, everything will display as it used to.

36 minutes ago, Fightwookies said:

If you uncheck the autofiltering box, everything will display as it used to.

Thank you!

Motivation is still not showing an image.

On 2/3/2018 at 2:50 AM, aermet69 said:

Motivation is still not showing an image.

Sorry I'm so late getting to this. Feel free to tag me in the future and I'll see it sooner. It should be fixed now.

Cool. No biggie!

2 hours ago, werdnaegni said:

Sorry I'm so late getting to this. Feel free to tag me in the future and I'll see it sooner. It should be fixed now.

Force lightning does not show up as a viable command card when you have autofiltering on. I think it has to do with Emperor Palpatines ability being called the same.

@werdnaegni

1 hour ago, Isnigu said:

Force lightning does not show up as a viable command card when you have autofiltering on. I think it has to do with Emperor Palpatines ability being called the same.

@werdnaegni

It's showing up for me. I added Darth Vader and there it was. Can you tell me more about what your process was? What's in your list, what faction you are, etc, so I can see what the deal is?

Thanks

14 minutes ago, werdnaegni said:

It's showing up for me. I added Darth Vader and there it was. Can you tell me more about what your process was? What's in your list, what faction you are, etc, so I can see what the deal is?

Thanks

I pick rebel. Select Luke. Go to command cards, search for force, or lightning. On neither it shows. Nor with any other rebel force user.

When I pick darth it does show up. So maybe its faction locked behind the scenes?

Edit: it doesn't show up for scum/maul either, so I'm guessing it's locked to imperial only.

@werdnaegni

Edited by Isnigu
2 hours ago, Isnigu said:

I pick rebel. Select Luke. Go to command cards, search for force, or lightning. On neither it shows. Nor with any other rebel force user.

When I pick darth it does show up. So maybe its faction locked behind the scenes?

Edit: it doesn't show up for scum/maul either, so I'm guessing it's locked to imperial only.

@werdnaegni

It is faction locked behind the scenes. The card has the empire symbol on it, so unless there's another one, shouldn't it be Empire only?

9 hours ago, werdnaegni said:

It is faction locked behind the scenes. The card has the empire symbol on it, so unless there's another one, shouldn't it be Empire only?

You are absolutely correct. I somehow missed the faction symbol completely.

Are you able make it so that the printer friendly page doesn't copy with a grey background with the text. Like this:

40/40 Deployment
15/15 Command Points
15/15 Command Cards

On 2/14/2018 at 4:24 PM, Deroche said:

Registered an account, and now it won't let me log in.

http://tabletopadmiral.com/imperialassault/login/

It just keeps refreshing to this over and over and move past it.

Could you tell me your username? Like the registration page, the login page's error handling is messed up, but if it's refreshing it's either because of a wrong password or wrong username.

Make sure you're typing your username, not your email address. Or maybe you accidentally signed up with your email address as your username, which some people have done. But let me know either your username or email and I can help.

16 hours ago, Derbes said:

Are you able make it so that the printer friendly page doesn't copy with a grey background with the text. Like this:

40/40 Deployment
15/15 Command Points
15/15 Command Cards

Is it printing with a gray background or just copying?

I can try to figure something out, but most word processing programs have a "clear formatting" button. Let me know what you're trying to copy it to and I can try to figure out the best way to resolve it on my end.

I was pasting into Word. I tried the clear formatting button and that worked. Thank you for the suggestion, as I've never used that button.

8 hours ago, werdnaegni said:

Could you tell me your username? Like the registration page, the login page's error handling is messed up, but if it's refreshing it's either because of a wrong password or wrong username.

Make sure you're typing your username, not your email address. Or maybe you accidentally signed up with your email address as your username, which some people have done. But let me know either your username or email and I can help.

Is it printing with a gray background or just copying?

I can try to figure something out, but most word processing programs have a "clear formatting" button. Let me know what you're trying to copy it to and I can try to figure out the best way to resolve it on my end.

It was the email address instead of username. Nevermind, I'm an idiot and thank you for pointing out my error!

Great app, my dude! I love that I can easily save and recall lists, and that I have the card image now. Everything is really cool, kudos.

I had this one suggestion that might not be possible in the framework, but as I'm scrolling down the list of available cards, the preview location is fixed at the top of the page, so I find I'm scrolling up and down constantly to see what I'm clicking on - I suppose limiting the size of the available cards (on the left side) with a scrollbar would be the easiest way around this. Maybe a re-sizable window so it doesn't annoy everyone with a bigger screen...

But seriously, kudos - great work!

Thanks for the work on this!

One thing I've noticed, or maybe I haven't figured it out yet... Is there a way to remove a single deployment card without resetting all the cards? I recall having been able to do this in one of your older iterations. Now, all I see are 1) Restart and Choose Faction 2) Clear Deployments [clears all deployments] and 3) Clear Command [which clears all commands].

Is there a way to select single cards to clear? For em, when designing lists, there's always going to be adding/ removing parts of a list at a time, and I'd prefer not to constantly have to restart it (especially with command cards.

thanks

1 hour ago, Matroskin said:

Thanks for the work on this!

One thing I've noticed, or maybe I haven't figured it out yet... Is there a way to remove a single deployment card without resetting all the cards? I recall having been able to do this in one of your older iterations. Now, all I see are 1) Restart and Choose Faction 2) Clear Deployments [clears all deployments] and 3) Clear Command [which clears all commands].

Is there a way to select single cards to clear? For em, when designing lists, there's always going to be adding/ removing parts of a list at a time, and I'd prefer not to constantly have to restart it (especially with command cards.

thanks

In the same way you clicked the little "right arrow" next to the card name to add it to the list, there is a "left arrow" next to your selected cards which you can click to remove them

1 hour ago, ManateeX said:

In the same way you clicked the little "right arrow" next to the card name to add it to the list, there is a "left arrow" next to your selected cards which you can click to remove them

Thanks.

I'm using Safari (desktop, MacOS 10.12.6), and the left arrow doesn't appear, though I can click in the space where it should be, and that works.

It does show up on Firefox.

Didn't show up in Chrome.

Tried clearing caches, that didn't solve problem (neither did reloading).

I just checked on iPad (iOS 11.2.5) Both Safari and Chrome work. On iPhone, Safari works.

Not sure what would be causing it.

I wonder if others are encountering the same issue or not...

On 2/17/2018 at 1:30 PM, Matroskin said:

Thanks.

I'm using Safari (desktop, MacOS 10.12.6), and the left arrow doesn't appear, though I can click in the space where it should be, and that works.

It does show up on Firefox.

Didn't show up in Chrome.

Tried clearing caches, that didn't solve problem (neither did reloading).

I just checked on iPad (iOS 11.2.5) Both Safari and Chrome work. On iPhone, Safari works.

Not sure what would be causing it.

I wonder if others are encountering the same issue or not...

That's really weird.

I can't imagine it's a Mac thing, since surely I would have heard complaints by now, but I can check on my wife's Mac later (I don't have one).

If you know how to enable developer views or whatever it's called on Mac and could check for errors, that would be helpful. I'm kind of stumped. Seems like it would make more sense for NEITHER arrow to appear. Can you see it here: ◄ ?