Tabletop Admiral overhaul almost complete. Feedback pleeeeease

By werdnaegni, in Star Wars: Imperial Assault

2 hours ago, werdnaegni said:

a) Could you elaborate on the unique cards thing? I'm not sure what you mean.
Are you saying that if you're making an Empire list, and you uncheck every faction except Empire, Palpatine doesn't show up? I'm guessing that's not it, but my wee brain is confused, so please elaborate, thanks!

b) Unfortunately, if I take out the other instances of looking for a fight and take positions, it'll break some lists. My mistake will haunt me for eternity.

a) Yeah that is it, but I tried again, an it works fine... now I'm confused... :) Guess it does work as intended.

b) to be honest, I'd rather have a list or two or three ruined, and have this sorted. :)

I added a little notification that fades out after 1.5 seconds when you add a deployment card. Let me know if you guys like it and I'll do it for commands too.

Might have to clear your cache.

Probably not that useful for desktop users, but I figured mobile users would like the confirmation that their card actually got added instead of having to scroll.

Edited by werdnaegni

Redid the faction selection screen to look more like the new look. Working on the print view now.

I redid the "latest lists" page, and it's now filterable by up to 2 deployment cards, and by faction.

Also infinitely "next page"-able, instead of just being able to see the latest.

Note that the filters only filter your current page of lists, so if you only catch 1 or 2 lists in the filter, that doesn't mean there are only 1 or 2 lists with those cards. Try the next page and do it again.

http://tabletopadmiral.com/imperialassault/latestlists/1

@werdnaegni

Attachments don't appear to be visible.

1 minute ago, theaficionado said:

@werdnaegni

Attachments don't appear to be visible.

Any particular one? Motivation is showing up for me. And Combat Suit (once you have a trooper, leader, or guardian)

Edited by werdnaegni
Just now, werdnaegni said:

Any particular one? Motivation is showing up for me.

I was trying to find a way to link images to my Grand Tier List (if you're not cool with it, I'll remove them), and all of the Rebel Upgrades weren't appearing. I also couldn't see Targeting Computer.

1 minute ago, werdnaegni said:

Any particular one? Motivation is showing up for me. And Combat Suit (once you have a trooper, leader, or guardian)

Well, that might make sense! :P You have to actually add a legal unit to add the attachment.

Thanks! Sorry for the trouble.

Just now, theaficionado said:

I was trying to find a way to link images to my Grand Tier List (if you're not cool with it, I'll remove them), and all of the Rebel Upgrades weren't appearing. I also couldn't see Targeting Computer.

I'm fine with that.
You probably just need to uncheck "autofiltering" to make finding them easier.

Deployment cards that you can't use don't show up, so if you don't have, say, a Wookiee, Fury of Kashyyyk won't show up.

I’ve spent some time with the new site and really like everything you have done up to this point. The idea of exporting a vassal list someday is awesome and would go a long way to making your site more widely used. Awesome work!

A minor cleanup point to look into... I’ve notice a “none” option a few times and also “undefined” options e.g. “undefined mak...”

Thanks again, an awesome site even more awesome now.

The Command card Field Supply appears to have a broken image. FYI, when this happens the text only view was nice.

As always thanks and good work!

1 hour ago, wannabepudge said:

The Command card Field Supply appears to have a broken image. FYI, when this happens the text only view was nice.

As always thanks and good work!

Fixed.

And I understand, but there really shouldn't be any images not working. I don't add the cards unless I have the image anyway. In this case it was just a typo in the file name.

Squad Swarm command card has 2 pips in the builder, but only 1 on the card.

5 hours ago, Isnigu said:

Squad Swarm command card has 2 pips in the builder, but only 1 on the card.

Fixed, thanks

25 minutes ago, werdnaegni said:

Fixed, thanks

And so does Overrun, I just noticed.

2 hours ago, Isnigu said:

And so does Overrun, I just noticed.

Also fixed, also thanks.

This is looking much better than the earlier new version. Thanks for these updates.

2 minutes ago, Mep said:

This is looking much better than the earlier new version. Thanks for these updates.

Thanks! Glad you like it.

Fixed it so it shouldn't ask you to pick your faction when you click on somebody's list from the lists page. It tries to figure it out on its own. Hopefully it gets it right.

Wow! Dude. Just wow. Amazing! TableTopAdmiral was already very good before...now it's brilliant! Thanks so much for all your obvious effort on this!

Other suggestions to consider when you get a chance, if you're interested:

• For both the Deployment and the Command Deck (over on the right-hand side of the page), it would be great if we had the ability to sort the lists of cards by Cost or Name (just as we can on the left-hand side of the page).
  • Command Card building: it would be nice to have a drop-down list with the various Traits, like we had before. That way I don't have to type in "Hunter" or "Smuggler" in order to quickly find certain cards. It is possible to navigate almost everything else on the site with the mouse-only, so it would be nice to have this feature back again too.
  • Command Card building: it would be nice to have the list sorted, not only by Cost (which you currently can), but also by Cost-and-then-Name (which you currently can't). Right now it can get annoying to find certain Cards, because they seem to be sorted haphazardly among other Cards of the same cost.

But whether those changes happen or not, this is still (IMHO) the premier IA squad-building tool in existence! Many kudos and much respect, sir!

18 minutes ago, thereisnotry said:

Wow! Dude. Just wow. Amazing! TableTopAdmiral was already very good before...now it's brilliant! Thanks so much for all your obvious effort on this!

Other suggestions to consider when you get a chance, if you're interested:

• For both the Deployment and the Command Deck (over on the right-hand side of the page), it would be great if we had the ability to sort the lists of cards by Cost or Name (just as we can on the left-hand side of the page).
  • Command Card building: it would be nice to have a drop-down list with the various Traits, like we had before. That way I don't have to type in "Hunter" or "Smuggler" in order to quickly find certain cards. It is possible to navigate almost everything else on the site with the mouse-only, so it would be nice to have this feature back again too.
  • Command Card building: it would be nice to have the list sorted, not only by Cost (which you currently can), but also by Cost-and-then-Name (which you currently can't). Right now it can get annoying to find certain Cards, because they seem to be sorted haphazardly among other Cards of the same cost.

But whether those changes happen or not, this is still (IMHO) the premier IA squad-building tool in existence! Many kudos and much respect, sir!

Thanks! Glad you're liking it.

1. Ah yeah, you're not the first to suggest that. I just forgot about it.

2. Fair enough. You're not the first to ask for that either. I've just been internally fighting it, hah. I'll do it.

3. I'll look into that. It might as well be the default to sort by name, after it's sorted by whatever other option you have chosen.

If you set a parameter (for example sort by cost, descending), and then refresh the page to change faction, if will still have the previous parameter active, but display as if the default is selected. This is fixed by re-selecting the parameter you actually want.

Edit: And with refresh I mean an f5 refresh, not when clicking the button to restart and choose faction.

Edited by Isnigu
1 minute ago, Isnigu said:

If you set a parameter (for example sort by cost, descending), and then refresh the page to change faction, if will still have the previous parameter active, but display as if the default is selected. This is fixed by re-selecting the parameter you actually want.

Ah, good catch. It resets your list, but not your filters. I'll fix that. Thanks.

49 minutes ago, werdnaegni said:

Thanks! Glad you're liking it.

1. Ah yeah, you're not the first to suggest that. I just forgot about it.

2. Fair enough. You're not the first to ask for that either. I've just been internally fighting it, hah. I'll do it.

3. I'll look into that. It might as well be the default to sort by name, after it's sorted by whatever other option you have chosen.

Ad 3) I think this might solve the problem I mentioned earlier with the cards jumping around after picking one - kinda like it re-sorts the list when it's sorted after cost, in a new somewhat random list.

Maybe its just me, but I have never been able to figure out where to see notes for lists I've saved. I can tell the lists that have notes associated to them, but said notes don't show up anywhere.