Star Wars Clone Wars: Cyclone Squad IC

By Rabobankrider, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

With a pained grunt Vos slowly forces himself back to his feet. Reaching for his belt, he jams a stimpack into the slot built into his enviro-suit. Taking a breath he looks to the remaining clones. "This place, it's sick with the dark side. This structure is probably controlled by the force, I may be able to open it up.

Limping towards the huge obsidian structure, Vos slowly reaches out a hand till it rests against the centre of the gigantic double doors. Closing his eyes, Vos concentrates, letting the force flow through him. The green veins that run through the structure pulse brightly for a moment before a dull 'thunk' can be heard from somewhere deep inside. Slowly, silently, the doors begin to swing outwards. Beyond them is a corridor tall enough and wide enough to move a small tank down with ease.

The structure looked ancient, the walls lined with huge pillars and intricate carvings all along the walls. The carvings depicted a great many things, ranging from battles among ancient looking civilisations to strange and eldritch rulers sat upon broken thrones. The green veins ran all over the roof, walls and floor, and pulsed regularly as if they had a heartbeat. The main body of them seemed to be travelling down the main corridor, but there was offshoots as well.

Here and there, openings would lead down narrow corridors or into small rooms. These rooms were similarly decorated, but dominating the centre of the rooms were large stone tables with holes cut through the centres, almost like a large plug hole. The green tendrils that made their way into these rooms invariably disappeared into these holes. Resting on many of the tables were simplistic stone blades, strained with a dark brown liquid.

Vos shudders as he peers into one of the rooms before making his way further inside. It was almost pitch black with the exception of the green glow of the tendrils. "If there's any survivors of the kidnappings, they have to be in here somewhere. Looking to Gunslinger, Vos gestures ahead as he winces a little. "Sergeant, do you mind taking charge, I can still feel my injuries a bit".

As Brick forcefully tears the blaster out of the oncoming droids hands, the droid cries out 'hey, that's not yours!" Akua lunges around the corner, hands outstretched. Gritting her teeth she fights the fog that clouds her mind from her imprisonment, Akua finally is able to reach into the depths of the force. The droids freeze for a moment before they are hurled back down the darkened corridor. Scattered over the stone floor one of them lands badly and its head is torn completely off. Leaving the sparking remains on the floor, the droids are quick to push themselves to their feet. "Keep the jedi alive, we don't need the clone!" The remaining droids open fire, the corridor bathed in red light as some of the blaster shots slam into the clone trooper. He was now armed, but they were still outnumbered.

Back in the main room, another clone begins to come to. Looking around he finds himself in an alien and unfriendly environment. Looking around he could see other clones held in place by the strange rock alcoves. It was strange, they looked awake, but were unresponsive, as if they had fallen into a waking coma. The thin green cables that ran to their wrist clamps had gone dull, but those connected to the waking clone still pulsed with the sinister green light. No doubt they were connected to the state of his brothers. He could see that the cables led to the large green orb in the centre of the room, he had to get out, fast.

Move Check : 2eP+1eA+1eD 2 successes

p-s.png p-s-a.png a--.png d-th.png

Missed Boost Dice : 1eB 0 successes, 2 advantage
b-a-a.png

Force Check : 1eF 1 Light Side
f-ls.png Does 12 damage before soak to droids, moves them to short range, advantage check spent to add setback dice to droid combat check.

Droid Combat Check : 3eP+1eD+1eS 1 success, 2 advantage
p-s-a.png p-s-s.png p-s-a.png d-f-f.png s-f.png Flipped destiny point, does 10 damage before soak to @pyciloo , advantage spent to take free manoeuvre to move to engaged range.

For Teep's sake. What the shab is this place? He looks around groggily, not liking the look of his surroundings. "I knew I hated this moon."

He looks at the glowing cables and sighs audibly. Okay, am I the first getting pumped with the juice, or the last? Knowing my luck, I'm guessing I'm the first. He starts straining against the bonds, trying to break out. Wait, if I'm the last, that means that they are all potential enemies. Yep, that's probably it. IF I get out, the crazies who run this joint are going to let them out. Okay, so do I get turned into a zombie, or do I get killed by the zombies of clone brothers? Decisions, decisions.

He grunts, relaxing for a moment. "Is this seriously how I'm going to die?" He resumes struggling, then groans. "Oh this is pointless."

He breathes heavily for a moment from the exertion, then sighs. "I am not going out this way. YOU HEAR ME? Of all the dumb ways to die, THIS AIN'T GONNA BE ONE OF 'EM!" he yells at the sky (well, the roof anyway), straining against the bonds in a futile effort. If I'm going to die, I may as well be obnoxious about it. Hmm, what's this? He notices that one of the restraints feels marginally looser.

As the clone extraction team move into the temple and the base survivors struggle with their captors, there was a third party, somewhere dark and cold. General Caieous, one of the newest knights to join the ranks in the jedi order slowly comes to. His surrounding are almost pitch black, and he can smell the damp in the air. He can hear drips of water against stone, and the ragged breath of someone near by. Looking to his side he sees a familiar figure, the jedi knight, Gux Heave. a renowned ithorian jedi who was also a representative for the ithorian people and their restoration work. He did not look his usual lively self, he looked week, ill even. He hung limply, suspended in the air by strange green energy that crackled around his wrist and ankles. It was the same power that held Caieous in place beside him.

As Caieous comes to, he hears Gux calling his name repeatedly. "Caieous, Caieous, wake up! We need to get out of here, this place, it's not right, it's the dark side, it's everywhere! They're going to use us, us and the clone to-" Gux pauses, trembling a little as he looks up frantically. Somwhere in the dark he hears the scrunch of footsteps against the ground. "No, no, she's back! Caieous, you need to get away, or she'll get you-" Again Gux is halted as his words is replaced with a choking noise. Writhing in his bonds, the ithorian coughs and sputters, twisting from side to side with genuine fear in his eyes. The cracking green energy spreads across his entire body, burning into his flesh. With a shriek of horror from Gux, Caieous for just a moment sees a green silhouette of the ithorian appear a few centimetres beyond his body. Within less than a second, the silhouette dissipates into mist, flowing up into the dark.

As the mist moves, it illuminates the surroundings, revealing the jedi to be in some kind of cave. As the light moves upwards, the stone changes from natural cavern to sculpted pillars and arches that seem to go for miles. It was like looking up at an eternal coliseum, each arch bathed in shadow. Just for a moment though, each is lit by the mist, and reveal a stone statue carrying some kind of archaic sword and shield. The statues looked human, but cast in the grey rock it was difficult to make out any features. There must be hundreds of the statues, thousands even, they just kept going.

Eventually the mist seems to dissipate, and Gux falls to the ground, eyes still open and his body smoking from the burns. From somewhere in the shadows, Caieous hears a gurgled hacking cough, followed by a hoarse voice. "One more, so close, so close. All will feed in time. Do not struggle jedi, your service will come".

Slugger stands before the mouth of the entry way to the building. “ Alright Gunslinger what’s the plan? I take Point? Or am I holding up the rear.” He says looking to his Brother and commander waiting for orders on how to proceed.

Edited by Shlambate

“Take point, Slugger. I’ve got your six. Let’s move.”

12 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

“Take point, Slugger. I’ve got your six. Let’s move.”

All right Boys follow me into the Breach!” Slugger says as Gunslinger gave the order.

“Yeah, my service may come sooner than expected”, Caieous said to the dark as he struggled against his bonds. The Force flowed through body strengthening his efforts....

As the droids continue to fire on the escapees, Brick ducks back into the main room after hearing the shouts of his captured brother. Rushing across the room he sets the blaster down as he strains against the bonds holding Driz. Pulling back with one foot against the wall, the wrist binding cracks, and eventually snaps as the rocky material crumbles. With a hand free, it was quick work for Driz to free himself. Brick nods to the clone before rushing back to the fight.

As this was happening, Akua stands her ground in the mouth of the room, fists clenched as she stands between the clones and the droids. Still wielding the force, Akua sizes the body of the fallen droid and brings it hurtling into the back of the squad with a clang. The impact scatters two of the other droids to the floor, but with no other target, this time they respond with gunfire.

The remaining droids open fire on the padawan, but Akua is able to throw herself back into the doorway just in time. Glancing over her shoulder she calls out to the others. "Hey, I could use some help over here!"

Brick Athletics Check : 4eA+2eB+3eD 3 successes, 3 advantage
a-s-a.png a-s-a.png a-s-a.png a-s.png b-a.png b-s.png d--.png d-f-th.png d-f.png Advantage spent to take free manoeuvre

Akua Force Check : 2eP+1eA+1eD+1eF 3 successes, 1 advantage, 2 Light Side
p-s-s.png p-a-a.png a-s.png d-th.png f-ls-ls.png Does 13 damage to droids before soak, boost passed to @P-47 Thunderbolt

Droid Combat Check : 1eP+1eA+1eD 1 failure, 1 advantage
p-s.png a-a.png d-f-f.png Recover 1 strain

Caieous felt some force - no the Force of this place binding him in place but the Force flowing through him was stronger for now.
His hands slapped their opposite arms as his limbs broke free and he stumbled forward catching his balance. He paused, strained from the effort, stood quietly in the dark.
Now what? Which direction to go? His hands went instinctively to his lightsaber. Of course it wasn’t there, he felt for his utility belt...
He could just barely make something out...

Edited by Jedi Ronin

Hearing the echoes of gunshots from within the eerie labyrinth of corridors, Gunslinger instinctively takes off: “Cyclones, with me!” ...but is quickly fatigued in his current condition. “No, go! I’ll be just behind you.”

Pausing for a few moments to catch his breath and muster his strength, he continues at a more moderate clip.

(Destiny flip to add an Ability die to the 2 Proficient; Second Wind x3 (incidental) to recover 3 Strain, 2 Advantage to recover 2 more. Athletics w/ destiny flip : 2eP+1eA+3eD+1eS 1 failure, 2 advantage

p--.png p-s-s.png a-a-a.png d--.png d-f-f.png d-f.png s--.png )

Driz is surprised at the help of the other trooper and manages a "Thanks." before Brick dashes away again. Figuring that's where the action is, Driz dashes after him, skidding to a stop when he sees the droids. That hesitation only lasts a moment, however, and he dashes forwards, desperately grabbing at one of the droids' blasters. Fighting silently, he rips the entire arm off of the droid. Frakfrakfrakfrakfrak! he thinks as he tries to get the droid's hand off the grip so he can use it himself.

Edited by P-47 Thunderbolt

"You're not medical are you brother (rhetorical) we're gonna get fragged!"

"Name's Brick, stay behind me."

(Everything about this brother tells you he will die here and now for you w/o question)

Edited by pyciloo

Looking around in the dark, Caieous could barley see in the dark, even as his eyes adjusted to the dark. Stumbling over the body of his fallen friend as he hits the ground. As the inky black stretches to the end of every side of the room, the jedi cannot see the a way out of the sinister place. What he could see however was troubling indeed. Lurking at the edge of the dark he could see a silhouette, hunched over and dressed in red rags. As it shifts its position Caieous sees a truly awful visage, pale skin practically sloughing off of the bones, sores and boils leaking the same green puss that the attacking gungans had been filled with. Its fingers were long and hooked, and it trembles with unnatural energy. "No, no, it's not time! You can't leave, they're still so hungry!" The figure howls as it begins to shuffle towards the jedi.

Looking behind him, Caieous sees a small stone plinth, and resting atop of it was four lightsabers. Three he recognised; his own, Gux's and the blade of Gux's padawan, the fourth was unfamiliar to him. Looking further towards the back of the room, Caieous can see piles of discarded trash and wreckage. It ranged from broken weapons, shattered armour and what looks like more than a few bleached bones.

Meanwhile, still in the dark, a diminutive figure slowly stirs from the ground. The young padawan Vinteer can hear the trip of water, and feel the chill cold of being underground. Slowly memories begin to come back. A pit, climbing, and then falling. Reaching for their belt he finds that his lightsaber is missing, but he can hear shouts somewhere in the distance. He must be close to finding his master.

As Driz struggles with droid hand in the trigger of his blaster, Akua glances back at him. "Here, let me help" she calls at as the reaches out one hand. Her face twisted in frustration, she clenches her fist and the droid arm is torn roughly from the gun. The arm is fired across the room and embeds itself in one of the advancing droids chests, sparks cascading out of the wound. Panting a little, Akua takes a half step back. "Ugh, this isn't working!"

Akua Combat Check : 2eP+1eA+1eD+1eF 1 success, 1 Dark Side

p-s-s.png p--.png a-a.png d-f-th.png f-ds.png Flips destiny point to use force point, does 6 base damage to the droids

Driz takes a step back and blasts the head off the first droid, then the second, and then three shots in quick succession to the third's torso end it as well, clearing the hallway. "Targets neutralized, Commander." He takes a moment to breathe, glancing around his surroundings curiously. That went far better than I expected. Now we press our luck and try to stop whatever they're doing to our brothers. If it hasn't already been done. Would blowing up the green glowy thing solve the problem, or cause one? Maybe both? "Commander, what should we do about our brothers in there? Should we disconnect them from that green... 'glowy thing'? What's our objective?"

Getting his wits about him, Vinteer got to his feet and headed in the direction of the shouting. He didn't like the feeling he was getting from this place, wether that was the force or just his nerves this cave gave him bad vibes. His Master was sure to be around here though Vinteer wasn't looking forward to telling him that he'd lost his saber. As he got closer to where the shouting had been coming from he crouched down and did his best to keep his approach unknown to whoever was here. Better to be safe than sorry just in case the shouting wasn't from a friend of Master Heave.

As he ran to aide what sounded like the Commander in the middle of a fight Slugger finds probably the only thing that would have distracted the Clone on his charge forward. "Wow" He blurts out over the communicator, as he spies a pile of thermal detonators "Boys I've found a treasure trove! Grenades I'll stock up these are bound to be useful soon.' Slugger opens his back pack and shovels the Thermal Detonators in. When he was done he ran back to the sound of the Commander, yet it seemed as if the fighting was done.

With the battle over, Akua slumps against the wall, seemingly worse for ware than she had let on to the clones. Glancing up at Driz as he asks questions, the clone doesn't see a jedi commander, but a scared teenager, bloodied but alive. "I, I don't know" she manages after a moment. "I don't know if that thing is hurting them or keeping them alive, I don't know what to do".

Eventually they hear the sound of boots on the ground as the remaining clones round the corner. It feels like an age since they have seen any of their brothers, and in such a place it seemed unlikely that they would find anyone alive.

Seeing Gunslinger, Akua is just about able to push herself away from the wall and run down corridor. "Gunslinger!" She shouts before tackling him in a weak hug. "I'm sorry, I went back to the base, but they were waiting for me, I tried to escape but-" her words catch in her throat, ending her sentence for her.

Following the clones, Vos looks around nervously as he enters the main room. "What is this place? What are they doing to these people?" As he looks around, he glances back to the others. "The masters, they aren't here, I can't sense them. They must be somewhere else in this temple".

Elsewhere, Vinteer is able to move through what seems to be a natural tunnel of some sort. Feeling his way using the tunnels wall he is able to make slow progress. He can feel the damp on the wall and underfoot, but eventually this gives way, and he finds himself in the mouth of some kind of cavern. He hears a familiar voice, that of Caieous. He cannot see him though, he can barley see anything in the dark.

Great, just great. The invincible Jedi here to lead us to victory is a scared kid. Propaganda is just as reliable as intel. Driz looks up as the clones enter, but is shocked at the sight of a Jedi throwing herself into the arms of a clone trooper. That's not... regulation. That's dangerous . What are they thinking? No, no, you're reading too much into it. She's just relieved to see him, that's all. Nothing in the regs against that is there? Don't jump to conclusions, it's not that , it can't be. Trying not to stare and wanting to get his mind off the topic as quickly as possible, Driz turns and looks around the main room instead. "Brick, what do you think? I'd ask the Sarge, but he's a bit busy right now."

" Is anyone here also glad to see the medic? "

The question comes from the back of the squad, and is presented quite as-a-matter-of-factly.

Gunslinger catches her in his arms, though in truth, he is not in the best of shape himself.

”Akua.. you are here...” His own voice catches. “I feared the worst, when you didn’t return.”

Belatedly realizing that they were creating a bit of a scene, the sergeant separates from the intimate embrace and strives unsuccessfully to maintain some level of decorum.

”Mediiiic! Very glad to see you. Please see to Commander Serendine at once.”

Gunslinger gently eases Akua down, and crouches down with her, awaiting the ministrations of the capable medic.

Slugger would enter seeing Akua hug Gunslinger and not bat an eye, spotting other clones in the Room he approached them, ' Were you part of the group that was captured by the separatists? We found a downed AT-TE earlier." He says as he approaches the other Clones in their group. " The name's Slugger, heavy weapons expert of Cyclone Squad." he said as he rested his Z-6 Martha on his Left Shoulder and extended a hand.

Driz turns and shakes his hand, "Yeah, woke up in one of those alcoves. I'm Driz, marksman. Speaking of heavy weapons, we've got to do something about that green glowy thing in there. Anyone here who knows what in haran it is, or can figure it out? We've got to get our brothers unhooked, but I'd like to know we aren't going to kill them first."

" That Sounds like a Medical Problem. Jumpy when you're done with the Commander, check on our Brothers here." Slugger says turning to Jumpy the Medic and then back to Driz, in relation to the fellow clones not dying, " As for Blowing up a green glowing thing, I am your Man. Where is it exactly?" He says looking for said giant glowing thing.

Driz points him to the big room, where the giant green glowy thing can be plainly seen in the center of the room, wires, or conduits running out of it and up to the clones still in the alcoves.