Star Wars Clone Wars: Cyclone Squad IC

By Rabobankrider, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

The droid puts up one h-ell of a fight and in the struggle Beau is forced to let it go. "Dam."

(hearing someone else, calls back at appropriate volume) "RC-8417. Bit tied up at the moment."

Sorry everybody. Thanks Rabo!

Edited by pyciloo

As the walker lies partially destroyed on the battlefield, the site slowly falls silent. The wind whistles faintly in the distance, and the sound of creaking metal settling are the only things to really punctuate the smog. Slowly the battle droids move from their position where they had been trying to hold back the walker, and start to move towards the wreck. The thud of their footsteps can be heard by the clones as they advance, and a tiny voice rings out. "Check for survivors, the mistress will want them to join the others". Fortunately for Slugger, he is overlooked by the droids as the first ducks down to start clambering into the shattered cockpit. The clones don't have long to act before they are discovered.

As the droids advance, one of the groups look up at the figure of Padawan Vos stood atop the now ruined walker. "Hey, up there!"one of the droids shout. The others turn in unison to face their new target and open fire. Being out in the open, it is difficult for the padawan to defend himself. He catches a blaster bolt to the shoulder and feels the seering pain as it punches through and out the other side. The force of the impact knocks the lightsaber from his hand and sends it clattering over the edge of the walker. It hits the ground with a soft thud, deactivating as it lands.

Droid Combat Check : 3eP+1eA+1eD 3 successes, 3 advantage, 1 Triumph

p-a-a.png p-s-a.png p-tr.png a-s-a.png d-th.png Does 12 base damage to Vos ( @fluglichkeiten ), advantage spent to knock lightsaber out of Vos's hand. triumph spent to inflict critical injury.

Critical Injury : 1d100 60 Average critical injury, 'agonising wound', add 1 difficulty to brawl and agility checks till the end of the encounter

Edited by Rabobankrider

Slugger heads down to the top hatch of the AT-TE, opening it as quietly as he can. " Alright Brothers let's move, Clankers coming in from below. Saying something about taking Prisoners." Slugger said over the comms.

Having dragged the squad leader into the relative safety of the crew compartment, CT-4077 starts to dig through his gear. " There you are, " he thinks, as he pulls out a stimpack and quickly removes the plastic cap from the syringe needle. " This'll hurt me more than it does you at the moment. "

Then CT-4077 hears Slugger over the comms. " Let the medic do medic things, I'm here for that. " Again, a random thought and a quick sigh with some frustration over the fact that everything about the AT-TE went downhill so fast and now they seem to be in more of a rush. CT-4077 quickly decides a nice place to stick the needle between two of Gunslinger's armor plates, and get the most out of the healing properties from the injected fluid.

" Nice vein you have there, sir. I should know. I have it too right at that spot. It'll spread the juice better. Time to come to, sir! "

“Cyclo.. oof.” Gunslinger starts to spring up, but only makes it about halfway. “Must.. Slugger.. get us out..”

Finding himself in no shape to lead, he places his trust in his oldest comrade in arms, to lead the squad to safety. Leaning heavily on him for a moment, as he regains his balance, Gunslinger follows him as he rallies the others. “Thanks, mate. You too, doc.”

" Alright boys you heard him. Let's sneak out the top." Slugger says noticing that Gunslinger was alive and giving the command of the situation over to him. " We are going to need to get to that mountain base on foot, and sneak around the Clankers."

As the droids open fire on the padawan atop the walker, there is the thrum of a lightsaber cutting through the air as he launches himself from the top of the wreckage. Twisting through the air he lands dead centre of the first group of droids. There is a screech of metal as the blade slices clean through the upper torso of two of the attackers, sending them clattering to the ground. The droids scramble backwards, away from the jedi as they try to mount a defence, buying time ofr the clones.

Vos Force Check : 1eF 2 Light Side

f-ls-ls.png Activates force leap

Vos Combat Check : 3eP+2eA+2eD 5 successes
p-s.png p-s-s.png p-s-a.png a-s-s.png a-a.png d-th.png d-f-th.png Does 11 base damage to droid squad 2

As Slugger open fires on the droids; revealing his location, he feels the ground beneath his feet shake. Turning around he sees the final remaining tank had slowly advanced over the blasted ground between them. The tank had open fired with its heavy repeater cannons, the huge plasma shots smashing into the back of the tank and whizzing over the gunners head. The clones were in a tight spot with enemies in front and behind, regular troops would have succumbed long ago.

Tank Combat Check : 2eA+3eD 2 failures

a-a.png a-s-a.png d-f-f.png d-f.png d-th-th.png Droid Tank misses Slugger

Brick bites down again, determined to break his bonds and with a final scream tears himself free! Not wasting a second he sprints towards the voice calling for help, his instincts tell him that anything non-droid will be an ally in this place.

Already badly injured by the droids initial attack, Vos takes a great risk putting himself between the droids and clone troopers. The first squad are unable to lay a strike on him as he hunkers down behind his lightsaber, determined to hold the line. However the second squad combine their firepower with the first, and the sheer amount of bolts int he air are too many to avoid. His body is struck by a number blaster shots that punch through him, throwing the padawan against the ruined hull of the walker. Vos crumples to the floor, badly injured and unconscious.

As Brick busts free of his restraints, the medical droid takes a few steps back in panic, continuing to bleat its alert at an elevated volume now. It must be trying to call for help from beyond this sinister looking room.

Droid Combat Check : 2eP+3eD 0 successes, 2 threat

p-s-s.png p-s-a.png d-f-th.png d-th-th.png d-f-f.png Misses Vos, disadvantage spent to add setback dice to next check.

Droid Combat Check : 3eP+1eC 4 successes, 1 advantage
p-s-s.png p-s-a.png p-s.png c--.png Does 12 base damage to Vos, advantage spent to pass boost to ally.

Critical Injury : 1d100 76 Inflicts average

CT-4077 carefully looks outside. Droids getting real close. Likely they would be swarming all over the walker soon.

" Sir! Get going sir. I'll cover you, sir! "

He steps out into the door opening and as he wants to open fire, he notices another casualty.

" Squad! Jedi down at the front, repeat! Jedi down! "

CT-4077 then fails to hit his targets. At least he'd be a distraction as he steps back into the aft crew compartment.

CT-5472 casts about, trying to place himself in the gunfight as it continues to rage about him. The stims have him back on his feet, but his head is still a bit fuzzy from blood loss.

”Jedi down.. Jedi down!”

”Akua..?!”

Gunslinger has the clarity to know he needs to destroy the droids closing on them, and find the commander. Raising both pistols, he starts firing. Their new medic might not be much of a shot, but the suppressive fire gives him the opening he needs to take some clankers out of the fight.

“Aaaaagghhh!!” The sergeant doesn’t even realize he is screaming, as he exits the ruined tactical enforcer, guns blazing. Unleashing a frenzy of bolts upon the hapless droids, he then takes aim at an abandoned repeater emplacement, hitting the power pack; the resultant explosion takes out the rest.

(url=https://orokos.com/roll/834044]2 pistols/aim[/url]: 3eP+1eB+2eD 2 successes, 5 advantage

p-s-a.png p-a-a.png p-s-a.png b-s-a.png d-f.png d--.png 1st pistol inflicts 11 dmg (w/point blank x2); 2nd pistol inflicts 9 dmg. Remaining 3 Advantage... could I blow up one of the already ruined tanks? FiB table 3-3 lists the following option: “A vehicle... near the target explodes, inflicting 10 damage to all engaged characters.” @Rabobankrider )

Edited by Edgehawk

Noticing the sound of Gunslinger Shouting and taking down several droids Slugger’s mood brightens visibly through his armor even. “ Gunslinger!” He shouts as he lines up and unleashes H3ll on the next droid squad and downs them all in one single volley of the Rotary cannon. “ Now that you’re up you’re falling behind with the score again with those four.” The Clone said cheerfully “ I think that makes 25 and two tanks.”

Edited by Shlambate

Again the is a dense thumping sound as the last remaining tank open fires, trying to cut down the gunner atop of the shattered walker. The shot passes over the top of Sluggers head, almost removing it entirely. The plasma shot smashes into the pyramid in front of the walker, though the shot itself seems to barley any damage.

Still restrained within their alcove, Akua wrestles against the remaining bonds, and with a shout of pain, the rock finally cracks and breaks free. The strange cables attached to her wrists snap, and the padawan falls forwards onto the walkway.

However as they stumble, their legs give way from weakness, and in moments Akua finds herself toppling over the edge of the narrow rock face. With a cry of shock, he tumbles over the edge, but is able to get a hand onto the ledge before she plummets to the ground. Gritting her teeth she looks down towards the ground, taking in the strange pulsing orb at the centre of the room, giving out or taking in the energy from those strange vines. That was not all, she could see the exit, a large open doorway illuminated by the orb. She could heard the sound of metallic feet approaching. Droids were on the way, and fast.

With a grunt, Akua pulls herself up with her one hand, and taking one more look around she begins to run in the direction of the droid sounding the alarm. "Hello?" she shouts as she goes, "is anyone still there?"

Inside of the structure, Brick feels the ground shake a little under his feet from something near by. What was going on with this place. Behind Brick he can sill hear the medical droid shouting 'alarm', but in front of him in the dark someone was shouting for help. A decision had to be made.

Tank Combat Check : 2eA+3eD 1 failure

a-s-s.png a-s-a.png d-th.png d-f-f.png d-f-f.png Tank misses Slugger

Akua Athletics Check : 2eP+1eA+2eB+3eD 4 successes, 3 threat
p-s-s.png p-s.png a-a.png b-s.png b--.png d-th-th.png d-th.png d-th.png Akua breaks free of their bonds, disadvantage spent to have them fall over the side of the walkway.

Akua Athletics Check : 2eP+1eA+2eD 2 successes, 1 advantage, 1 Triumph
p-tr.png p-s-a.png a-a-a.png d-th.png d-th.png Akua climbs back up, triumph spent to see droids on ground floor

Seeing the Jedi is free Brick turns his attention back to the "medical" droid. Running back across the platform he launches himself at the droid and using momentum, and his hand to hand combat training, manages to throw it over the edge!

"Shut up..." he quietly says to himself, before snapping his attention back to his pile of other obstacles. *I need a weapon* he thinks to himself.

The droid lets out a plaintive wail as it topples over the edge of the cliff. Narrowly avoiding the strange pulsing sphere on the ground floor the droid smashes into the rock and explodes into a shower of scrap and sparks. The sound from the rooms door grows louder as whatever droids are outside begin to move faster. Glancing down, Akua lets out a low whistle. "Well, that's one way to do it. What is this place? It looks like they're draining these people, or pumping something into them. I don't know".

Again, CT-4077 steps into the door to the cockpit and rather hastily aims his rifle at the droids that were near. As CT-4077 pulls the trigger, several blaster bolts spew forth, but none find their mark; there is still too much of a wrecked cockpit, and even though the walker deactivated, the elevation is not right.

" I can't get a bead on them! "

Then CT-4077 steps back into the crew compartment, again, and gets himself totally out of sight.

Gunslinger continues to provide cover fire, firing into the droid squad before them and sending one down.

”Slugger, get outta there!!”

( 2 pistols/short/aim : 3eP+1eB+2eD 2 successes, 1 advantage

p-s-a.png p--.png p-s.png b-a-a.png d-th.png d-th.png 11 dmg (before soak, point blank x2 applied); pass a Boost to next PC).

Slugger unloads another volley into the last bit of standing droids, " SUCK LASER CLANKERS" Slugger would shout as Martha did her work and downed all of the remaining B1's. Once they were all downed Slugger drops down off the the top off the At-TE and slides next to Gunslinger. " What's the plan for that Tank. It's got us pinned even if all the infantry support is gone."

With the last of the droids hitting the ground in a twisted heap of metal, the squad is reunited, albeit under trying circumstances. There is a thunderous boom overhead as the droid tank fires with its main cannon. The shot tears through a portion of the AT-TE's roof and smashes into the wall of the pyramid behind the squad. Even with droid gunners it would not take long for the tank to tear the downed walker into pieces. They would have to do something quickly or they would end up like those droids.

Tank Combat Check : 2eA+1eB+2eD 0 successes, 1 advantage

a-a.png a-a.png b-s.png d-f.png d-th.png

Pressed against one of the ruined walls of the walker; rifle pressed to his chest, CT-2777 glances out of cover for a moment at the tank. Looking back at his brothers, he moves to a crouching stand. "I've got an idea, but I may need some help with it. I'm going to break for the tank, medic, you follow when I get there". Taking a deep breath, CT-2777 kicks up the dirt as he bursts into a frantic sprint, rushing out into the open straight for the ominous tank. The tank lowers its cannons to try and take out the clone, but he is moving too fast for it to track him, in a moment he has scrambled up the smooth metallic surface to the lower of the two hatches. Shouldering his rifle, the soldier struggles to keep purchase on the tank as he strains with all his might to lift the hatch open. There is a creak and clang, but it only shifts a fraction. Turning over his shoulder he shouts back to the others. "This'll take two of us, quickly!"

Inside of the huge pyramid, Brick can see the shadows of the droids outside of the room. They would be here in only a few seconds. The trooper could see the padawan near by, looking severely weakened by the ordeal. It is down to him to take the lead.

CT-2777 Athletics Check (Flipped Destiny Point) : 2eP+2eA+3eD+1eS 1 failure, 2 advantage

p-s-a.png p-s-a.png a-a.png a-a.png d-f-f.png d-th.png d-th.png s-f.png Fails to open hatch, advantage spent to pass boost to ally trying to help

As Brick begins to sprint along the narrow walkway he begins to slowly spiral down towards the ground floor. Akua on the other hand decides to take a more direct route. Lowering herself off of the ledge she lets herself drop into the darkness. For a moment it is like being suspended in space before she hits the ledge below. She repeats the act once, twice, again and again until she reaches the ground. Panting for breath she sprints across the room and presses her back to the wall by the door. Glancing back up at the clone trooper and waves to him frantically before glancing back out of the door.

Akua Athletics Check : 2eP+1eA+3eD+2eS 2 successes, 1 threat

p-s-a.png p-s-s.png a-s.png d-th.png d-th.png d-f.png s-f.png s--.png Disadvantage spend to suffer 1 strain.

Seeing an opening, Gunslinger takes the opportunity. “Cover me!” Racing toward the tank with all he has, he reaches it and immediately sets to work prising it open with his combat knife. Looks like the latching mechanism had already been damaged, and with a final grunt of effort, the sturdy blade levers the hatch upward.

”Grenade!!” he hollers as he drops the knife down into the tank, hoping to discombobulate the enemy, and maybe give the a Cyclones some direction...

( Prise open hatch w/ Destiny flip : 2eP+1eA+1eB+3eD 4 successes, 2 threat

p-s-s.png p-s-a.png a-s-s.png b--.png d-th.png d-th.png d-f-th.png Destiny flipped, 2 Strain suffered for 2nd Maneuver, hollering and dropping knife as incidentals; 2 Threat unresolved @Rabobankrider )

With a solid 'whumph' the tank lurches a little into the air before slamming onto the ground, it's hover mechanism shot to pieces by the explosion. The impact throws up a thick cloud of the sickly yellow dirt and sludge, and for a long while the clones on the tank are lost from view entirely. Eventually the dust clears, and the three clones atop the tank can be seen victorious. Using CT-4077 to support himself, the young jedi coughs deeply, clutching at the gut round. Keeping one hand pressed to the enviro-suit, he is relieved to see that the gunshot holes seem to have sealed.

With the battle over, Vos lets himself slump against the outside of the walkers hull. "Thanks for the assist there, trooper. You really save me back there, you all did". Coughing again he waits for the others to arrive back at the walker before continuing. "You're not part of the original security force, are you? We you sent here to investigate where we were? Look, I don't know a lot of what's going on, but I can tell you, this is real bad. Something in the structure can reanimate the dead, and control them. I think it's been here a long time, but now the separatists have control over it, whatever it is. We were attacked at the base, those gungans dragged most of us away. My, my master and fellow padawan, they were one of them. They're inside somewhere, I don't even know if they're alive".

" You know Gunslinger, I carry Grenades on me for every mission." He says slapping his Brother on the back, " You could have just asked for one when you charged off like that." Slugger says as he looks at the blown up AAT, admiring the wreckage " Oh and that makes 3!" He gives a hearty chuckle then turns back to the fortress they were trying to approach in their now destroyed AAT. " Well It's showtime, how do we get in there."