Arkham Nights 2017?

By Krysmo, in General Discussion

Forgive me if it's been posted in other areas (I know it's buried in a few threads on this forum) - but any news on AN2017? It seems past the due date for an announcement. With the focus on MoM2e and AH LCG, feels like they'd be the focal points for AN this year if it's coming...and here I am again wondering if we're wrapping up EH too:)

Lots of Star Wars, GoT and the yucky-looking RPG system based on FFG's dice (just get GURPS, really!).

58 minutes ago, Krysmo said:

Forgive me if it's been posted in other areas (I know it's buried in a few threads on this forum) - but any news on AN2017? It seems past the due date for an announcement. With the focus on MoM2e and AH LCG, feels like they'd be the focal points for AN this year if it's coming...and here I am again wondering if we're wrapping up EH too:)

Lots of Star Wars, GoT and the yucky-looking RPG system based on FFG's dice (just get GURPS, really!).

Someone posted in the thread in the Arkham Nights subforum that the dates are 10/13-14, but we're still waiting for the (now very late) official announcement. They're getting to the point where people are going to have trouble making travel plans if those really are the dates.

Edit: Tickets are on sale!

Edited by KBlumhardt

So tickets are on sale but there's still no official announcement. It puzzles me how some simple things are often delayed within FFG.

Edited by tsuma534
4 hours ago, tsuma534 said:

So tickets are on sale but there's still no official announcement. It puzzles me how some simple things are often delayed within FFG.

They did announce it on their Twitter account but yeah, it's strange how the website announcement has been delayed. It makes me wonder if there's some kind of issue locking down one or more of the items for the "swag bag"?

Edited by KBlumhardt

Or maybe it's a move to "phase out" arkham nights by only advertising to those who are looking for it?

1 hour ago, Krysmopompas said:

Or maybe it's a move to "phase out" arkham nights by only advertising to those who are looking for it?

Not sure how that would make any sense, considering its growing popularity (last year was the first year they've sold out, I believe, and they did so early )... and if you've ever been to one, you know they obviously fork in a ton of money in those 2 days.

Again, I'd wager that there's some part of the announcement they're having trouble getting approval for or securing a supply of. My wishful thinking is that one of our promos has something to do with a new unannounced as-of-yet new Arkham-related game or expansion.

Edited by KBlumhardt

Other than being more players, what's unique to the cycle of eternity rules? I can't find anything online that explains it except that it's a custom rule for the Arkham Nights...

1 hour ago, neosmagus said:

Other than being more players, what's unique to the cycle of eternity rules? I can't find anything online that explains it except that it's a custom rule for the Arkham Nights...

Not a lot. 16 players and a ton of fun and chaos. Turns are handled a bit differently (everyone plans out their action phase together and then executes simultaneously, then the encounter phase is done one-by-one) and they have a custom set-up for 16 players (8 gates, 1 surge, 8 clues, iirc?).

Hello I will comment on the 16 player Eldritch Horror game as I was present last year.

In addition to being an Eldritch Horror game the experience is enhanced by:

1. FFG reps reading out cards using a microphone. This was great as it added the atmosphere and kept everyone involved.

2. Extra large playing board (they printed out the mat on a large piece of paper) and all the premium painted figures instead of the cardboard standees

Honestly looking at this as "just a 16 player game" is down playing the fun and hilariousness that can only be experienced first hand.

This is a large game involving many other players who are interested in the Mythos universe while having good rules enforcement. How often can most of us say we get this sort of opportunity?

Edited by chico2323
1 hour ago, chico2323 said:

This is a large game involving many other players who are interested in the Mythos universe while having good rules enforcement. How often can most of us say we get this sort of opportunity?

Once a year. Hoping this will be three in a row for me and my friends (if we can get in to one of the games)! :)