PbP: Jedi Quest OOC

By awayputurwpn, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

I think you're gonna have to find a compromise somewhere. The previous GM had a different idea of a layout than I, and so I probably got some wires crossed somewhere. Without a floorplan, that's just gonna happen. My apologies for any confusion on my part.

@Mychal'el should have final say on who is where, of course. But in the future I might suggest a drawing or something :)

19 minutes ago, awayputurwpn said:

I think you're gonna have to find a compromise somewhere. The previous GM had a different idea of a layout than I, and so I probably got some wires crossed somewhere. Without a floorplan, that's just gonna happen. My apologies for any confusion on my part.

@Mychal'el should have final say on who is where, of course. But in the future I might suggest a drawing or something :)

You were actually spot on. When we first entered this base, the turbo lifts used were right by the entrance Korath came in through, so, yes, we were basically backtracking. Thus you nailed it. The west entrance leading to the platform the Jedi Star was parked is indeed were we should have come out at as you established.

Ah, so are you saying your ship flew from it's position where you originally parked it outside on a loading platform to the south hangar?

On 7/12/2017 at 0:49 PM, Tramp Graphics said:

"Excuse me. I seem to have taken a wrong turn. I have a shipment of grid squares* and lanyard oil* for Timira city. If you can tell me what landing pad I should go to, I'll be on my way."

On 7/12/2017 at 1:39 PM, Tramp Graphics said:

Korath lands the Jedi Star outside of the outpost's perimeter, and locks down the ship.

"Hacker, S2, keep an eye on things."

Korath waits, just outside the base perimeter, watching the entrance for any sign of activity.

Because the too places were never the same thing according to established IC thread continuity. I respect @awayputurwpn but I assumed his answer to you of "yes indeed!" was a ' teleport ' due to error of convenience.

If Hacker flew your ship via autopilot from the landing pad into the Hangar it may have resulted in a collision with evacuating troop transports. I can go back and edit my narrative if you wish.

Know that Mychal'el's fate is sealed however, and no GM time travel or teleportation will change that. The point of me taking over is to end this session so we can all part ways peacefully.

@Tramp Graphics ,

If it would make you happy I can go back and edit my posts so Hacker is tracking your location and both player ships come in the Hangar at about the same time. It won't take much effort.

I would like to know what Korath thinks about what's going on in the narrative though.

Edited by Mychal'el

Ok, I fixed it @Tramp Graphics so now we can all be happy.

Please reread everything that I posted since taking over.

It's not over yet.

20 hours ago, Tramp Graphics said:

You were actually spot on. When we first entered this base, the turbo lifts used were right by the entrance Korath came in through, so, yes, we were basically backtracking. Thus you nailed it. The west entrance leading to the platform the Jedi Star was parked is indeed were we should have come out at as you established.

@Tramp Graphics ,

A facility like this has multiple turbolifts leading in different directions. This one happened to lead inside a "Hangar" and not to a hallway leading to a "perimeter" "landing pad" out in the rain, that much is crystal clear. The other players made those descriptions, not me. We all know what the differences between those two things are, so arguing that they are the same just get our ship where we want it, is just silly and borderline insanity.

I've made a reasonable compromise that puts your ship where you wanted it and prevents any paradoxical plot holes. So this bickering is pointless.

I have a genuine gift for Korath coming up, so let's please focus on the positives shall we?

Edited by Mychal'el
On 12/15/2017 at 5:56 PM, Mychal'el said:

Ah, so are you saying your ship flew from it's position where you originally parked it outside on a loading platform to the south hangar?

Because the too places were never the same thing according to established IC thread continuity. I respect @awayputurwpn but I assumed his answer to you of "yes indeed!" was a ' teleport ' due to error of convenience.

If Hacker flew your ship via autopilot from the landing pad into the Hangar it may have resulted in a collision with evacuating troop transports. I can go back and edit my narrative if you wish.

Know that Mychal'el's fate is sealed however, and no GM time travel or teleportation will change that. The point of me taking over is to end this session so we can all part ways peacefully.

Not quite. Rather that the turbo lift we were taking lead right back to where we entered, which was a straight shot to where the Jedi Star was docked, Killerbeardhawk never established which “side” (north, south, east, west) of the base that was, simply that the landing pad was just outside the perimeter. Thus, as per @awayputurwpn , we would have come out where we came in which, in turn, leads directly to the Jedi Star upon exiting the building and running to the perimeter gate not that far from it.

13 hours ago, Mychal'el said:

@Tramp Graphics ,

A facility like this has multiple turbolifts leading in different directions. This one happened to lead inside a "Hangar" and not to a hallway leading to a "perimeter" "landing pad" out in the rain, that much is crystal clear. The other players made those descriptions, not me. We all know what the differences between those two things are, so arguing that they are the same just get our ship where we want it, is just silly and borderline insanity.

I've made a reasonable compromise that puts your ship where you wanted it and prevents any paradoxical plot holes. So this bickering is pointless.

I have a genuine gift for Korath coming up, so let's please focus on the positives shall we?

@awayputurwpn obviously didn't check through all the posts to see where you parked your ship. It would be silly to expect him to. He trusted the players to keep the continuity straight since we were there from the beginning.

Now if you knew you were originally parked outside in the rain , but upon learning that you're heading for a hangar , why would you even ask the GM if you're heading for your ship, unless you were trying to manipulate the GM into teleporting your ship into the hangar?

Either way, we can both be satisfied without creating a paradox. I rewrote it so your ship was in the hangar and without using teleportation.

Pride and stubbornness are weak, selfish qualities that take away peace and happiness and lead to a life that is meaningless and empty. Those who are humble, meek and yielding create peace and happiness and are worthy of admiration and respect. Sadly, many get that backwards.

I am happy to compromise and move on. Are you @Tramp Graphics ?

I just want to write a decent story without plot holes and reward your character so he can go on to his next adventure with a little something special. Thats all I want.

Edited by Mychal'el

How you guys doing. All of you surviving?

@Matt Skywalker ,

Yep doing great. The GM torch has been passed to me so we can end this session.

Your characters are currently in the unlocked prisoner compartments of Jarash's ship and he's taking you wherever you want to be dropped off (within reason). The base is sinking into the ocean but the rest of the city is still intact. There are private and commercial landing pads throughout the city.

Korath is on his own ship with the droid that your party met in the hangar.

When you were in the hangar the big bad guy shot some things at both of your ships and ran off to catch Mychal'el (the character).

First order transports and fighters have also escaped the base and seem to be ignoring your ships and the city for the moment.

Edited by Mychal'el
On 12/17/2017 at 1:41 AM, Mychal'el said:

@awayputurwpn obviously didn't check through all the posts to see where you parked your ship. It would be silly to expect him to. He trusted the players to keep the continuity straight since we were there from the beginning.

Now if you knew you were originally parked outside in the rain , but upon learning that you're heading for a hangar , why would you even ask the GM if you're heading for your ship, unless you were trying to manipulate the GM into teleporting your ship into the hangar?

Either way, we can both be satisfied without creating a paradox. I rewrote it so your ship was in the hangar and without using teleportation.

Pride and stubbornness are weak, selfish qualities that take away peace and happiness and lead to a life that is meaningless and empty. Those who are humble, meek and yielding create peace and happiness and are worthy of admiration and respect. Sadly, many get that backwards.

I am happy to compromise and move on. Are you @Tramp Graphics ?

I just want to write a decent story without plot holes and reward your character so he can go on to his next adventure with a little something special. Thats all I want.

No problems there. The changes you made to your posts work fine. so we're all good there.

I was just trying to make sure that there are no continuity errors . Remember, the place where Korath parked was a main freighter dock for the city proper (which the outpost is directly attached to, according to @killerbeardhawk 's original posts), so there was a hangar there. It just wasn't the outpost's fighter hangar though. That's probably where your confusion came in. Originally, when I met up with the others on the lift, I originally assumed we were going to be ending up back to where I had just come from(back where I had taken on the big bad guy). Then I realized we might be heading back to my ship, so I asked @awayputurwpn about that, and he confirmed that yes, we were headed back to the Jedi Star . That meant we were either headed back directly to the same entrance we all originally came in from, or traveled underneath that, and came up directly at the city freighter docks where the Jedi Star was parked. The problem with your original posts was having us coming up inside of the outpost's fighter hangar , rather than the city's freighter docks, or back where everyone originally entered, which lead outside and back to the city's docks, which is what contradicted what had been previously established. Your edited posts fixed that, so no problems.

6 hours ago, Tramp Graphics said:

No problems there. The changes you made to your posts work fine. so we're all good there.

Ok great! So what is Korath doing, thinking, and feeling now? I look forward to your next IC post.

Edited by Mychal'el

@Tramp Graphics ,

The droid is asking Korath something. You're up.

@Tramp Graphics

I hope it's ok that I spoke for Hacker when he was translating for R7-D7. It was purely for practicality. I tried to emulate the way you portrayed him in your opening scene.

Edited by Mychal'el
9 hours ago, Tramp Graphics said:

"S3, get that tracker off the hull.

Do you actually want to send your droid out onto the ship's hull in atmosphere? That's a great way to lose a droid.

Edited by Mychal'el

@Tramp Graphics

You can commit Force dice to the Enhance power as an action next round, or make an Astrogation check, your choice. But no Force dice have been committed as of now since your action was used to perform Full Throttle .

For 5 Advantage, you can either impose three Setback dice to the enemy fighters' next attack action with your surprising burst of speed , or else give yourself just enough room to get to a safe distance and then jump to lightspeed before even more TIEs show up.

Edited by Mychal'el
3 hours ago, Mychal'el said:

@Tramp Graphics

You can commit Force dice to the Enhance power as an action next round, or make an Astrogation check, your choice. But no Force dice have been committed as of now since your action was used to perform Full Throttle .

For 5 Advantage, you can either impose three Setback dice to the enemy fighters' next attack action with your surprising burst of speed , or else give yourself just enough room to get to a safe distance and then jump to lightspeed before even more TIEs show up.

Tramp has also has the improved and I think supreme full throttle talents (that's what he meant by full upgraded) one of them let's him use the basic full throttle talent as a maneuver. That leaves his action from the same round as the full throttle maneuver to be spent on committing enhance.

Improved Full Throttle is active, not passive. It's a different Difficulty pool and costs strain.

5 hours ago, EliasWindrider said:

Tramp has

2 hours ago, awayputurwpn said:

Improved Full Throttle

Oh hey guys, so nice of you to drop by!

Edited by Mychal'el

@Tramp Graphics ,

Dice are rolled (fantastically btw!), so if you want to spend the 1 strain to convert your action into a maneuver, you can perform the other action you wanted.

Edited by Mychal'el

@Tramp Graphics ,

I will post the main narrative. And please narrate your actions from your character's perspective.

On 1/3/2018 at 5:49 AM, Mychal'el said:

@Tramp Graphics

With the Improved Full Throttle talent, I can use Full Throttle as a maneuver. Korath does have all three of the Full Throttle talents.

As for the droid, R2 units have magnetic systems in their feet to keep them secure, even in atmosphere. We see Chopper do the same thing in Rebels quite often.

Edited by Tramp Graphics
4 hours ago, Tramp Graphics said:

With the Improved Full Throttle talent, I can use Full Throttle as a maneuver. Korath does have all three of the Full Throttle talents.

As for the droid, R2 units have magnetic systems in their feet to keep them secure, even in atmosphere. We see Chopper do the same thing in Rebels quite often.

I feel like you're not sufficiently respecting the GM by "dismissing" an environmental hazard the GM has ruled as a big deal, and that's the primary problem regardless of my next question, which is largely rhetorical. I haven't seen the show but can you definitively say that chopper was hanging off the bottom of the ghost WHILE THE GHOST WAS TRAVELING AT SPEED 5 IN ATMOSPHERE? The reason it's largely rhetorical is because I'm pretty sure that "speed 5" is a game mechanical abstraction not an in universe measure of speed.

EDIT: Every GM deserves a certain amount of deference and respect until they DEMONSTRATE to you that they don't. If a GM makes a RULES mistake, it is socially acceptable to POLITELY point that out tof them. When a GM makes a NARRATIVE decision (and yes I know you have difficulty distinguishing "narrative" vs. "rules" so I will tip you off that this case your challenge was narrative not rules; how you can identify which is which is whether you cite a rule book vs. "on screen"/"in novel"/etc. for your rebuttal) it is VERY bad form to challenge it. If you have a serious problem with the story they're telling for you, you are free to drop our of the game, otherwise you give them the benefit of the doubt and play along at least until they abuse your trust. You should be extremely grateful to Mychal'el for assuming GMing duties for what would otherwise be a completely dead game, not b!tch!ng about the story he's trying to tell.

Edited by EliasWindrider
7 hours ago, Tramp Graphics said:

Korath takes the ship around to the opposite side of the planet before pulling up out of the atmosphere, making sure to keep the planet between himself and the enemy.

Hubris.

On 1/3/2018 at 2:25 AM, Mychal'el said:

In atmosphere the Jedi Star does not have enough fuel to outrun a First Order Destroyer at sublight speed for more than a few hours (Galactic Standard Time). Moving out of orbit at sublight speed now will mean moving back into range of the Destroyer.

I tried to give a hint/warning here.