PbP: Jedi Quest OOC

By awayputurwpn, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

I'm dropping here as well.

On 12/7/2017 at 4:35 PM, Rakaydos said:

I really didn't want this to be a waste for our characters. I can still write an outro that gives closure to this session so it's not like it didn't really happen. ...if you guys want?

Not that hard... tovera and Jarash fly off in jarash's ship, never to be seen again.

On 12/8/2017 at 10:16 PM, Rakaydos said:

Not that hard... tovera and Jarash fly off in jarash's ship, never to be seen again.

So they just showed up to some place to murder a guy and take his head as proof? How many credits would a bounty have to be for them to risk their lives storming a first order base? And who would pay that much to just kill a guy and not care about capturing him alive for the intel in his mind?

On 12/8/2017 at 10:16 PM, Rakaydos said:

Not that hard...

On 12/2/2017 at 11:45 PM, Mychal'el said:

I believe this story is definitely salvageable. The differences in play styles and expectations, however, may be irreconcilable

I can leave you guys with a satisfying end

I don't think it's that hard to write a good story.

But apathy does kill creativity.

Edited by Mychal'el

@Tramp Graphics @awayputurwpn @Rakaydos @Matt Skywalker

I have a few ideas to button up this whole session so that everyone can go their separate ways, not empty handed. I can't just leave the story without a proper ending that explains that we didn't all show up at the same spot randomly, fight alongside each other just to say, "Big-Gulps huh? Well, see ya later!" and then everyone disappears just because.

Edited by Mychal'el

Either way, we still need to hear from @Matt Skywalker , and then get XP, Conflict, and such taken care of.

I think I'm dropping too. This was doomed from the start.

On 12/7/2017 at 4:35 PM, Rakaydos said:

2 hours ago, Matt Skywalker said:

I think I'm dropping too.

I'd like this episode to end properly so at least those who care to, are able salvage this narrative and move on with their character to the next episode.

18 hours ago, Mychal'el said:

I'd like this episode to end properly so at least those who care to, are able salvage this narrative and move on with their character to the next episode.

Agreed, @Matt Skywalker , @Rakados , @awayputurwpn , we should at least get off planet and dole out XP and resolve any Conflict, (and the corrupted crystal) before we close up this session.

My input is this, then:

As you step off the turbolift and make for the exit, the exterior door opens and the corrupted lightsaber leaps from Korath's belt.

In from the outside door steps the dark-robed figure, drenched in rainwater, to cut you off. The lightsaber returns to his hand already ignited, cutting searing swaths in front of him.

"We are not finished, little Jedi," the figure rasps. His cybernetic enhancements are now obvious; the clank of a metal foot against the flooring combining with the whirr of servomotors to complement his eerie aura.

Feel free to take it and run with it. He has a FR of 6, Adversary 3, maxed out Suppress, Move, & Unleash powers, and lots of cool personal upgrades (cybernetics, etc). Brawn 6, Willpower 5, Discipline 5, Lightsaber 5. Soak is 11 (cortosis). He's a beast.

Like I said, I'd recommend not fighting him but rather introducing a narrative element, such as a character sacrifice, that allows you to get past him. But this is your story. So do what you will with it. If you like you can just ignore it and do something else.

10 hours ago, awayputurwpn said:

Like I said, I'd recommend not fighting him but rather introducing a narrative element, such as a character sacrifice, that allows you to get past him. But this is your story. So do what you will with it. If you like you can just ignore it and do something else.

I posted something in the IC thread

My intention is to distract the baddy long enough for you guys to get away with my droid, which is storing data I just stole from the base archives.

I was still playing in private messages with @awayputurwpn

Once you have my character's droid 'Sevendee-Seven' on the ship I'd like to reveal what's in the data if the GM allows it.

Edited by Mychal'el

@Mychal'el , check the IC thread.

BTW, I would recommend that Mychal'el take over the GM duties. He's very active and has a good feel for the story.

Unless @Tramp Graphics objects, I accept @awayputurwpn 's proposal.

Since @Rakaydos & @Matt Skywalker want out of the game, their characters will be considered as temporary (uncommunicative) companions of Korath, however their players are more than welcome to take control at any time. This is merely to keep the narrative moving.

Currently the party is in the South hangar where Jarash's ship is on it's way . Korath's ship is on an external supply-loading platform on the West side of the base. The base is circular and there is a outside walkway on this level that goes around the perimeter. The causeway (edit:bridge) leading to Timira City is on the East side of the base. All other character transports are on privately leased external platforms within the city.

The structural integrity of the base has been compromised by a security mech equipped with explosives that fell into a hydro turbine array at the seafloor level.

I will post what happens next in IC thread momentarily.

Edited by Mychal'el
16 hours ago, awayputurwpn said:

BTW, I would recommend that Mychal'el take over the GM duties. He's very active and has a good feel for the story.

11 hours ago, Mychal'el said:

Unless @Tramp Graphics objects, I accept @awayputurwpn 's proposal.

Since @Rakaydos & @Matt Skywalker want out of the game, their characters will be considered as temporary (uncommunicative) companions of Korath, however their players are more than welcome to take control at any time. This is merely to keep the narrative moving.

Currently the party is in the South hangar where Jarash's ship is on it's way . Korath's ship is on an external supply-loading platform on the West side of the base. The base is circular and there is a outside walkway on this level that goes around the perimeter. The causeway leading to Timira City is on the East side of the base. All other character transports are on privately leased external platforms within the city.

The structural integrity of the base has been compromised by a security mech equipped with explosives that fell into a hydro turbine array at the seafloor level.

I will post what happens next in IC thread momentarily.

Works for me.

@Rakaydos @Matt Skywalker @Tramp Graphics

Check the IC thread. Describe what your characters do next.

P.S. I used two dark DPs.

Edited by Mychal'el

@Mychal'el , Done.

Edited by Tramp Graphics

On 12/13/2017 at 11:25 PM, Mychal'el said:

Currently the party is in the South hangar where Jarash's ship is on it's way . Korath's ship is on an external supply-loading platform on the West side of the base.

The causeway leading to Timira City is on the East side of the base. All other character transports are on privately leased external platforms within the city.

On the East side of the base there is a causeway (edit: bridge) that's too narrow to land anything bigger than a small fighter. There are private landing pads within the city but they are too far foot distance from the base to get back before the base sinks.

Edited by Mychal'el
9 minutes ago, Mychal'el said:

On the East side of the base there is a causeway that's too narrow to land anything bigger than a small fighter. There are private landing pads within the city but they are too far foot distance from the base to get back before the base sinks.

Read my latest IC post

16 minutes ago, Tramp Graphics said:

We get to the Jedi Star, and take off, flying towards the east platforms, and on an intercept course with the Mandalorian and pursuing Dark Sider.

Your fastest way to get to the Jedi Star (which was where you parked it, outside in the rain, on the West loading platforms) is to get in Jarash's ship and fly out of the South hangar (where you are currently inside, and the doors are closing) and fly over to the Jedi Star.

Edited by Mychal'el
1 minute ago, Mychal'el said:

Your fastest way to get to the Jedi Star (which was where you parked it, outside in the rain, on the West loading platforms) is to get in Jarash's ship and fly out of the South hangar (where you are currently inside, and the doors are closing) and fly over to the Jedi Star.

Yeah, I just wrote it as a "cut scene". How he got there was really not as important.

5 hours ago, Tramp Graphics said:

Yeah, I just wrote it as a "cut scene". How he got there was really not as important.

Maybe it is important. I gave the highlights in the IC thread.

The other PCs are in another ship probably heading to drop Matt's PCs off at their transport. Mychal'el PC is gone.

The astromech asking a question. Is Korath able to communicate with it somehow?

@Tramp Graphics ,

Feel free to recount Korath's reactions.

Korath is currently in the Jedi Star hovering over the causeway.

Edit: I'm changing 'Causeway' to 'Bridge' as causeway is an inaccurate usage. I apologize for any confusion.

Edited by Mychal'el

Hey, @Mychal'el

I hate to bring this up, but you did create a continuity error when you took over. @awayputurwpn had already established that we here heading to the dock where the Jedi Star was parked, not a quarter of the way around the base. to quote:

On 11/15/2017 at 4:48 PM, Tramp Graphics said:

Hey @awayputurwpn , Are we headed to the same docking bay the Jedi Star is docked?

His answer:

On 11/15/2017 at 4:57 PM, awayputurwpn said:

Yes indeed!

While Destiny points can add information to a scene, they can't teleport you to a completely different location.

On 11/14/2017 at 9:54 PM, Rakaydos said:

Jarash pulled out a commlink. "Siri, I need a pickup at the south hangar."

"Good to hear from you again, Captian. Give me a minute or so, my update process is almost complete. Please hold..."

Jarash growled, then turned to the others. "My ship will be around in about five minutes, give or take. Anyone need a ride off this planet?"

On 11/15/2017 at 5:10 PM, Tramp Graphics said:

My ship, the Jedi Star, is already there. Is this the entire group or were there any others with you?