Force Fugitives IC

By killerbeardhawk, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

Kilimar is less than moved by the Imperial's attempt to blame him for another's plight, seeing as the Empire took him captive for doing nothing but being alive. He lets a lip curl up at the guard's words about the Empire coming for his family. "They already came for my family, and killed them where they stood. I watched them cut them down with my own eyes!" His anxiety finally turning into anger. "They piled their bodies like kindling and set them ablaze without a care in the world!" Snarling now. "So don't try and pass your Empire's atrocities off on me as guilt for the horrors that YOUR organization has perpetuated!" He begins to pace back and forth. "Hopefully your dear Alrea is innocent in this, but as we both know, your Empire doesn't care about that regardless." Shaking visibly with rage at this guard's words, he finally turns his back on him entirely. He goes and punches a bulkhead a few times, trying to get his emotions under control.

A loud electronic squeal of excitement echoed from the watch tower. Ryz looked up and began making her way up the stairs, "Raker has found something very exciting. Come follow all." She looks down at Asa from the stairs, "If you are to do it, bring him up here and we shall make haste out of this wretched place."

Asa complied, hoisting the guard by his restraints and following.

Reesh would sigh, going to follow the others, stick slung over his shoulder. 'This Gand hopes that exciting thing will help leave this place' he'd grumble as he stomps up the steps. 'So far this Gand may as well still be in that cell, no closer to escaping'. Perhaps it was the depressing appearance of the room, or their situation, but it was weighing on Reesh's temper heavily. He rarely spent much time in such urban or artificial environments, and it did not suit him at all.

The group of prisoners and their former captor assembled inside the watch tower. Ryz and Raker were standing by the computer terminal and Raker had a large hologram image of a ship projecting into the air. The ship was a freighter, tall and narrow with maneuvering fins on its rear.

Ryz began to address the group, "Raker checked the manifest and found a most interesting development. That there is a YV-666, The Hound's Tooth. It belongs to the Trandoshan bounty hunter, Bossk. He was the one to leave me for the Imperials. Bossk had turned off the primary hyperdrive and left inside of his Z-95, called the Nashtah Pup. Raker almost had the backup hyperdrive functional, but we were trapped inside of this Star Destroyer's tractor array. Fortunately, Raker has the launch codes for the Hound's Tooth and it's our best chance to make it out of here."

Raker switched what it was displaying to the Star Destroyer they all were on and illuminated a location near the rear of the ship with a yellow dot. Ryz translated what the little droid said in Binary, "This is where we are at." Ryz pointed to the yellow dot. "Raker believes that it has found a way through the access tunnels and maintenance elevators that will allow you all to make it to the hangar control room with minimal Imperial interference." The yellow dot extended through the hologram, zigzagging until it reached the hangar.

Another line was shown, this time taking a different direction before meeting up at the same location. "This is my route. I will need to shut off the tractor beam array, with it on we will not get very far away from the Star Destroyer. Alone, I can hide better then meet back up with you. I found these commlinks inside that storage room for anyone who doesn't have one. I will radio in with the tractor beam is off line." Ryz sets five commlinks on the terminal beside her.

Ryz began again to translate for Raker, "Raker expects you should arrives just prior to the Star Destroyer existing hyperspace. It is at that time the safety overrides will be lifted and you can open the blast doors that protect the hangar, allowing the Hound's Tooth to exit."

Ryz turned to Asa, a look of dread in her eyes, "I believe the time has come to honor this man's wishes. Once it is done we must make haste, though I would recommend giving that supply room a once over, there were still some useful gear in there."

@awayputurwpn (feel free to ad-lib McTanen's last words/password)

(Anyone can use a destiny point to get one item most likely found inside that supply closet. No thermal detonators, heavy auto blasters, etc.)

"The password override is exo-two-lothcat-nine-four-besh ," said McTanen, his face full of despair as he sank to his knees. Asa held his restraints so that he wouldn't stumble.

"Please tell my wife and daughter that I love them," he pleaded with Asa and Ryz. "And that I did my best to do right by them."

Asa's sword was swift and silent. The head and body of the Imperial officer fell to the floor, obscured from the others by Ryz and Asa's silhouettes. Asa tucked the datapad into his tunic and took a deep breath before turning to address the group. "We should return his belongings to his family, and tell them to be ready to run. I still cannot believe how corrupt this galactic Empire is, that they would kidnap people like us and kill a man and his family for a failure that was obviously out of his control."

The shistivastan stared intently at the route hologram, nodded, and turned to the door, ready to lead the way.

Reesh would sigh as the watches the human die, shaking his head once more. This whole situation was most distasteful. He'd never understood honour killings and such. If the human had wanted to live he could have made an escape with these convicts. It ma have even made their escape and going to ground even easier.

Reesh would move to the supply cabinet, and after a few minutes of carless rummaging, he would produce a small translator collar with an excited skittering noise. He would return to the group, strapping the collar around his neck as he goes. 'Perhaps now you can understand this Gand' he would say, now in basic. Through te collar his voice was tinny and still resembled the sound of an insect, but at least his words could be understood now.

As Asa talks Reesh would practically snort in the Gand equivalent of laughter. 'Stupid human can go find other humans family after escape, but this Gand will nod. The imperials will probably be watching guards family if they have any sense. This Gand does not want to be caught again, and thinks going into hiding is the best idea. Not doing stupid things like what dead guard wants us to do'. He would look down at the guard, tapping the headless body with his boot. 'This human was the enemy, now he is dead enemy. Should not forget he was happy that prisoners were going to die'.

Edited by Rabobankrider

"By the way, does anyone have anything for these scratches?" Asa said, indicating his throbbing neck from where the shistavanen had clawed him earlier.

Strain recovery (Discipline) : 1eP+1eA 2 successes
p-s.png a-s.png

The thud of the head hitting the deck rouses Valem from his perusal of the supply locker, bringing home the gravity of their situation- and the consequences awaiting failure. The Pau-an reaches in and grabs a white utility belt, and hastily fastens it about his waist. Sure to be something useful...

Finding the universal first aid symbol on one of the belt pouches, he begins administering care to Asa's neck..

MedicineResults 3eA+2eD : 0 successes, 2 advantage [3eA=A, S/S, A/A] [2eD=Th, F/F]
a-a.png a-s-s.png a-a-a.png d-th.png d-f-f.png

..hoping to alleviate at least some of his discomfort.

The newly released prisoners would leave the holding cell block, none of them looking back on the nastiness that happened inside of those duracrete walls. Ryz would say a long goodbye to Raker, telling him to stay out of site. Ryz would depart alone, off to solve the problem of the tractor beam array so the Hounds Tooth could leave.

The others would follow Raker through a series of mantaince tunnels and elevators. The little droid had a great route and the group never had any contact with the patrolling stormtroopers. Exiting out into a hallway the droid would point with it's little arm around the corner, excitedly.

The group peeked around the corner and saw two Imperials, dressed in communications officer's tunics, approach two stormtroopers guarding the door to the hangar control room. The officer's would show their code cylinders and after inspection, they were allowed inside the room. The two stormtroopers returned to guard the door blaster rifles in hand.

(1 minion group of stormtroopers at medium range, unaware of groups presence)

Edited by killerbeardhawk

Asa ducks back around the corner and speaks to his new friends. "We have a shot at this. I could be a distraction and get one of them to chase me, and you could take the other one out quickly and quietly."

Valem gives a slight bow, giving his brilliantly colored robes a flourish as he does. "If you will allow me.. Serving as a distraction is, perhaps, the most useful contribution I can make at the moment?"

Asa considers this for a moment, and then nods. "That would maybe be a good idea."

Reesh would peer around the corner for a moment before looking up at the others. 'Men in white more likely to shoot distraction where it stands' he'd say in a low voice to avoid detection. 'If distraction needed, shouldn't be living thing. Perhaps a noise for them to follow? Get them close, beat them to floor. He'd go to produce the pistol that had belonged to the deceased guard. Pistol does not beat rifle, but sticks and fists can beat skulls'. He would also squint up at the Pau'an, waving the pistol in his direction. 'This Gand still does not trust the tall one either'.

The tall one looks at the Gand, then back to Asa. "Perhaps I could be entrusted to round the corner, take a couple steps, then trip and fall on my face? This would serve to distract, and also safely remove me from the line of fire."

The shistivastan snarls impatiently, and starts moving (slowly at first), edging toward the stormtrooers, trying to stay in the buckethead's nonexistant periperal vision, and without hard shoes much quieter than many could manage on the metal deck.

"Looks like our feral friend already has a plan," says Asa, quietly. He draws his bow and nocks an arrow, ready to put an arrow in the stormtrooper furthest from the shistavanen.

Reesh would be taken aback by the Shistavanen attempting to sneak up on the troopers. He would give the pistol in his hand a waggle, shaking his head. 'Human must be confused about what plan is' he would grumble. 'The furry one must have lost his mind. Guards will see, guards will shoot. More space on ship though'. He would keep his stick held in his free hand, just in case things get up close.

Compound bow, closest trooper, short range : 1eP+3eA+1eD 0 successes, 2 advantage
p-s-a.png a--.png a--.png a-a-a.png d-f-th.png

Asa moves closer before unleashing an arrow at the stormtrooper, but the shot misses! Before the troopers have time to react, Asa quickly ducks behind cover.

// Used 2 Advantage to take a maneuver and duck behind cover. //

Reesh's gaze would snap up to look at Asa, hissing at him. 'Stupid human, no point hiding now! Guards won't just forget arrow nearly hit! Need to fight proper now, and fast!' With that he would move to sprint around the corner, stick in hand as he goes to follow the Shistavenan. He would charge towards the trooper that his fellow inmate had not attacked, ready to strike.

At the last moment as he charges he would drop to one knee, sliding across the floor as he swing his stick with all his might at the troopers knees. It would connect with a loud crunch and a cry from the guard as he drops to the floor. Reesh would follow this with a second strike the to chin of the stormtroopers helmet. A crack could be heard as the mans head twists to an odd angle, clearly broken. The body would fall limp without a sound as Reesh scrambles to his feet.

Glancing up at the Shistavenan as he makes his attack, the Gand would go to rummage over the corpse in search of anything to help escape, or to keep for himself.

Combat Check : 2eA+1eP+2eD 2 failures, 1 Triumph
a--.png a-a.png p-tr.png d-f-th.png d-f-f.png

Activating a critical hit using the triumph to kill 1 minion.

Edited by Rabobankrider

brawl+ebb (strain loss for engaged) : 1eA+2eP+1eF+2eD 2 successes, 1 advantage, 1 Dark Side
a-s-a.png p-s.png p-a-a.png f-ds.png d-th.png d-th.png

5 wounds, 1 strain to all engaged, and the remaining stormtrooper gets a black to his next attack

Moving from the disamed trooper to the other, the unnamed shistivastan slashed at the stormtrooper armor, but in his weekened state it appeared to be mostly ineffective. his sheer fury, though, drove the stormtrooper back on the defensive.

Valem Sabir is afraid. But he knows if they don't escape before Vader arrives..

The Pau'an bares his sharp teeth, face twisting into a feral snarl, and charges the guards. Already quite terrified by the Shistivastan's ferocious attack, the remaining trooper is taken aback, indeed struck with horror..

Description "Influence" stormtrooper from engaged
Results 1eF : 2 Light Side [1eF=LS/LS]
f-ls-ls.png

(Valem maneuvers to Short, suffers 2 Strain to further maneuver to Engage; Influence inflicts 4 Strain to the remaining guard)

The stormtrooper goes limp at the presence of Valem. He falls to the ground unconscious next to to the other trooper taken out by Reesh. The group pauses for a moment to hear of the surprise attack alerted any other nearby. They breathe a sign of relief as all is quiet in the hallway outside the hangar control room.

Raker cautiously approached the two stormtroopers on the ground. Processing that they were taken out, the little droid shocks the lifeless body with his little utility arm. It then points to the door, beeping and whistling quietly.

Reesh would ignore the droid. He instead would go to pick up the dead troopers rifle, comparing it to the blaster pistol with his other hand. After a moment he would let it drop to the floor. 'Too heavy' he would grumble to himself as he clambers to his feet. He would look up at the shistavanen. 'Next time wait before attacking. This Gand does not want to die because prisoner is impatient'. He'd finally pay attention to the droid after this, poking at it with his stick. 'Who speaks droid?'