SHOW YOUR DREAM , SAY YOUR DISAPPOINT

By phorcys12, in Star Wars: Legion

Yes, I have been disappointed, like many of you, to see that the legion is only a small battalion, to see that we will never see below the $ 100 an AT-AT and that even The tanks and other sandcrawlers risk exceeding the budget ... I was expecting an announcement of a scale close to the troops of "Rebellion", to have in the base box 2 squadrons of 20 snowtroopers and rebels of Hoth, 2 shield, 2 Imperial lightweight walkers and a snow speeder.
Obviously, a gaming scale where the biggest land vehicle does not cost more than 40-50 euros and where one could make a Legion of the most correct for (25 dollars a group of 20 soldiers, for 3 light walkers And for a heavy vehicle, or packs of characters) 250 dollars without the core box has roughly for 100 soldiers, 6 small and 2 heavy vehicles. Yes, It's not the ultimate in profitability, but it's affordable. You want to make a good army of rebels, Without counting that the regular exits will be atractive ?? Take out the monney for the LEGION game .

I admit, after theth, this game does not seem bad, but lying title and expectations have given me out . However, without boycotting the game no longer, I think we need to express what we want However, without boycotting the game no longer, I think we must express what we want, let's put a stress to FFG so that in a year or two, the game of our dreams will be announced. With an average of 1 game star wars annually, I guess that play on the scales to get out of the new games and game development background star wars FFG and that Legion is just replacing Imperial Assault, but maybe FFG will hear our Complaints if they are numerous, and without going so far as to change the game from top to bottom, develop a new one that will meet our expectations.

I was expecting Star Warhammers 40K.

I got Star Warhammers 40K.

I am not disappoint.

17 minutes ago, phorcys12 said:

Yes, I have been disappointed, like many of you, to see that the legion is only a small battalion, to see that we will never see below the $ 100 an AT-AT and that even The tanks and other sandcrawlers risk exceeding the budget ... I was expecting an announcement of a scale close to the troops of "Rebellion", to have in the base box 2 squadrons of 20 snowtroopers and rebels of Hoth, 2 shield, 2 Imperial lightweight walkers and a snow speeder.
Obviously, a gaming scale where the biggest land vehicle does not cost more than 40-50 euros and where one could make a Legion of the most correct for (25 dollars a group of 20 soldiers, for 3 light walkers And for a heavy vehicle, or packs of characters) 250 dollars without the core box has roughly for 100 soldiers, 6 small and 2 heavy vehicles. Yes, It's not the ultimate in profitability, but it's affordable. You want to make a good army of rebels, Without counting that the regular exits will be atractive ?? Take out the monney for the LEGION game .

I admit, after theth, this game does not seem bad, but lying title and expectations have given me out . However, without boycotting the game no longer, I think we need to express what we want However, without boycotting the game no longer, I think we must express what we want, let's put a stress to FFG so that in a year or two, the game of our dreams will be announced. With an average of 1 game star wars annually, I guess that play on the scales to get out of the new games and game development background star wars FFG and that Legion is just replacing Imperial Assault, but maybe FFG will hear our Complaints if they are numerous, and without going so far as to change the game from top to bottom, develop a new one that will meet our expectations.

Disagree on your price projections

8 minutes ago, skotothalamos said:

I am not disappoint.

Ditto.

"lying title"

oh boy

No disappointment here. EXTREMELY PUMPED!

1 hour ago, skotothalamos said:

I am not disappoint.

No, you didn't get Star Warhammers 40k, shudder. Until proof of the opposite I am expecting tactical depth and adequate point costs.

This is the game of my dreams. This is the exact game I was hoping ffg would make ever since I fell in love with X wing back in 2013. I couldn't be happier.

I'm pretty happy about this. The core looks like it will come with 1 AT-RT, 2 bikes, 2 hero units, and 14-ish infantry per side. That's a nice box for $90USD. The minis scale is a bit big to expect an AT-AT to be the same scale and maintain general affordability, but how many could one reasonably expect to field?

I hope we get a sandcrawler... and jawas...and sandpeople...and other aliens....

I want AT-ATs! I really wanted them in X-Wing scale, with playability as an X-Wing ground game.

Bottom line, there are two games I want to play - the Battle of Hoth (and sure Scarif too) and Star Wars Battlefront the board and/or the mini game. Yes I am talking about the EA game featuring Walker Assault mode -- So you have a bunch of infantry/vehicles fighting over communication nodes in order to call in bombing on the invincible AT-ATs as they plod toward the objective. Once a com node is successfully held by the Rebels, the AT-ATs are ion bombed which opens them up to take damage. Now, the Imps must defend the Walkers while the Rebels must concentrate fire on the Walkers in order to bring them down for the limited time they are vulnerable. Now that's a fun cool game I want to play and it gives us SW Battlefront the Board/mini game.

For Hoth, different set of rules, AT-ATs Vs snowspeeders. AT-ATs plod and speeders zip all over the place. Someone posted a great idea that you have the speeders move then shoot and move again. This can be advantageous, but can also make them overshoot into the Walker's firing arcs. Add in the infantry, turrets, and vehicles and you have a fantastic game.

Come on FFG, WE WANT AT-ATs!

2 minutes ago, tedshinn said:

and Star Wars Battlefront the board and/or the mini game. Yes I am talking about the EA game featuring Walker Assault mode -

Your lust for AT-ATs is taking you down a dark path.

35 minutes ago, Rumar said:

No, you didn't get Star Warhammers 40k, shudder. Until proof of the opposite I am expecting tactical depth and adequate point costs.

I mean, yeah. The simple fact of alternating activations makes this so much more interesting than 40K's "check watch... ah, the game's been going for half an hour, half my guys are dead. Can't wait til I get a turn..."

1 hour ago, skotothalamos said:

I am not disappoint.

Seconded. The miniature scale allows me to use my existing terrain collection. The conflict scale - reinforced platoon size - allows me to not go insane painting all that white on all those stormtroopers. Painting Imperial Assault was a stretch already.

40k was most fun for me at the beginning of 3rd edition, which was 40-50 models and a vehicle or two per side, Legion seems like it will be just that.

Edited by player1750031

I was hoping the game would be more like Epic 40k than normal 40k. Then we could have our imperial armor battalions and speeder flights. More At-at the game instead of stormtroopers the game. *Shrug*

What legion is giving us is already possible in imperial assault. I wanted something different.

I really hope this becomes a thing. Because I would love to have the minis line, it would look so great in a display case. And unlike regular models, I can play a game with them too! Super exited!

3 hours ago, skotothalamos said:

I am not disappoint.

My sentiments exactly!

7 minutes ago, Norsehound said:

I was hoping the game would be more like Epic 40k than normal 40k. Then we could have our imperial armor battalions and speeder flights. More At-at the game instead of stormtroopers the game. *Shrug*

What legion is giving us is already possible in imperial assault. I wanted something different.

I don't even know how to respond to these anymore. One is a board game... The other is a minis table top game. You don't even know what this game is capable of yet all you have seen are a demo and the contents of the starter. I would put money down that this game will achieve a much grander scale that IA

So you think I can fit three At-ats, several at-sts, and a battalion of troopers as my list in this kind of game?

Or will it be stormtroopers, Vader, and one at-st like what we have in IA now?

6 minutes ago, Norsehound said:

So you think I can fit three At-ats, several at-sts, and a battalion of troopers as my list in this kind of game?

Or will it be stormtroopers, Vader, and one at-st like what we have in IA now?

If it scales like 40K does for points per side I would imagine that once AT-ATs come out that you would generally field 1, maybe 2, in your army. But if you went up to the epic clash that is Armageddon, you might be fielding 3 or more of them. But for that you'd need a large table. 40K usually plays in a 4'×6' board where Armageddon plays on boards that can basically be a dinning room floor.

I would imagine that this game out of box might play on a field the same size as Armada. But as more minis come out that size will grow.

45 minutes ago, Norsehound said:

Then we could have our imperial armor battalions and speeder flights.

And what would there be fighting? Some kind of massive Rebel army? A Rebel armoured division? A battalion of Bothans with an Ewok artillery company?

2 hours ago, tedshinn said:

I want AT-ATs! I really wanted them in X-Wing scale, with playability as an X-Wing ground game.

Bottom line, there are two games I want to play - the Battle of Hoth (and sure Scarif too) and Star Wars Battlefront the board and/or the mini game. Yes I am talking about the EA game featuring Walker Assault mode -- So you have a bunch of infantry/vehicles fighting over communication nodes in order to call in bombing on the invincible AT-ATs as they plod toward the objective. Once a com node is successfully held by the Rebels, the AT-ATs are ion bombed which opens them up to take damage. Now, the Imps must defend the Walkers while the Rebels must concentrate fire on the Walkers in order to bring them down for the limited time they are vulnerable. Now that's a fun cool game I want to play and it gives us SW Battlefront the Board/mini game.

For Hoth, different set of rules, AT-ATs Vs snowspeeders. AT-ATs plod and speeders zip all over the place. Someone posted a great idea that you have the speeders move then shoot and move again. This can be advantageous, but can also make them overshoot into the Walker's firing arcs. Add in the infantry, turrets, and vehicles and you have a fantastic game.

Come on FFG, WE WANT AT-ATs!

a 10mm Battle of Hoth game would be crackin' cool -- I played a home brewed one on a snow trench board with micro machines recently. it was great.

However... FFG have already addressed why they cannot at this time do such an endeavor. Cost, difficult minis quality, etc.

This has many good omens -- the price point, at least for the starter, is a value in comparison to other systems.

Missions will be highly customizable, lots of scenarios options. Other cool units, like wookies and Jawas and the like offer such fun opportunity.

I'm totally pleased with this, despite my desire for epic scale. Someday, I'm sure it will happen, but not yet. Expect a L5R minis game next IMO.

Edited by Blutsteigen
language party foul
6 minutes ago, player1750031 said:

And what would there be fighting? Some kind of massive Rebel army? A Rebel armoured division? A battalion of Bothans with an Ewok artillery company?

Basically the same thing the rebels used against the imperial in the actual movies/books?

35 minutes ago, player1750031 said:

I imagined it would be large groups of specialized Rebel infantry, long-ranged artillery pieces, and superior air units. Rebel fighters were ripping apart AT-ACTs at Scarif until finally Imperial air cover showed up to try taking them on, and I wouldn't be surprised if other sources say the Empire had to out-number the Rebel fighters to beat them.

I just... wanted a more epic scope. More Epic than 40K. This will have to do for smoother infantry fights, but does it mean we'll never really have what Armada was to X-Wing? I really wanted a zoomed-out scope with more of a focus on the armored elements and vehicles.

48 minutes ago, Norsehound said:

I imagined it would be large groups of specialized Rebel infantry, long-ranged artillery pieces, and superior air units. Rebel fighters were ripping apart AT-ACTs at Scarif until finally Imperial air cover showed up to try taking them on, and I wouldn't be surprised if other sources say the Empire had to out-number the Rebel fighters to beat them.

I just... wanted a more epic scope. More Epic than 40K. This will have to do for smoother infantry fights, but does it mean we'll never really have what Armada was to X-Wing? I really wanted a zoomed-out scope with more of a focus on the armored elements and vehicles.

While you are looking for more of an Armada Feel, I am hoping for some minis that are more customizable to be able to make my RPG games have a better visual aspect.

1 hour ago, Archangelion said:

Basically the same thing the rebels used against the imperial in the actual movies/books?

So a dozen people with small arms?

I'm excited about the game.