Where is the First Order?

By Raging Celt, in Star Wars: Legion

On 20.4.2018 at 5:53 PM, Admiral Deathrain said:

Growing up in the prequel era was only to a small degree about the movies, but rather about the games, toys, general merchandise, comics, and cartoons. While many of those I grew up with can't see it, I know that the movies are at the very least dramaticaly flawed, but I am still very nostalgic for the imagery.

Now for those designs - I think they are more hit than miss. The main line battle droids are sadly never allowed to act it, but the design ist pretty sleek. The colour pallet of the trade federation is a pleasant beige. The destroyers are just cool, as are vulture droids (when they aren't ruined by stupid slapstick humor). And the clone army is definitly way different from the imperial one. The vehicles are much smaller (AT-RT vs. AT-ST i.e.) and their design is a lot more varied and elegant. The colour pallet also is way more open with bold colours on almost any design.

I have one or two times every year the moment, where I must watch the whole line up in row. If you see 1-3 and than RO+4-8 you will notice, that the over the top CGI of the prequels make the films feel bad produced. Clones with moving legs but it looks like they hover near the ground, actors in a CGI environment which make them look out of place, etc. To be honest, the dialogs and the plots were never the greatest thing in SW, but the prequels have too few good lines and memorable moments. I must say, when there were only the prequels, I would not look it, more than one or two times at all. I could imagine that this will led to my opinion for the droids and why I don't like them.

I don't think, that the clone army is so much different from what you have/get with OT Legion. The armors is a slightly different design of the empire armors and the equipment will be in the rebel forces. I mean that is natural, trough the story line of the prequel the clones must have the shortcut to the empire and it was often said, that the rebels uses equipment from the pre empire age. For the tabletop I don't want an AT-RT ie with another stormie design as the driver sold as a new unit.

On 23.4.2018 at 11:31 AM, TobiWan said:

I have one or two times every year the moment, where I must watch the whole line up in row. If you see 1-3 and than RO+4-8 you will notice, that the over the top CGI of the prequels make the films feel bad produced. Clones with moving legs but it looks like they hover near the ground, actors in a CGI environment which make them look out of place, etc. To be honest, the dialogs and the plots were never the greatest thing in SW, but the prequels have too few good lines and memorable moments. I must say, when there were only the prequels, I would not look it, more than one or two times at all. I could imagine that this will led to my opinion for the droids and why I don't like them.

Oh for sure they don't hold up! Funny enough it often isn't even the overuse of CG, but rather how badly it stands out. There are some great props in episode one, but next to constant uncanny Jar-Jar, stupid announcer guy, unneccesarily CG Jabba they just pale. However all this isn't important when it comes to toys. The designs work very well (arguably better) when they are there in physical form. They don't stand out negatively in video games like the original battlefronts, which were huge for us. So yeah, in the movies these designs aren't shown in a good light, but the movies were not where we got most of our Star Wars from...

On 23.4.2018 at 11:31 AM, TobiWan said:

I don't think, that the clone army is so much different from what you have/get with OT Legion. The armors is a slightly different design of the empire armors and the equipment will be in the rebel forces. I mean that is natural, trough the story line of the prequel the clones must have the shortcut to the empire and it was often said, that the rebels uses equipment from the pre empire age. For the tabletop I don't want an AT-RT ie with another stormie design as the driver sold as a new unit.

The armour for phase one clone troopers is very distinct in my opinion, and in general the variety is greater, especially with colour schemes. But they also are derivative, I get that. However their vehicles aren't anywhere near as derivative. The AT-TE and its relatives make for an iconic and distinct look to the army, and a gunship would be an amazing centerpiece (would need a new larger base size, though, and be a pretty expensive kit). We will have to see how much FFG decides to pull from the prequel era for rebels to see wether the overlap is all that bad. I'm honestly fine with a bit of overlap, as long as there are some ways to make them play differently, like how the Y-Wing in X-Wing has a different pool of astromech upgrades.

Edited by Admiral Deathrain
On 8/19/2017 at 4:56 AM, Raging Celt said:

There are hints of the Clone Wars but where is the First Order era?

Hopefully in a giant melting pot thanks to the new rise trilogy.. lol think a AT-AT would be best seller, or the rest of the ghost crew as we have Sabina, plus yes the shield generator bunker ROTJ was a nice touch, we need more equipment, Jabba the hut, iG88 etc, pilots of both imperial and Rebal.

6 minutes ago, StompingFreak said:

Hopefully in a giant melting pot thanks to the new rise trilogy.. lol think a AT-AT would be best seller, or the rest of the ghost crew as we have Sabina, plus yes the shield generator bunker ROTJ was a nice touch, we need more equipment, Jabba the hut, iG88 etc, pilots of both imperial and Rebal.

ovg3Qdn.gif

Necromancy is just recycling for meat. Fight me.

25 minutes ago, Darth Sanguis said:

ovg3Qdn.gif

Necromancy is just recycling for meat. Fight me.

You are aware I am a master? Had to warn you before you throw your life away...lol

6 minutes ago, StompingFreak said:

You are aware I am a master? Had to warn you before you throw your life away...lol

That's fair, at least I know you'll reuse the corpse.