Sorry About The Mess: Exhibition Match

By SavageBob, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Beginner Game

I guess so, should there be a penalty on an attack?

1 minute ago, SithArissa said:

I guess so, should there be a penalty on an attack?

// Not if you're just attacking with the sword, IMO. I have never been in favor of "off-hand" penalties. //

Ancent Sword with Aim - 3eB+2eP+2eA+2eD+2eS : 2 successes, 2 advantage [3eB=-, -, A] [2eP=A/A, S/A] [2eA=S/A, A] [2eD=Th/Th, Th] [2eS=Th, -]
b--.png b--.png b-a.png p-a-a.png p-s-a.png a-s-a.png a-a.png d-th-th.png d-th.png s-th.png s--.png

So 5 damage doesn't even get past your soak, but you can take another setback dice on your next check with the 2 advantage.

// Yeah, you would, wouldn't you. //

Moment of truth here.

Grrawlryyhl stands back up and unleashes his signature move, doing his utmost just to get past Arissa's defenses. It was now or never. He slammed into her torso with his backhand, putting all his strength into the blow.

Attacking Arissa with the backhand shock glove, aiming : 4eP+1eB+2eC+5eS 3 successes, 1 Despair
p-s-s.png p-s-a.png p-s-a.png p-s-a.png b-a.png c-th-th.png c-d.png s--.png s-th.png s-f.png s-th.png s--.png

// Suffering 2 more strain to activate Martial Grace. That's 14 stun damage (6+3+4+1), and the Despair's to you! //

Parry to reduce the stun by 10, then 3 from the parry is 7 strain. How much strain can I cause with the despair?

// Ha ha just put me out of my misery. Your saber is functional now, you could just Improved Parry me. //

I didn't think it was functional till my turn. but if you insist my revenge is complete. GG @awayputurwpn

// Final count is Wounds 21/22, and Strain 18/17. //

Grrawlryyhl clumsily parries Arissa's expert blow, but is overcome by the cold and collapses at her feet. His vision goes black, and the last thing he hears is the hum of the saber against the howling wind in the cavern.

You have taught me a valuable lesson—never count on a Triumph, and don't underrate your chances of getting a Despair :D

This match was near polar opposite of our first roll luck wise. Rematch with ranged only?

That was a joke.....

10 hours ago, awayputurwpn said:

// I'm not damaging or destroying it (in one round its functionality would be returned with no lasting effects), or disarming you...but I'm biased :) What say you @Nightone ? //

Ok you already found your solution here ^^

But just for the record: By RAW the triumph can only be used to short out the saber if you use an refined Cortosis Staff or Gauntlet. OR if you make a successfull attack that DEALS Damage and you than decide to give up on the damage and have the triumph to activate a disfunction on the enemys gear.

Resist Disarm would not work against it, since the saber sin't disarmed nor really damaged it just has a misfunction on its on.

but you fight was really COOL ! (this pun was presented you by HOTH WEAR the TAUNTAUN Company)

Extra match

@Nightone with The Bulk vs. @DaverWattra with Denthos Ren
"From the ashes, through the dust of time"

Location = D25 http://orokos.com/roll/577081
19 = Construction Site (lots of elevation, dangerous materials)

Range = D3 (1= short / 2= Medium / 3= Long) http://orokos.com/roll/577082
3 = long
Initative = D2 (1= Cool / 2= Vigilance) http://orokos.com/roll/577083
2 = Vigilance

Destiny = D2 (1= Player 1 gets White / 2= Player 2 get White) http://orokos.com/roll/577084
2= Denthos gets to use White, Bulk Black

You may roll Initative and Destiny Points any time!

Long time ago the Little Town of Gr'talon on Duros was popular for its Siencecenter. But those days are long forgotten... The former ruins of the center had become a construction side for an Hyper-Mall-Market-Center. some of the shoping rooms are already finished (except for furnitures) others are just getting theire windows, walls and roofs.

Everywhere are all kinds of tools and materials. Different leviations are accessable and it is easy to find cover anywhere , and behind each corner there may be any Hazard you can think of...

an in an old hidden cellar of the former siencecenter a cloning tube just finishes its work, a big nikto got out of it... a trunk with "his" gear is quickly picked up... the former hidden door smashed and the green mean fighting mashine escapes the dark into the sunlight... luckily it is a holiday on Duros... so no one is in the construction side... except for one singel black armored person...

Specials:
1. Best Cover: using the Cover maneuver grants a bonus of +2 against Range weapons.
2. Wet Duraconcret: a Despair may be used to put an enemy into an Ensnare 3 trap that will need a hard athletics check to escape (otherwise the character can escape after 3 rounds automatically)

My initative and Destiny Check

http://orokos.com/roll/577103

2eA+1eP+1eF : 1 success, 3 advantage, 1 Dark Side [2eA=S, A/A] [1eP=A] [1eF=DS]
a-s.png a-a-a.png p-a.png f-ds.png

Initiative + Destiny:

http://orokos.com/roll/577132

1eA+1eP+1eF : 2 advantage, 2 Light Side [1eA=A] [1eP=A] [1eF=LS/LS]
a-a.png p-a.png f-ls-ls.png

Looks like you're going first!

Someone was there.... a black armor... surely some Guard or something like that... it would be a welcome morning Exercise!

"EHHH YAA WANNAAA FYYYGHT!?!" oh crap his voice was all rosty... and his toung seemed quite sloppy... the words came out in an quite horrobile manner...

But that would be not the main problem of the fight... hopefully all his muscels will work correctly... as intended... the "persona-Recreation-advisor-unit" of the clonetube wasn't the most modern...

Slowly and with with his eyes on his prey he moves forward.

// one maneuver for movin to half between medium and long range then as a second maneuver I'll use aim.

Denthos Ren's distorted voice crackles through his black mask. "You have no idea the power you're playing with." He draws his lightsaber pike from his back and activates the blade. "I'll gladly kill you, alien, if that's what you want."

// One maneuver to draw lightsaber pike, one maneuver to aim

A sparky-stick... somehow he got a mean headache when saw the red light of it...

He took some steps forward (entering medium range) and keept his arms for a sudden defense up (defensive maneuver adding a black to any attack you or me will do until the end of my next turn)

"Yaay then come on to me black fellow! I am hungry!"

// one maneuver to move to medium, one for defensive maneuver. / aim is lost due to moving.

This Nikto seems unhinged , Denthos thinks. But I sense no fear in him.

Trust the Supreme Leader's teachings... trust the Dark Side.

Gaining speed, he gathers his strength to swing his lightsaber pike in a wide arc.

//Two maneuvers to close to Engaged (gaining 2 strain, losing Aim benefits). Denthos pays a further 2 strain for Falling Avalanche (+6 damage on next lightsaber attack). Will roll attack + Flow power check in the next post.

http://orokos.com/roll/577984

3eA+3eP+2eD+2eS+2eF : 3 successes, 2 Light Side, 1 Dark Side [3eA=-, A, -] [3eP=S/S, S/A, S/S] [2eD=-, F/Th] [2eS=F, Th] [2eF=DS, LS/LS]
a--.png a-a.png a--.png p-s-s.png p-s-a.png p-s-s.png d--.png d-f-th.png s-f.png s-th.png f-ds.png f-ls-ls.png

--

(I think the dice pool is right... my custom grip removes 1 setback. Let me know if there's a mistake)

2 Light Side pips heals 2 strain, 3 successes means 15 total damage to the Balk, 6 of which will get past soak. Parry?

Denthos is at 2 strain, 0 wounds.

//Looks right to me ^^
//and no parry

The Armored Guy jumped in fast, to fast to avoid the attack completly, but now that he feels a little pain Balk was finally convinced that he was alive!
and he liked that feeling of adrenaline rushing through his veins!

"Nice one, there Blacky! But now it is my turn!"

// So frenzy attack upgrade (1 Strain), Martial Grace (2 Strain for +4 Damage to the whole check), 2 maneuvers to aim (2 Strain), attacking with both hands (+1 difficulty)

https://orokos.com/roll/578024

2eA+4eP+2eB+3eD+3eS : 1 success, 3 advantage [2eA=A/A, S] [4eP=S/S, A/A, A, S/S] [2eB=A/A, -] [3eD=F/F, Th, Th/Th] [3eS=F, F, Th]
a-a-a.png a-s.png p-s-s.png p-a-a.png p-a.png p-s-s.png b-a-a.png b--.png d-f-f.png d-th.png d-th-th.png s-f.png s-f.png s-th.png

So 2 advatage to hit with both attacks!

Damage hit one: 10+4+1= 15 - 9 Soak = 6 (parry?)

Damage hit two: the same = 15 - 9 Soak = 6 (parry?)

1 advantage to crit since the damage will get through even if you parry ^^

https://orokos.com/roll/578027

= 41 +10 (lethal blows) = 51 = Fearsome wound (increase all will power and presence checks by 1 difficulty) - will use 1 Strain for precision strike to change to 30 - Discouraging wound - Flip a DP to my favor. (armor master to reduce to 1-Minor Nick = Suffer 1 Strain?)

Balk is at 6 / 14 Strain and 6 / 25 WT

// No parry or Supreme Armor Master, I'll give you the DP.

The Balk's fists hammer on Denthos's helmet. He shakes his head, trying to clear it. ****, this Nikto is fast.

12/20 Wounds, 2/15 Strain

Quick question before I attack: when in the turn order do you have to decide whether to use Coordination Dodge? It says "when targeted"... does that mean you have to choose before I roll the attack, or is it usable after the roll?

Editorializing for a moment: it's hard to imagine Denthos standing up to this much longer! I hadn't realized unarmed attacks could double up like that. Martial Artist has got to be the best melee spec hands down, even for characters without claws.

Charm his helmet off.

That phase could use context.

Edited by SithArissa
11 hours ago, DaverWattra said:

Quick question before I attack: when in the turn order do you have to decide whether to use Coordination Dodge? It says "when targeted"... does that mean you have to choose before I roll the attack, or is it usable after the roll?

I have to announce it once you announce your attack; it is like the normal DP flip for Upgrades. First you anounce what you use wich boost ect. then I would declare what I will use, than you roll the check. it is not useable after the check!

To fasten things up: I will Flip a DP for "coordination Dodge" if you declare to use "Falling Avalanche" otherwise I won't try to dodge!

11 hours ago, DaverWattra said:

Editorializing for a moment: it's hard to imagine Denthos standing up to this much longer! I hadn't realized unarmed attacks could double up like that. Martial Artist has got to be the best melee spec hands down, even for characters without claws.

Therefore the Unarmed attacks can't be augmented by any modifications to reduce set backs or add booster (like personalized handgrip). you always have to use the enviorment (prone enemy, advandages from checks, assisting chars ect.)

And you have to have a high Brawn and the "Feral Strength" Upgrades from Marauder to bring this kind of damage to the table ^^

but yes the "Precicion strike" is one of the strongest talents IMO and combined with "Iron Body" and a "claw-type species" it really gets devasting.

If I would now imagine something like Balk getting Force Exiled + Enhanced... well that would become a serious killing mashine... something my players at the hometable would course me for when it would become the advasary of the week ... .... <_<

Edited by Nightone

Balk was feeling his muscels, each of them was reacting like they should, a little stiff maybe but still fast enought.
He got encouraged by the full out blows he landed on the black armored guy.

"Come on, will ya! show me you can do more than beeing a punching bag!"

Then he added with a little more creepy voice in a little more slow manner "... Or are you just my breakfast?"