Sorry About The Mess: Exhibition Match

By SavageBob, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Beginner Game

Grrwalryyhl jumps to his feet, trying desperately to strike the Twi'lek, but each blow is met with a dodge or parry, and he is unable to close in. And now the lack of feeling in his extremities is starting to creep inwards. This damnable cold.

Undaunted, he presses the attack, knowing that he just has to land a solid punch.

Saber Attack - 2eB+2eP+2eA+2eD+2eB : 3 successes, 2 advantage [2eB=A/A, -] [2eP=S/S, -] [2eA=A/A, S] [2eD=Th, F/Th] [2eB=-, S]
b-a-a.png b--.png p-s-s.png p--.png a-a-a.png a-s.png d-th.png d-f-th.png b--.png b-s.png

Attack for 10 damage with breach 1, I don't think its worth activating burn as it'll only do a single damage after soak so I will heal 2 strain with the advantage. Parry I assume?

I'll write narrative later as I'm just back from my D&D and RP'd out.

And I just noticed I rolled blues instead of blacks. ugrgh!

Edit - Fix for saber attack - 2eS : 0 successes, 1 threat [2eS=Th, -]
s-th.png s--.png

So heal for one strain instead. And 9 damage.

Edited by SithArissa

// No prob, just swap out those last two blues with blacks. And yeah I'll Parry. //

Arissa swung her blade but the Wookie was never one to let a blow strike true he deflected most of the hit but still took a serious burn along his forearm. Even this glancing nip was enough to give her some of the arrogant confidence she would normally be seething in.

"Where was that tricky little dodge this time Grrwalyyhl? Don't tell me you are tired already? Or is it a little to cold for your delicate skin? Hahaha!"

Edited by SithArissa

Flipiing a destiny point as an oot to regain 4 strain then parry for 3 strain using the despair to add a counter attack for 7 damage.

Grrawlryyhl tries for finesse this time but still barely manages land a blow before Arissa is there, checking his arm with her lightsaber.

He roars in frustration, frozen spittle showing on his bearded face.

// I'm Unarmed Parrying your Improved Parry, btw. Another 2 strain for -4 damage //

Edited by awayputurwpn

Coordination dodge on my next attack?

2 minutes ago, SithArissa said:

Coordination dodge on my next attack?

// Nah. Do your worst :) //

Saber Attack with an Aim - 3eB+2eP+2eA+2eD+2eS : 3 successes, 1 advantage [3eB=A, S, -] [2eP=A/A, S] [2eA=S/S, S] [2eD=F/F, Th] [2eS=-, Th]
b-a.png b-s.png b--.png p-a-a.png p-s.png a-s-s.png a-s.png d-f-f.png d-th.png s--.png s-th.png

10 Damage, healing 1 strain.

Am I at 6 or 7 strain now I've lost track? and a parry I assume?

// I will indeed Parry. //

Arissa spun her blade and hit a stinging blow to Grrawlryyhls leg before he could bat the Saber away. She could see his effort he was using in deflecting the strike was getting getting more and more with each small cut. Not long now and she could finally be off this frozen rock.

Unarmed parry is 1 strain btw. I dont know how using a fist to parry a Lightsaber is less stressful than the other way around but.....

Brawling with Arissa again (aiming, +1 Boost from last check) : 4eP+2eB+2eC+4eS 0 successes, 1 advantage
p-a-a.png p-s-a.png p--.png p-s-a.png b-a.png b--.png c-f.png c-f-th.png s-th.png s-th.png s-th.png s--.png

Grrawlryyhl took the hit and attempted to move in on the lightsaber wielder, but nothing he could do made any difference. A feint, a punch, a kick, Arissa was ready for it. He was getting tired.

// The single Advantage will again go to another Boost next turn. I'll also suffer 2 strain to use the stimpack on my belt pouch, -5 wounds, and flip the single Destiny Point for Mind over Matter (-4 strain) //

Saber Attack with Aim - 3eB+2eP+2eA+2eD+2eS : 3 successes, 1 advantage [3eB=A/A, S, -] [2eP=A/A, S] [2eA=S/S, S/S] [2eD=F/Th, F/F] [2eS=Th, Th]
b-a-a.png b-s.png b--.png p-a-a.png p-s.png a-s-s.png a-s-s.png d-f-th.png d-f-f.png s-th.png s-th.png

10 Damage to you heal one strain, again thats 3 times in a row with the same results. I'm rolling it each time I swear :blink:

// Parrying again for 2 strain, and here we go with something... (maybe not a Despair this time, let's say?) //

Brawling with Arissa again (aiming, +1 Boost from last check) : 4eP+2eB+2eC+4eS 2 successes, 1 advantage, 1 Despair
p-a-a.png p-a.png p-s.png p-s-s.png b-s.png b-s-a.png c-d.png c-f-th.png s-f.png s-th.png s-th.png s--.png

// hahahaha I can't even. That'll be 8 damage (forgot I'm a Wookiee, so that whole +1 damage thing when I'm wounded) and I'll heal 1 strain with the Advantage //

Grrawlryyhl loses it, going full Wookiee rage on Arissa.

Unarmed parry is 1 strain @awayputurwpn . And I will also parry and spend the despair on a counter attack for 7 flip a destiny point oot to heal 4 strain.

So W - 0/13 S - 5/16

Light 1 Dark 1

// Will Parry the counterattack. Unarmed Parry reduces the strain cost of activating the Parry talent by 1, so from 3 to 2, right? I'll spend that last Destiny Point (thanks for that!) on Coordination Dodge. //

8 minutes ago, awayputurwpn said:

// Will Parry the counterattack. Unarmed Parry reduces the strain cost of activating the Parry talent by 1, so from 3 to 2, right? I'll spend that last Destiny Point (thanks for that!) on Coordination Dodge. //

Ah by 1 you are correct. Reading is tech.

Saber Attack with an Aim -

3eB+2eP+2eA+2eD+2eS : 2 successes, 5 advantage [3eB=A/A, S, S] [2eP=A/A, S] [2eA=A, A] [2eD=-, Th] [2eS=F, -]
b-a-a.png b-s.png b-s.png p-a-a.png p-s.png a-a.png a-a.png d--.png d-th.png s-f.png s--.png

So 2 fail 5 advantage. I will heal 2 strain and use 3 advantage to activate Feint to upgrade your next combat check against me a 3rd time.

W - 0/13 S - 2/16

0 Light 2 Dark

Edited by SithArissa

The Force cursed furbag pulled that dodge again. It was quite the annoyance. With a flourish of her Saber Arissa put a wall of plasma between her and Grrawlryyhl blinding him for a mere moment, but just long enough.

// Lol okay. Come on baby, daddy needs a Triumph! //

One last Brawl on Arissa : 4eP+1eB+2eC+1eD+4eS 0 successes, 5 threat, 1 Triumph
p-tr.png p-s.png p-s.png p-a-a.png b--.png c-f-th.png c-th-th.png d-th-th.png s-th.png s-th.png s-f.png s-f.png

// I would like to use the Triumph to disable your lightsaber for one round //

The Wookiee lunges for the Jedi, and she dodge, but in the same action he grabs up huge fistful of snow and slams it down on the saber blade, which instantly melts the snow. It refreezes on the way down, temporarily shorting the lightsaber as the hilt becomes frozen to Arissa's hand.

Edited by awayputurwpn

Hmm will Resist Disarm count here?

Just now, SithArissa said:

Hmm will Resist Disarm count here?

// I'm not damaging or destroying it (in one round its functionality would be returned with no lasting effects), or disarming you...but I'm biased :) What say you @Nightone ? //

I'll go with that actually I have something fun in mind. With 3 of the threat I will knock you prone. And the other 2 I will use for a free manoeuvre on your turn, Drop the Saber as an incidental and draw my Ancient Blade.

// Kk. With your free hand, right? Since the saber is frozen to your other hand ;) //