Who still owns copies of both of these?

By copperbell, in Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game 30th Anniversary Edition

18 minutes ago, flyingcircus said:

The FFG SW sytem just needs a better combat anf force power explanation system in the books, most is very vague at best and mabe an option to play without all the narration dice just some way to play it as a straight up rpg like the old d6 stuff and it would probably gain more followers and people that would play, at least I could get a group to play then.

I guess FFG took it literal on the 'mysteries' of the force:p i do prefer the old control sense alter stats. Then difficulties to use abilities and not relying on the light/dark points and hope their flipped your way to activate more powerful abilities.

On 8/24/2017 at 10:58 PM, unclefuzz said:

I have well over thirty WEG Star Wars books plus the Darkstryder Campaign boxset. I still have their Indiana Jones games floating around in my RPG closet as well.

Ah yes, the Indiana Jones game. It had promise, but the rpg/card system ruined it for me. If only they had used the WEG Star Wars game as a reference, and reworked to fit the Indiana Jones world. It would have been a winner.

The 30th anniversary of the 10th anniversary...

Edited by Cr0aker
33 minutes ago, Cr0aker said:

The 30th anniversary of the 10th anniversary...

If you want to see it like that

8 minutes ago, splad said:

If you want to see it like that

The back cover has a thing on it being 10 years since the release of star wars. Trying to link a photo of the back cover, but the forums arnt taking it.

I'm curious what the logo in the upper right will look like in this set.

10th Anniversary...png

Edited by Cr0aker
2 minutes ago, Cr0aker said:

The back cover has a thing on it being 10 years since the release of star wars. Trying to link a photo of the back cover, but the forums arnt taking it.

I know I bought it in 87

I own the Spanish edition of the "Star Wars Roleplaying Game", "Star Wars Sourcebook" and the "Rebel Alliance Sourcebook". I also own the English edition of the "Star Wars Roleplaying Game Second Edition", "Star Wars Sourcebook Second Edition" and "Star Wars Roleplaying Game Second Edition Revised and Updated".

My Spanish edition books were bought at the early nineties, and although they show a little wear-and-tear, there are still in good shape. My English edition books were bought four or five years ago after finding them in the second hand section of a bookshop. They are in pristine condition (it is obvious they didn't see much use) and they were offered at a reasonable price (15 $ each book, or 40 $ for the three of them).

Edited by Agrivar

I had, at one time, a complete collection. Some of the books have gone walkies over the years - so I'm probably at 78% complete? I keep meaning to go back and pick up the ones that wandered away someday, but the online resources seem to be enough for me now.

3 hours ago, Desslok said:

I had, at one time, a complete collection. Some of the books have gone walkies over the years - so I'm probably at 78% complete? I keep meaning to go back and pick up the ones that wandered away someday, but the online resources seem to be enough for me now.

Me too and I'm currently restoring my collection sadly most were left back in old Blighty

I've got a suitcase or two full of old WEG Star Wars stuff. The longest running RPG campaigns I ever played in were D6 SW, and my copies of the main rules, Pirates & Privateers, and Tramp Freighters show it.

Yeah, I still have my nearly complete West End Game D6 Star Wars collection sitting on my shelf (or shelves rather). Including the books in this Aniverary release. To be honest, I find FFG’s iteration to be the best yet, but these books are invaluable for reference material (heck, the entire Star Wars EU and even much of the Canon stuff now days is built on them, with story group executive Pablo Hidalgo and Rebels show runner Dave Filoni both admitting that it was because of playing the WEG Star Wars RPG that got them their jobs at Lucasfilm ). Also, there are thousands of hours of adventures packed away in these tomes which translate with little effort to the modern system.

Fun fact: my first WEG SW RPG book, and actually the book that got me into RPGs (even though it took me a while to release it was an RPG sourcebook) was the first edition Imperial Sourcebook. I found it in the gift store outside the Star Tours ride at Disney World during a visit in 1989 and begged my parents to buy it which they did but instantly regretted because I wouldn’t put it down for the rest of the trip. Arguably, it was this book that was ground zero for my continued love of Star Wars in general (this being the Dark Ages of Star Wars fandom). From there I continued to collect the rest of the books, many of them during Disney World or Disneyland trips because that was the only place I could find them (remember, this was pre World Wide Web so knowledge about game stores and such was limited. Especially to a 12 year old me).

Anyway, nostalgia never gets old I gusss...

Imperial_Sourcebook_FC.jpg

Edited by Otakuon

I have these two books as well a single some other WEG S2 but I have actually never played the game.

I am presently trying to resurrect my star wars D6 library. I have half the adventure journals that I lines and the main 2nd ed books main 2nd ed r&e, sourcebook, imperial, rebellion. Plus about 25 sourcebook and adventures. Working on more lol

i have a very complete D6 library with possibly only one or two books missing if anyone has a list or a link to a complete list could they added it here or PM me it please

On 8/16/2017 at 4:28 PM, shnar said:

Those are scanned PDFs. I want real PDFs, i.e. before print stuff most RPGs offer these days. Blackbird has a point though, they don't offer it for the other Star Wars RPGs so probably *cant'* offer it due to licensing...

-shnar

original copies of the books in PDF form just don't exist. if they did the holocron would have them. pdf files of books, or digital copies, weren't a thing until later. so the closest is the scanned copies. but the data in those books are also in the wiki area of the same site, which makes it easy to just search for the information. making the books unnecessary.
the holocron does its best, but nothing's perfect.

When I was a kid in the early 90's I bought the rulebook, the sourcebook and the first 5 galaxy guides.... which I still all have.

Yesterday, at a convention I found 11 WEG books (plus 2 novels which don't have anything to do with gaming). All € 5 a piece, all in great condition (some are mint).

Bookz.jpg.fd1d889e604dbb2a23ab9f3fa2c4b3

I have copies of 1e, 2e, and 2eR&É, plus openD6 space, which is essentially 3e...

But they're stored in another state.

I have most of the WEG books... Not all, but about 80%.

I've got them both, including my original rules copy from pretty much the week, if not the day, it was released. Bought it at old War & Pieces in West Hartford, CT (now long closed). Got my preorder at the FLGS for pickup on Thursday.

On 8/18/2017 at 2:33 PM, splad said:

If only it was that simple that FFG world pull up their tent pole rpg and delve into the WEG archive. Is it possible a year ago I world have said no but look at the star wars books they have. They have nearly maxed out on companions for classes so what's left the sporadic adventure and source book. WEG was prolific in mining the star wars universe far more aptly than FFG. They won't even touch movie or novels to make sourcebook for.

The most recent FFG NDS Star Wars book covered Clone Wars, Rebels, & Rogue One...

They have had issues getting permission for Ep VII; the beginner box may be all they were allowed, or they may be waiting for Ep IX, so they don't screw it up. An issue WEG had no issue with... WEG was even used by LFL as a "writer's bible" for the EU. (Mr Zahn mentioned this in an interview.)

The old novels are no longer canon, and new ones are probably off-limits...

Be happy they're allowing it at all... Disney cancelled the MHRP license, even tho' it was money in the bag. (Not enough, apparently, despite critical acclaim, and rapid fan adoption). Seems, now, that perhaps the lineup was too close to the upcoming movie sequence...

On 8/28/2017 at 10:19 PM, idiewell said:

Ah yes, the Indiana Jones game. It had promise, but the rpg/card system ruined it for me. If only they had used the WEG Star Wars game as a reference, and reworked to fit the Indiana Jones world. It would have been a winner.

The revised version did. But it was too little, too late, and the lack of unique trade dress doomed it.

On 8/27/2017 at 9:39 AM, flyingcircus said:

The FFG SW sytem just needs a better combat anf force power explanation system in the books, most is very vague at best and mabe an option to play without all the narration dice just some way to play it as a straight up rpg like the old d6 stuff and it would probably gain more followers and people that would play, at least I could get a group to play then.

The NDS Star Wars is probably the #3 or #4 RPG in the world right now... It's beaten by D&D 5E & Pathfinder. Both by a factor of at least 3.

ICV2 lists it as #4 for fall 2017...

And it's been consistently top 5 since release. (Note that ICV2's published rankings do not include the actual sales numbers, but are whole line... all three cores and 4 BGs in one slot.)

Only D&D, Pathfinder, and Starfinder had RPG books in the Diamond Distributor top 100 games sales... 4 books for D&D (PHB, MM, Tomb of Annihilation, Xanthar's Guide), and the core for Starfinder. The pathfinder "book" is the starter set. If you count Rory's Story Cubes, then Diamond adds the Dr. Who and Batman sets; if you add minis, two D&D minis sets get added, along with two pathfinder ones.

The NDS Star Wars is the 5th most played game on Roll20... and AFAIK, it's not officially supported there. Pathfinder and D&D are... and D&D 5 and 3.5 are 1 & 3, while the whole BI/FFG 40K line is still #4. Pathfinder, of course, is #2.

So, NDS isn't hurting for popularity. It's unlikely to ever challenge D&D, but nothing but D&D's bastard half-brother Pathfinder is even close to the distribution and sales numbers of D&D 5E.

i have everything still...even pdf version of WGSs books and saga edition

I have PDF copies of all the d6 stuff. The hard copies I had were worn out long ago. It is nice to have these to put on my shelf. We will continue to use the PDFs for game play.

I have quite a bit of the old WEG d6 stuff, both 1st and 2nd edition.

In fact, I have two copies of both the 1st ed rulebook and the 1st ed sourcebook.