Who still owns copies of both of these?

By copperbell, in Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game 30th Anniversary Edition

Yes, yes I do still have both managed to pick up the Gamemaster's Guide but no I don't own near enough!?

Any chance of re-releasing any of the supplements?

Maybe a converted version... like the Tapani Sector or the Darkstryder Campaign Set?

Pretty please?!?

I've got the core book in second edition (blue cover with Darth Vader mask on front), but not the Sourcebook, plus several supplements. I'll be picking this up for certain. I'd love it if they also put out the Imperial and Rebellion source books to go with it (so much of the original EU started with those books!)

I've still got both of the original books, plus the second edition core book and a bunch of the other source books and some of the adventure books. At one point my friends and I had every WEG Star Wars book, but over the years some of them have disappeared. There was certain things I always liked about the WEG rules, but by today standards, I think the rules would come off as a bit clunky and difficult to balance.

I got a bunch of them in a box somewhere. Also a few of them in Swedish.

?

The bit I didn't know about is that no teacher (except a darksider) would teach a force sensitive with Darkside Points!?

Now that's something I wish I knew about back when I started playing that!

Edited by copperbell

I've still got these down in my basement. I'll have to dust them off. This was the only first edition stuff I had, but I've got every second edition sourcebook and most of the modules. Love this system, and the sourcebooks were such a great source for expanded Star Wars lore. Hope FFG expands some around this. So many great stories from the original canon that never got their due (Rogue Squadron anyone?!?).

I have an almost complete collection of the SW West End RPG so when I saw this news it made me a big smile on my face... good times...

Not only do I still own these, I still *play* these! Love the old D6 system!

-shnar

23 minutes ago, gokubb said:

Hope FFG expands some around this.

Yeah, I agree which is what has me scratching my head over all of this- is FFG doing this as another, game exclusive to their current SW offering? The article states that it is a collectors edition release and not compatible with the current SW FFG systems.....which begs the question (At least in my mind) why do it??

Personally, yes, I picked it up back in 87 when it was released and it was (and still is) a fantastic game system. Would be neat to see some new material on it.

I had every book West End published for Star Wars but sadly lost the whole collection to a water leak.

I'm looking at as near as a complete collection of West end games star wars books. as I type I may be missing the storm trooper special forces book not sure if it was event printed I have only ever seen a PDF version other wise it's a complete collection.

I loved this game growing up

I bought these while in middle school. LOVED 'em.

I still have these two books and a few others from WEG.

Will FFG offer PDFs of these? (please?)

-shnar

22 minutes ago, shnar said:

Will FFG offer PDFs of these? (please?)

-shnar

They probably still can't.

It doesn't have anything to do with FFG not being willing, but them not having the license. The PDFs are classified as "electronic gaming" by Lucasfilm (as in the same as video games), and that license is owned by EA. Renegotiating is apparently harder and more expensive than its worth.

I still have these, plus the Rules Companion.

Still have them in french, plus the Imperial and Rebel Alliance source book ! This reedition is great news !

Weathered and well-loved, but I've still got both these books sitting on my bookshelf right next to the host of other d6 supplements I own.

3 hours ago, Conviction said:

Those are scanned PDFs. I want real PDFs, i.e. before print stuff most RPGs offer these days. Blackbird has a point though, they don't offer it for the other Star Wars RPGs so probably *cant'* offer it due to licensing...

-shnar

1 hour ago, shnar said:

Those are scanned PDFs. I want real PDFs, i.e. before print stuff most RPGs offer these days. Blackbird has a point though, they don't offer it for the other Star Wars RPGs so probably *cant'* offer it due to licensing...

-shnar

There's no "probably" about it. The intricacies of RPG PDF's being classified as "electronic gaming" under the terms of the two different licenses are well-documented.

Whattaya mean "both?"

First Edition.

Second Edition.

Second Edition - Revised and Expanded.

I've got all three. Started playing with R&E, and somehow ended up with copies of 1E and 2E, too.

All of my WEG books (not a complete collection, but a fair number) are on my SWRPG shelf right below FFG. I mine them for ideas quite frequently.

WEG is what started me in P&P Roleplaying and help fuel my love for Star Wars. I had done some RPGs on consoles, and knew my parents were anti-D&D. Still, I saw the 2nd Ed book in a bookstore, thought it looked neat, told my parents I wanted it. And I got it for Christmas and got the Imperial Sourcebook with money from Christmas. I didn't get to play it much (my early attempts to run games were... not good).

I picked up a few other books, participated in the mailing list, and when WEG had the fire sale as they were going out of business scrounged up as much money as I could to get more. I'll still pick up books as I find them within reasonable prices (most recently Galaxy Guide 11 a couple of weeks ago!).

I've switched to FFG as my favorite system, but the D6 books are fantastic source material and it's really neat for FFG to do this.

I still use the adventure in the back "Rebel Breakout" as my intro to my Age of Rebellion campaigns. WEG started my love for starwars and Ive never looked back. Have the entire collection minus a couple Adventure journals. The FFG system is to me, the spiritual successor of the WEG system. Made me very happy to see this becoming available.

I still have them... and a few supplements.

I played, but never had these two books. I DO have two hardcover Second Edition books, as well as 16+ inches of sourcebooks. Even for WotC and FFG campaigns, they have a great amount of inspiration and resource material. For all my WotC/FFG campaigns, the crew has tooled around in a modified Imperial Customs Frigate from Tramp Freighters.