L5R Local Community Groups

By Mirith, in Legend of the Five Rings: The Card Game

On 8/16/2017 at 1:15 PM, YasukiKaito said:

The Yellow King!

Yellow King will be my primary store as well. I play miniatures at Gamers Haven, so that's always a possibility.

On 8/21/2017 at 4:03 PM, Necro Wabbit said:

Heeeej! Napokon neko ko nije 500 km daleko.

Koliko si core setova poručio? Ima li u tvojo okolini više zainteresovanih za L5R?

Ovde koliko znam samo žena i ja. Bilo bi lepo kad bi imali neki regionalni turnir kad igra napokon dodje do nas.

Zdravoooo ?

Ima nas ovdje zainteresiranih, za pocetak frend i ja mislimo uzeti 2 core seta pa medusobno kartat. Ali mislim da bi nas se moglo skupit desetak i mogli bi bas neki mali regionalni kotei organizirat!

Kako god bilo ja sam odusevljen sto je l5r krenuo, kartao sam prije, kartat cu i sada ?

Any players in Southern New England? (Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut)?

On 8/18/2017 at 10:58 AM, SoulSteel said:

I am working on a group in Central FL in the Melbourne/Palm Bay area.

There is a general Florida group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1012078675601045/

I know I'm Board in Madison WI will host OP events, but I'd love to get a group going for the region (easier to communicate with everyone)

Also, I have 2 core sets and will be doing demos as soon as I hear what days work best for the store.

1 hour ago, jcharpjr71 said:

Any players in Southern New England? (Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut)?

In the very least The Tabletop Shop in Newington CT is probably going to have an OP presence since they support most of the LCGs. I'm still trying to figure out what other CT shops will have an active L5R scene.

2 hours ago, jcharpjr71 said:

There's a New England LCG group on Facebook. Ask there.

I'm looking to form a San Diego, CA group. I would prefer to play on a weekend afternoon sometime. Closest gaming store to me is At Ease Games in Mira Mesa. Though Game Empire down in Clairemont is a possibility. Does anyone know if there are any Poway Game stores or ones in Rancho Bernardo?

28 minutes ago, Briareos200 said:

I'm looking to form a San Diego, CA group. I would prefer to play on a weekend afternoon sometime. Closest gaming store to me is At Ease Games in Mira Mesa. Though Game Empire down in Clairemont is a possibility. Does anyone know if there are any Poway Game stores or ones in Rancho Bernardo?

I'm in the Carmel Mountain area and interested in your San Diego group.

At Ease Games used to be in Poway, but is actually in Mira Mar these days. San Diego Games and Comics was in Mira Mesa for a long time, but it looks like they went out business towards the beginning of 2017.

I'm actually looking for a semi-regular board game group, and would be willing to host events at my home, just right off the 15 at Carmel Mountain Road (on the PQ side).

Any groups forming in SE Michigan? Ann Arbor / Livonia Area?

Castro Valley, California
at
Ronin Games & Hobbies

Anyone in (South) London?

21 hours ago, Briareos200 said:

I'm close to the RB area but I don't know of any nearer game stores other than At Ease. I'd be interested in a San Diego L5R group.

Any groups or individuals in Chicagoland?

On 4/8/2017 at 8:39 PM, Mirith said:

Seems like a good time to start this thread. Post a link to your community, as well as the physical location. This will let new players find your group if need be.

If your group doesn't have a online link, post the local game store you meet at!

What if your area doesn't have a group? Go ahead and start one! This stuff benefits from having some form of organization!

I think this would work fine if there is an updated and clear list of communities in the first post. AS the list grows, it is too overwhelming to a newcomer.

11 hours ago, Koriume said:

I think this would work fine if there is an updated and clear list of communities in the first post. AS the list grows, it is too overwhelming to a newcomer.

Seconded.

On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 11:24 AM, Briareos200 said:

I'm going to be in San Diego near the end of October. I'd love to be kept in the loop if you get something started.

Astral Games in Medford, Oregon.

We hosted the second to last CCG kotei and plan on running many more! We draw in a pretty decent crowd from the Portland and Sacramento areas, too.

See you space samurai.

Is there any way we can get some sort of community map set up? I do a fair bit of traveling and would love to be able to see if I can coincide my trips with local L5R gatherings.

On 8/23/2017 at 8:37 AM, Lysamus said:

I'm close to the RB area but I don't know of any nearer game stores other than At Ease. I'd be interested in a San Diego L5R group.

3 hours ago, Isawa Tsuke said:

Seconded.

I'm going to be in San Diego near the end of October. I'd love to be kept in the loop if you get something started.

I stopped by At Ease Games in Miramar after work this evening. Apparently, Thursday nights are their FFG nights. Saw some folks playing aGoT and Netrunner, and there were a couple guys running a L5R demo using laser printed cards.

I pre-ordered 3 cores from them. The clerk said they're a FFG sanctioned store, however, he hedged a bit when I asked whether the product would be available on street date (Oct 5th). They had 17 pre-orders before mine.

Looks like this is the best bet for a public venue for north country San Diego players.

10 minutes ago, Sterny72 said:

I stopped by At Ease Games in Miramar after work this evening. Apparently, Thursday nights are their FFG nights. Saw some folks playing aGoT and Netrunner, and there were a couple guys running a L5R demo using laser printed cards.

I pre-ordered 3 cores from them. The clerk said they're a FFG sanctioned store, however, he hedged a bit when I asked whether the product would be available on street date (Oct 5th). They had 17 pre-orders before mine.

Looks like this is the best bet for a public venue for north country San Diego players.

Excellent. I'll keep them in mind.

1 hour ago, Isawa Tsuke said:

Is there any way we can get some sort of community map set up? I do a fair bit of traveling and would love to be able to see if I can coincide my trips with local L5R gatherings.

There's a map already: https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=2510512#

1 hour ago, Sterny72 said:

Pair of Dice in Vista is taking pre-orders now from their facebook page. They might also be a good venue for people North County.

On 8/23/2017 at 8:13 AM, Fumo said:

Anyone in (South) London?

I'm in south(ish) London and looking at getting into this. :)

Anyone in Phoenix or the East Valley planning/have a group set up? Googling "Phoenix L5R" is unsurprisingly pretty useless, even when adding "playgroup" or the like to it.