Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

By SaltMaster 5000, in X-Wing

8 hours ago, catachanninja said:

Yeah living in wisconsin and not beingable to to dairy is brutal.

I spent my childhood in the land behind the Cheddar Curtain. I am sorry to read that you are unable to behold the power of cheese (and other such goodness). There's always bowling... ;)

21 minutes ago, Biff said:

I spent my childhood in the land behind the Cheddar Curtain. I am sorry to read that you are unable to behold the power of cheese (and other such goodness). There's always bowling... ;)

I remember driving through Wisconsin every year to attend GenCon, back in the mid-80s. It's the only stretch of highway I've ever seen that goes "adult bookstore; cheese shop; adult book store; cheese shop; oh, look, a combo adult bookstore/cheese shop."

EDIT - Oh, and this isn't a diss on Wisconsin. They are the friendliest people I've ever met. We used to go to one cafe in Milwaukee -- the Olympic Cafe -- every year, only during GenCon. The staff there eventually learned the names of the core half-dozen of us, and in the final couple of years before the cafe shut down, some of the staff actually started coming to the Con.

Indy is fine ... but I miss GenCon in Milwaukee.

Edited by Jeff Wilder

Mmmmmm gencon in Milwaukee.

THOSE were the days.

I find it somewhat interesting having spent my pre-college years growing up in Milwaukee while Gen Con was there, to now reside in Indy. I didn't know about Gen Con back then. Oh what a transformation I could have seen occur across all those years. Just seeing the Con grow since my first in 2010 has been extraordinary!

My first GenCon was in 1984. I've missed only two. I think it was, maybe, 6000 in 1984? Maybe even fewer.

10 hours ago, Brunas said:

I have evidence that salt master 5k is not me

KEBsJDb.png

Is this the Cancerchat?!

1 minute ago, Mattman7306 said:

Is this the Cancerchat?!

Podcast chat :-p

24 minutes ago, Mattman7306 said:

Is this the Cancerchat?!

If cancerchat was shown to the public there would be an epidemic so large it would probably end the world.

Just now, Swick said:

If cancerchat was shown to the public there would be an epidemic so large it would probably end the world.

Keep it secret. Keep it safe.

32 minutes ago, Mattman7306 said:

Is this the Cancerchat?!

In cancer chat, i am the warden

Just now, catachanninja said:

In cancer chat, i am the warden

also we don't talk about nathan in cancer chat, the mere mention of his name may burn it down agaian

7 hours ago, catachanninja said:

also we don't talk about nathan in cancer chat, the mere mention of his name may burn it down agaian

Chemo Eide

I'm sorry, yes some profanity happens, but when you just spout it like a foul mouth idiot because you think it's cool, sorry it's not. I really have a hard time listening to anyone that does, because it just makes them sound stupid and not very intelligent.

Yes, I'm nearly 50, and yes I tell total strangers to watch their mouths in public, because it makes them sound like morons. Frankly sometimes when I listen to their cast it sounds like drunken morons and thugs. To each their own, I don't listen to people who speak like that in real life either because its all Fluff and I feel sorry for people who aren't confident enough to speak properly. I tried to listen to it to get some interesting facts, but I can't cut through the BS.

Edited by eagletsi111
7 minutes ago, eagletsi111 said:

I'm sorry, yes some profanity happens, but when you just spout it like a foul mouth idiot because you think it's cool, sorry it's not. I really have a hard time listening to anyone that does, because it just makes them sound stupid and not very intelligent.

Yes, I'm nearly 50, and yes I tell total strangers to watch their mouths in public, because it makes them sound like morons. Frankly sometimes when I listen to their cast it sounds like drunken morons and thugs. To each their own, I don't listen to people who speak like that in real life either because its all Fluff and I feel sorry for people who aren't confident enough to speak properly. I tried to listen to it to get some interesting facts, but I can't cut through the BS.

You're lucky you haven't had to work on a construction site. I've done several. After giving a training session on one I had one nice older gentleman slide up to me and say, "Great presentation, but one problem. Nobody listened to you because you didn't swear enough."

I don't swear. It's so rare it gets the opposite reaction, people look at me in surprise and laugh. That said, my personal distaste aside I don't discount the content of what is said despite the colourful way it is spoken.

But, if you don't like the program, that's fine too. I doubt the Krayt's are going around forcing people to listen.

20 minutes ago, LagJanson said:

You're lucky you haven't had to work on a construction site. I've done several. After giving a training session on one I had one nice older gentleman slide up to me and say, "Great presentation, but one problem. Nobody listened to you because you didn't swear enough."

I don't swear. It's so rare it gets the opposite reaction, people look at me in surprise and laugh. That said, my personal distaste aside I don't discount the content of what is said despite the colourful way it is spoken.

But, if you don't like the program, that's fine too. I doubt the Krayt's are going around forcing people to listen.

I mean i usually an drinking when i cast. Also, im loud enough that people are kinda forced to hear me, so complaints leveled at me are fair

1 minute ago, catachanninja said:

I mean i usually an drinking when i cast. Also, im loud enough that people are kinda forced to hear me, so complaints leveled at me are fair

Oh hey, I wasn't defending you guys. I was defending the rest of the colourful speakers of the world. Complaints leveled at the Krayt's are totally legit.

:)

18 hours ago, LagJanson said:

Actually I worked a Sunoco gas plant in Philly for several years, cleaning inside towers and washing outside towers and believe me people would use foul language all day. Yes I have heard of the BFH and even used it in my presentations from time to time just to get people to relax. However, when people use Foul words for no reason I just wouldn't listen to them when they said it for no reason. After about two days of me saying huh I can't hear you they get the message. It earned me the nick name of Captain America back then almost 20 years ago. People in today's world think it cool to use foul language, i'm not in that frame of mind and never have been.

Like I said to each his own. It's not for me. I believe anything you need to say can be done without foul language and disrespecting the person you are asking to do it.

One last point. The OP has succeeded in what he wanted. He wanted more people to know about the Kryats so he created a anger thread to do it.

Good Job Op. However, there is another way. Podcast better and people will spread the word, instead of using anger threads to do it. Food for thought.

Edited by eagletsi111

Hello Other Listeners,

I would like to first note that I appreciate the general feedback, but also like to clarify a few points.

We speak on the podcast as we normally speak. The podcast basically just captures a conversation between friends who like to discuss topics they themselves find interesting. It's far more akin to a book club that happens to be recorded than a podcast trying to reach an audience.

So, to that end, we are not offended if anyone chooses not to listen, or similarly not necessarily interested in changing something just because it might expand our reach. We do appreciate feedback because we are completely cognizant that other do, in fact, listen.

For instance, our sound quality was initially bad, and we took that feedback and tried (are are continually trying) to increase sound quality. Likewise, we were overly interrupting each other due to skyping without video chat, and we have moved to video chat so we can better avoid interruptions and talking over each other. This feedback was very useful.

That said, we are not interested in changing ourselves to fit an audience. We are who we are, and we enjoy the conversations we have with one another, but understand that may not appeal to everyone, and that's okay.

2 minutes ago, Tlfj200 said:

Hello Other Listeners,

I would like to first note that I appreciate the general feedback, but also like to clarify a few points.

We speak on the podcast as we normally speak. The podcast basically just captures a conversation between friends who like to discuss topics they themselves find interesting. It's far more akin to a book club that happens to be recorded than a podcast trying to reach an audience.

So, to that end, we are not offended if anyone chooses not to listen, or similarly not necessarily interested in changing something just because it might expand our reach. We do appreciate feedback because we are completely cognizant that other do, in fact, listen.

For instance, our sound quality was initially bad, and we took that feedback and tried (are are continually trying) to increase sound quality. Likewise, we were overly interrupting each other due to skyping without video chat, and we have moved to video chat so we can better avoid interruptions and talking over each other. This feedback was very useful.

That said, we are not interested in changing ourselves to fit an audience. We are who we are, and we enjoy the conversations we have with one another, but understand that may not appeal to everyone, and that's okay.

I'm sorry, but this post was far too reasonable. Can you rewrite it in Krayt-ish?

2 minutes ago, Killerardvark said:

I'm sorry, but this post was far too reasonable. Can you rewrite it in Krayt-ish?

Not enough asterisks in the world.

3 minutes ago, Killerardvark said:

If you don't ******* like the **** we're slinging then you're bad at listening. Git Gud!

2 minutes ago, Makaze said:

If you don't ******* like the **** we're slinging then you're bad at listening. Git Gud!

Much more concise. Why say in 5 paragraphs what you can say in one line?

2 hours ago, eagletsi111 said:

Good Job Op. However, there is another way. Podcast better and people will spread the word, instead of using anger threads to do it. Food for thought.

OP, surprisingly, isn't related to one of us. Actually have no idea who it is.

24 minutes ago, Tlfj200 said:

Hello Other Listeners,

And that's why the podcast is so great.

13 minutes ago, Brunas said:

OP, surprisingly, isn't related to one of us. Actually have no idea who it is.

I'm just a fan. I listen to a lot of podcasts and consequently a lot of X-Wing podcasts, and yours is absolutely nothing but truth and hilarious jokes.

It's like the radio show Loveline from the 90's and early 2000's. Dr. Drew drops solid relationship or medical advice and then it reminds Adam Carolla of the time a friend of his figured out that he could use a jacuzzi jet to fill his anus with water and hold it in in order to later shoot it out onto other people. Or A caller would ask Drew about anal beads and Adam would say, "Wouldn't it be funny if you pulled on the anal beads and a lamp turned on?"

Is there any Krayt swag that I can purchase?

Edited by SaltMaster 5000