Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

By SaltMaster 5000, in X-Wing

They say nothing but true things.

They speak plainly without euphemisms or sugar coating.

They make jokes that are actually funny.

I've only listened to their most recent podcast about the wave 11 meta.

Edited by FFGSysops
Abusive Behavior

Ok, i was cool with what you were saying until you bashed Mynock.

They are both good in their own ways!

Today is not April 1st.

25 minutes ago, MegaSilver said:

Ok, i was cool with what you were saying until you bashed Mynock.

They are both good in their own ways!

What is good about repeating Pao Lehever over and over until your listeners have all killed themselves and rambling for 20 minutes before any actual X-Wing has been discussed?

Mynock is awful.

PSA: probably not worth your time to listen to or argue with someone named Saltmaster 5000.

I'm going to call this a 'win' pretty much regardless if this is sarcastic or genuine.

...Nailed it.

Just now, Tlfj200 said:

I'm going to call this a 'win' pretty much regardless if this is sarcastic or genuine.

...Nailed it.

Yep, can't figure out if it's genuine or satire, and it's beautiful either way so who cares

38 minutes ago, Brunas said:

Yep, can't figure out if it's genuine or satire, and it's beautiful either way so who cares

It's like the old wrestling with a pig in the mud saying.

2 hours ago, Brunas said:

It's genuine. Listening to another of their podcasts today, the one titled Listener 3.

They're discussing the various scoring systems this game has/had/could have, and right now they're talking about how point fortress lists encourage not playing the game and going to final salvo if the players can't get a favorable engagement. They discuss the odds of winning with an 8 dice final salvo against 10 dice (29%) and how it's roughly 10% per die unless you only have 3-4 dice on either side.

That's solid advice. That's something that you'll never hear on Mynock. Mynock would instead fill that time previewing stuff that was spoiled a week ago and making *** jokes.

Edited by SaltMaster 5000
1 hour ago, SaltMaster 5000 said:

It's genuine. Listening to another of their podcasts today, the one titled Listener 3.

They're discussing the various scoring systems this game has/had/could have, and right now they're talking about how point fortress lists encourage not playing the game and going to final salvo if the players can't get a favorable engagement. They discuss the odds of winning with an 8 dice final salvo against 10 dice (29%) and how it's roughly 10% per die unless you only have 3-4 dice on either side.

That's solid advice. That's something that you'll never hear on Mynock. Mynock would instead fill that time previewing stuff that was spoiled a week ago and making *** jokes.

Did @Mynock Delta or @Rytackle kill your cat or something?

They go in depth a lot about certain subjects throughout all of their shows.

This will become the longest thread with the most interesting content on all forums.

Edited by GreenDragoon

To be fair, Mynocks are space rodents. No one likes space rodents.

Occasionally, I'm in the mood for listening to the Krayts. They make good points, have good ideas, and also have good meta analysis. Too bad it all lies under a layer of swearing and foul-mouthed language. To me, that's distracting and unnecessary. But YMMV; I'm just not in their core target audience.

My favorite feature podcast series to date has been "The Art of X-Wing" by the Mynocks.

Edited by haslo
typo

@Brunas I'd think this was your second account, except that even you couldn't pull this off with such purity of essence. You say nothing except true things.

I've never met a Mynock and I don't live in America.

Yet I still found myself strangely moved when Ryan won his store championship.

I suppose I'm trying to say you stay with a podcast for the people.

On 7/25/2017 at 5:22 AM, Mynock Delta said:

@Brunas I'd think this was your second account, except that even you couldn't pull this off with such purity of essence. You say nothing except true things.

So far as i can tell this is not a krayt machination, just an honest to goodness fan.

Definition of

Edited by catachanninja

I'm Jeremy Chamblee and this is my favorite thread on the forums.

2 hours ago, catachanninja said:

So far as i can tell this is not a krayt machination, just an honest to goodness fan.

Krayts rule, Mynocks drool.

3 minutes ago, SaltMaster 5000 said:

Krayts rule, Mynocks drool.

Mynocks might in fact drool.... but I think the Krayt's have a larger spray pattern due to certain tricks involving spinning and missing the target... Just saying, y'know...

6 hours ago, haslo said:

Occasionally, I'm in the mood for listening to the Krayts. They make good points, have good ideas, and also have good meta analysis. Too bad it all lies under a layer of swearing and foul-mouthed language. To me, that's distracting and unnecessary. But YMMV; I'm just not in their core target audience.

My favorite feature podcast series to date has been "The Art of X-Wing" by the Mynocks.

So few children play this game, or play this game hardcore enough to want to listen to a podcast about it, that's it's nice to have a podcast that makes actual comedy for adults.

Art of X-Wing? Isn't there one of those where they stumble through 2 full hours trying to force a comparison of various meta squads into a medieval cavalry/archer/infantry analogy? I remember that being particularly awful.

Mynocks are pretty unbeatable. Sorry about you being so wrong.

3 hours ago, SaltMaster 5000 said:

So few children play this game, or play this game hardcore enough to want to listen to a podcast about it, that's it's nice to have a podcast that makes actual comedy for adults.

This might be the first time I've ever agreed with PGS(M5K). Well, partially. I'm not sure that what the Krayts does is actual comedy -- it makes me laugh, but if anything, that's evidence against it being actual comedy -- but I think it's pretty silly for people to take offense at the profanity. They're just like the gamers I know (including myself). Parents of impressionable X-Wing youngsters should be screening their podcasts just like they screen any media. It's different than in a FLGS.

Anyway, I like the Mynocks as personalities, but they've got to cut the bloat. 2.5 hours has become the new normal. Similar feelings for Scum and Villainy; great people across the board, and now they've picked up MajorJuggler.

(In terms of what I actually listen to, S&V is first, Radio TCX second (this is all content, and professionally slick and streamlined), Mynocks, then (if I'm not completely burned out) the Cancer Cast.)

1 minute ago, Jeff Wilder said:

This might be the first time I've ever agreed with PGS(M5K). Well, partially. I'm not sure that what the Krayts does is actual comedy -- it makes me laugh, but if anything, that's evidence against it being actual comedy -- but I think it's pretty silly for people to take offense at the profanity. They're just like the gamers I know (including myself). Parents of impressionable X-Wing youngsters should be screening their podcasts just like they screen any media. It's different than in a FLGS.

Anyway, I like the Mynocks as personalities, but they've got to cut the bloat. 2.5 hours has become the new normal. Similar feelings for Scum and Villainy; great people across the board, and now they've picked up MajorJuggler.

(In terms of what I actually listen to, S&V is first, Radio TCX second (this is all content, and professionally slick and streamlined), Mynocks, then (if I'm not completely burned out) the Cancer Cast.)

I love long podcasts, the more content, the better. But that's the thing, it needs to be content, not bloat.

5 minutes ago, SaltMaster 5000 said:

I love long podcasts, the more content, the better. But that's the thing, it needs to be content, not bloat.

You think what the Krayts have is content though? I think even @Brunas would disagree with that lol

3 minutes ago, Tbetts94 said:

You think what the Krayts have is content though? I think even @Brunas would disagree with that lol

I'm in the middle of one where they're discussing rock placement and whether or not to take initiative if there is no PS or ability overlap and all that matters is who places the first rock. It's a pretty interesting discussion.

Plus, someone told a funny story about being at a friend's house in the dark and not being able to find the toilet, so he just peed in a circle. You do maximize your chances of hitting the toilet that way. I had a good laugh.

It's like Cluster Missiles or TLT. Only one of your two attacks has to hit for it to count as a hit.