Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

By SaltMaster 5000, in X-Wing

5 hours ago, Siddhi said:

This thread caused me to try out the Krayts podcast yesterday. What a waste of time! I only endured half an hour and during that time X-Wing was barely even mentioned and there was no useful or interesting information at all. The latest podcast just sounds like a bunch of nerdy guys rambling away in somebody's basement in backwater Carolina. I found myself just waiting for the sounds of Cheetos-munching and Mountain Dew-guzzling to appear in the podcast. :P Focussing more on the actual topic of the podcast and cutting down on the foul language, which adds nothing, would really help here.

You're not far off, lol. However they are making the exact podcast they want to make. Its their shtick. They're around to troll and goof off. It can be funny, but if you want actual content, I highly suggest Gold Squadron Radio or Birmingham Barons Podcast.

5 minutes ago, LagJanson said:

The episode notes did say Travis was absent. If you want content you should have flagged that fact and skipped.

I'm listening anyway because the ridiculous helps negate traffic and work stress.

Also I'm slightly nuts.

Oh I have no problem with the Krayts going off topic, I just found that was an interesting complaint given the circumstances

5 hours ago, SaltMaster 5000 said:

Make a challenge coin like Nova did and fail to have them shipped to half the people that ordered them. I'd pay $20 for a Krayt challenge coin if I had a 100% chance of getting one, after all I paid $10 for a 50% chance of getting a Nova Squadron one.

Under rated savage post. Also, do this!

I enjoy the tone of the Krayt conversations because it's the closest to actually being at a large x-wing event that I can think of. Though I think you're a bit melodramatic, whinny about things you suck against, and wrong about many rules... so yeah, exactly like being at a large x-wing event.

I don't know about the best,

i think they are good maybe you should buy them a pizza.

24 minutes ago, Killerardvark said:

Under rated savage post. Also, do this!

I enjoy the tone of the Krayt conversations because it's the closest to actually being at a large x-wing event that I can think of. Though I think you're a bit melodramatic, whinny about things you suck against, and wrong about many rules... so yeah, exactly like being at a large x-wing event.

If you make up the rules as you go, you can't be wrong. We're all playing an extended game of calvinball with the rules at this point anyways!

Also @Tlfj200 chose the best week possible to take off, now everyone is going to download that one looking for content and have to listen to very serious Pokemon discussions.

36 minutes ago, Cubanboy said:

I don't know about the best,

i think they are good maybe you should buy them a pizza.

Man im lactose intolerant, pizza will wreck my day

1 minute ago, catachanninja said:

...but it tastes so goooooooooood

32 minutes ago, catachanninja said:

I thought the podcast saying was Get Rek........

Can't say I've listened to the podcast as of yet, but Carolina has the best bbq. Extrapolating from the bbq, I could see them having a good vinegar based podcast too.

9 minutes ago, ViscerothSWG said:

Can't say I've listened to the podcast as of yet, but Carolina has the best bbq. Extrapolating from the bbq, I could see them having a good vinegar based podcast too.

Amazing post.

I know that SM5k isnt Chris. But I still keep reading it and thinking it is him.

Ben or Tyler are suspiciously not active on the forums though.

Edited by Timathius
1 hour ago, FTS Gecko said:

...but it tastes so goooooooooood

Yeah living in wisconsin and not beingable to to dairy is brutal.

Pizza or not, Saltmaster5000 is a man after my own heart

8 hours ago, Siddhi said:

This thread caused me to try out the Krayts podcast yesterday. What a waste of time! I only endured half an hour and during that time X-Wing was barely even mentioned and there was no useful or interesting information at all. The latest podcast just sounds like a bunch of nerdy guys rambling away in somebody's basement in backwater Carolina. I found myself just waiting for the sounds of Cheetos-munching and Mountain Dew-guzzling to appear in the podcast. :P Focussing more on the actual topic of the podcast and cutting down on the foul language, which adds nothing, would really help here.

2 hours ago, Brunas said:

If you make up the rules as you go, you can't be wrong. We're all playing an extended game of calvinball with the rules at this point anyways!

Also @Tlfj200 chose the best week possible to take off, now everyone is going to download that one looking for content and have to listen to very serious Pokemon discussions.

This combination made my day.

9 hours ago, Siddhi said:

If you want some real content, listen to their "Listener X" episodes

I have evidence that salt master 5k is not me

KEBsJDb.png

It can't be you Chris, that guy wants to win games. You seem oddly obsessed with finding ways to beat yourself, lol.

8 minutes ago, NervousSam said:

It can't be you Chris, that guy wants to win games. You seem oddly obsessed with finding ways to beat yourself, lol.

"Are we seriously not doing 'phrasing' anymore?"

1 hour ago, VanderLegion said:

If you want some real content, listen to their "Listener X" episodes

I, too, recommend the Listener Series !

*I have gone back and re-listened to them when preparing Listener 3, and honestly, Listener 1 is a little rough (it was my first time), so we may do a 'Listener 1:Revisted' at some point in the future.

The Carolina KRAYTS Listener Series™:
Listener 1: A Carolina KRAYTS Story

How does making big erratas/banning affect a game’s meta, and what are the consequences of taking such big actions “mid-season”?

Listener 2: A Paul Heaver Story

We sit down with Three-Time World Champion Paul Heaver to discuss his view on the game balance

Listener 2.5: Well Paul Said Bombs Are Fine, So I Guess Bombs Are Fine

How much does a current card or pilot impact a designers’ ability to create interesting effects in the future without unbalancing the game?

Listener 3: A Tournament Meta Story (Nope, Still Not Your Dice)

How does tournament structure and scoring affect game design, squad building, and in-game strategy?

Edited by Tlfj200
48 minutes ago, Brunas said:

I have evidence that salt master 5k is not me

KEBsJDb.png

You couldn't crop out my resignation?

I have gotten the most enjoyment and accurate game information from Berto @ Slingpaint and Jimbo @ Shuttle Tydirium.

60SA.gif

7 hours ago, NervousSam said:

but if you want actual content, I highly suggest Gold Squadron Radio

I mean, I appreciate all they do (especially their worlds cast), but their podcast can be really painful when they talk about an upgrade for 20 minutes and their hosts don't fully understand how the cards they are discussing works. Their discussion of unguided rockets was particularlly painful, as one host didn't even realize bombers could take it, and another didn't even realize it wasn't discarded.

Edited by Kdubb
29 minutes ago, Kdubb said:

I mean, I appreciate all they do (especially their worlds cast), but their podcast can be really painful when they talk about an upgrade for 20 minutes and their hosts don't fully understand how the cards they are discussing works. Their discussion of unguided rockets was particularlly painful, as one host didn't even realize bombers could take it, and another didn't even realize it wasn't discarded.

It would be nice if podcasters could pull out their binders before starting.

41 minutes ago, Kdubb said:

Man, that made me cringe, too, along with the assertion that taking Long Range Scanners was pointless if you took Unguided Rockets. No, you can't modify your rockets, but you can modify primaries if you take a non-rocket shot, such as when you perform a red maneuver or if you have an opponent in Range 1. They're free, man.

2 hours ago, catachanninja said:

Git gud

3 hours ago, catachanninja said:

34 minutes ago, Brunas said:

Git gud

That would be a 'Yes, he could have cropped it out.'

18 minutes ago, Tlfj200 said:

That would be a 'Yes, he could have cropped it out.'

I guess it's a good thing I rarely break character