Metric system... please consider

By TimofKings, in Genesys

Their use of the Oxford comma? That's important! Should everything use fractions rather than decimal? Can they make an actual functional index? Can all the rules be grouped in meaningful ways to simplify lookup? WILL WE GET AN FAQ/ERATTA? What about gender. Will the entire book use gender neutral language? Perhaps every reference to gender will assume female? Or will it me male(as usual!)?

There are so many BIG questions to ask!

Please stay away from exact measurements and keep it narrative, just like the Star Wars lines.

This thread has helped me identify the pedants of this corner of the community. That's good info to know if I choose to continue to hang around over here.

8 hours ago, Richardbuxton said:

Their use of the Oxford comma? That's important! Should everything use fractions rather than decimal? Can they make an actual functional index? Can all the rules be grouped in meaningful ways to simplify lookup? WILL WE GET AN FAQ/ERATTA? What about gender. Will the entire book use gender neutral language? Perhaps every reference to gender will assume female? Or will it me male(as usual!)?

There are so many BIG questions to ask!

Man I hope they don't put two spaces after a period. Once you start doing that, you can't go back. Look at me, I can't help myself!

On 7/18/2017 at 10:07 AM, TheSapient said:

Since most Americans should be able to think in metric distances, and distances would likely be the vast majority of measurements in the game (aside from time), I think metric just makes more sense, regardless of whether the US is 50% of the market.

No, not in the slightest. We have mastered, however, identifying how much two liters is!

hqdefault.jpg

28 minutes ago, Desslok said:

No, not in the slightest. We have mastered, however, identifying how much two liters is!

hqdefault.jpg

I usually convert metric to gaming units. 2 liters = 1 gaming session/TheSapient.

34 minutes ago, TheSapient said:

I usually convert metric to gaming units. 2 liters = 1 gaming session/TheSapient.

I've done the MATH on game nite for how many square inches of pizza I need to feed the horde.....no decimals or Kray super computers were used in that calculation.....

30 minutes ago, 2P51 said:

I've done the MATH on game nite for how many square inches of pizza I need to feed the horde.....no decimals or Kray super computers were used in that calculation.....

You can't get square inches on a pizza, unless you're one of those Godless heathens that eat square pizzas.

15 minutes ago, Blackbird888 said:

You can't get square inches on a pizza, unless you're one of those Godless heathens that eat square pizzas.

You can, you just have to use fractions, no frikkin filthy decimals....

3 hours ago, Blackbird888 said:

It's easy, its just pizza π *radius^2

17 hours ago, dresdinseven said:

You magnificent bastard. . . .

18 hours ago, dresdinseven said:

All good until pizzaπ hits your eye. That's a .... something.