Fanmade cards while we speculate

By Wintersong, in Legend of the Five Rings: The Card Game

based on old L5R card:

Mirumoto Shikei

5 cost

4/5

Glory 4

Champion Monk Tattooed Duelist

Action: Look at the top three cards of your Conflict deck. You may exchange a card in your hand with one of the viewed cards. Put the remaining cards back in any order. (Limit twice per turn)

"Who trusts the man who laughs?"

New Unicorn Stronghold

+2 province strength

10 starting honor

12 influence

You may include conflict cards from up to three other clans.

On 5/15/2018 at 5:08 PM, Ishi Tonu said:

New Unicorn Stronghold

+2 province strength

10 starting honor

12 influence

Unicorn conflict decks aren't struggling. It's the Dynasty deck that needs a facelift.

Edited by caseycheesecake

Based on old L5r card;

Isawa Tsuke

3 cost

4/2

Glory 2

Shugenja Fire Duelist Elemental Master

Action: During a fire conflict, target an opposing participating character - Tsuke challenges that character to a mil duel. Discard the loser.

1 hour ago, caseycheesecake said:

Unicorn conflict decks aren't struggling. It's the Dynasty deck that needs a facelift.

Agreed. However, I think this would be something they could leverage to be competitive regardless of how the dynasty pool turns out. It also feels thematically accurate to how FFG is portraying the Unicorn at this point. The Unicorn are trying to re-integrate themselves back into Rokugan so they want to borrow from, and expand their base of, allies. Their time spent outside of Rokugan has taught them a valuable lesson on using everything at your disposal to survive.

On 5/15/2018 at 5:08 PM, Ishi Tonu said:

New Unicorn Stronghold

+2 province strength

10 starting honor

12 influence

1 hour ago, caseycheesecake said:

Hmmm....

JEK_custom.jpg

Might want to tweak the wording on that, unless your intention is for Unicorn non-unique Dynasty characters to also count against your influence limit.

1 hour ago, Kaito Kikaze said:

Might want to tweak the wording on that, unless your intention is for Unicorn non-unique Dynasty characters to also count against your influence limit.

Why would they?

Influence, Influence Cost

• A player may spend influence up to the amount indicated by his or her stronghold to include out-of-clan cards from a single additional clan in his or her conflict deck.

The only change needed would be:

...to include out-of-clan cards from a single additional clan in his or her conflict and Dynasty deck s .

The rulebook says 'conflict' right now since there are no dynasty cards with Influence. Yet.

Edited by Coyote Walks

Bayushi Amoro

4 cost

4/2

Glory 2

Bushi Duelist Shinobi

Opponents attachments do not contribute bonuses in duels involving Amoro.

Reaction: When one of your other Scorpion characters are challenged to a duel - Amoro duels instead.

8 hours ago, BayushiFugu said:

Bayushi Amoro

4 cost

4/2

Glory 2

Bushi Duelist Shinobi

Opponents attachments do not contribute bonuses in duels involving Amoro.

Reaction: When one of your other Scorpion characters are challenged to a duel - Amoro duels instead.

I might be wrong, but I think he was also a yojimbo

3 hours ago, Taki said:

I might be wrong, but I think he was also a yojimbo

he was but i did not think the keyword was relevant.

Wave Tattoo

1 cost attachment (dragon)

+0/+0

Tattoo

Can only attach to a Monk character

Action: During a conflict, target a character in play - Move that character to or from this conflict.

Hida Terrai

Military 3

Political 0

Cost 4

Glory 2

Crab clan bully - bushi

Once per conflict. Target an opponents participating character to a duel of force. Bow the loser of the duel - and permanently give the winner +1 force.

"You talking to me!?!?"

images (3).jpeg

Edited by hida-terrai

Void Dragon

Unique 6 cost dynasty character neutral

Mythic, Creature, Shugenja, Void

5/5/0

When you remove fate with the Ring of Void instead move it to Void Dragon.

Air Dragon

Mythic, Creature, Shugenja, Air

4/6/1

When you gain honor from the Ring of Air instead gain that much honor plus one.

Fire Dragon

Mythic, Creature, Shugenja, Fire

5/4/3

When you honor or dishonor a character with the Ring of Fire instead honor and dishonor any characters.

Earth Dragon

Mythic, Creature, Shugenja, Earth

6/4/0

When you make your opponent discard from the Ring of Earth instead look at their hand an pick a card. They discard that card.

Water Dragon

Mythic, Creature, Shugenja, Water

5/5/1

When you ready a character with the Ring of Water instead ready a character and bow a character.

18 hours ago, P'an Ku said:

Dragons....

How about these?

Air_Dragon.jpg Earth_Dragon.jpg Fire_Dragon.jpg Water_Dragon.jpg Void_Dragon.jpg

How about this one

Yamabushi (Dragon conflict 2 inf)

2 cost

2 mil

2 pol

2 glory

Bushi. Monk

Weapon and Armor attachments cosy one less fate when attaching to this card

"Sometimes, the sound of one hand clapping is to make a fist. "

On 5/26/2018 at 11:23 AM, Coyote Walks said:

How about these?

Air_Dragon.jpg Earth_Dragon.jpg Fire_Dragon.jpg Water_Dragon.jpg Void_Dragon.jpg

@Coyote Walks from now on, you are now my #1 guy! :D

@FFG Let’s just make these cards a reality and call it done. No playtesting required.

3 hours ago, LordBlunt said:

@Coyote Walks from now on, you are now my #1 guy! :D

@FFG Let’s just make these cards a reality and call it done. No playtesting required.

Just need to add text, or create a keyword/trait that is short-hand for, "cannot be put into play"

And the Water Dragon quote needs to be
"Moisture is the essence of wetness, and wetness is the essence of beauty. "

Geisha Infiltrator

2 cost

-/2

0 Glory

Shinobi Courtier

Action: During a conflict, Bow this character and target an opposing character of 2 cost or less - Gain control of the opposing character for as long as you control Geisha Infiltrator.

"My darling samurai, I have a hairpin for you. A gift."

22 hours ago, Taki said:

How about this one

Yamabushi (Dragon conflict 2 inf)

2 cost

2 mil

2 pol

2 glory

Bushi. Monk

Weapon and Armor attachments cosy one less fate when attaching to this card

"Sometimes, the sound of one hand clapping is to make a fist. "

Probably to cheap as you have a very efficient body with a cost reduction ability here.

As long as assassinate's legal, I feel like it would be stronger as a 3-cost character, though! Begging to have juicy attachments loaded on him, but also begging to be assassinated off the face of the earth :P

23 minutes ago, Schmoozies said:

Probably to cheap as you have a very efficient body with a cost reduction ability here.

6 minutes ago, AradonTemplar said:

As long as assassinate's legal, I feel like it would be stronger as a 3-cost character, though! Begging to have juicy attachments loaded on him, but also begging to be assassinated off the face of the earth :P

That was my thinking aradon, great character but risky

Togashi Renma *

2 cost

2/2

Glory 1

Monk Tattooed

You may play this character as an attachment with the Ability: Attached character does not bow during resolution of Mil conflicts.

Edited by BayushiFugu

Kakita Wa *

3 cost

2/4

Glory 2

Bushi Duelist

Action: During a conflict, your opponent chooses a participating character - Wa challenges that character to a Pol duel. If Wa wins, the opponent cannot play events until the end of the conflict. Otherwise, bow Wa.