Reforging the Shards (Tvay's Painting thread) Now with more Uthuk!

By Tvayumat, in Runewars Painting and Modeling

Nicely done. I like the muted tones.

Whoooo-ee! I need to post some updates!

I've finished off a LOT of basic reanimates, but it's hard to get too excited about them. At least I'm not fielding any gray plastic anymore! (usually)

Worked up the Latari Memorial and Dimoran Fissure. Need to put some finishing touches on each yet, but I tend to be very stop and go with these things.
28abu3Oh.jpg

Been trickling along filling in the ranks of my Waiqar forces with some more Reanimate Archers, and added bowstrings and blight to the bases and arrowheads, as well as finishing off a standard bearer to serve as my oft-used Raven Standard (Or what-have-you)
qujpwEbh.jpg isNAjk0h.jpg

And finally, riding a wave of motivation to do more work on the upcoming Uthuk, I've gone ahead and prepped some extra trays for their forthcoming Berserker and Flesh Ripper occupants.
K90VZpPh.jpg

Astounding! I love the new terrain pieces. And your Reanimate Archers seem to just POP! I love it!

Stellar terrain and those bases look nice, the pointy rocks are it.

11 hours ago, Tvayumat said:

Whoooo-ee! I need to post some updates!

I've finished off a LOT of basic reanimates, but it's hard to get too excited about them. At least I'm not fielding any gray plastic anymore! (usually)

Worked up the Latari Memorial and Dimoran Fissure. Need to put some finishing touches on each yet, but I tend to be very stop and go with these things.
28abu3Oh.jpg

Been trickling along filling in the ranks of my Waiqar forces with some more Reanimate Archers, and added bowstrings and blight to the bases and arrowheads, as well as finishing off a standard bearer to serve as my oft-used Raven Standard (Or what-have-you)
qujpwEbh.jpg isNAjk0h.jpg

And finally, riding a wave of motivation to do more work on the upcoming Uthuk, I've gone ahead and prepped some extra trays for their forthcoming Berserker and Flesh Ripper occupants.
K90VZpPh.jpg

Those bases look great.
How did you make those pointy rocks? Up close they look like wooden sticks sharpened with a hobby knife.

Edited by Polda
6 hours ago, Polda said:

Those bases look great.
How did you make those pointy rocks? Up close they look like wooden sticks sharpened with a hobby knife.

My thanks!

And you're close. They're various thicknesses and shapes of sprue whittled into points with a hobby knife. Since the trays are polystyrene, they plastic cement to them very solidly.

A few brief updates!

I might have already done a little prep work, but I managed to get the Pillaged Cart together.

Vl6nE6Fl.jpg nQr8o3Il.jpg

Also magnetized all 32 Berserkers and 8 Flesh Rippers, assembled/greenstuffed my Ravos, and started a bit of work on the Spined Threshers. Ravos is HUGE btw, and made of the same stiffer, tougher PVC that the AT-DP from the new IA box set is made from.

plKf0KKl.jpg diMx714l.jpg

Edited by Tvayumat
1 hour ago, Tvayumat said:

A few brief updates!

I might have already done a little prep work, but I managed to get the Pillaged Cart together.

Vl6nE6Fl.jpg nQr8o3Il.jpg

Also magnetized all 32 Berserkers and 8 Flesh Rippers, assembled/greenstuffed my Ravos, and started a bit of work on the Spined Threshers. Ravos is HUGE btw, and made of the same stiffer, tougher PVC that the AT-DP from the new IA box set is made from.

plKf0KKl.jpg diMx714l.jpg

You lucky son of a... gun. I don't even know if we're getting them in November. :-/ Fingers crossed.

The wagon is great.

Edited by Polda

First that beastly stronghold now that wonderful card,. You make awesome wood planks.

What are you using as a cutting tool?

2 hours ago, Darthain said:

First that beastly stronghold now that wonderful card,. You make awesome wood planks.

What are you using as a cutting tool?

Flush cutters, believe it or not.

@Tvayumat I'm very intrigued by the green stuff mods you mentioned. I've got my own mods planned for Ravos and Spined Threshers, so I'm excited to see what you do. If course, at my rate, I'll only have the flash trimmed by time you're finished with these boxes.

58 minutes ago, Tvayumat said:

Flush cutters, believe it or not.

Are you using popsicle sticks/stir sticks then, not foam?

53 minutes ago, Darthain said:

Are you using popsicle sticks/stir sticks then, not foam?

Pretty much. Split down the middle with a hobby knife makes a good width plank.

1 minute ago, Tvayumat said:

Pretty much. Split down the middle with a hobby knife makes a good width plank.

I was wondering how you made foam such great and realistic wood... The simplest answer is always best, I forgot about the easy way to do things.

1 hour ago, Budgernaut said:

@Tvayumat I'm very intrigued by the green stuff mods you mentioned. I've got my own mods planned for Ravos and Spined Threshers, so I'm excited to see what you do. If course, at my rate, I'll only have the flash trimmed by time you're finished with these boxes.

Curious what mods you have planned for Ravos. I'm adding some loose guts on his scythe or at least that's the idea. We'll see how it turns out.

1 hour ago, Tvayumat said:

Curious what mods you have planned for Ravos. I'm adding some loose guts on his scythe or at least that's the idea. We'll see how it turns out.

My plan is ambitious and someone will probably beat me to it. I want to cut off his bag and create a piece of cloth on his right side to cover that area. The overall goal is to make him look like the art. I probably need two army packs eventually so I have one Ravos as a backup in case I screw him up.

Edited by Budgernaut
6 minutes ago, Budgernaut said:

The overall goal is to make him look like the art.

I wholeheartedly support this plan.

I am personally trying to "de-evolve" the Uthuk aesthetic by taking them back to their deeply tanned, less ghostly pale roots.

Wonderful work!! Bravo and thanks for sharing.

You should do a few youtube videos on how to do that terrain! Your terrain not only looks amazing, but it also looks like it would play well with the trays! Runewars Terrain vids would be huge. I'm a complete terrain newb and would love to have something like that on my table.

Let's freshen this place up a bit, eh?

4w3pGVJ.jpg 4WbYtKP.jpg

Thresher WIP

OrhO9FX.jpg DWRL2ft.jpg

Rippers and Ravos soon to come.

Now for something a bit deader...

QFdsSFB.jpg

Plus bowstrings and blight!

t3Bxq2G.jpg

Gorgeous work! I love the glowing symbols on the Death Knight's armor. The dripping blight is also a really nice touch. Great job!

Your Berserkers look perfect! It makes me regret making them all ash gray, but I'm not about to change them all. I definitely want to add markings as you have done - it really brings them to life. Great work!

In the process of a move, so it may be a bit before I get anything new posted, but in the meantime a well applied drybrush goes a long way toward getting models on the field!

R7x9gXE.jpg

1bfe5ts.jpg

YKORgXG.jpg

On 6/22/2018 at 3:38 PM, Tvayumat said:

In the process of a move, so it may be a bit before I get anything new posted, but in the meantime a well applied drybrush goes a long way toward getting models on the field!

1bfe5ts.jpg

YKORgXG.jpg

So that's where all the Court of Gamers' Flesh Rippers have gone ... ;) (I tried to pick some up today but they were sold out)

I love the stone spikes protruding from the ground!

On 6/20/2018 at 10:13 AM, Tvayumat said:

I'mma need some more pictures of these bad boys plox