N-1 Naboo Starfighter for X-Wing

By Odanan, in X-Wing

39 minutes ago, GrimmyV said:

I see N-1 as rebel, Eta-2 as imp and V-wing as Scum. Perhaps the Droid fighters can be part of a Scummie Campaign set. I would LOVE an Imp BTL-B, either in beautiful white and gold or Empire Grey. The Delta-7 was just too rare in the Empire to justify a model in this game I think.

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! That's not true, that's IMPOSSIBLE!

ok then, what about the V-19?

Yes, N-1 for Rebels, Eta-2 for Imps (Vader and "evil" astromechs) and V-Wing or Droid starfighters for Scum (I prefer the droids because I find the V-Wing horrible). FFG could, from times to times, add some of the Prequel ships to the game, as long as if they make sense in the Rebellion Era (all of those 4 do).

The perfect Wave 12 for me is: N-1 (Rebels, with Leia as pilot), Gunboat (Empire) and Gauntlet (large ship, Scum, with Maul as pilot). There is stuff for everyone: Prequel ship, Legends ship and New Canon (and Star Wars Rebels) ship. A "Rebel Veterans" pack (with Rogue One X-Wing and Y-Wing) would be a huge plus.

V-19 is another of those very impractical designs (although good looking), and wasn't even in the prequel trilogy. Also, I don't know if it was mentioned in the new canon as present in the Rebellion Era.

1 hour ago, GrimmyV said:

So yeah, I think the N-1 is more likely to be released than the Imperial Gunboat. Sorry folks.

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! That's not true, that's IMPOSSIBLE!

Search your feelings. You know it to be true.

1 minute ago, AwesomeJedi said:

Search your feelings. You know it to be true.

We will get both!

37 minutes ago, Odanan said:

V-19 is another of those very impractical designs (although good looking), and wasn't even in the prequel trilogy. Also, I don't know if it was mentioned in the new canon as present in the Rebellion Era.

In the Thrawn novel, they're referenced as being present in the era leading up to Rebels.

23 hours ago, banjobenito said:

TPM is shot like a TV movie. Static cameras. Arbitrary Mise-en-scène. Causally disjointed, due to endless bluescreen shenanigans.

TFA is pretty limited sometimes, but at least it has a coherent and recognisable visual language. Framing is tight; character movement is dynamic and it tends to leads scene changes; sets and props contribute to the picture in meaningful ways (foreboding, melancholy, symmetry, etc.). TFA also uses props and location to great effect to draw the viewer in, in a way that is simply absent in TPM.

TPM has tight thematic focus? I'm sorry, but it's thematically tone deaf! It moves from farce to tragedy to boredom all in the space of 5 minutes. Its themes are muddled - intergalactic book-keeping and derringdo: Apprenticeship and absurdity. Ultimately, theme hangs from the shoulders of character, and TPM is just bereft of decent characters. Obi Wan is the only person in the film, and that's more down to McGregor's stubborn acting than direction, arc or development.

I could go on, but I'll leave it there. As I said before, it's true that TFA is a magpie of a film, lining its nest with stolen jewels, but I'd take a clever magpie over a lame turkey any day...

Love the analogy. And pretty much agree with your entire assessment. To all the TFA detractors, all I can say is the story arc is not done yet. Lots of books take 100 pages to get interesting. . .

23 hours ago, Turbo Toker said:

The ARC is tolerable as long as it just stays the ARC. There is a strong argument to be made that it brought a lot gameplay-wise to the game, a small base with a crew slot and aux arc. The Naboo Starfighter is just goofy looking, and wouldn't be any different from a Z-95 or Syck.

The only thing going for TPM is the sweet light saber fight at the end of the movie. That's it.

Part of what makes Star Wars so good is the lived in universe it's set in. It's some weird combination of World War 2 and 1970's retro futurism . Everything that's not Imperial has a grimy, used feel to it.

Everything being bluescreened and looking like a Playstation 2 game does not fit Star Wars. Jar Jar Binks is not Star Wars. Gungan Waterworld is not Star Wars. That Chicago bean thing ship is not Star Wars . The gungan vs. battle Droid fight does not make the movie have an epic scale.

1. This is a Star Wars game. I want ships in the game because they are SW, not to fulfill a new game mechanic. That's have we get lame waves like XI.

2. Yep. Only to feature one of the stupidest defeats of a cool character in cinematic history.

3. With an Art Deco esthetic, especially in TFA. The FO stormtroopers scream art deco to me. And I love art deco.

4. It's Cloud Gate, BTW. Leave my bean out of this; I'd love to see the H-Type Nubian. ;)

47 minutes ago, Odanan said:

The perfect Wave 12 for me is: N-1 (Rebels, with Leia as pilot), Gunboat (Empire) and Gauntlet (large ship, Scum, with Maul as pilot). There is stuff for everyone: Prequel ship, Legends ship and New Canon (and Star Wars Rebels) ship.

I'll second that. I also think a lot of the Prequel ships (V-Wing, for example) would make great all-faction ships. There is no reason to think the Clone Wars surplus didn't wind up everywhere and in everyone's hands. With a few exceptions (like the N-1, and the Aerhersprite), it seems silly to arbitrarily decide "what faction gets them."

Edited by Darth Meanie
12 minutes ago, Ironlord said:

In the Thrawn novel, they're referenced as being present in the era leading up to Rebels.

V-19! V-19! V-19!

Its canon thanks to Clone Wars and it's a cool funky design and needs to be in our lovely game. Thrawn's book is enough of a book to get it in, and in the proper faction...except for the whole 'it's not a TIE' thing.

26 minutes ago, GrimmyV said:

V-19! V-19! V-19!

Its canon thanks to Clone Wars and it's a cool funky design and needs to be in our lovely game. Thrawn's book is enough of a book to get it in, and in the proper faction...except for the whole 'it's not a TIE' thing.

While they had been in the hands of the Imperials - they come into the story several weeks later, after having been stolen by pirates (along with a frigate) for use against the Empire.

40 minutes ago, Ironlord said:

While they had been in the hands of the Imperials - they come into the story several weeks later, after having been stolen by pirates (along with a frigate) for use against the Empire.

Eh, scummie Torrent works too. Double missiles, b-roll, plenty of hull and shields with 2 agility, decent dial but not too fast, it might work. Too bad scum is already pretty heavy with low cost warhead carriers.

11 minutes ago, GrimmyV said:

Eh, scummie Torrent works too. Double missiles, b-roll, plenty of hull and shields with 2 agility, decent dial but not too fast, it might work. Too bad scum is already pretty heavy with low cost warhead carriers.

Could be Rebels Torrents. Just like with the ARC. Clone Wars themed lists, here we come :D

1 hour ago, Ironlord said:

Could be Rebels Torrents. Just like with the ARC. Clone Wars themed lists, here we come :D

Not Rebels. Scum.

I hope the Eta-2 never comes into the X-wing game purely because the model would be absurdly small if printed in scale. I don't want to shell out $15 for a ship half the size of an A-wing.

I could see the V-wing for Imperials some day. Droid Starfighters for Scum some day. Naboo Starfighter for rebels probably in the next wave or two.

14 hours ago, SabineKey said:

Personally, I'd say 2 att. The dial is a too much. Droid pilots also have difficulty with maneuvers as shown by the IGs, Guri, and Chopper. Splash some red on the turn arounds at least or bump up the price. Like the idea of programs. Not sure about boost, but think the no focus is an interesting caveat.

Better now?

x_wing_miniatures___vulture_droid_by_oda

1 hour ago, Odanan said:

Not Rebels. Scum.

In the Rebels era, there's kind of an overlap. Look at Sabine - available to both factions as a pilot - in different ships.

Or Nym - will be available to both factions, in the same ship.

17 minutes ago, Odanan said:

Better now?

x_wing_miniatures___vulture_droid_by_oda

A bit.

12 minutes ago, SabineKey said:

A bit.

What if it just had an abysmal dial but it came with a modification that allows any ship to be the 'control' ship. And the droid fighter had a baked in title that allowed you to either reveal your own dial or change your maneuver to match the control ship's dial. That way they could be really effective until the control ship was blown up at which point they are just relying on their own basic programming.

1 minute ago, KommanderKeldoth said:

What if it just had an abysmal dial but it came with a modification that allows any ship to be the 'control' ship. And the droid fighter had a baked in title that allowed you to either reveal your own dial or change your maneuver to match the control ship's dial. That way they could be really effective until the control ship was blown up at which point they are just relying on their own basic programming.

Theoretically, it sounds like it has promise. Certainly gives them a unique flavor.

Vulture Droids are pretty small...I'd probably want to see them as two or three per standard or large blister pack. I may not buy many, but I'd buy some.

N1 Starfighter? Sure. I'll buy it, too.

1 hour ago, Strawhat said:

Vulture Droids are pretty small...I'd probably want to see them as two or three per standard or large blister pack. I may not buy many, but I'd buy some.

I thought for smaller ships like that or the eta 2 or delta 7 that it might work to have a two pack, but they would share the same base. Kind of like how Starfighters are in armada.

The stats could either be doubled, or you'd still have two separate pilots that would just do a double attack each round while both are still alive or something.

Edited by AwesomeJedi
Double Post

Vulture class droid Starfighters are listed in Wookieepedia's canon section as being 6.96 meters long. A-wings are 9.6 meters long. So yeah, they'd be a pretty small model.

Maybe 2 per small base? That would justify 3 attack dice.

On 4/9/2017 at 8:03 AM, Odanan said:

The perfect Wave 12 for me is: N-1 (Rebels, with Leia as pilot), Gunboat (Empire) and Gauntlet (large ship, Scum, with Maul as pilot).

You know, I was just thinking...the one thing the Scum faction needs more than anything else is some more large base ships.

24 minutes ago, kris40k said:

You know, I was just thinking...the one thing the Scum faction needs more than anything else is some more large base ships.

But but...more Mandalorians...(and Maul)

13 minutes ago, SabineKey said:

But but...more Mandalorians...(and Maul)

If we are bringing out and dusting off the N1, bring out the Belbullab-22 starfighter for Scum. Gen Grievous as a pilot and the Souless One title.

11 minutes ago, kris40k said:

If we are bringing out and dusting off the N1, bring out the Belbullab-22 starfighter for Scum. Gen Grievous as a pilot and the Souless One title.

I only advocate the N-1 as a Rebel ship in the Rebellion era. Let the Clone Wars out of this game, please.

1 hour ago, KommanderKeldoth said:

Vulture class droid Starfighters are listed in Wookieepedia's canon section as being 6.96 meters long. A-wings are 9.6 meters long. So yeah, they'd be a pretty small model.

Maybe 2 per small base? That would justify 3 attack dice.

Which is why an attack of 3 is so jarring. It's a swarm ship, considerably more so than the basic TIE.