Community Rules Reference Guide (CRRG)

By Sadgit, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

I will add these points to the CRRG.

Your view is correct. When monsters engage heroes they try to move into an adjacent space regardless of Reach (or Extend).

CRRG Version 1.13. (01/2019)
corrected several "Related Topics" with wrong "Modify results of rolls" keywords
modified position of bullets on action in entry Familiars
corrected side quest assignment for BotW and SotS
corrected formatting in entry Acts
corrected mechanism for cards drawn in the Upgrade stage of The Delve in entry Stages
modified entry Crumbling Terrain
modified entry Steps of Combat/Declare weapon and target
added entries Bone Wand, Boneborn Bow and Soulbound Sword to section 2.3

Edited by Sadgit

@Sadgit , Thank you for continuing to take the time to maintain this document, despite the lack of additional content from FFG. I, for one, appreciate it !

Edited by any2cards

Here too. Many thanks!

As there are not too many changes in the next version of the CRRG atm, I decided to wait for the release of Lost Legends to be able to include the new content in version 1.14.

In addition, I would like to include stuff from Embers of Dread. It would be fantastic if you guys can help me here.

1. For the table "Story Quests" (p. 83) I need a list of map tiles used in each story quest (including alternative tiles).

2. For the graphic "Campaign Structure" I need the names and sequence of play of any EoD story quests along with XP gained (p. 83).

Edited by Sadgit

Hello Sadgit I hope this helps you:

The quest structure itself is linear (Quest 1 to Quest 6). No alternate layouts, no alternate quests depending on win/loss.

Quest details:

Quest 1 (no name given, I'd suggest "Embers of Dread"): 8, 9, 10, 11, 14, 15, 16, 20, 28, 37, 39 Loss: 1 XP / Win: 1 XP
Quest 2 ("Head of the Snake"): 4, 6, 19, 25, 35, 37, 40, 42, 43 Loss: 1 XP / Win: 1 XP
Quest 3 ("Fire with Fire"): 4, 5, 7, 10, 12, 31, 32, 35, 43, S1 Loss: 1 XP / Win: 1 XP
Quest 4 ("Catacombs of Dread"): 8, 10, 11, 13, 14, 16, 17, 18, 22, 23, 27, 28, 43 Loss: 2 XP / Win: 2 XP
Quest 5 ("Unearthed Truths"): 2, 5, 9, 28, 31, 36, 37, 39 Loss: 2 XP / Win: 2 XP
Quest 6 ("The Dragon Revealed"): 1, 2, 3, 8, 10, 14, 19, 32, 34, 35, 43x2

I added the additional information that Delphi provided to version 1.14 of the CRRG along with other changes. However, I decided to wait for the release of Lost Legends to be able to add the additional hybrid classes before I will post another update on the CRRG.

In the meantime Erik and me managed to finish our work on Sands of the Past. We will do another round of proofreading and hope for a release within the next 2 weeks. I will keep you updated.

Edited by Sadgit

Another round of CRRG updates is welcome as always Sadgit, but I'll admit I'm more excited to see the release of the Sands of the Past! Do we have any more spoilers to tide us over until the release in a couple of weeks?

We are looking for native English speakers to help us with proofreading. If you qualify, I you're up to some major spoilers :)

Edited by Sadgit

I can certainly help if it would be useful. I'll send you a PM with my email.

Release Notes
----------------
CRRG Version 1.14. (08/2019)
modified entry Sneaky
modified entry Entrance and Exit
added uFAQ to Burrow
updated images for Nimble and Reinforce
modified entry Andira Runehand
added Pest Control to available side quests in table 3.1
added details for Embers of Dread in section 3
added uFAQ for All-Knowing
added uFAQ for Tide
added Lost Legends classes to entry Classes and table 3.1.
modified entry Monsters/Monster traits with higher quality images

Release Notes
----------------
CRRG Version 1.15. (11/2019)

FFG is no longer supporting the game and additional uFAQs seem to be unlikely. Unfortunately, several of the cards introduced in Lost Legends suffer from ambiguities and timing issues. I decided to suggest minimal modifications for problematic cards to resolve these issues. Suggestions of this kind will be called "Community errata" in the CRRG. Note, that the purpose here is resolving rule issues only not re-balancing.
added community errata for Nature's Fury
added community errata for Sun and Sea
added community errata to entry All-Knowing
added community errata for Blight Extraction.
added community errata for Unholy Bond
added rule to keep hero tokens on Class cards when transitioning from one encounter to another to entry Encounters
added rule that all hero tokens are returned to their supplies in the cleanup step in entry Campaigns/Campaign phase
added errata to quest Taskmaster (TCtR) (GER only)
modified entry Quick Recovery
replaced all images of cards by the fantastic higher-resolution versions created by any2cards.

Barring some miraculous change on FFG's part, I am assuming that 1.15 will be the official last release of the CRRG. Given that, I want to thank you very, very much for all of your hard work and effort in creating and maintaining this superb document. It made playing D2e and resolving arguments animated discussions much easier.

You are a credit to the community.

Now, I think I will go get this final version professionally printed.

Thanks for your kind words. As always it's a great pleasure to interact with this fantastic community and provide support.

It is indeed very likely that this is the last version of the CRRG. Maybe I will add some minor "community errata" later on, but I would like to keep those at a minimum.