Four Factions on Organized Play Store Poster

By Elliphino, in Runewars Miniatures Game

2 hours ago, Elrad said:

To me that's indeed the swift looking faction : acting with less delay than any other one

That's how it worked out in Runewars with the unit initiative system. They also had a unit with the fast keyword for great movement.

Edited by Muz333

Gahhh!!!! I feel like I'm on a yo-yo. I got super hyped after the objectives news article, then the organized play article made me realize I really don't have the time or money for this, then this poster just made me melt with excitement.

But man, why do they keep using the Obscene as the poster-child for the Uthuk Y'llan? It's my least favorite Uthuk unit. I would have preferred a Flesh Ripper or Blood Sister. I suppose we did get Flesh Rippers on the BattleLore box, though.

But, holy cow! Elves! After waiting for them in BattleLore for so long, I'm just so super excited to see them being teased for Runewars!

EDIT: After looking at the poster again, I realize that Daqan and Waiqar have their heroes represented, so maybe the Uthuk and Latari are showing their heroes as well. I can see now why some of you are speculating on either a second core set (which I would love) or faction starter kits for those two armies to mirror the core set armies (which I think is more likely). Also, that means the Uthuk guy isn't necessarily an Obscene. Or rather, even if he is, he's probably got a name. Now the really exciting bit is that I think he already has a name and I think we know it. In BattleLore: Command, there was a unique Obscene hero-type unit you could muster. Unfortunately, I don't remember his name and I haven't unlocked him since getting my new computer, so I don't remember his name at the moment. I'm super bummed about that. Here's his picture from the app, though.

rkp1o952rbVYCQMo6G-r-q_Otm09G2q9vyOCZ2MG

EDIT 2: I found his name! Ravos the Everhungry.

Edited by Budgernaut
5 hours ago, Muz333 said:

W hat we should really be asking is are the Latari Elves going to be decent? In every other game they've felt subpar (Runewars and the Runeage). I feel like in this game they should be good with quick initiative manoeuvres and I'm expecting some excellent archer units.

I agree with your assessment of the Elves in Rune Age (though I think the expansion improved them a lot), but I disagree regarding Runewars. I've played the elves a lot and found them to be a descent faction. I never felt like they were under-powered in that game.

Someone should photoshop that poster to include "Have you seen me?" over the Elves for Battlelore 2nd Edition.

*sniff*

40 minutes ago, Budgernaut said:

But man, why do they keep using the Obscene as the poster-child for the Uthuk Y'llan? It's my least favorite Uthuk unit. I would have preferred a Flesh Ripper or Blood Sister. I suppose we did get Flesh Rippers on the BattleLore box, though.

EDIT: After looking at the poster again, I realize that Daqan and Waiqar have their heroes represented, so maybe the Uthuk and Latari are showing their heroes as well. I can see now why some of you are speculating on either a second core set (which I would love) or faction starter kits for those two armies to mirror the core set armies (which I think is more likely). Also, that means the Uthuk guy isn't necessarily an Obscene. Or rather, even if he is, he's probably got a name. Now the really exciting bit is that I think he already has a name and I think we know it. In BattleLore: Command, there was a unique Obscene hero-type unit you could muster. Unfortunately, I don't remember his name and I haven't unlocked him since getting my new computer, so I don't remember his name at the moment. I'm super bummed about that. Here's his picture from the app, though.

EDIT 2: I found his name! Ravos the Everhungry.

I adore the Flesh Rippers. I don't think I'm capable of playing Battlelore without fielding all my Flesh Rippers and I'm confident they will appear in the miniatures game!

It didn't even occur to me that they were possibly showing the hero units for the Uthuk and Latari there. Good find on the Battlelore app, I don't have the app myself as I dislike that there are rule changes from the boardgame.

Perhaps the Elves aren't actually all that bad in Runewars and I think the resources play a much bigger part than the chosen faction. That said they are always the last picked here but I think that's just more down to personal preferences. I'm an Uthuk man all the way through but Waiqar is definitely my fall back.

I, too, an am Uthuk player, with the Latari as my secondary faction. I usually get stuck playing Latari in Runewars because nobody else wants to be them and I really don't mind them that much.

Can't wait to see the models for Elf.

The expansion to runewars the boardgame changed the elven sorceress to allow the latari player to choose which unit is banished from battle. That tiny change fixed their power level (still don't like the Leonx riders in that game though)

Seeing Ravos on the poster means we might eventually see Malaana, which means ... HYPE!

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

Yes, she is a Blood Witch riding a giant two-tailed scorpion.

Edited by Budgernaut
45 minutes ago, Budgernaut said:

I've played the elves a lot and found them to be a descent faction

I confirm that the Latari are a DE S CENT faction... this last game does have them and some are really de c ent ^^ Nicely done by the way

Edited by Elrad
4 minutes ago, Elrad said:

I confirm that the Latari are a DE S CENT faction... this last game does have them and some are really de c ent ^^ Nicely done by the way

:blink: Good catch. That was me failing English.

Edited by Budgernaut

we should see a BIG flood of information at GAMA 2017 which will tie in nicely with the core set release.

57 minutes ago, Budgernaut said:

:blink: Good catch. That was me failing English.

No worry, I liked it to be honest you did a true reference to one of the most famous games set in Terrinoth... ;)

If they made a core set of the Uthuk and the Latari, I'd probably buy two and keep both factions! The current core set, I only marginally like the Daquans. I am so excited by this development!

Elves riding wolves.

Welp. So much for me not buying this game.

2 hours ago, Budgernaut said:

Seeing Ravos on the poster means we might eventually see Malaana, which means ... HYPE!

Yes, she is a Blood Witch riding a giant two-tailed scorpion.

Well, ended up buying the game for my PC (although the resolution looks terrible on my monitor) despite not liking that the rules have changes. It was worth it just to get a small intro video on the Uthu Y'llan though!

11 minutes ago, FatherTurin said:

Elves riding wolves.

Welp. So much for me not buying this game.

Giant cats and pegasae actually, not wolves

7 minutes ago, Taki said:

Well, we've seen cats and pegasi before, but the poster shows a wolf-like creature, so it appears we have yet another mount for the Latari.

3 minutes ago, Budgernaut said:

Well, we've seen cats and pegasi before, but the poster shows a wolf-like creature, so it appears we have yet another mount for the Latari.

I think it looks catlike, but maybe that's just me?

11 minutes ago, Taki said:

You say this like it will somehow not convince me even more...

Just now, FatherTurin said:

You say this like it will somehow not convince me even more...

I actually don't care about convincing you as you're too far away from me to game with, I just care about you knowing the truth about the subject matter as far as I perceive it

On 1/30/2017 at 2:59 PM, Taki said:

I think it looks catlike, but maybe that's just me?

It actually looks like a cross between a cat and a bear.

In fact....it's pretty darn close to an actual bearcat (but angrier and bigger).

Commander, release the binturong!!!!

Edited by FatherTurin

Hey man, I'm just having fun here. My main point was that the art looks awesome and could lead to a sweet elf faction in a minis game that isn't just a reskin of Tolkien.

honestly, I've always loved the Runebound world fantasy art, ever since Battlemist and Diskwars. I can't wait to have units or heroes of the Deep Elves and Dragon hybrids!

1 hour ago, Budgernaut said:

Perhaps that will be the Latari Elves thing, countless amounts of cavalry units riding different wild beasts into battle! Actually, that would look great even if it was only done as different sculpts for their cavalry unit where they ride in on a mix of beasts.