Four Factions on Organized Play Store Poster

By Elliphino, in Runewars Miniatures Game

Getting more excited than ever. One, because I'm thrilled about these factions, two, because the poster has already been received by stores.

16403416_1812433129030337_33479075178473

Huh. Possible alternate core set featuring elves and uthuk?

Or maybe separate starting kits which feature a similar number of troops as the core but with only one faction?

The mind boggles.

Mindblowing! Great! I hope it will be a second core set! Please, please, please let it be a second core set!

an alternate core set with the two others factions ? How, There I'm totally hyped by the possibility... but no false hope please. Let's wait and see....oh no i can't hold it back : YEAAAAAAAAAAH (or not...)

Bet they'll announce a 2nd core set a month after this hits the shelves, then the poor elf players will have bought 2 core sets.

Great the Uthuk guy looks interesting, are they some kind of demons?

1 hour ago, Iceeagle85 said:

Great the Uthuk guy looks interesting, are they some kind of demons?

They are a tribal people that hunt and feast on demon blood, causing all sorts of mutations. They also tame other demons to fight in their ranks.

As for the poster it confirms what we already knew, that the two other factions were being worked on. However, I don't want to get overly excited yet as I doubt they will be available at release. Although I really hope they are as I'd like at least a starter set of each faction!

Edited by Muz333

Really great news and poster of course! :)

There are so much opportunities then, how they could release those other factions. E.g. as a second core set, or army bundles/boxes!?

Iam curious to see how FFG will make the already known Undead and Human armies available, separately from the core set in the future!?

Does anybody know something about possible boxes/products and their contents besides the core set, already? ...

3 minutes ago, Fomorian said:

Does anybody know something about possible boxes/products and their contents besides the core set, already? ...

The only thing we know for certain is that blister packs will be available with units, leaders, musicians, mages and mounted/unmounted heroes.

Edited by Muz333

Let's just hope they will bring both army packs and duo/individual characters blisters.

But how do we know (I mean, i am not well informed) that there will be leaders, musicians and maybe banner bearers ? I think they will allow heroes to be incorporated in regular units to "buff" them up ?

And also, I hope they will publish a book like they did with Androïd to have a good fairly detailed picture of the universe. It would help all players to delve into the universe.

Edited by Elrad
2 hours ago, Muz333 said:

They are a tribal people that hunt and feast on demon blood, causing all sorts of mutations. They also tame other demons to fight in their ranks.

Sounds good, could be amy second faction after the Waiqar.

@Elrad

We know about musicians and stuff because they were already seen, just look here .

17 minutes ago, Elrad said:

And also, I hope they will publish a book like they did with Androïd to have a good fairly detailed picture of the universe. It would help all players to delve into the universe.

Yeah that iam missing the most at the moment, that we don't have a good overview over Terrinoth actually. I don't own any game of the Runebound universe so far, a source book, or novels which could tell stories within the universe would be really welcome from me :)!

They have already strongly hinted that a runebound background book is coming.

How, that's good news Toqtamish, did they mention it a long time ago ?

Wasn't that long ago. Video with frank discussing the game at worlds 2016 I think.

49 minutes ago, Elrad said:

How, that's good news Toqtamish, did they mention it a long time ago ?

I think they said something about it at Gencon as well as they are keen to build a solid lore for Terrinoth. To paraphrase something I remember from one of the demo games they wanted players to care about specific heroes and sub factions, such as a specific squad in the Daqan.

I'm looking forward to it as all my other games in Terrinoth only provide a small snippet of lore which doesn't offer a lot of depth. I'd be really interested to know more about the Utuk Y'llan and the Orcs.

Edited by Muz333

I imagine they will have releases similar to X Wing and Armada. Probably packs for each of the units from the Core alongside 1 new unit each for wave 0. Then the new factions in wave 1. Perhaps 1 elf unit in wave 0.

four armies in the poster which is something good, what is not good is how are those going to get released? and when?. what is the content of the core set box currently on the boat ? they want us to pre order without even telling us what comes in the box ?

fantasy flight you can do much better and i just hope what happened with destiny release wont happen with this game

Tomorrow's preview is lore related as well. Maybe more will be mentioned about future lore releases ala World of Runebound or some such book and/or what is included in the box for a lore book

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :lol:

Love that we're up to four factions, but I'm still waiting on the announcement of other product besides the core set and dice. Even an announcement of a product that won't be out till Q3 would be enough.

What about a leak concerning the production and release calendar while we're at it ? :P I'm both joking and dreaming (but which one first ? I hesitate :D )

Well thanks to all for your precisions. I look forward to read what they've cooked for us tomorrow.

4 factions planned is bringing room for melee battles 2vs2 or 1v1v1v1v1 or 3v1... ... well like a Golem would say : 3 poorly equipped footmen against 1 Angry overpowered Golem in a hurry !

10 hours ago, Kubernes said:

Love that we're up to four factions, but I'm still waiting on the announcement of other product besides the core set and dice. Even an announcement of a product that won't be out till Q3 would be enough.

I'm sure wave 0/1 will be announced before the release of the core set.

Edit:

What we should really be asking is are the Latari Elves going to be decent? In every other game they've felt subpar (Runewars and the Runeage). I feel like in this game they should be good with quick initiative manoeuvres and I'm expecting some excellent archer units.

Edited by Muz333

There again - and do note that I haven't played any of the games Muz333 mentioned before (Runeage and Runewars) - I think it depends on what they want to do with their Latari. The background they have for them should help designing that army. I too hope that they won't end breaking any of the four factions but I think we can have hope in them and just see what's coming.

To me Latari is indeed the swift looking faction : acting with less delay than any other one, being able to reform quite quickly while benefiting from good mages specialized in blessings and buffs or summoners to bring giant bears or... oh wait I'm still in my own little world out there :-)

Edited by Elrad

I hope they release starter army boxes for the other factions instead of a second core set...