Palpatine
eSentry Droids
eJet Troopers
rOfficer x2
Zillo
Rule by Fear

Can you post your card list to go with this? Im super interested

I haven't come up with one yet....

Hey a new episode has been recorded and is being shipped off to our editing factory in on Bespin.

As far as my command deck @Chicobrew

• Lure of the Dark Side
  • Repair
  • Call the Vanguard
  • Fuel Upgrade
  • Element of Surprise
  • Take Initiative
  • Negation
  • Inspiring Speech
  • Planning
  • Shared Experience
  • Targeting Network
  • Wild Attack
  • Ready Weapons
  • Fleet Footed
  • Grenadier

Preview of the video i'm editing right now:

empire1.jpg?width=832&height=468

It's here!

As always, your video and audio quality is fantastic. So easy to follow the action.

On 1/28/2018 at 10:47 AM, Fightwookies said:

As always, your video and audio quality is fantastic. So easy to follow the action.

I don't know about the first part, but thank you very much. I'm glad you like it. :)

I was toying around with this very list for my friend to try at a local tourney, he loves he imps and jet troopers specifically. Our command cards are also almost identical, the synergy between the droids jets and at is very strong with almost no pigeon hole cards.

to me this list is all about keeping the at dp alive for as long as possible so it can do some serious damage.

Edited by FrogTrigger

Just watched your video RL, what do you think was the downfall for you in that match? Was it the initial round?

20 hours ago, FrogTrigger said:

Just watched your video RL, what do you think was the downfall for you in that match? Was it the initial round?

SPOILERS! :P ;)

Hard to say. I think not getting better positioning, especially on crates, in the first round was a big part of it.

TIME TO CHOOSE

We're probably going to be recording another video tonight so respond soon.

Would you rather see

Quantity vs Quality or Quantity vs Quantity?

That is, imperial trooper spam (around 18-20 figures on the board) vs Han/Luke/Chewie/Leia

Or Imperial trooper spam vs Rebel trooper spam ?

1 hour ago, Rogue Dakotan said:

TIME TO CHOOSE

We're probably going to be recording another video tonight so respond soon.

Would you rather see

Quantity vs Quality or Quantity vs Quantity?

That is, imperial trooper spam (around 18-20 figures on the board) vs Han/Luke/Chewie/Leia

Or Imperial trooper spam vs Rebel trooper spam ?

Quantity vs. Quality is my vote. I played in a tournament on the weekend where an old school trooper build beat out all of the new meta builds.

Quantity vs. Quality here too! Very curious to see how figure spam does against titans, especially Rogue Han and Chewie the Avenger.

1 hour ago, NeverBetTheFett said:

Quantity vs. Quality is my vote. I played in a tournament on the weekend where an old school trooper build beat out all of the new meta builds.

Curious what was that build? I've been playing around with some trooper builds myself. Right now I've really liked:

12 E. Ranger
9 R. Ranger
8 E Echo Base
6 R. Trooper
3 Gideon
2 C3P0

I like this list with the hunter/trooper cards because your Rangers and Echo troopers are still packing a big punch (even the regular Echo's with the red die up close) and the regular troopers are great objective runners but still have access to Grenadier and while holding objectives Aim kicks in. Focuses are obviously limited but still available and I also just like adding extra activations with the RCP. This list might also be interesting with 3 smugglers instead of the R. Troopers, or 2 smugglers and RHC. Not sure if you would have to alter the CC list then though, I like something like:

3 Grenadier
3 Assasinate
2 Tools for the Job
2 Call the Vanguard
2 Reinforcements (x2)
1 Negation
0 Celebration
0 Wild AttacK
0 Urgency
0 Positioning Advantage
0 Element of Surprise
0 Ready Weapons
0 Planning
0 Take Initiative

33 minutes ago, FrogTrigger said:

Curious what was that build?

Super old school...

2x e-Stormy

2x r-Stormy

r-Royal Guard

Zillo

Rule by Fear

None of his command cards were very new.

All of his games were close including one against me that he won on the last roll.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a Map/Scenario for Quantity vs Quality that won't favor one side over the other?

I'm leaning towards Jabba's Palace.

2 hours ago, FrogTrigger said:

Curious what was that build? I've been playing around with some trooper builds myself. Right now I've really liked:

12 E. Ranger
9 R. Ranger
8 E Echo Base
6 R. Trooper
3 Gideon
2 C3P0

I like this list with the hunter/trooper cards because your Rangers and Echo troopers are still packing a big punch (even the regular Echo's with the red die up close) and the regular troopers are great objective runners but still have access to Grenadier and while holding objectives Aim kicks in. Focuses are obviously limited but still available and I also just like adding extra activations with the RCP. This list might also be interesting with 3 smugglers instead of the R. Troopers, or 2 smugglers and RHC. Not sure if you would have to alter the CC list then though, I like something like:

3 Grenadier
3 Assasinate
2 Tools for the Job
2 Call the Vanguard
2 Reinforcements (x2)
1 Negation
0 Celebration
0 Wild AttacK
0 Urgency
0 Positioning Advantage
0 Element of Surprise
0 Ready Weapons
0 Planning
0 Take Initiative

I'd include the 1 cost Concentrated Fire and tough luck instead of tools.

NEW VIDEO!

4 hours ago, Rogue Dakotan said:

NEW VIDEO!

Great job! Chewie loses his ability to add blocks to adjacent figures with his new attachment though, so Han would have died either way.

11 hours ago, TheWelcomeMat88 said:

Great job! Chewie loses his ability to add blocks to adjacent figures with his new attachment though, so Han would have died either way.

/facepalm

I dunno how I missed that. Oh well. Doesn't seem to have effected the outcome of the game much...

the next FAQ needs to give Protector back to Chewie.

43 minutes ago, Rogue Dakotan said:

/facepalm

I dunno how I missed that. Oh well. Doesn't seem to have effected the outcome of the game much...

the next FAQ needs to give Protector back to Chewie.

Yup Chewie needs all the help he can get :/

Maybe we should all make a gentlemen's agreement to let Chewie keep Protector and have him able to Slam twice during an activation. :P

24 minutes ago, Rogue Dakotan said:

Maybe we should all make a gentlemen's agreement to let Chewie keep Protector and have him able to Slam twice during an activation. :P

Agreed. Let the Wookie win.

Quantity vs Quality was fun to watch, and I feel like it illustrates how the law of averages works (same way that the "death by 1,000 cuts" strategy does with Ugs). Clear use of figure count to hold objectives, too.

It's also a good example of steady firepower against finesse play -- fewer chances to forget your abilities and whatnot when you just bum rush figures and roll dice constantly. A bit of different activation order and leaving Han LoS on turn one, and you'd have a more balanced game here.

I'm not convinced the Quantity list would beat a meta-titan right now -- most of them have a good mix of both quantity and quality -- but it's definitely a reminder to pay attention and not underestimate small unit attacks!

8 minutes ago, GottaBadFeelingAboutThis said:

Quantity vs Quality was fun to watch, and I feel like it illustrates how the law of averages works (same way that the "death by 1,000 cuts" strategy does with Ugs). Clear use of figure count to hold objectives, too.

It's also a good example of steady firepower against finesse play -- fewer chances to forget your abilities and whatnot when you just bum rush figures and roll dice constantly. A bit of different activation order and leaving Han LoS on turn one, and you'd have a more balanced game here.

I'm not convinced the Quantity list would beat a meta-titan right now -- most of them have a good mix of both quantity and quality -- but it's definitely a reminder to pay attention and not underestimate small unit attacks!

Glad you enjoyed it!

Yeah I feel like I needed to play perfectly to have been able to come out on top. Missing all those opportunities to play Debts Repaid, missing SoS, and missing out on some free attacks from Han were MAJOR.