Showcase: T65 X-wing

By Piscopas, in X-Wing Painting and Modification

To everyone who posted pics: Nice Work The colors add a nice touch of zing to what's usually a ho-hum scheme out of the box. Well done!

Tweaked up a bit more.

P1270038_zpsu2kzrn5n.jpg

On 1/26/2017 at 5:25 PM, Force Majeure said:

Well, you're going to need a lot of apostrophes!

How about "M'aar Vess". And a little fluff for back story: M'aar was stationed on Atollon until Admiral Thrawn routed the Rebels from Chopper Base.

Heh. Well the leader is, lore-wise, my Bothan-turned-Jedi Drovus Fen'dor. :P M'aar might work, though!

Love the engine glow Kep.

2 hours ago, juxstapo said:

Love the engine glow Kep.

+1

Gorgeous engine glow

Good idea to Start doing this again.

I remember we had a separate ship "Display" section in the last iteration of the Paint forum.

good to see someone has started it up again, makes a great place to go for Inspiration.

So ill add a few of my X-wings........although a bit Boring compared to the superb Repaints on here so far !

Standard finish inspired by the Movie Model props, but using the Existing FFG finish and enhancing with Pencils.

gcmZFq.jpg

8oeIvA.jpg

TVOJ8k.jpg

IocB5w.jpg

Looking forward to seeing more Funky T65 repaints.

and what the next " Ship Clarification" section will be.

All the best, Barry. :D

Edited by Barry Harker

Barry gets top nomination for "Graphical Fidelity"... which I'm going to lobby to become a "thing" in this community. ;)

I went with the classics for my T-65s.
I also like the weathered look for my rebels. I still have one more T-65 to repaint but I don't know which OT pilot to do... Any suggestions?

Luke in Red 5

IMG_20160107_131756_zpsed5umstl.jpg

IMG_20160107_131839_zpsc32omdjv.jpg

Biggs in Red 3

IMG_20160111_131656_zpsrzzmz3sp.jpg

IMG_20160111_131746_zpsuazoyykw.jpg

And Wedge in Red 2

IMG_20160926_122505_zpsypcjlz3p.jpg

IMG_20160926_122611_zpsj5pqpcdw.jpg

Edited by Red 7

Beautiful. The candy stripes on the cannons are insane!

Love these t-65s. Barry, what's your technique? It looks very crisp and sharp.

23 hours ago, BlodVargarna said:

Love these t-65s. Barry, what's your technique? It looks very crisp and sharp.

Thanks Blod,

Here is a link to how I did them, Really simple..........just coloured Pencils ! :D

Nice and easy, have fun.

All the best,

Barry.

My two X-Wings so far:

Edrio's Cavern Angels X-Wing a.k.a. partisan X-Wing

ZIKabHa.jpg

X-Wing: Shadow Leader - low-vis fighter

wHs7gQR.png

Some beautiful T-65 X-Wings in here.

This is my little ugly duckling. It was my first ever repaint. I hit it with a spray can of Rustoleum Black Lacquer Furniture paint. Still, I can't help pulling this one out when I fly a T-65.

MEoJo14.jpg

Great repaints and touchups here, given me some Ideas.

I haven't done a repaint as such yet, still trying to decide on a scheme for my fleet. Here's one I posted several days ago, for everyones favourite mustachio'ed pilot,
Biggs the Fire Magnet! I hope no-one minds it being here too, I gather this is a thread to gather all the T-65 paints together?

Fire Magnet compressed pic.jpg

Biggs brought his brown pants.

RiJbQpw.jpg

On 31 januari 2017 at 6:33 AM, Red 7 said:

I went with the classics for my T-65s.
I also like the weathered look for my rebels. I still have one more T-65 to repaint but I don't know which OT pilot to do... Any suggestions?

Luke in Red 5

IMG_20160107_131756_zpsed5umstl.jpg

Biggs in Red 3

IMG_20160111_131746_zpsuazoyykw.jpg

And Wedge in Red 2

However did you get the lines so smooth and the candy strips so clean?! Wonderful work!

Every time I see someone paint a x-wing so well, i cry inside, because they will usually NEVER see the light of day on the table as an x-wing. Just a biggs HP upgrade....

7 hours ago, Zeoinx said:

Every time I see someone paint a x-wing so well, i cry inside, because they will usually NEVER see the light of day on the table as an x-wing. Just a biggs HP upgrade....

If I ever get the confidence to paint my own (and the paint/brushes) you can bet they'd be seeing the play table. I have never used Biggs oddly enough . I've got a custom epic battle coming up with my friends. All Rogue One styled rebels for me, I'm sadly missing some blue squadron x wings to fly. :'( hopefully one day!

5 hours ago, BlueSquadronPilot said:

If I ever get the confidence to paint my own (and the paint/brushes) you can bet they'd be seeing the play table. I have never used Biggs oddly enough . I've got a custom epic battle coming up with my friends. All Rogue One styled rebels for me, I'm sadly missing some blue squadron x wings to fly. :'( hopefully one day!

Rogue One never happened, everyone knows that Kyle Katarn landed on a roof of a super secret Imperial Installation and infiltrated the compound during a Imperial Coms Blackout (Which is the only explanation of why alarms were never sounded EVER throughout the entire mission) .....stole the plans,

danuta2.jpg.f32535d1c7b4f9ff281f314160f77cb8.jpg

as well as a pair of night vision goggles, a E-11 Blaster Rifle, plenty of energy cells for it, and a handful of personal shield gens with a few batteries thrown in for good measure, He also completely dominated the Imperial Garrison stationed there, leaving none alive, except perhaps a single mouse droid, as he was to lazy to chase after it and he didnt need any more batteries anyway for his flashlight. Then he was evacuated off the roof near where he entered by Jan Ores........END STORY...... >.> Now leave me alone, Kyle needs to help the Alliance stop an unknown new stormtrooper force that can destroy a rebel base almost by THEMSELVES....and Im not talking a squad of robot talking Death Troopers....who dont exist either....... @_@

On 3/27/2017 at 3:32 AM, Polda said:

Biggs brought his brown pants.

RiJbQpw.jpg

That is wonderful. I think folks tend to go too far into the beat up and rundown sometimes when doing rebel ships. This is a nice balance.

What is the general technique for that cockpit lighting?

So many beautiful X-wings... :wub: Gotta start trying to paint ships!

Here is my first repaint!

A modest X-wing.

vchJImm.jpg

8cYapyx.jpg

yZHUu3R.jpg

0py1ys0.jpg

AMZ0VfV.jpg?fb

Now you need to give it call sign!

Making this post as a reminder, I have a t65 repaint that I'm taking to the stele open painting contest. I'll post pictures of it after that unless someone else does it there for me. It's biggs in his red 3 exploding.