What houserules do you use for Road to Legend?

By Tokatasa, in Road to Legend

Pretty much the topic. What houserules do you use, when you play RtL App?

We have 2:

• If Peril is active: If a skilltest that is required to proceed in the level failed three times, for this skilltest, the hero who failed three times get -1 Shield for this skilltest (so, 6 times failed -2 shields, 9 times failed -3 shields.)
  • "Monster does not resolve a Action that would kill them" - we ignore those rules for things monsters are "not supposed to see/know" - most prominently the traps of the trapper rogue class - this bufs the heroes, but adds storywise.

I am not using any house rules. But I will be thinking about it, next time, as with well-organized parties Kindred Fire seems be a piece of cake (hard difficulty) as soon as you acquire some gear and understood how to play around the AI. Frankly, I am a bit disappointed. Maybe The Delve is more difficult? I have not tried it much actually.

Parties I have in Kindred Fire:

Ispher - Apothecary
Silhouette - Shadow Walker
Window Tarha - Runemaster
One Fist - Beastmaster

Mordrog - Berserker
Sir Valadir - Champion
Mad Carthos - Conjurer
Augur - Disciple

I guess I will be doing random heroes next (maybe 1 of each archetype?) and see how that goes.

Edited by Sadgit

I'd strongly recommend the community class rebalance https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/233645-road-to-legend-class-rebalancing/ It sadly seems to have stopped development, but even the changes so far are a dramatic improvement in making the classes more balanced for RtL play, and also makes the game less stompable by using the previously OP class combinations.

Edited by MuKen

Tried a Delve for the first time last night with a friend that had never played before. We used Champion/Wildlander/Disciple/Runemaster. All base game characters except Champion, used Reynhart. We absolutely wtfsmashed our way right through. I was shocked how easy it was from start to finish.

Definitely need to try it on hard mode, hopefully hard mode makes it at least somewhat challenging. The difficulty leveling seems far to low on normal in all 6 stages of the one Delve I have done so far. That's with using any monster decisions already being whatever is worst for the heroes. If hard mode doesn't make it challenging we'll have to start houseruling something.

Edit: Oops, guess my experience with Delve last night was pretty biased. I realized a little bit ago that we were using Blast wrong, we were not halving the damage to the adjacent monsters. Not wiping out the full groups of goblin archers, spiders repeatedly, fire imps, etc before they ever got to do anything probably would have made a difference in the experience :D

Edited by Kaaihn

It's gone both ways for us in Delve. I've had it pretty rough in one delve with no armor showing up in any of the drops and we have lost a couple due to some bad luck. One loss was because I played it wrong, just because a monster has fly doesn't mean they should of been able to leave the pit...ohwell

We also use Delve more for trying out different hero/class combos that seem more fun individually than going for best team, best synergy.

General house rules for us are:

1. When making decisions for the Monsters it is always WWtOD (aka whatever choice would have been the best for the Overlord).

2. Characters who have skills/abilities/feats that reference the Overlord cards in some capacity (such as Elder Mok) allow us to ignore a monster or peril effect when invoked (depending on what the text says). I know FFG's official stance is to say that these skills/abilities/feats have no effect, but it seems silly to just discount them when it is pretty easy to re-implement them using the above guidelines.