By Green Knight, in Star Wars: Armada Battle Reports

Warlord Zepnick v Roquax

Scenario: Jamming Barrier

Initiative: Roquax

Results

Roquax: 400

Warlord Zepnick: 0

Edited by BiggsIRL

Finished a great game with Dab Darklighter.

7 - 4 to me with an MOV of 70

Jamming barrier with debri fields... not a lot of ship to ship shooting happened... but so many squadrons!

No log because I'm lame.

Green Knight vs miedomeda: 10-1 (MoV 309)

He was 1st player and we played my Contested Outpost.

Once again I got 120 points from the objective. Guys, this is NOT a good choice for you :)

My Vader ISD-Demo-Raider-Goz-Screen vs his Ozzel Demo-Arq-Raider-3xGoz-Heavy screen
Since miedo was running 6 small ships with Ozzel, he had last/first (and then some) activation control and superb speed management.
He also had a strong anti-squad screen, but with minimal anti-ship capacity, so not really a concern for me.
I set up defensively around the station, denying one flank through deployment and fire arcs, forcing him into an advance down the center. His low number of actual fighting ships made opening up the other flank difficult, and also hazardous as I would be able to turn into the attack (eventually this is what he tried to do, but with mixed results).
Round 1 + 2 saw us jockeying for position, but due to the initial setup and subsequent maneuvering I think miedo found it difficult to fully exploit his MSU board control.
Round 3 was action-packed. He opted to go first with his raider to avoid some ISD fire, but landed in the side arc of my raider. My ISD then whiffed terribly, even with Vader, got a strong volley from Demo in return. Then the dice gods decided to favor me, and my Raider pretty much nearly killed Demo with a SIDE ARC SHOT and then mauled miedos raider with the other side arc. Raiders can dish out a lot of damage...but I've never seen side arcs this effective. Demo was finished off by long-range side arc fire from my Demo, who then proceeded to wipe out a flotilla for good measure...before a Valen Rudor bombing run blew up the poor Demo.
Round 4 saw his raider finish my raider, before fleeing...but it didn't get far, taking shots from Avenger's side arc...and a bombing run by none other than VALEN RUDOR, MAN OF THE MATCH!
The rest of the match was me collecting tokens, killing his Arquitens and some squadrons shooting at each other.

Another scorched earth game with an impossibly close score as Broba v Emfrank goes in favor of Emfrank 6-5 with a 29pt MOV.

At turn 3 I will admit I thought I had him, Jerrod was down, and my ships were slipping past his blockade and heading toward his deployment. With the slow turning victory's against my MSU I saw the quite liklihood of a 10-1 in my favor after a few more rounds blasting his rear and the objectives were scored.

Then one victory put up the exact shot he needed out his rear, accuracy and a double hit on two reds with no rerolls, which sent demo off the table.

Then, immediately shot out his front arc dealing 12 damage with a single front arc blast to Ozzel's Arquitens, sending it from full health full shields to sitting on the sideline.

After that I was too depowered, and though my bombers chewed through another victory, that one activation tilted the game out of my reach.

Props to emfrank for putting himself in the position to get those rolls, and being a great opponent each time I've played him.

So that is two 6-5 losses for me, so I will be shooting for the moon in my game vs. Maturin which is scheduled tentatively for Weds or Thurs night, Sunday at the latest.

Fleet Patrol Battle Report.

BMcDonald7 vs Dupy.

9-2 301 to 66 in favor of BMcDonald7

Closer game than the score. We both made some mistakes including me ramming the back of my ISD into my Demo turn 1...

Ginkapo vs Aresius 147 MOV 8-3

Played Aresius' Capture the VIP.

Should write this up tomorrow

Ard (W) vs Comatose (L)
8-3
216 MOV
272-56

Replay

My Mon Mothma 30/30/30/30/75/75/75 vs Comatose's Madine 30/30/30/75 + 6 rogues.
I had bid, and we played his Blockade Run.

He deployed cautiously at speed 1, while I deployed deep but at speed 4. He deployed his admiral charging down the edge of the table, with a turtle shell of shrimp blockers surrounding him. An early all-in gamble paid off for me, as a narrow drift in behind a blocker followed by a solid roll from my H9 Admonition got me the shot I needed to pop Madine's lifeboat early. Losing the maneuverability really hurt Comatose, having deployed in such a way as to take advantage of it, and from there I was able to stagger my opening shots to pop two of his three remaining shrimp (didn't even try for Admonition...).

I ended up having to trade away my two throwaway transports, but joke's on you, buddy: those were droid ships anyway. The rogues did their sandpaper thing, but couldn't quite focus down either Mon Mothma or Lando before they jumped to hyperspace at the end of round 6.

Fantastic game against a skilled opponent and great sport, who I'll definitely try getting back to for a rematch down the road.

This one just came down to who had more MC30's. ;)

Edited by Ardaedhel

PT106 vs Warlord Zephick

7 - 4 (318-251) MoV 67

Warlord was a first player and we played Contested Outpost.

This was a very close game - I totally lost a squadron battle by being too greedy in the beginning (Lost all my squads while only killing Dengar). The ship battle was mostly a pizza slice fight around the station with Demo flanking into my ISDs rear. We traded ISDs on round 4 and then my second ISD was fleeing from Demolisher. In the end it did survive and was able to kill Demolisher round 6 from a lucky side arc shot that dealt it 7 damage (and that changed the outcome from 6-5 in Warlord's favor to 7-4 in mine).

It was a good game with a pleasant opponent who did show me some tricks to learn about a squadron game ;)

Reath28 vs Matt-Shadowlord (Pod 1):

123-12 to Reath28. MOV 111 (7-4).

Unfortunately missed the logfile on this my bad.

Summary:

Shadowlord had the bid and selected first player. He then choose Fighter Squadron as the objective. Obstacles were placed heavily in the centre of the field with both Admirals deploying behind them. I deployed the Raider a little far forward which resulted in it getting some early attention from those Akbar side arcs. Luckily, mainly due to some poor rolls on Shadowlord's part and some obstructed results allowed the Raider to survive. My Gozanti was also allowed to slip through enemy lines on one health after a big hit with an accuracy preventing the scatter.

Shadowlord sent in his squadrons which I was able to whittle down with a side shot from my raider followed by some high damage output from Mauler and the other Aces. My Gozanti and Raider were then able to slip through enemy lines to safety and a life of non activity for the rest of the game.

My ISD then came into the picture and was unsuccessful in dealing enough damage to destroy any of the Akbar Guppies prior to the end of the game.

A very close game, and absolutely well flown by Shadowlord. He is an excellent player who I honestly dread to play against again. I wish him all the best in the remainder of his games and hope he can push through to represent the Aussies against the other pods.

Result post updated.

Current state of the WC.

POD 1:

5 of 6 games played

Reath28 has seized the 1st place with 26 pts.

MattShadowlord is in 2nd place and even if cactus beats him 10-1 he can't catch up.

JRockNZ and thecactusman17 are both out of the running I'm afraid.

To elimination rounds: Reath and Matt.

POD 2:

3 of 6 games played

Ginkapo has two solid wins now.

Aresius has one very strong win and a loss.

Dr. Alex is in real trouble, with 2 losses and only 5 pts.

NebulonB has yet to play a single game.

To elimination rounds: I'm guessing ginkapo and one other :)

POD 3:

4 of 6 games played

Green Knight has a solid lead with 3 wins.

Miedomeda has only 1 PT, but he has 2 matches still to go.

Lord Pryor and GS3 have similar scores after 2 games, and with a good final match either one could qualify.

To elimination rounds: Myself and one other (impossible to tell which)

POD 4:

5 of 6 games played

Skykake has a solid 23 PT after 3 battles. Probable 1st place.

Maturin also looking solid with 13, and 1 battle left (vs Brobafett). With a 10-1 in the final game he could claim the 1st place on better MoV.

Brobafett has 10 PT, 3 less than Maturin, so he'll need an 8-3 or better vs Matruin in the final game to claim 2nd place in the POD (7-4 is not enough due to MoV).

Emfrank is down and out, despite a win in his last game.

To elimination rounds: Skycake, followed by Maturin or possibly Brobafett.

POD 5:

5 of 6 games played

JJ with a solid 22 is in the lead. Mdh could climb past him with a 10-1 in his last game.

Mdh and Itzsteve both have 2 matches played and similar scores (13 and 10, respectively). Their last match will decide who goes on to the elimination rounds.

HERO. One loss vs. JJ and then threw in the towel.

To elimination rounds: JJ, followed by Mdh or possibly Itzsteve.

POD 6:

4 of 6 games played

Ninja has a comfortable lead with 1 game left.

Comatose also looking decent, 3 games played and 15 pts. Not sure it will be enough.

Ardaedhel with 1 solid win and 2 games left to play.

Moodswing is down and out.

To elimination rounds: Ninja and either Comatose or Ardaedhel, depending on how well Ardaedhel does in his 2 remaining games.

POD 7:

3 of 6 games played

Truthiness and PartyPotato both have 2 games played and the same moderate scores. The need to do well in their last match to have any hope of making it.

Zanos has only 1 game in, but it's a solid victory.

DabDarklighter has played 1 game, which he lost.

To elimination rounds: Hard to say. Every player could still make it.

POD 8:

4 of 6 games played

Roquax looks strong. One 6-5 loss there, followed by a 10-1. He only needs one more decent game to make it.

PT106 has 2 games and 13 pts. He can make it with a moderate loss against Thanos.

Warlord has 3 games played and only 12 pts, so he's out.

Thanos has 1 game and moderate points. if he can beat both PT and Roquax he can still qualify.

To elimination rounds: Roquax and PT106, in any order.

Hope I didn't miss any games - or had any major brainfarts!

And thus ends (slightly more than) the first week of POD play. You guys are very prolific in gaming.

Truthiness defeats DabDarklighter 400-16 (10-1, 384 MoV). Dab deferred to me as first player and I picked his Intel Sweep. It was quick and brutal, with his flagship/objective ship CR90 going down before the end of the second turn. Gallant Haven tried to hang on, but just couldn't take the concentrated fire of so many Vader red dice. Nobody got the objective points as we went 1-1 on tokens. Damned VCXs. Thanks again to Dab for being patient as I disconnected over and over and over.

Edited by Truthiness

Truthiness defeats DabDarklighter 400-16 (10-1, 384 MoV). Dab deferred to me as first player and I picked his Intel Sweep. It was quick and brutal, with his flagship/objective ship CR90 going down before the end of the second turn. Gallant Haven tried to hang on, but just couldn't take the concentrated fire of so many Vader red dice. Nobody got the objective points as we went 1-1 on tokens. Damned VCXs. Thanks again to Dab for being patient as I disconnected over and over and over.

VLOG available here (sorry, it starts part way through the first turn): https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_FgIiCO2tvpXzhmMTFGN2pqYkE

As Truthiness mentioned it was a quick and brutal game. My strategy was to keep the tokens away from him with the VCXs while I slowly collected them with my corvette, Unfortunatly for me, I got too close to the ISD and became toast pretty quick. I made a few other mistakes in deployment and the first couple VCX strategic moves, but learned a great deal.

Thanks again for the game.

Finished a great game with Dab Darklighter.

7 - 4 to me with an MOV of 70

Jamming barrier with debri fields... not a lot of ship to ship shooting happened... but so many squadrons!

No log because I'm lame.

So, I have the vlog for this one as well:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_FgIiCO2tvpTnhBdTUweUlWQzQ

Brobafett vs Maturin is done! 387-337 in my favor. Broba won the roll off and chose to go first, selecting my Fire Lanes as the mission.

It was a very, very close game, and in the end I was left with only my MC80 with two hull points, and two VCX's, while BrobaFett had two ships (Arquitens and Gozanti) and a lot more squadrons ready to pounce. A well timed repair command and Reinforced Blast Doors managed to keep the MC80 operational until it could jump into hyperspace. This game was full of Wave 5 shenanigans - Jendon, Rhymer and a friend hunted Yavaris down, the Arquitens' DTTs helped a little, and the VCX's dragged those fire lane tokens around quite a bit, while relaying Yavaris' double taps for a crucial turn, allowing the B-wings to take out Demolisher. In the end the game could have easily been a 10-1 blowout for Broba, if his red dice had been just a bit more consistent. There was an epic roll of 4 blank reds.....a great game with a great opponent. Many thanks, sir!

logfile: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_IfQaBa5d6mUHM4Mjh2cklRb1U/view?usp=sharing

Edited by Maturin

Big congratulations to an excellent opponent, Maturin. It was very close, and a really fun game.

I had 10 points going in and needed an 8/3 at least to pull into a qualifing slot. Maturin had the advantage of only needing to play a denial game, and both of us deployed with no tricks, he was going to tank up on the obj tokens, and i was going burn hard right into him and go for the table, because with him farming tokens that what it was going to take for me.

Maturing sniped demo early while i thought he was safe via those Yavaris'd B-wings. Relay is so useful! And sneaky! I could have FCT'd Jendon to tie them up and Demo woukd have lived to another round, but I did not even notice I was in threat range till it was too late! Excellent props to Maturin for that, it was pure skill.

In the end the most important victory here was the mental game which also went in maturins favor. Now that I have slept, and I have the benfit of a clear head and hindsight, the number of opportunities that I just plain missed that would have led to a potentially different outcome are going to haunt me all the way to next years tournament.

Did you play Emfrank yet, Broba?

Yup 3 6/5 losses with mov ranging from 6-50.

Emfrank had one of his vsd's get acc/double out the rear to kill my 2 hull demo running away at long range and then fired out the front for 3 double reds 3 hit/crit blacks against my admirals arquitens who was about to sneak into his rear and it was too much. I could take one of them going down, but didnt have the guns in his rear when i finally got there to chew through enough hull with my leftovers and bring down all the vsds.

Maturing sniped demo early while i thought he was safe via those Yavaris'd B-wings. Relay is so useful! And sneaky! I could have FCT'd Jendon to tie them up and Demo woukd have lived to another round, but I did not even notice I was in threat range till it was too late! Excellent props to Maturin for that, it was pure skill.

If it helps you sleep better.... I have often had the same thought with my VCX's and FCT's.....until my opponent inevitably points out that they (and Jendon) are heavy . :(

And honestly, the B-wing thing was really just luck. I thought Demo might end up in the vicinity, but was lucky that they were both in range...

A fun game indeed!

Edited by Maturin

You are right of course! Whew! One less thing for me to feel dissappointed about!

I literally was kept up last night agonizing over how i could have turned that into a win, so any weight off my shoulders is a relief!

Edited by BrobaFett

Congratulations to POD #4 for being the first POD to actually finish every single game!

And to Skycake and Maturin for moving on to the elimination round!

Congratulations to POD #4 for being the first POD to actually finish every single game!

And to Skycake and Maturin for moving on to the elimination round!

Preview of POD#4's advancers(?) on Tuesday.