Seeds of Corruption!!!

By maxam, in Road to Legend

If you go to Collection in the App and tap an item it tells you what it unlocks in RtL. Lieutenants packs typically unlock a peril effect that summons the lieutenant in RtL so if your peril goes up you might see them even outside of the campaign script.

"A group that lingers too long

and does not bring the fight to their foes may find themselves facing peril
effects of increasing severity.
Peril effects occur at the end of various rounds, causing monsters to
spawn, dealing damage, or generally inflicting harm on the heroes."

So essentially peril effects come into play if your overall time is to long? Or you've spent to many actions and haven't advanced far enough in the map? How does it tell where you are though? Based on what you've interacted with?

No clear rules when peril sets in are available as far as I know.

We can assume that the game keeps track of the number of rounds in relationship to the progress (opening doors, interacting with objective token and such) to determine if a group of heroes is too slow.

Edited by Sadgit

Hi. I NEED HELP. I want to play the nerekhall expansion for road to legend on my ipad but the expansion doesnt appear. I already buy the delve expansion and finish the kindred of fire and the tutorial. Whats the matter?

Thanks in advance.

Hi. I NEED HELP. I want to play the nerekhall expansion for road to legend on my ipad but the expansion doesnt appear. I already buy the delve expansion and finish the kindred of fire and the tutorial. Whats the matter?

Thanks in advance.

I would go to the app store app and see if there is a RTL update that has not downloaded yet. You need version 1.3.0. Also, sometimes updates do not download if your storage is at max.

I would like to mention that i do not quite understand why in our quest 4 of SoC we have Trystaine that is explainig that our dear friend Verminous is a traitor when until now we never did business with the Rat King. He never appeared during the fluff, we are not even supposed to know who he is talking about. How can he betray us when we never had a deal with him ?

So that s it, no logic at all in the story line, quite a pity, particularly when until then the story was so cool.

Edited by Tintaglia

I hope this is the right place for this question:

We are playing the Seeds of Corruption campaign and have come across the following. After the second main quest (we did the one where you go into the mansion and get a bunch of loot), the shop items in the city were all Act II items. However, the app never mentioned that we are now in Act II -- and it does seem a bit early for that as well, since we have gathered 3 XP only. So, we are now obliterating these poor Act I creatures with our high-powered weapons, which feels too easy.

Does anybody know when the campaign transitions into Act II?

Thanks so much.

The app gives a clear indication when the transition to act II happens. In SoC it was midquest for me last time. However, the availability of shop items is independent from the transition to act II. Available items are randomized each time players visit a city, depending upon certain factors such as the city players are visiting, fame, and their progress in the campaign.

You were just lucky that good act II weapons showed that you could afford. Have fun slaughtering monsters.

BTW: Are you on hard or normal difficulty?

The items depend only on your fame level and have been rebalanced, partly to allow for RtL differences and partly just to improve things. Act1/2 no longer applies to items. The act2 items you got probably weren't the best act2 items.

Additionally SoC has very low thresholds for fame levels, it maxes out at **Spoiler** 42, after that you have only the best gear available, which happened very early in our campaign.

Thank you Sadgit and BruceLGL for the comprehensive answer!

We are playing on hard difficulty.
We had stashed about 1000 gold at this point (after selling all other gear), so that we could afford three Act II weapons. Together with the Shadow Rune from an earlier quest, this is pretty good kit for the party.

Thanks again.

Kinda off topic but saving money is a bad tactic in RtL. Items sell back to the shop for full value last I checked, so there's no penalty for spending early and often.

Edited by Proto Persona

That's correct - you want to have all your money in assets, rather than in the bank.