Seeds of Corruption!!!

By maxam, in Road to Legend

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/12/20/seeds-of-corruption/

Oh wow, oh wow, oh wow.

Very interested to know what the City Actions for Greyhaven and Nerekhall are. Assuming they're different, of course, but the RTL rules mention that the actions are city specific ... this will be the first opportunity for them to be so...

The first screen shot is really interesting ... based on the text in the image it looks to be a campaign specific stage, but it is making use of LoR tiles and features (Overgrowth)... I know we've had maps in the past that would use other tiles if available, but this is a pretty huge "variation" especially considering the use of Overgrowth...

And FREE! (I guess technically it's not as you need to make an Ex-App purchase of Nerekhall, but hey I own Nerekhall and would've gladly stumped up cash for this)

Colour me exited!

Edited by maxam

I don't own SoN but I've got a gift certificate to my FLGS burning a hole in my pocket!

Simply awesome on so many levels

Really excited about this. Descent with the app is easily my favourite game right now. Thanks FFG!

I read somewhere that the campaign will come again for free Is it true ?

I read somewhere that the campaign will come again for free Is it true ?

Yes. Emphasis mine. Note, of course, you will have to own the expansion Shadow of Nerekhall to play it.

Your adventures in Terrinoth are about to take a darker turn, as you struggle to uncover evil plots and save the cities of Greyhaven and Nerekhall. Prepare for a free new Road to Legend campaign—Nerekhall: Seeds of Corruption is coming soon!

Edited by any2cards

oh Kellos thats great !

Anybody got an idea when FFG will release it?

Its out now on iOS at least!

^

Same for Steam, ver 1.3.0 available since ~1 hour ago :

- Seeds of Corruption

- New ambiant tracks (!)

- Bug fixes

ttXRJ8o.png

:-)

Does anyone know what Lieutenants appear in in Seeds of Corruption? Verminous seems to be a given but should I buy the minis for the Ollivens and Mirklace too?

Does anyone know what Lieutenants appear in in Seeds of Corruption? Verminous seems to be a given but should I buy the minis for the Ollivens and Mirklace too?

I assume it'd be all 4 Lieutenants from the Shadow of Nerekhall campaign.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2013/11/7/from-darkness/

I'll be playing non-stop, so I may end up being the first to find out. However, there are 3 alternate versions of this campaign, depending on who you choose at the beginning. I think we should name these paths after the influence tokens, blue, purple, yellow.

I really like the new sound effects on the outdoor tiles. That was a great idea :)

odgregg, on 16 Jan 2017 - 3:57 PM, said:

DtLS, on 16 Jan 2017 - 2:31 PM, said:

Only half of the lieutenants from the base campaign show up in Rise of Fire though, so it's not necessarily all of them.

DtLS, on 16 Jan 2017 - 2:31 PM, said:

Only half of the lieutenants from the base campaign show up in Rise of Fire though, so it's not necessarily all of them.

So far, (Story Quest 2) it just seems like Rylan Olliven. Verminous hasn't actually been in any combat situations yet.

So far, (Story Quest 2) it just seems like Rylan Olliven. Verminous hasn't actually been in any combat situations yet.

Wow if any lieutenant was going to get the Eliza Farrow treatment (in a Kindred Fire non-appearance sense) it'd be him.

Given that he's in it and the intro text heavily implies Mirklace, (and with Verminous a dead-cert) I'd be really surprised if we didn't see Tristayne as well.

I've never bought a Lieutenant pack, I own all of the blister packs for IA because they come with so much content, any combination of: the figure, a new mission (2+ hours of entertainment right there), agenda deck (similar to OL deck), mission rewards, deployment cards, items, condition cards etc.. what all comes in a Lieutenant pack? Is it just the figure and some new OL cards? What does it add to the RTL app? My LGS isn't carrying anything but the core + box expansions now as the games popularity has started to decline post app, so anything else I want I need to order in either through them or a 3rd party site. So much easier to just go in and buy something :)

Edited by FrogTrigger

I've never bought a Lieutenant pack, I own all of the blister packs for IA because they come with so much content, any combination of: the figure, a new mission (2+ hours of entertainment right there), agenda deck (similar to OL deck), mission rewards, deployment cards, items, condition cards etc.. what all comes in a Lieutenant pack? Is it just the figure and some new OL cards? What does it add to the RTL app? My LGS isn't carrying anything but the core + box expansions now as the games popularity has started to decline post app, so anything else I want I need to order in either through them or a 3rd party site. So much easier to just go in and buy something :)

A LT pack just adds a mini and some plot cards (not OL cards, you can only use 1 plot deck per campaign). You purchase and use plot cards by spending threat, which is a currency introduced in those packs. There is a rule sheet that explains all of this.

Anyway, agents (the summoned version of the lieutenant characters that come in the packs) never show up in ordinary campaign play unless they are summoned into an open group. They never appear in RtL except by peril effects which occur every so often if the heroes are taking too long to reach the objective. Plot cards have no use in RtL. You can always use the mini to represent the lieutenant rather than the agent if you wish, since a lieutenant and the corresponding agent are never allowed to be in the same quest.

Edited by Zaltyre

So for the purpose of RTL, a lieutenant pack adds the mini to replace the token? Because each box expansion adds it's own unique side quest to the pool, correct? As well as the tiles, monsters, heroes, classes etc.. But the only benefit of having these lieutenant packs besides the mini, is for the regular campaign?

The pack also adds another option to the list of peril effects, but yes, otherwise it's just the mini replacing the token. If you're not using that character's plot deck during a particular campaign, the mini is also all it adds to "original" descent.

Edited by Zaltyre

During my test play through I sawboth Ollivens, Verminous and Mirklace.

Edited by Alarmed

Just finished the first quest and I have to say: Holy crap FFG! Way to step up your game. If this is how the campaigns are going to go, I can't wait to play more!

Anyone care too spoil the city action(s)?

Having a look at the app, it appears one lets you sell relics for gold and XP, the other has a black market where you might get relics, XP, fame or morale.