Which properties would you like to see in LCG?

By Frostyfrog, in Living Card Games

Holy necro, Batman!

I don't know if it's been mentioned, but the Highlander CCG had an interesting combat (dueling) system. The CCG had a lot of poor graphic design and weird card design IMO, but the core combat system idea was neat. Shame the IP is basically dead and forgotten.

On 3/1/2019 at 5:19 PM, kempy said:

With Gwent being official Witcher card game chances to licencse it for Asmodee/FFG (LCG) is nearly zero.

crap forgot about Gwent. my bad.

As a new propertie, I would say the Riordan world ( Perçy Jackson, Heroes of Olympus, kane chronicle ). Why ?? For many reasons, it would work a lot. Firstly, a lot source materials, in the books and in the mythology from which they are adapted, with differents feelings as in the different myths. Then, a lot of characters for being playable, with the differents youngs people in the colony of half-blood. So much ideas for confront the different gods, monsters in a modern world, a lot of artifact, and at the end, the way to use a popular property, that would draw the attention of more young peoples, and the way for FFG to adapt this world in his own way, let us see original monsters and gods and places not looked at in the books. That would be a very good idea, as this property is very popular and not a lot adapted.

A Godzilla game could be fun. Battle various monsters in specific locations. Have Godzilla, Anguirus, Mothra and Rodan be playable monsters.

How about something in the Android Universe?

I bought Infiltration, loved it. FFG killed it? I don't know what happened.

I bought everything Android:Netrunner! Best game ever made! Then R. Talsorian yanked the license to the name Netrunner since they were bringing out the new Cyberpunk 2077 Afterlife card game licensed to CMON.

I bought all the novels in the Android world. Enjoyed those.

Mainframe doesn't excite me. New Angeles looks kinda interesting... maybe? It just doesn't scratch the adventure game itch.

How about a new card game in the Android Universe?

Borderlands card game would be nice. each of the protagonists would get their own deck. Zero would kick butt. lol

On 8/29/2019 at 11:05 PM, VanderHuge said:

I bought everything Android:Netrunner! Best game ever made! Then R. Talsorian yanked the license to the name Netrunner since they were bringing out the new Cyberpunk 2077 Afterlife card game licensed to CMON.

R. Talsorian has right for Cyberpunk world. Wizards of the Coast made original Netrunner CCG that was put into Cyberpunk 2013/2020 universe under license from RTG in early ninenties.

FFG Android: Netrunner LCG cards has "WotC" license tag not RTG.

Edited by kempy

Stephen King's Dark Tower series /universe might make for a good lcg, if you use the same mould as Arkham Horror Card Game

McFarlane's Spawn universe would be cool

Neil Gaiman: Sandman

Terry Pratchet's Discworld, now that would get my vote, there is a huge amount of lore and characters to pull from

Spaghetti Westerns: a few dollars more, the good, the bad, the ugly, magnificent seven etc.

Let me just throw this out there:

Android: Shadowfist - Gangs of the Los Angeles Grid

Android deserves another shot at an LCG. That said they need to take their time and make sure they've got a good system under their belt. Any future Android LCG will be compared to Netrunner and it will be tough living up to that success.

I feel like all their new LCGs are going toward co-op with their competitive games going back to a collectible format (i.e. Destiny and Keyforge). That seems to be a trend that is working for them. Right now we have an abundance of co-op LCGs (as well as two competitive games) so I doubt FFG will launch a new one until they phase out one or more of their other LCG product lines. So as much as I desire a new Android card game, I don't expect one to happen in the next couple years.

Mechanically I really wish they'd revisit their 40K Conquest game system. That was such a fun game. They fell down a little bit with some of the card designs, but overall that was a close second to Netrunner for me as far as LCG's go. Feels like it would be easy to reskin that game to a variety of thematic settings. I could see it even slotting into an Android gangland setting.

I would love to try an android: netrunner coop lcg similar to the ah lcg with unique runners and a campaign.

I would say beyond just Running. Have Running be a major mechanic, but also have some meatspace challenges.

A bit closer to Android the board game with the investigation stuff.

Infiltration was fun, but now out of print and it sort of did that. I still think it would be fun to expand on the investigation element of the setting explored by Android board game. There's alot of possibility left on the table with that game. Feel like it easily maps to an Arkham Horror like experience considering you moved around locations and investigated uncovering a conspiracy. Also each case could easily be a scenario, and the factions aren't too hard to dream up. Though to be honest I'd really just like to get an expansion for the Android board game. It's a shame it never got one because it's crying out for more investigators and cases. Seems so easy to expand on that core concept.

The Board Game should receive a second edition to refine the rules a bit.

I would be in for a Mad Max solo/co-op. Doubt there's enough characters to support one, though.

On 3/4/2019 at 10:21 AM, Moon-beast King said:

crap forgot about Gwent. my bad.

Ah yes, Gwent, Aka the exact same game used to simulate a fantasy/sci-fi card game in every computer game since time immemorial.

That doesn’t need a physical game

Star Trek would make an excellent coop LCG

On 10/9/2019 at 4:16 PM, Radix2309 said:

The Board Game should receive a second edition to refine the rules a bit.

Seems unlikely though considering the first edition just received a reprint.

New Android LCG is exactly what I, and many others want. There was/is so much support for Netunner that even after its cancellation there is a player supported group continuing to make new sets and organized play kids. The fans are keeping the game alive.

They have have lost the license to "Netrunner" but FFG still has Android. It's a really cool setting that they are just sitting on.

The fall of Netrunner, at least in my local community, first came with the announcement of the rotation. When we heard the first rumors, we were thrilled to see cards rotate out to keep the game healthy... but then they announced it. There were WAY too many sets. So many that we would just now be seeing the third cycle about to rotate out.

I think a DC version of Marvel Champions will eventually see the green light.

They could keep it totally compatable with Marvel Champions and that would be hugely popular.

Think of the combos you could play. Batman, Captain America, the Flash and Spiderman off to defeat Lex Luthors evil schemes.

As soon as i saw the title of the game i also thought they are keeping their options open with a DC Champions card game follow up.

On 12/31/2019 at 5:53 PM, Humantorch101 said:

I think a DC version of Marvel Champions will eventually see the green light.

They could keep it totally compatable with Marvel Champions and that would be hugely popular.

Think of the combos you could play. Batman, Captain America, the Flash and Spiderman off to defeat Lex Luthors evil schemes.

As soon as i saw the title of the game i also thought they are keeping their options open with a DC Champions card game follow up.

Hey, it worked for Overpower (even when they made the DC heroes considerably weaker in the first set) and HeroClix. I'd be totally on board for this.

On 10/9/2019 at 4:33 AM, DarkFate said:

I would love to try an android: netrunner coop lcg similar to the ah lcg with unique runners and a campaign.

That would work, because runners wery often compete against corporations and other runners as a teams.

IMO a more cross discipline (Mission Impossible, Ocean's 11) style Android themed co-op I think would be better rather than an all Runner theme and would help differentiate it from the Netrunner card game. They sort of already have a starting point on what that would look like with Shadow Of The Beanstalk. Something like what Shadowrun:Crossfire was going for, but honestly I didn't like the mechanics in Crossfire. The theme is great though. I think that's their best route if they want to go the criminal heist route (Netrunner, Infiltration) rather than the investigator route of the Android board game for a Android themed LCG. I could get excited about either theme honestly.

Edited by phillos

Vampire The Masquerade (or general world of darkness) I would happily play though I don't think a game like that should be coop, it should definitely be a multiplayer dueling game. I realize there is already a CCG in print, but the classic Vampire The Masquerade CCG is built on a very dated concept, the game itself takes way too long to play and its unnecessarily complicated. I would like to see a game like this along the lines of Game of Thrones LCG pacing.

I would happily invest in and play a Star Trek based LCG.

Doctor Who, Gi Joe, Xena, Transformers, He Man, Harry Potter, Twilight, DC, 007.