The Edmonton Trio's Christmas Surprise for the forums

By Eroecchi, in Hollow Bastion

Would anyone be offended if I made a new post directing fan's of the series to http://www.thekingdomheartstcg.com/ so they can see the awesome scans. I ask because many people may not be keeping up on this post and won't know about this awesome project. I am also asking because I'm not sure if everyone would want the flood of members over on that site.

go ahead sir...a flood of members is a good thing. ^_^

some slight grammatical errors on the translations, but they are looking good. Again, kudos to you guys

Everythin is still a workin progress for us. At this moment in time, we're moreso tryin to get the actual concept of the card text than bein grammatically correct. After we understand what the cards actually are suppose to do, we'll brush up the grammar errors 'n make it nice 'n clean.

No worries. Just enjoy the pretty pics for now.

i could take care of the grammar and make them sound just like the FFG ones if you want - minus the FFG god awful screwups that is. It means that there's one less thing that you guys have to do for this.

I wish to thank you for the offer. However, we're actually doin quite well at the moment, as we are bein picky about how certain cards should sound (ie: the ones that say 'Discard this card', we're fixin to say 'You may discard this card') 'n makin it quite fluid on the gameplay. We know that there have been dozens upon dozens of questions on how cards could be play'd, 'n we're makin it so people don't have to ask the questions.

Or if they do ask the questions, they're really, really, REALLY new to playin the game, 'n should read through the rulebook several times before lookin at the cards.......

Also, FFG happen'd to mistranslate a few of the cards (either that, or edit'd them for that very purpose), 'n some of the older sets have cards that are missin text 'n have different effects altogether. We're tryin to give everythin as accurate as possible to the original Japanese text.

Leigh said:

some slight grammatical errors on the translations, but they are looking good. Again, kudos to you guys

I would like you to point a few out for me please, to the best of my knowlegde this should be fine i went over it many times before i sent it to the editors. Only way i'll learn

Hey guys, been awhile since i got on here and i have lot to say.

I'd like to thank Eroecchi and ryo for tranlating the cards. Fantastic job by the way!!! aplauso.gif aplauso.gif aplauso.gif

But i want to ask a legal question. Say somebody used to photo shop to edit and remove the Japanese text on the cards, and replace it with English text. then make something like a pdf document out of it, Could i download the pdf file and print the cards on normal paper and use them at home? or would it be as illegal as printing them at a print shop?

I don't think it would considering you're not making any money and also considering NO ONE sells them.

King_Simba said:

I'd like to thank Eroecchi and ryo for tranlating the cards. Fantastic job by the way!!! aplauso.gif aplauso.gif aplauso.gif

But i want to ask a legal question. Say somebody used to photo shop to edit and remove the Japanese text on the cards, and replace it with English text. then make something like a pdf document out of it, Could i download the pdf file and print the cards on normal paper and use them at home? or would it be as illegal as printing them at a print shop?

Only if you sold them for any amount of money, distributed them as real cards, attempted to use them as real cards at an official event etc etc

Trothael said:

King_Simba said:

Only if you sold them for any amount of money, distributed them as real cards, attempted to use them as real cards at an official event etc etc

Yea thats what i thought, i wonder if someone could do that though.

No point in people bein petty *coff* 'n tryin a whole lawsuit over somethin silly , afterall.

But since we did legally purchase the Japanese cards 'n translated them ourselves, I don't see any harm in allowin people to see them 'n what they do.

However, whatever the people do themselves with this info is outta our hands ............

Choitz said:

No point in people bein petty *coff* 'n tryin a whole lawsuit over somethin silly , afterall.

But since we did legally purchase the Japanese cards 'n translated them ourselves, I don't see any harm in allowin people to see them 'n what they do.

However, whatever the people do themselves with this info is outta our hands ............

ah, ok. maybe i shouldn't have said anything........

Nah, we've already address'd this issue with FFG, 'n received a reply about it a while back. No worries, mate!

Choitz said:

Nah, we've already address'd this issue with FFG, 'n received a reply about it a while back. No worries, mate!

oh, almost gave me a heart attack.

EDIT: Oh yea, i took the riku card and tried to put english text on it... it worked!!! but looks like crap. hope i didn't offend anyone doing that. my apologies.

Nah, that's kind of what we exepcted people to do.

Me personally I'm trying to get ahold of some of the Japanese cards and just play with them normally...I know the effects well enough.

I'm still available to edit images if you still want someone to do that btw.

Trothael said:

I'm still available to edit images if you still want someone to do that btw.

I'd like you to do that troth, I want to see some good English translated cards. mine suck...

Totally sir...feel free. I'll even make a spot on site for it if you'd like.

'Kay.

I'll go find my Photoshop discs.

I want CS2 back ._. CS4 is all weird and modern.

Eroecchi said:

Leigh said:

I would like you to point a few out for me please, to the best of my knowlegde this should be fine i went over it many times before i sent it to the editors. Only way i'll learn

Well at the moment I cant read em, not sure if there's something wrong with the html or my browser, but as soon as i can read em all next to their cards i'll let you know.

Trothael if you wait a bit, Choitz can get you my first scans, which are much bigger and probaly easier to work with.

I have to admit I had problems reading the left 1/4 of the text this morning, but now I see a heck of a lot of mumbo jumbo.

mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} .MsoPapDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; margin-bottom:10.0pt; line-height:115%;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} >

<! /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:"Cambria Math"; panose-1:0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0; mso-font-charset:1; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-format:other; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:0 0 0 0 0 0;} @font-face {font-family:Calibri; panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-1610611985 1073750139 0 0 159 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; margin-top:0in; margin-right:0in; margin-bottom:10.0pt; margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} .MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} .MsoPapDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; margin-bottom:10.0pt; line-height:115%;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} >

If you copy paste the text directly from Microsoft words that might be the problem here. When you copy paste from words for a web page, words add ton's of lame and useless code that just break most of website.

Lunardirc said:

If you copy paste the text directly from Microsoft words that might be the problem here. When you copy paste from words for a web page, words add ton's of lame and useless code that just break most of website.

Notepad

Tag properly

Save as .HTML

And all your problems in the world are fixed.