The Edmonton Trio's Christmas Surprise for the forums

By Eroecchi, in Hollow Bastion

What the feck's going on?

Someone tl;dr for me plx?

Nobody21494 said:

i dont even know what thats supposed to mean but im not talking about the video game at all

The card game is based on the video game so in a way you are. you asked what the difference was, and I explained it. Roxas is in the Organization cloak Mysterious Boy is the Roxas we know in the Data Twilight and the card we all know and love.

Roxas has a smiliar effect but it applies to Nobodies like a normal XIII Player card.

Trothael said:

What the feck's going on?

Someone tl;dr for me plx?

Long story short, Truffles, I am merely explainin the importance of card translations 'n card texts.

'N yes, what is placed in a card text box is most important.

Roxas, i did not ask for anything..i don't even know what you're talking about. I'm NOT talking about the video game im talking about the player CARDS "Mysterious Boy" and "Roxas" and how they are both treated as "Mysterious Boy" since they are both "Mysterious Boy" then it is poinless to say that "roxas" can ALSO use a card since he is ALSO "Mysterious Boy"

trothael read all the posts and then ask me questions from there it saves us BOTH alot of time ...believe me >.>

im capping important words to put emphasis.

Nobody21494 said:

trothael read all the posts and then ask me questions from there it saves us BOTH alot of time ...believe me >.>

I asked for a tl;dr because it's 2AM and I'm not exactly sober.

I am defintealy not reading thta.

Nobody21494 said:

im talking about the player CARDS "Mysterious Boy" and "Roxas" and how they are both treated as "Mysterious Boy" since they are both "Mysterious Boy" then it is poinless to say that "roxas" can ALSO use a card since he is ALSO "Mysterious Boy"

What if in Japan they later intended to make a "Roxas" card that DIDN'T count as a "Mysterious Boy" card?

Nobody21494 said:

IT DOESNT MATTER GRAH! If you are saying "Mysterious Boy" and "Roxas" it doesnt matter because roxas is treated as "mysterious boy".

If the effect was: This card can only be used by mysterious boy...or this card can only be used by mysterious boy and roxas

it means the exact same thing

also if ffg didnt intend on makin the mysterious boy player card..why did they bother making all the TT friends say they could only be used with "mysterious boy" and make roxas be treated as...mysterious boy >.> im getting very frustrated now.

Latest Update:

All cards Scanned,

65 cards indivualldally imaged

37 cards translated

We translated for 3 hours today, it ended up taking longer than i thought but its going quite smoothly were gonna try for another 40 cards tomorow.

It really sucks FFG had to stop, and it brings a tear to my eye with some of these cards. Theres a rarity called GSR i would assume means great super rare and with these card effects i can fully understand why :P

Eroecchi

This card can only be played with "Mysterious Boy" cards. During your turn, you may choose to discard this card from your Friend Area along with two cards from your hand. If you do so, one Nobody Card on your World looses its card text.

I propose that this be the text put on this cards....any problems with it?

Nobody21494 said:

This card can only be played with "Mysterious Boy" cards. During your turn, you may choose to discard this card from your Friend Area along with two cards from your hand. If you do so, one Nobody Card on your World looses its card text.

I propose that this be the text put on this cards....any problems with it?

....just stop man...I commend you for trying but I just don't think you're understanding what we're trying to explain to you in terms of how a card needs to be worded and how that wording needs to interact with the other cards already released. You're also missing the point of the whole Roxas thing...FFG made a mistake by not releasing the official "Mysterious Boy" card and it's obviously causing you some confusion.

Sometimes you just have to concede to people who may have more experience and knowledge when it comes to something like this...I'm honestly not trying to start a flame war or make you mad, I'm just saying that you're completely ignoring what we're trying to explain to you...we've been playing this game longer, we've probably been playing card games in general longer...all I'm asking, honestly, is maybe give us the benefit of the doubt here? Maybe?

And how is the video game not relevant? it's the freaking SOURCE MATERIAL, what every single card is based on. lol.

Eroecchi said:

All cards Scanned,

Can we see? Can we see? Can we see? PLZPLZPLZ

FlameChampion267 said:

Eroecchi said:

All cards Scanned,

I second this post.....I CAN HAZ PICZ? lol

okay dusk I'll stop.

WayToTheDawn said:

FlameChampion267 said:

Eroecchi said:

All cards Scanned,

I second this post.....I CAN HAZ PICZ? lol

:D

LOL

Ok, i'm spending the afternoon editing my translations, Ive sent an e-mail to Dawn and Choitz about editing for me and about website plans. So once they get back to me and we have a set up for the site i'll get to posting Rejoin(set 6) right away as that set is completely translated.

I just figure images and translations should be posted together as the card lists are already posted on Dawns above link so everyone already knows what cards are coming.

Heres a cool spoiler fact, "Sephiroth and Cloud" 30 & 31 As Well as "Pooh and Piglet" 15 & 16 have to be placed side by side to read their card text as is scrolls across both cards, Ryo and i were like that dont make no sense! till we figured that out

Oh and thanks to Choitz we have stats for a few of the missing cards.

40 cards left to be translated!!!

Just finished up my write up for Set 6, minus the cards we were missing. But thanks to Choitz we were able to get the card text from all the missing cards and then some. I'll start posting each set on the website as they are completed and after Dawn gets back to me.

My write up, has a few translator notes about what we think was trying to be said or in the case of Mushu lvl 3 which translates too "discard this card from you hand" i point out that what it actually says as it really dosn't make sense in how we know the game. In most cases the translation is word for word what Ryo read to me except in cases where we had a drasticly similar card and i used FFG's wording.

stay tuned

Eroecchi

Nobody21494 said:

okay dusk I'll stop.

aww, is calling me "dusk" a sweet little passive aggressive jab? Grow up, we're trying to do a job here and I'm done being nice.

Eroecchi said:

Just finished up my write up for Set 6, minus the cards we were missing. But thanks to Choitz we were able to get the card text from all the missing cards and then some. I'll start posting each set on the website as they are completed and after Dawn gets back to me.

My write up, has a few translator notes about what we think was trying to be said or in the case of Mushu lvl 3 which translates too "discard this card from you hand" i point out that what it actually says as it really dosn't make sense in how we know the game. In most cases the translation is word for word what Ryo read to me except in cases where we had a drasticly similar card and i used FFG's wording.

stay tuned

Eroecchi

Writing the email back to ya now sir...been away from the house for the past couple days. ^_^

Hey everyone, time for Eroecchi's update report.

so i tested out the site Dawn set up check out 2 more cards with images here; http://www.thekingdomheartstcg.com/Set6.html this is the set up i'm aiming for to release them. Right now i figure a watermark would be nice but i really dont have the time to make one and then resave all the scans i have but we'll see.

Today Ryo and i really didnt get much father into translations, partly due to goofing around, finding the opening of BBS online and double checking some of our translations and problems. But good news is it was still very productive.

-Ryo's up for translating Pieces of Memory and the Promos as well, (we currently have 15 cards left in Endless Darkness)

-BBS opening is sweet even with what they did with it.

-Ryo and i both agree all past translations of cards that state along the lines if you discard this card probably read "You may choose to" theres a posibillity that we'll be double checking all the english cards to the japanese cards. which proves the point translation isn't eash and with so many cards its hard to be consistent which i found with my own write up of the translations while edditing and trying to use the same terms and such.

-A lot of cards have a line that says " ~ to Dark *dot* Nobody cards " we were mistaking this as Dark/Nobody card meaning this effect only happens to Nobody cards. But after coming across only 1 dark/heartless card we figure FFG's concept of " ~to Dark/Heartless and/or Dark/Nobody cards" is probaly what is meant. As a few cards state Dark/Villains specificly, and the effects in question moslt likey wouldn't effect Villains based on how game play goes.

-I play this game a lot and have gone thru so many deck concepts personally and vs so if you come across somthing when you read it in our translations, its best you dont bash our translation and say that cant be right. because thats what i was doing beside Ryo,(My jap is horribly infantile) questioning everything that was weird or out of place and somethings and guiding him along how other cards are already translated. 2 examples were (i think i meantioned uptop) discarding Mushu lvl 2 from your hand not the Friend Area, or in Way To The Dawn - you may discard a card from your hand to discard any HP gain card your opponent plays. the way the card is worded it would include World cards(scary). i mean to say i hope you'll trust my judgment.

-Pegasus wishing lamp debate: Choitz asked if Ryo could have a look at Pegasus and Wishing lamp to double check the whole icon issue.

myself and my playgroup have always been on the side the quotes mean the name of the card and bold means type of card. When looking in to the japanese version the quotes are around "olympus coliseum" on pegasus and on hercules lvl 3. Ryo says when he reads it he would understand it as "Olympus coliseum" name on the card with Pegasus and "olympus coliseum friend card" with hercules. that was his understanding before i explained our situation with the english cards to him. i dont know if thats enough proof for the debate to be over but thats what we got.

- i'm currently caught up with my editing to our translations in a very nice word document. and have gone over it with some of my play group they say its come out great, so hopefully when its posted there wont be any problems and they could be use right away with out changes. i think FFG may have had one person on the translations and just lost track of what they were doing while being rushed which is why we have so many problems, i can fully see how that can happen after doing it myself (sloppy for a business, but understandable for the individual).

so i think i'm done reading myself type see you later

what do you think so far FlameChampion267? as you posted while i was writing my essay.

The scans are clear, the translations are superb, and the format is perfect.

I am beyond words, the effort everyone is going through for this game is insperational. I think I speak for most fans of the game when I say thank you for all you hard work.

Everyday now I check the lists of the japanese cards and each day I pick one I want to see most. Today is Yuna Lv.1 from REJOIN. Tommorow is likely to be Goofy Lv.0 also from REJOIN. Suspense is running through my veins.

Well if were lucky i should have all the cards up for monday morning, Choitz is just editing my word document, and Dawn will be our quality checker on the site. hope your excited some of these cards are wicked awesome. After posting i'll be posting the errats that have come my way as well under the card text. Like Way To the Dawn equippment card has one.

Eroecchi

woah, had almost given up at looking at these forums, then i come back to see all of this, kudos to you guys, it all looks good. I'll be very interested to see how this pans out. And if there is anything I can do to help.

Eroecchi said:

Well if were lucky i should have all the cards up for monday morning, Choitz is just editing my word document, and Dawn will be our quality checker on the site. hope your excited some of these cards are wicked awesome. After posting i'll be posting the errats that have come my way as well under the card text. Like Way To the Dawn equippment card has one.

Eroecchi

Actually Ecomics21 and myself also helped Choitz do some editing of the word document, as I always believe 2 or 3 heads are always better than one, haha. I'll also do the editing on the site as well...so all the wordings should be perfect by the time we're done with Set 6, lol.

And I really hope the errata on Way to the Dawn doesn't involve not being able to stop World Cards...cause that would make me a sad panda T_T