The Edmonton Trio's Christmas Surprise for the forums

By Eroecchi, in Hollow Bastion

Merry Christmas to all!!!

Well with FFG dropping the game this past week me and my group have decided we still want to see all the cards we could have gotten as we love the game just as much as everyone else on these forums. Well we spent the week looking thru the interwebs and found a web store that still sells Japanese kingdom heart cards, specifically sets 5 and 6. We have since ordered 3 boxes of each set in the hopes to complete each set from Treasure Island Sports Inc. and they are super awesome as they shipped out the boxes within 1/2 hour of placing the order on wensday.

Now your already wondering why is this punk gloating here on the forms telling us hes getting the epic of epicness, well thats simple i want to make sure people are aware this is coming so they stick around the forms for a little while longer as we have decided we are going to share all the info we can with the KH community. We have in the past helped out with card list from Set 2 as we were super lucky and got set 2 cards a day before everyone else (tho im quite sure someone came around and wrote a better page after us -,^) but other then that we in the edmonton group really havnt given much to this community, that in fact is the first community for most of us and this game is actually the first card game we all got involved with other then collecting. Ive never meantioned in my dealings on the site that i have been studying Japanese for 2 years, not that im anywhere near good enough to translate an actual meaning from the cards i do have friends more advanced then me and a fellow Kingdom Hearts freak japanese friend. Thats right you guessed it, its coming.

With the help of my friend, one Ryo Takiguchi we are going to take the undertaking of translating the cards from set 5 and 6. Now the cards have been shipped out already and we hope to get them within the next weeks and as Ryo and I are in class together we hope to spend a few hours a day translating them inbetween our classes and BBT trips. We don't intend to have specific wording type of translating but along the line of what the card does so we have an idea. I mean to say our translations probaly wouldnt be good to us in actual play as in TCG its all about wording. Since they aren't going to be deep translations it shouldnt take to long to actually translate them all and so i hope to actually have it finished before the end of January.

Along with the Translations we will also have scans of each card to boot, simply becuase im a freak and i need a picture of every card on my phone to quick refrence, so everything's ready to go: cards shipped, scaning equipment ready to go, translators all agreed on what the plan is and everyone is excited!

only thing were still trying to decided is if we want to set up a quick web page or actually post here on the forums.

Well i hope everyone has a good holiday and i hope you look forward to our huge endevor, KHTCG isnt dead, its just finished -,^

Eroecchi

Eroecchi said:

Merry Christmas to all!!!

Well with FFG dropping the game this past week me and my group have decided we still want to see all the cards we could have gotten as we love the game just as much as everyone else on these forums. Well we spent the week looking thru the interwebs and found a web store that still sells Japanese kingdom heart cards, specifically sets 5 and 6. We have since ordered 3 boxes of each set in the hopes to complete each set from Treasure Island Sports Inc. and they are super awesome as they shipped out the boxes within 1/2 hour of placing the order on wensday.

Now your already wondering why is this punk gloating here on the forms telling us hes getting the epic of epicness, well thats simple i want to make sure people are aware this is coming so they stick around the forms for a little while longer as we have decided we are going to share all the info we can with the KH community. We have in the past helped out with card list from Set 2 as we were super lucky and got set 2 cards a day before everyone else (tho im quite sure someone came around and wrote a better page after us -,^) but other then that we in the edmonton group really havnt given much to this community, that in fact is the first community for most of us and this game is actually the first card game we all got involved with other then collecting. Ive never meantioned in my dealings on the site that i have been studying Japanese for 2 years, not that im anywhere near good enough to translate an actual meaning from the cards i do have friends more advanced then me and a fellow Kingdom Hearts freak japanese friend. Thats right you guessed it, its coming.

With the help of my friend, one Ryo Takiguchi we are going to take the undertaking of translating the cards from set 5 and 6. Now the cards have been shipped out already and we hope to get them within the next weeks and as Ryo and I are in class together we hope to spend a few hours a day translating them inbetween our classes and BBT trips. We don't intend to have specific wording type of translating but along the line of what the card does so we have an idea. I mean to say our translations probaly wouldnt be good to us in actual play as in TCG its all about wording. Since they aren't going to be deep translations it shouldnt take to long to actually translate them all and so i hope to actually have it finished before the end of January.

Along with the Translations we will also have scans of each card to boot, simply becuase im a freak and i need a picture of every card on my phone to quick refrence, so everything's ready to go: cards shipped, scaning equipment ready to go, translators all agreed on what the plan is and everyone is excited!

only thing were still trying to decided is if we want to set up a quick web page or actually post here on the forums.

Well i hope everyone has a good holiday and i hope you look forward to our huge endevor, KHTCG isnt dead, its just finished -,^

Eroecchi

I'm pretty sure sets 5 and 6 from Japan were combined sets that came out earlier for us, however I'm not going to swear by it cause I'm not sure which sets were combined. You might also want to talk to Choitz, he did a lot of the Japanese translating for Team Org XIII and I'm pretty sure there is a thread which some of what would have been the next set's card translated.

I wouldn't say the game is finished just yet, While it's true FFG dropped the game, it is still quite possible for another company to pick it up and from what I've heard some people are pitching the game to other companies. So hopefully if another company picks it up, they will have better luck.

If by some completely stange and miraculaous chance this game gets picked up by Bandai, I can guaruntee at least 10 people will become VERY active players of this game lol

Heh, I know I'll be fightin my way to be one of the top 3 people, certainly.

'N certainly, Eroecchi, I have three things to say:

1) I am jealous that you were able to find a site that still sold the cards (after my extensive search came to a critical fail). The most I've kept findin was merely the first set, 'n even that was scarce, so I wish to tell you kudos, sir, 'n congrats.

2) If it is alright with you, I would like to request the website that still has the cards in stock, as I would like to aquire the cards myself, please? I am, after all, a collector of the sorts, 'n would like to see what cards I may gather.

3) I have been workin on the translation details myself for what cards I have found, so I wouldn't mind lendin a hand if you are in need of such. However, I do believe that you (by what I am readin) are in more capable hands at this moment, so I would prolly be a backup of a backup, if that were the case. 'N if not, I do understand, certainly, so no worries there.

@Choitz

here is where we ordered from http://www.tisinc99.com/kin088424.html (;^,^) although it looks like we got the last boxes of the last sets. Also i will gladly take you up on that offer of help, but mostly in case of us not completing the set and hopefully you have the cards that we may be missing. We are pretty well set to do it, as Ryo has great english skills and knows the Kingdom Hearts universe and that i'm fimiliar with the card game i honestly expect it to go quite smoothly.

and as for my comment about the game being finished, i meant that to be taken more positive actually my bad; the game is finished, from a business stand point i cant see anyone finishing the release of cards at this point. To set up and distribute in conjuction with the realse of Birth by sleep would be the only way to go, and with its american release within the first 1/2 of the year or so(estimate) there isn't enough time for a new producer to step in and set up properly. If i'm wrong praise whatever god you follow. The point of my statement is that KH isn't dead, of us who really has stopped playing this great game just cuz we wont see anymore cards right?

it wont be dead for a while cuz it really is a great game not just a name were following(one of our players hasn't even left destiny island with sora yet and he loves this tcg.... yes were working on him)

Eroecchi

so they're not finishing the last two packs?

Nope. No new sets, no new cards, nadda, zilch, nuttin. The last cards they'll send out are the Princess cards, 'n that's if you follow'd through with what Jaffer stated in his post.

lol well i guess 'll look into this post just to see what couldve been :P

D: i wonder if someone were good enough at photo editing they could take your card scans and edit them with english text based on your translations to make printable english cards D: ....just an idea :D

Nobody21494 said:

D: i wonder if someone were good enough at photo editing they could take your card scans and edit them with english text based on your translations to make printable english cards D: ....just an idea :D

I can do that.

It's not exactly difficult.

:o that would mean that we could all have cards from the last set :D would you be willing to do it?

Interestingly enough, Jaffer pointed me in the direction of the Buffy the Vampire Slayer CCG website which is fanmade. It was a serious community of fans who loved the Buffy Card Game so much they continued to create their own sets. A lot of this involved the very idea Mr. Nobody there is suggesting...taking a blank card template and making dream cards, or in our case, the cards we rightfully deserve.

So if we can get them translated and someone can get them photoshopped we can just produce the last few sets ourselves!

www.buffyccg.com/ - There's the site I'm referring to, if ya all want to check it out and see what they've done.

Okay, if people want me to shoopdawhoop some card texts, I'd be happy to. Plus I can say I worked with a 'design team' on another TCG, which is always good for my CG ;]

Just shout me when you've got some translations done.

Trothael said:

Okay, if people want me to shoopdawhoop some card texts, I'd be happy to. Plus I can say I worked with a 'design team' on another TCG, which is always good for my CG ;]

I think I love you Truffs, well more than normal ;) , lmao. =P

Roxas said:

Trothael said:

I think I love you Truffs, well more than normal ;) , lmao. =P

What can I say. I am **** sexy.

yay this is cool :3

Alright!!! the boxes just arrived of Endless Darkness and Rejoin. I'll spend the rest of my afternoon organizing and setting up for translation/scanning. If theres time tonight i'll start scanning, but i know Ryo and I wont start translating till wed at the earliest.

Is anyone good at websites? i used to know html and now theres all these new stuff and i just dont have the time or feel like getting into it. Since were turning this into a group effort if someone could start that it would be great.

tho i wanna say again, the translations that Ryo will be helping me with will be simple and basic, it'll be up to others to make the card work in english as wording is everything in card games.

Eroecchi

D: why not start from free websites that are simple to use and work our way up? Also i was in the yugioh card maker forums for quite a while so i have a basic understanding of how to avoid confusion in card text so i could kinda help out with that :D (i'll learn html in the process but i need others with me too D: )

I know Trothael is good with that sort of thing, but he'll be working on making the cards look official once we get them translated.

I haven't been much help so far so I think I'll look around for some easy Website hosting options and see what I can do to get one set up...at least for the time being incase anyone wants to work on building one from scratch.

Update!

Site is semi-up and running. Purchased a domain name and with some basic webpage building software threw together a decent enough looking site I think. I'd be happy to hear any ideas or advice you might have for the look of the site or if I should scrap it altogether and let someone else do it.

Also, if ya like what Ive done feel free to throw some money my way to keep the site up and running...I'd GREATLY appreciate it, I believe it'll cost me about $20 a month.

Here's the link to the site...the domain name will take about 24 hours to register so this is it's temporary home: hstrial-brettwright1.intuitwebsites.com/index.html

Tell me if yez need a hand with that.

Might I suggest a link to the Organization's invision boards?

that is amazing way to dawn it look really good :D

I agree with Truffles, Dawn. If you need any help, do let us know.

You know we've got your back for certain.

If you need help with the site, I can provide some. I know basic html well, javascript, php. In fact I'm a web programmer and I got some skill in editing images. Also got skill in Flash if needed.