What games are we playing now?

By vermillian2, in UFS General Discussion

I haven't played the Call LCG, but warhammer invasion is the sickness.

i'd like to note, that I'd be totally happy with FFG printing UFS as an LCG. EVEN if it's only FFG original content.

I can't see how that would be bad for them. The game system is fully designed, They don't have to make old cards illegal, they don't have to do actual organized play, It might even help move the old product, because people won't need to buy as much of the new sets. Still holding worlds would be cool.

Change the way they print the worlds prize. Just put one copy of the player designed character in the next Box set (that comes out ~ 1/ 3 months) and don't make all the copies exclusive. costs them 0 extra, and people still get the coolness. Sending that player a few extra copies would be cool, but really wouldn't matter much to me.

I'd play the UFS LCG.

I may go to Clix who is under new management. I may try L5R. MTG burned me several times - so I am very hesitant about going back. They take their game way too seriously/emotionally. Haven't found a good casual group for that game. I don't know. I may put all my efforts into Pathfinder.

Got back into Magic at Gencon, been playing that. Waiting for Warmachine mark 2 and some new models so i can get reinvolved with that. and Dofus on the computron.

YuGiOh

Magic the Gathering

Battle Spirits

Warhammer Invasion LCG

Pokemon

... looking into Naruto again. I just got started on Kingdom Hearts but we all know how far that went.

Warhammer: Invasion and Fight Klub. Both excellent games, and both considerably cheaper than CCGs to collect and play.

I'm probably going to start playing Warmachine more and seeing about expanding my army and painting. Good game, nearly UFS caliber community. Will probably be playing WAR or SWG some, but made an EVE online Trial account out of curiosity. Card game wise, i don't know. UFS blew magic out of the water for me and I really don't want to go waste my money on it. A LCG sounds like it could be cool, might go over to Dayton and see what its like, hope you don't mind Matt :)

Protoaddict said:

Waiting for Warmachine mark 2 and some new models so i can get reinvolved with that.

They posted a preview of the book on their website. Check it out at your leisure.

Considering getting into Pokemon, but I've always hated card games that rely on Energy, Mana, etc. That, and after watching several "top tier" videos, it seems like Pokemon has drifted away from evolving and energies, and now the top decks are the ones that rely on PokePowers that work on benches to fill their hands, using a billion different trainers a turn, and pokemon that require 1, if any, energies to perform brilliant attacks.

I was almost excited to hear that PlusPower was seeing play again until I watched what nonsense the game has become. The fact that less energy = better Pokemon is one I'm having a hard time moving past.

Also, I'm one of many who wants UFS to continue to be played, and will do as much as possible to see to it that it is.

I have started playing L5R a month ago. It is really fun plus the design team communicates with the playerbase and I love the storyline. I love the fact that players affect the storyline. I have had nothing but good things to say about this game.

I'm a D&D 4E freak (look me up on the forums; I go by lordduskblade there). I guess I'll go back to tweaking my builds...

I might try my hand at that Call of Cthulu card game. Other than that? I like D&D 4E and there's a few miniatures games i'd like to try out. The store I go to is running a modified Battletech game set to Gundam so maybe that.

MarcoPulleaux said:

Considering getting into Pokemon, but I've always hated card games that rely on Energy, Mana, etc. That, and after watching several "top tier" videos, it seems like Pokemon has drifted away from evolving and energies, and now the top decks are the ones that rely on PokePowers that work on benches to fill their hands, using a billion different trainers a turn, and pokemon that require 1, if any, energies to perform brilliant attacks.

I was almost excited to hear that PlusPower was seeing play again until I watched what nonsense the game has become. The fact that less energy = better Pokemon is one I'm having a hard time moving past.

Also, I'm one of many who wants UFS to continue to be played, and will do as much as possible to see to it that it is.

Outside of the SP engine and a few cards, the vast majority of deck search in Pokemon is limited to Supporters, which you can only play one of per turn. In a way, making them more balanced than something like Computer Search which was a (unlimited) Trainer card.

Naruto is my choice. sh*tty game but I love the Manga. Plus I had a bull deck at GenCon and made 17th place. Just won my first Chunin Event also. I hope Omar will still play around with it. Hope I can still find some games of UFS also, my unrestricted Evil Tira deck is quite nasty. And my Order Bison in stupid on wheels! Legacy is crazy! Also looking into Call of Cthulhu..

Can I double post and recommend Warhammer Invasion again? :)

Naruto

want my sick promos

Still playing UFS casually. Gonna get back into MTG as well though.

our ufs community has been playing Epic and WoW TCGs for a while and that will likely increase now.

Otherwise Battle Spirits and Magic are also being played by most of our players as well.

Man ditch that battle spirits and play Duel masters (the original game designed by the designers of Battle Spirits, so i hear).

vermillian said:

Man ditch that battle spirits and play Duel masters (the original game designed by the designers of Battle Spirits, so i hear).

That'd be great if DM wasn't cancelled in America close to 3 years ago.

Matt kohls recomended cthulhu and he and bitme are trying out warhammer. Personally I am thinking of trying both myself, leaning more towords warhammer.

Looking at getting into Warhammer: Invasion game looks really good.

TokoTamer said:

vermillian said:

That'd be great if DM wasn't cancelled in America close to 3 years ago.

Still better than BS even if canceled. OH BURN! :)

I've started playing Hero clix again. the hammer of Thor set is awesome.

Currently playing UFS (and getting other people doing so as well), Call of Cthulhu CCG, and Marvel VS. System... what do these all have in common? They're defunct.... It seems every time I put out money for something I like, it dies off... *sigh*.

Note: I understand that there's a Call of Cthulhu LCG that is in full swing. I do not have the money to shell out for starter sets and one or more copies of 12 different asylum packs to get cards for a deck I probably won't like half as much as the one I'm playing now.

Outside of card games, Arkham Horror, PARANOIA (Mongoose Publishing's new reboot), Dungeons & Dragons (4e, and still lamenting heavily over the loss of skill points... I liked my customization options **** it.) Call of Cthulhu 6th edition, Shadowrun Fourth Edition, and just getting into Mutants and Master Minds 2E. All of these activities happen more sporadically than I'd prefer, but hey, people have lives.