What games are we playing now?

By vermillian2, in UFS General Discussion

So what games are we going to be playing now?

Lately, I've barely time to meet with my locals, so its primarily been MMOs and Facebook game haunting, with some occasional Warhammer Invasion the LCG. I highly recommend the latter.

How about ya'll?

I was cleaning my room the other week when I found my old Pokemon cards. My first thought was to just toss them, but my brother convinced me build a deck and play some games for the hell of it. Man, forgot how much fun that game was. I guess I'll just be playing some kitchen table games with my bro for a while.

I'm starting to play Blood Bowl. Then maybe start Warhammer Fantasy or 40k.

Its really not FFGs fault UFS died (IMO). Give warhammer invasiona look at. Its NOT a CCG. This is an important notice. It is NOT a blind purchase game. The sets are fixed, and acquirable at 10 bucks for 40 fixed cards (which your maximum purchase 'needed' will be three of them. This will happen once every month or so if you want the 'full set' of the cards, if you're a crazy collector but not neccesary).

Or you can try the Warhammer MMO. Its got free trials! :P

UFS is the only game i play at the moment. It's gonna be sometime before i pick up another game. I'm kinda feelin' Steve right now...it's a bit too painful for me; i truly truly loved this game, and was making plans to participate at my first Nats and Worlds events this year.

<sniff> <sniffle...>

well having known this was happening from the horses mouth about a month ago, i sold it all off and started playing MTG...havent had this much fun with magic in years...got the wife and sister playing and its all fun and games...goodbye UFS such a great game with great people....hope to see some of you playing other games in the future!

no more card games. ufs was the last. i'll keep playing the old and dead pirates of the spanish main. still and always fun. myabe some ufs but i can't predict the course of events.

Right now it looks like I'll be drifting into Magic: The Gathering, and maybe into a tabletop RPG like Anima or D&D.

Otherwise, it looks like my card game days are done if things don't go well with MTG.

Back in october I was gifted a sizeable amount of Zendikar. Some of the folks around the office have been playing for fun, so I've dusted off my M:TG and been playing it a bit lately. I had thought about trying to play competitively, and I'm thinking I'll have more time to do so if I desire.

V:TES I've been playing since it was Jyhad. I'll still keep playing it. Probably more so now.

At the same time, I'll still own a crap ton of UFS, so I'll dust it off and play it every now and then.

As for a new CCG, "Never say never", but I don't see one in my future.

Man, I give up. I'm just going to play magic. I'm sick of watching games die whilst I work on decks for them.

Legend of the Five Rings and maybe some Pokemon as that game is great. Would play Warhammer Invasion, but they need to balance it out first so its not a tard fest.

I'll still be playing UFS until my players stop showing up, but I'll have pokemon to play as well.

Legend of the Five Rings. It's been around a lot, and it's the only CCG i've found with a community that even comes close to ours. Plus, it's a lot of fun, i've been playing it on the side for a while. I play magic, but I just cannot play it competitively due to the community.

UFS, L5R(had a nasty Crane Dueling Honor run deck laying around here somewhere), MTG[love my Esper Affinity deck], Descent, D&D, may eventually once i get a job FINALLY get into Warmachine/Hordes as i've been threatening my local league that i'm gonna jump in and own everyone. MAY Get back into Pokemon though i havent made a succesful deck since my old Dewgong/Kadabra[base] deck, meh.

N.J.

DoubleD said:

Legend of the Five Rings and maybe some Pokemon as that game is great. Would play Warhammer Invasion, but they need to balance it out first so its not a tard fest.

I would like to play L5R, but the people here don't play anything besides Magic or YuGiOh. I wish I could live up in Green Bay, seems like your area is kick ass for gaming and the store up there is great too.

Games other than UFS?

Eeh... I started up Warmachine/Hordes awhile back, and I might just get more into it. I like the MK2 rules, so... yeah.

As far as card games are concerned? I'm definitely out for a while. Nothing that's currently on the market interests me, and I don't foresee anything that could make me change this stance.

vermillian said:

So what games are we going to be playing now?

Lately, I've barely time to meet with my locals, so its primarily been MMOs and Facebook game haunting, with some occasional Warhammer Invasion the LCG. I highly recommend the latter.

How about ya'll?

Though I wouldn't mind having a nice long game of V:TES if I can find where I put that crap.

I'll keep playing UFS until this playgroup dissolves, which will probably take at least a month or two. After that... well, I still have a shitload of Naruto and Pokemon cards.

Training MMA and playing video games.

My cardio is ****** amazing; I never tire out. I don't want to lose that feature.

Other than that, Pokemon seems like the next best CCG to play. You can disagree all you want, but they have had consistent prize support, consistent handling, and consistent organized play. Also, having different divisions to separate the age groups is too incredible that nobody else does it.

I might just CCGs all together, get off my ass, and do something productive, like renovating my house.

I've been playing the Call of Cthulhu LCG since the coreset, will continue with that as it's a fantastic game with great flavor.

I will also be getting on the Warhammer bandwagon here soon.

I suggest everyone look into Monsterpocalypse . It's a CMG, and the first several sets were designed by Erik Yaple. The game is rather awesome. It's all about giant monsters fighting in and destroying cities.

I can't speak for my playgroup...
I am no longer playing ccg's... UFS was the last one I truly enjoyed...
I no longer enjoy Magic at all...

mattkohls said:

I've been playing the Call of Cthulhu LCG since the coreset, will continue with that as it's a fantastic game with great flavor.

No games for now... well, gives me more time for meeting girls.

MTG burns too big a hole in the pocket for me to play now.

mattkohls said:

I'm thinking the same thing. I have a couple core sets of Call and there is a small group that is learning the WarHammer game at the moment I might pick that up. Now.