Gencon next week! Please take photos!

By Supertoe, in BattleLore

Oh, Jesus. What a bunch of Nervous Nellies.

We will have FFG staff working on art and minis for the Runewars universe. You DON'T think that can easily spill into the Battlelore game?

When elves are designed for the mass combat game, Elves WILL appear for Battlelore.

i dont think there will ever be elves designed for runewars miniaturers game. i dont think this game will have any sucess.

And with that failure Battlelore and the whole Runebound Terrinoth series comes to an end. The newer editions and the old runewars sold middle to low, not good enough to bring the races to 6 for all plus compability rules to play them together, for example, battlelore batlles in the runewars game, descent 2 quests in the runewars game. Terrinoth could have been a real major fantasy world, but with that small investment and short minded one-product poilitic it just becomes a major failure.

Edited by magicrealm

Oh, Jesus. What a bunch of Nervous Nellies.

We will have FFG staff working on art and minis for the Runewars universe. You DON'T think that can easily spill into the Battlelore game?

When elves are designed for the mass combat game, Elves WILL appear for Battlelore.

No, I don't think that. The same way that design work of new cards for AGOT LCG 2e didn't spill anything into the 2012 AGOT Card Game.

Edited by Don_Silvarro

The 2012 agot game was a quick tv show tie in based on the 1st edition LCG, the new LCG should have no impact on that standalone game.

I do think we would have had an elven gencon release if not for runewars, I think it's been delayed not cancelled.

I was impressed when FFG released undead across 3 terrinoth games at the same time. I expect a similar simultaneous elven release across games, with both battlelore and runewars factions announced together.

Failure of Terrinoth series? Do you realize that Descent sales tripled after RtL and that Chains that Rust sold out at GenCon?

I think that we will see more content.

But to be honest: the mechanic is very cool but the setting is too generic.

Imagine if FFG would use their Warhammer license, specially with the dead of the old Warhammer, for a Battlelore-Series Game. This would sell like cold beer on a shiny summer day!

Imagine if FFG would use their Warhammer license, specially with the dead of the old Warhammer, for a Battlelore-Series Game. This would sell like cold beer on a shiny summer day!

What WarHammer license? Not saying they don't still have it, but if you followed a little bit the recent happenings, you'd see how none of us is ready to bet a penny on the relationships between the two companies continuing in the future...

Additionally, even if things don't go south, I hardly believe that GW will accept a WH miniature game produced by another company

Failure of Terrinoth series? Do you realize that Descent sales tripled after RtL and that Chains that Rust sold out at GenCon?

I'd wager that's more to do with the fact that Descent is a good game regardless of its frankly generic-to-the-point-of-being-functionally-non-existent setting. It would sell at least as well, and most probably better, if it had literally any other fantasy IP as a setting.

I'd wager that's more to do with the fact that Descent is a good game regardless of its frankly generic-to-the-point-of-being-functionally-non-existent setting. It would sell at least as well, and most probably better, if it had literally any other fantasy IP as a setting.

Frankly, I enjoy Descent specifically because it is set in Terrinoth. Granted, there might not be much fluff, but what is there is actually decent. On a more interesting note, I'm hoping they will take the time to develop some lore like they did with Android.

As for the Warhammer licence, I'm actually kind of fed up of seeing it everywhere. I enjoy it as an RPG setting with Warhammer 2nd edition, but it's quite basic at its core: corruption is always the cause of everything.

i dont think there will ever be elves designed for runewars miniaturers game. i dont think this game will have any sucess.

And with that failure Battlelore and the whole Runebound Terrinoth series comes to an end. The newer editions and the old runewars sold middle to low, not good enough to bring the races to 6 for all plus compability rules to play them together, for example, battlelore batlles in the runewars game, descent 2 quests in the runewars game. Terrinoth could have been a real major fantasy world, but with that small investment and short minded one-product poilitic it just becomes a major failure.

What about Runebound 3rd edition? You know, the bestselling game that got released last year, and has just started getting expansions? That's going to fail?

The biggest issue with the world was that FFG refused to support it. Those days are over.

Edited by Toenail

What about Runebound 3rd edition? You know, the bestselling game that got released last year, and has just started getting expansions? That's going to fail?

The biggest issue with the world was that FFG refused to support it. Those days are over.

I expect runebound 3rd edition to fail.

In terms of world building terrinoth was at its best in the age of runebound 2nd edition, descent 1st edition (RTL) and runewars. Back then the game settings were more closely tied together and the same hero could be used across multiple games, they would even be released for one game containing cards for the others.

FFG abandoned that kind of world building when they stopped supporting runebound and runewars and started descent 2nd edition, with its new art direction and meneran fluff.

Now FFG is back on track and is again setting up the same type of cross game heroics, in the new runebound and runewars. This time they have learnt a lot more about developing an IP and I fully expect terrinoth to be a better developed fantasy setting in the future.