Gencon next week! Please take photos!

By Supertoe, in BattleLore

If elves end up being at gencon, I want everyone on here to take as many spoiler pics as they can and post them!

Edited by Toenail

If elves end up being at gencon, I want everyone on here to take as many spoiler pics as they can and post them!

:lol: +1

Yeah, here's hoping. If nothing else I hope there might be some mention of something in the works.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but both Daqan and Uthuk expansions were announced at GenCon out of the blue, right?

Only Daqan out of the blue. Uthuk are red

(ok, this was terrible)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but both Daqan and Uthuk expansions were announced at GenCon out of the blue, right?

I think it was the Undead expansions that were announced at GenCon with just a few months before they were released, not the Daqan/Uthuk.

Dang. They didn't announce it. It's been over a year since the last announcement.

So what custom fan expansion should we do first?

I had this cool idea for generals, which wouldn't need any more figures, and provides a way to fix weak units.

Edited by Toenail

Dang. They didn't announce it. It's been over a year since the last announcement.

So what custom fan expansion should we do first?

I had this cool idea for generals, which wouldn't need any more figures, and provides a way to fix weak units.

The announcements from this week were made so that they can demo them at GenCon. Future releases that will not be available to demo may yet be announced during their In-Flight Report. There's still a chance we'll get an announcement about the Latari Elves.

I think it was the Undead expansions that were announced at GenCon with just a few months before they were released, not the Daqan/Uthuk.

Were they? They were originally announce on the website June 8: https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2015/6/8/the-undead-are-coming/

Which was 2 months before GenCon.

Yeah, I guess so. I knew it was in the summer and there was only a few months wait between the announcement and them hitting the shelves.

FFG has announced a lot these past 2 weeks.

A new LCG (arkham horror)

Mansions of madness 2nd edition (available now)

A new rpg

A campaign system for armada

2 New aGoT games

A new game in the android universe

A collectible star wars game

The DOOM board game

There's also a lot of stuff available to purchase for the first time at gencon.

FFG has already done a few GenCon's worth of announcements so anything else is a bonus, but we all know there will be a few surprises in store.

Descent, imperial assault, x-wing, SW RPG are all due announcements.

I hope we see elves as well but I'm not sure how they'll fit that announcement in with all that awesomeness.

I expect at least one strange announcement, e.g. a dog's of war system for x-wing league play, a living RPG campaign or marvel licensing agreement.

Two shelves under Descent and Runebound expansions at FFG store are marked 'check back after ffg annual inflight report'

So there's hope...

One shelf for Battlelore and one shelf for runewars.

Thanks guys, keep up the good work. Cautiously optimistic.

Two shelves under Descent and Runebound expansions at FFG store are marked 'check back after ffg annual inflight report'

So there's hope...

That's great news!

One shelf for each elf expansion!

Question is, why did they not announce it before like they did with the others?

Edited by Toenail

Stuff announced before GenCon means it's demoable at GenCon. Stuff announced at GenCon will be made available for demos on other occasions

So thus when will the inflight report be announced ?

Never mind,.1 pm today. Not sure if that is eastern or central time though. I live in the mountain time zone where EVERYTHING (including the opening Olympic Games..ugh) are 1 hour delay..stupid!

Edited by Caboose

So thus when will the inflight report be announced ?

Inflight report begins today at 1pm central Eastern time, and is usually about an hour and a half long.

Edited by Toenail

so, 2 hours from now, right?

They said they'll be doing more IP books like the world of Android book because it was so popular. This will only be for FFG-owned IPs, but that means the Runebound universe is bound to get a book about the world! I'm excited!

New Runewars minaiture game!!!!!

Yup, and zero Elves announced

New Runewars minaiture game!!!!!

What?

And zero elves.

Okay, so fan expansions then?

I feel guilty, but I really like the way RuneWars is looking. I can't wait to learn more! Sorry, BattleLore.

I think we might still get elves