TheDearth presents: NPC & Creatures Cards

By the_dearth, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire RPG

What is the ID number for ?

Thanks good job

First, thank you for your feedback. I make these to contribute to the community and that's what keeps me going as it is a lot of work.

So I've used these for a couple of games now and they are literally AMAZING! Thanks so much for creating them?!

Really great to bring together the info from the books into a nice bite-sized chunk for the table.

Is there a set one for the creatures in the database too?

All the best,

Andy

There is no set for anything besides the Adversaries yet. Right now, I have to write a manual scraper that scrapes the data from the website. Due to how the website is set up, this was quite tedious. I'd love to cooperate with the author of the website as just having the database would be so much easier but unfortunately he did not get back to me yet (and I tried many different avenues).

Once I have time, I might get back to the other categories but this won't happen in the foreseeable future.

SFC Snuffy, on 07 Oct 2016 - 5:20 PM, said:

One minor question for the OP; your "promo art" in the first post features a lovely tuckbox... would you happen to have plans for such a thing? Or was that just a mockup (if so, great job!)?

It's just a fancy mockup using the fantastic template of PSD Covers . If you are dedicated enough though, I am sure you could find a template for such a box and just overlay the image, print it on card board, glue it together and make yourself a box. This is the image I put together for the mockup.

What is the ID number for ?

Thanks good job

Each thing on http://swrpg.viluppo.net/ has an ID which you can see in the url.

e.g.:

http://swrpg.viluppo.net/adversaries/adversary/2694/

As you can see here, its ID is 2694 and you should find the same ID on the Ironarm Stormtrooper Commander [Nemesis] it links to. It's just a way to link cards and the sites together, though it is not very obvious.

Edited by thedearth2

This is fantastic, going to be immensely useful for my game.

As for errors; I noticed page 126 "Swamptrooper" is spelled Swamptro pp er.

That was actually an error in the original index at http://swrpg.viluppo.net/adversaries/adversary/2013/

That mis-spelling is now fixed.

Thanks!

Very good cards. Actually printed some for my upcoming adventure Hidden Depts. I have made plenty of my own NPC Cards but yours seem to contain everything I want on a card although they are a bit smaller than my own cards.

I did notice that the list don't contain any Creatures. Do you plan to include them too among the cards?

Thank you so much for your work!

It may sound ungreatful which is not my intention, but do you have plans for the creatures too?

You could add the G1-M4-C Dunelizard fighter from the official scenario "Long Arm of the Hutt"

Thanks for the reply on the ID I didn't know !

Edit : Error on your passenger landspeeder, the vehicle has a passenger capacity of 3, not 1.

Edited by Rosco74

Is there a downloadable Photoshop file template? I'd love to be able to make my own like this.

Also, your cards work for me perfectly...basically I build decks to their adventure and have it all play out so nicely! Thank you thank you

Would it be possible to add checkboxes for wounds received? That way we can track how much damage each NPC or group has taken. A related request would be to have pre-compiled Minion Groups of various sizes, so we can pull out "3 groups of 4 Stormtroopers each", and just cross off wounds as they're received.

ohhh pretty, These will come in super handy for my groups sessions.

Thanks for sharing =D

On 1/25/2017 at 8:44 AM, jester14723 said:

Is there a downloadable Photoshop file template? I'd love to be able to make my own like this.

Also, your cards work for me perfectly...basically I build decks to their adventure and have it all play out so nicely! Thank you thank you

I'm glad that they are useful for you! The cards are created in InDesign but are based on another template I created:

Maybe that could help?

On 1/25/2017 at 10:45 PM, Pyremius said:

Would it be possible to add checkboxes for wounds received? That way we can track how much damage each NPC or group has taken. A related request would be to have pre-compiled Minion Groups of various sizes, so we can pull out "3 groups of 4 Stormtroopers each", and just cross off wounds as they're received.

The wounds received is an interesting idea, I'll put it onto the list. The pre-compiling is a little hard to define in order not to put too many combinations in the files.

I have your old template but I would like your new one that is vertical, it's easier on my printer and so I don't have to find images

These are awesome - will definitely be using. Thanks!

Quick question - is there any way to make a customisable version of these that doesn't require an understanding of photoshop/PSD formats etc. for those of us who aren't so technically minded. For example, if there were a fillable PDF for Minion/Rival/Nemesis...? Don't know how easy such a thing would be to achieve.

Wow I just found this by luck looking for star wars NPC cards. This is amazing!

On 1/29/2017 at 11:57 PM, jester14723 said:

I have your old template but I would like your new one that is vertical, it's easier on my printer and so I don't have to find images

I'll see if I can make a template. Would InDesign work?

On 2/9/2017 at 2:32 PM, edwardavern said:

These are awesome - will definitely be using. Thanks!

Quick question - is there any way to make a customisable version of these that doesn't require an understanding of photoshop/PSD formats etc. for those of us who aren't so technically minded. For example, if there were a fillable PDF for Minion/Rival/Nemesis...? Don't know how easy such a thing would be to achieve.

I might be able to create a fillable PDF but it would be pretty simple (no dice symbols most likely). Would that help?

22 hours ago, Ceodryn said:

Wow I just found this by luck looking for star wars NPC cards. This is amazing!

Thank you! I've been trying since I posted it that it gets added in the general resource thread but for some reasons the PMs are not answered and the posts to include it go unnoticed.

Edited by thedearth2
19 minutes ago, thedearth2 said:

I might be able to create a fillable PDF but it would be pretty simple (no dice symbols most likely). Would that help?

Yes, that would be awesome.

On 13.02.2017 at 7:21 PM, edwardavern said:

Yes, that would be awesome.

Bump! Even a blank template that you could print and fill with pencil would be nice.

On 5/28/2016 at 7:39 PM, thedearth2 said:

6v4vbrU.png

February 2017:

133 Creature Cards / v1.0 / PDF

Download

Template:

Additionally, some of you have asked for an empty, fillable template which I have created as well:

Download

It's fillable with Adobe Reader and should allow you to create your own cards. The template functionalities are pretty limited, e.g. no dice symbols.

Little update!

As always, I have horrible attention to details, so things might have slipped. If you see something, please let me know.

Awesome.

Fantastic resource, thanks for all the hard work put into this! Much appreciated!

I'm loving these cards as well as the templates you created for the gear/weapons/ships in your other thread!

I'm considering having these printed by a card printing service, could the card files be zipped in an archive as a simple image format like png, jpeg, gif, etc? That would make it much easier for printing specific cards needed based on how they require each "face" of the card to be its own file.

Also did anything come of the plan to include a plug-in for Strange Eons or MSE or something for either project?

indesign would totally work,THANK YOU! Your work has helped me so much, it is the most valuable tool I have , again Thank you thank you

Are you working on a weapon/gear/ship cards? I use https://kainrath.wordpress.com/ and I love it. And, I use your NPC cards every session...I basically build decks for each encounter. I'd love a gear (survival,tools, etc.). No image are needed but a complete card base for them would prove immensely helpful. Again, thank you for all of your hard work, it does not go unnoticed or unappreciated.

Thank you so much for this awesome resource!!!!

On 7/27/2017 at 4:14 PM, jester14723 said:

Are you working on a weapon/gear/ship cards? I use https://kainrath.wordpress.com/ and I love it. And, I use your NPC cards every session...I basically build decks for each encounter. I'd love a gear (survival,tools, etc.). No image are needed but a complete card base for them would prove immensely helpful. Again, thank you for all of your hard work, it does not go unnoticed or unappreciated.

So far I'm not, as it's quite high effort, and there are a few projects underway that use my template to create them.

Thank you! If you like the project, please consider advocating for it to be added in the sticky resource thread. My repeated requests of them to be added are ignored since posting the cards.

Thank you for the great template you've made.

I did modify it though to make it more to my liking. Yours was more accentuated toward the picture representation of the card while I preferred to have room for bigger and more text to properly define the card

I've made a bunch so far, I like the result. I don't know where this will lead me to but will see eventually.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/z9patw6cyk3m55h/AAAXuA1O2B1BFnZGTtlQxsd2a?dl=0