have they given up..........

By rulemonkey, in UFS General Discussion

DvON said:

Brutal Legend was fun(couldnt find the umlaut) great story track and sence of humor. too bad brutal was rather not brutal

guitalex2008 said:

DvON said:

Brutal Legend was fun(couldnt find the umlaut) great story track and sence of humor. too bad brutal was rather not brutal

...did you accidentally say yes to censoring gore and blood in the first cinematic? I don't know how things being dismembered, gored, decapitated, turned into a heap of nothing from being rn over by a car, cutting things with a huge battle axe or blowing them up are not considered brutal by you...

Havent not play'd it at all my guess is he was referring to the difficulty

yes sam is right as long as you know the unit scales, you can breeze through the brutal difficulty. dont get me wrong i loved the game but i think the RTS was a poor choice, with what they had made i would ahve loved it if the game played like physconauts

DvON said:

yes sam is right as long as you know the unit scales, you can breeze through the brutal difficulty. dont get me wrong i loved the game but i think the RTS was a poor choice, with what they had made i would ahve loved it if the game played like physconauts

Okay... I was able to play on Brutal until the assualt on Lionwhyte's Pleasuredome. How do you run through that on Brutal, because It stumped me. (That said, once I switched to Normal, I breezed through the rest of the game)

Antigoth said:

DvON said:

Okay... I was able to play on Brutal until the assualt on Lionwhyte's Pleasuredome. How do you run through that on Brutal, because It stumped me. (That said, once I switched to Normal, I breezed through the rest of the game)

if i win the lottery im making my own pleasure dome. Roadies plain and simple, well not that plain but roadies are invisible unless their in CQC and tear down buildings like no one else. command your other units, using face melters rock blockers and Call of the wilds and just ninja your way around with roadies. Also use the deuce in combat, most people forget about it when the wings pop out but the weapons on it are amazing

DvON said:

if i win the lottery im making my own pleasure dome. Roadies plain and simple, well not that plain but roadies are invisible unless their in CQC and tear down buildings like no one else. command your other units, using face melters rock blockers and Call of the wilds and just ninja your way around with roadies. Also use the deuce in combat, most people forget about it when the wings pop out but the weapons on it are amazing

Interesting - I kept having the roadies get thrashed. Plus I wasn't able to build up the stage fast enough to get roadies. (On Brutal.)

I'll have to giver another shot one of these years.

Antigoth said:

DvON said:

Interesting - I kept having the roadies get thrashed. Plus I wasn't able to build up the stage fast enough to get roadies. (On Brutal.)

keep your roadies seperated from all your other units their like solid snake or james bond, works best with 1 friend (eddie) but the plow is one of the biggest things oh and the flaming blimp of death good times

Antigoth said:

DvON said:

1- Fly to the opponent stage.

2- drop there quickly

3-FACEMEEEEEELTEEEEEEEEEEER

4-go away and spawn MOAR UNITS

5-repeat

6-???

7- PROFIT!

Admiral Ren said:

Antigoth said:

DvON said:

1- Fly to the opponent stage.

2- there quickly

3-Bring it Home

4-go away and spawn MOAR UNITS

5-repeat

6-Make merch booths

7-Roadies

8- Win

i fixed it

yeah, a bit better. but bring it home take way to much time to solo it. this is why the facemelter is better. putting the rally flag right in the front of the enneny stage can also be proven useful,

Admiral Ren said:

yeah, a bit better. but bring it home take way to much time to solo it. this is why the facemelter is better. putting the rally flag right in the front of the enneny stage can also be proven useful,

but it takes the longest to recharge , dose the most damage and largest range, use the long recharge solos first

Antigoth said:

Regarding my desire for World Peace, and an end to Hunger and Famine - Since we were discussing what we all want, I figured I'd throw that out there. A little random sure, but sure gives some perspective doesn't it?

And the only relation I can connect KH with UFS is that they are both by the same company and they both have doomsday threads.

JDub said:

Despite the people saying "hey everything is fine stop with the Judgement Day threads". Well they were wrong.

i hope that the game is not going under. i just got back into and i like to play with the old stuff as well as the new stuff

Shaneth said:

JDub said:

Despite the people saying "hey everything is fine stop with the Judgement Day threads". Well they were wrong.

Exactly. Why can't people see that?

You know what Shaneth.

You win.

The game is going under.

People are going to stop buying UFS because you've brainwashed them into thinking the game is done.

Aren't you proud of yourself?

I guess I should stop posting on the forums, stop issuing rulings, because Shaneth has decreed the game is dying which means I'm just wasting my time.

Thanks for enlightening me bud. You're my hero now.

Antigoth said:

Shaneth said:

JDub said:

Exactly. Why can't people see that?

You know what Shaneth.

You win.

The game is going under.

People are going to stop buying UFS because you've brainwashed them into thinking the game is done.

Aren't you proud of yourself?

I guess I should stop posting on the forums, stop issuing rulings, because Shaneth has decreed the game is dying which means I'm just wasting my time.

Thanks for enlightening me bud. You're my hero now.

Hi Brian,

Do you remember me? I met you at PoTM when I thought this game was actually good. I actually defended them up until they screwed over the majority of players. I have a penny arcade promo card in my binder right now that Steve had said that they were reprinting and we could play with those cards again. Why were we told that when they released the penny arcade stuff as a stand alone game. Why were we told in a SoTG that the decision to rotated early was months in the making when you came on here months later and said it was a spur of the moment thing. Are they moving the game forward? My playgroup doesn't think so, nor do I. I respect the fact that you are trying to make the forums less of ***** session(one of the complaints that we talked about that day at PoTM). I disagree with a lot of people here now that say the game is good now. I tried playing in Newfs. I found that it left a bitter taste in my mouth(Hatman you may make a smart-alec comment on that if you want). I have moved on from UFS and found Legend of the 5 Rings. The community is much better and the developers are at least communicative towards the players(and the apologize for mistakes). I will always have a place in my heart for everyone that I met through this game however I can't blindly follow a company/game that I don't believe in anymore.

Best wishes to everyone here,

Kimano

kimano said:

Hi Brian,

Do you remember me? I met you at PoTM when I thought this game was actually good. I actually defended them up until they screwed over the majority of players. I have a penny arcade promo card in my binder right now that Steve had said that they were reprinting and we could play with those cards again. Why were we told that when they released the penny arcade stuff as a stand alone game. Why were we told in a SoTG that the decision to rotated early was months in the making when you came on here months later and said it was a spur of the moment thing. Are they moving the game forward? My playgroup doesn't think so, nor do I. I respect the fact that you are trying to make the forums less of ***** session(one of the complaints that we talked about that day at PoTM). I disagree with a lot of people here now that say the game is good now. I tried playing in Newfs. I found that it left a bitter taste in my mouth(Hatman you may make a smart-alec comment on that if you want). I have moved on from UFS and found Legend of the 5 Rings. The community is much better and the developers are at least communicative towards the players(and the apologize for mistakes). I will always have a place in my heart for everyone that I met through this game however I can't blindly follow a company/game that I don't believe in anymore.

Kimano

Penny Arcade was released as a stand-alone game, quite frankly because its power level was unimaginable for UFS. As the first set, the game was too young and the power level of cards wasn't palpable until further down the road. No one in their right mind wanted Penny Arcade back. No one wanted to deal with Dirty Pool making anything unblockable. No one wanted Tycho to come back and full block anything by just turning sideways. No one wanted to deal with the insane discard in the set. No one wanted Treachery and Fruit ****** back. No one wanted Rare Card re-readying PotM or anything else for that matter. No one wanted Gabe to suck.

Since none of these were going to change, voila. Why bother reprinting just one card that will allow abuse by re-readying a character by turning sideways when we have a card with an actual cost (Quick Exit) that does the same thing? And best of all, Quick Exit doesn't have Fire, Earth or Death, along with most of the good cards in the format right now.

The game has returned from "let's see who plays more foundations and negates, gains life and reduces damage the most before the other person gets out the same **** cards" and moved on to a format where attacking is the most important thing. This is a game based on fighting. It's freaking CALLED the Universal FIGHTING System, not the Universal Stalling System. It is a lot closer to its ideal state than it has EVER been, and this is coming from someone who's been in this since the second set was released.

If you don't see how much better the new UFS format is, then simply put, you are quite LITERALLY blind.

Have fun in L5R.

guitalex2008 said:

kimano said:

Hi Brian,

Kimano

Penny Arcade was released as a stand-alone game, quite frankly because its power level was unimaginable for UFS. As the first set, the game was too young and the power level of cards wasn't palpable until further down the road. No one in their right mind wanted Penny Arcade back. No one wanted to deal with Dirty Pool making anything unblockable. No one wanted Tycho to come back and full block anything by just turning sideways. No one wanted to deal with the insane discard in the set. No one wanted Treachery and Fruit ****** back. No one wanted Rare Card re-readying PotM or anything else for that matter. No one wanted Gabe to suck.

Since none of these were going to change, voila. Why bother reprinting just one card that will allow abuse by re-readying a character by turning sideways when we have a card with an actual cost (Quick Exit) that does the same thing? And best of all, Quick Exit doesn't have Fire, Earth or Death, along with most of the good cards in the format right now.

The game has returned from "let's see who plays more foundations and negates, gains life and reduces damage the most before the other person gets out the same **** cards" and moved on to a format where attacking is the most important thing. This is a game based on fighting. It's freaking CALLED the Universal FIGHTING System, not the Universal Stalling System. It is a lot closer to its ideal state than it has EVER been, and this is coming from someone who's been in this since the second set was released.

If you don't see how much better the new UFS format is, then simply put, you are quite LITERALLY blind.

Have fun in L5R.

Just because (in YOUR opinion) the UFS meta is in it's "ideal state" doesn't mean everyone else does. I don't think anyone is arguing the fact that it's not better now then the last format, it's about all the other stuff. I know people think I'm being "negative" or Shane is being negative but that's not it. I know where he is coming from, we care about this game and we don't want to see it die. But we are also not going to pretend everything is hunky dory when it isn't (and it's not). People are upset with the prize support. Attendance at Worlds and other large events have decreased every year since 2007. They are cutting back to save money, no foils, less releases per year, only one set at a time, etc. Sets have constantly been pushed back. The early rotation pissed a lot of people off and more players probably quit because of that then started again. I don't want this game to die but there are all the signs right there that this game is on it's way out. I'm not saying "OMG UFS is trash I hope this game dies. Whoever plays this game is stupid!" it's not like that at all. I'm saying all the signs that this game is about to kick the bucket are right in front of our faces and instead of FFG or anyone trying to fix it everyone is just acting like everything is fine. And anyone that says other wise is a troll. There is obviously a group of players that are upset about how things are right now, how can you ignore them and push them under the rug like they don't matter? They aren't upset for no reason. Maybe it's just me but if there are enough players who are upset and are quitting and there are "Judgment Day" threads popping up all over I'd be a little concerned if I was a player or FFG. The game itself could be the best it's ever been but it's everything else that is driving away the players. You can have the greatest CCG ever but if no one wants to play it that doesn't mean jack. But maybe if we just ignore this it will all go away right?

And BTW they said they were going to probably re-print the Penny Arcade sets but with UPDATED and balanced effects. And they were going to try and re-print the Penny Arcade promo.

Antigoth said:

DvON said:

Antigoth said:

Back on the subject at hand...people have been saying 'the game's dying!!' since I started the game...3 years ago? The only ones who really know how well the game is doing is Fantasy Flight, and until the game's actually cancelled, I dont see what all the bitching and kvetching is meant to solve. If anything, it makes it worse since newcomers are just going to see that kvetching and take that as gospel truth making any issue worse. As is, they've already said they dont read the forums much so how is anything you say here HELPING the game?

JDub said:

And BTW they said they were going to probably re-print the Penny Arcade sets but with UPDATED and balanced effects. And they were going to try and re-print the Penny Arcade promo.

Yeah, kinda disappointing. I would've liked to see what the re-work would've looked like...

JDub said:

guitalex2008 said:

kimano said:

Hi Brian,

Kimano

Have fun in L5R.

Just because (in YOUR opinion) the UFS meta is in it's "ideal state" doesn't mean everyone else does. I don't think anyone is arguing the fact that it's not better now then the last format, it's about all the other stuff. I know people think I'm being "negative" or Shane is being negative but that's not it. I know where he is coming from, we care about this game and we don't want to see it die. But we are also not going to pretend everything is hunky dory when it isn't (and it's not). People are upset with the prize support. Attendance at Worlds and other large events have decreased every year since 2007. They are cutting back to save money, no foils, less releases per year, only one set at a time, etc. Sets have constantly been pushed back. The early rotation pissed a lot of people off and more players probably quit because of that then started again. I don't want this game to die but there are all the signs right there that this game is on it's way out. I'm not saying "OMG UFS is trash I hope this game dies. Whoever plays this game is stupid!" it's not like that at all. I'm saying all the signs that this game is about to kick the bucket are right in front of our faces and instead of FFG or anyone trying to fix it everyone is just acting like everything is fine. And anyone that says other wise is a troll. There is obviously a group of players that are upset about how things are right now, how can you ignore them and push them under the rug like they don't matter? They aren't upset for no reason. Maybe it's just me but if there are enough players who are upset and are quitting and there are "Judgment Day" threads popping up all over I'd be a little concerned if I was a player or FFG. The game itself could be the best it's ever been but it's everything else that is driving away the players. You can have the greatest CCG ever but if no one wants to play it that doesn't mean jack. But maybe if we just ignore this it will all go away right?

JDub said:

guitalex2008 said:

kimano said:

Hi Brian,

Kimano

Have fun in L5R.

What have the doom criers done to actually improve the state of the game or improve the community? How much effort have they put in to talking to FFG and not just Steve about the game. I assume the guy has a boss. If people are mad put the information out on the forums for people to have a day to call FFG and complain that way. Its called organized protest. But hey I bet people want someone else to do that work as well. When it comes down to it a lot of people want to ***** but not put in work. People want to complain about the forums but not hold their toungue on things. I've attacked ideas and avoided attacking people. There is a big difference. People here attack people. So if folks want to do something effective arrange a protest. Set a day. Call the company . iF THEY DON'T RESPOND THE GAME IS DEAD. Then move on.

darklogos said:

What have the doom criers done to actually improve the state of the game or improve the community?

Nothing.

And that is the main issue. Crying wolf about the game dying doesn't exactly make people interested in the game to want to buy product if it's just going to die. But it's not dying.

It's not an issue of ignoring what's going on, it's an issue of blowing up what's going on insanely out of proportion and driving players away with useless doomsday cries, as if that would have any sort of positive effect on the game or the community. Instead, they're dividing the community, driving away players and thinking they're not part of the problem.

Hopefully this answers your question perfectly.

edit: Also, in case anyone cares, the state of the game being healthy is not MY opinion. Only a very small minority does not agree with this. VERY small, not enough to kill the game off.

JDub said:

I don't think anyone is arguing the fact that it's not better now then the last format, it's about all the other stuff. I know people think I'm being "negative" or Shane is being negative but that's not it. I know where he is coming from, we care about this game and we don't want to see it die. But we are also not going to pretend everything is hunky dory when it isn't (and it's not). People are upset with the prize support. Attendance at Worlds and other large events have decreased every year since 2007. They are cutting back to save money, no foils, less releases per year, only one set at a time, etc. Sets have constantly been pushed back. The early rotation pissed a lot of people off and more players probably quit because of that then started again. I don't want this game to die but there are all the signs right there that this game is on it's way out. I'm not saying "OMG UFS is trash I hope this game dies. Whoever plays this game is stupid!" it's not like that at all. I'm saying all the signs that this game is about to kick the bucket are right in front of our faces and instead of FFG or anyone trying to fix it everyone is just acting like everything is fine. And anyone that says other wise is a troll. There is obviously a group of players that are upset about how things are right now, how can you ignore them and push them under the rug like they don't matter? They aren't upset for no reason. Maybe it's just me but if there are enough players who are upset and are quitting and there are "Judgment Day" threads popping up all over I'd be a little concerned if I was a player or FFG. The game itself could be the best it's ever been but it's everything else that is driving away the players. You can have the greatest CCG ever but if no one wants to play it that doesn't mean jack. But maybe if we just ignore this it will all go away right?

I'm not gonna pretend the game is being handled fine when it's not. I love this game. It's in all honesty the best CCG I've ever played. To see it being mistreated is demoralizing.

Here's a little snip from a conversation I had with Hata at Nats 09.

Shane: "So Hata, how do you like your new job?"
Hata: "It's good."
Shane "Do you miss New York?"
Hata: "Yeah, a little bit."
Shane: "Would you go back if you could?"
Hata: *shrug* ... ... I don't want UFS to die.

I still got some ounces of hope riding with that last statement.

Shane could you please be specific in how you think the game is being mishandled? I understand your complaint about crappy prize support, but what else? Or have I just missed it happy.gif

this thread was never meant to be a "doomsayer" thread. It was to point out signs I saw and what other peoples thoughts were on what appears to be a change in how the players are being treated and informed.

the problem is threads get turned in to a "doomsayer" thread cause people dont take the time to actually read what was said and not type your first thing that pops in your head. Someone actually did this and said this stuff was addressed and i asked for links to the threads or posts and got nothing.

I dont think anyone on these boards want the game to die.

rulemonkey said:

the problem is threads get turned in to a "doomsayer" thread cause people dont take the time to actually read what was said and not type your first thing that pops in your head. Someone actually did this and said this stuff was addressed and i asked for links to the threads or posts and got nothing.

THE TITLE OF THE THREAD IS "HAVE THEY GIVEN UP" NO QUESTION MARK.

Now you tell me what was written that overlaps this? Seriously, write better and I'll bother to read your post. There's no DURR HURR INTERNET if you want to be serious. Clear and concise communication is the key to success.

Also, not getting miffed at the fact that people may not share your thoughts.