have they given up..........

By rulemonkey, in UFS General Discussion

Antigoth said:

Knowing that your posts on this forum about prize support do nothing to correct the issue - are you going to continue to post about it on a regular basis? Are you going to continue to work to create a poison envionment? Or are you going to do something else to help UFS?

Wow, I just quoted the end but you are putting a lot of effort into this Antigoth and it deserves commendation. I too feel strongly about this issue (posting postive messages as opposed to complaints) but I don't write about it often...

I think the true test will be time, for now I just enjoy what I got.

- dut

Homme Chapeau said:

You start a revolution Lars.

Brutal Legend said:

Would you like to start a Revolution:
NOW or LATER

NOW - Lets get on the BUS and get us some FANS!

Antigoth said:

If you have a retailer who feels that they are being undercut by the Holiday sale, please have them contact FFG.

Something FFG did last year, and I'm not spending the time to find the small print this year - is that retailers can contact FFG so they can arrange to sell the merchandise that they have on hand for the same prices as FFG.

If the retailer can unload their product at the same prices, and FFG is helping the retailer unload extra unwanted product - HOW IS FFG SCREWING THE RETAILER?

All the store has to do is call FFG.

Regarding Prize Support "Sucking":

Sure, Perfect memory may not be a fantastic card. But would you rather that or promo fish man? The players complained that prize support wasn't strong enough. They complained that prize support is too strong. In another thread you'll probably be complaining that Paid to Protect is too good. There is no win for FFG. No matter what they do, someone is going to complain.

RE: Worlds "Not being what they were."

2008 FFG was hamstrung, and restricted on the amount of space they had. It wasn't their choice. So they implemented the qualifier system. People were up in arms, and many people boycotted worlds because of that. FFG had no choice, and had to plan based on the previous years experience. They didn't know there was going to be the backlash that there was.

2009 - Steve booked the event, left it open for everyone, and ran it as they did. He wanted to see who would show up to Play UFS. He wanted to see what the true unabashed, non-bribed to come play version of the worlds looked like. He didn't like what he saw any more then you did. What did he do about it? He immediately announced rotation in an effort to try and make the game more accessible. To try and purge the negative environment from the game.

FFG took immediate action, good or bad.
The prize support was significantly improved this year over last year. We've already agreed on that. You still feel it's not good enough. That's cool. Steve has said that they are constantly working on fine tuning the prize support system. They haven't said that "this is the only way it's going to be."

Regarding Me "Always defending the Authorities."

• FFG does not actively participate in the boards. If someone does not post counterpoints, and try to illuminate and clarify the issues, and give both sides, it starts looking rather poor.
  • Many folks approach me about how negative the boards seem. How they always seem to be "hating" on the game. If someone doesn't defend FFG, the boards continue to devolve. I love this game just like many of you. [i'm not going to try and get into a "who loves it more" debate, because that's completely unproductive.] My posting clarifying information is part of that love for this game.
  • I have not posted that I agree, or disagree with you that the prize support is sufficient. Please go back and read my comments. No where have I said that prize support fantastic, and is exactly what it should be. I have provided factual statements, clarifying what is given away. Where even you (Shaneth in this instance) said "I am happy that my team got those binders, and in it fact skyrocketed our playgroup. "
    You were in fact happy with the prize support you personally received for 2009 Worlds!
    It's great that you are crusading for everyone. But when you got awesome prize support, and you're pretending you got crappy prize support, that really paints the wrong picture, and reflects on you poorly.
  • I don't take my issues with FFG out on the forums. You have ways of contacting Steve and James directly. I have ways of contacting Steve and James directly. I choose to use those contacts selectively, and professionally. Point in case - Can Nats 2009 - There was going to be 0 Prize support there. I worked with FFG to get Prize supported Overnighted to Can Nats. (Paying for it out of my own pocket.) Was it fantastic? No. Was it better then having nothing? Hells yeah.
  • FFG Has actively stated they don't want to interact with their fans through the forums. They want to talk to you personally and directly via Email and phone. Many people seem to forget that.
  • From time to time I can say what FFG can't / won't. Because I am not an FFG employee, I have some liberties to say things that professionally they can't. I am however privy to certain information either as a Rules Arbiter, or simply through my contacts in the industry. If you'd prefer, I can stop sharing the knowledge that I have.
  • At the end of the day, if I have an issue, I work with FFG to get it resolved. Whether it's prize support for my players, product delays getting into the country, or what have you. Because of the respect I extend them, I have no complaints about how they have treated me. (Even from the first moment that they took over UFS, they have been fantastic in providing me information.) In kind, I will defend them, and give them the respect they have given me.

Regarding you "taking back everything you've said"

I don't want you to "take back everything you've said". I want you to be aware of what you're saying. I want you to be aware of your audience. The people reading your message is not FFG. It's new stores, new players, and returning players. If you are one of those three catagories, and you want to "play" UFS, would your actually drive these people to want to get involved with UFS? Would it sour people from even trying UFS?

At the end of the day, how you are choosing to handle the issue, is sabotaging your stated goal of having large player bases. Posting articles. Discussing decks and what works. Growing strategy behind the game - That grows the game. Outside of writing articles, I've gone so far as to pay people out of my own pocket to write articles. What are you doing? Complaining loudly, and massaging the message that you are sending to paint an inaccurate and poor light on FFG and UFS.

We all get that you aren't happy with Prize support. You've posted with great frequncy since returning to the game that you are unhappy with the prize support. Every time you post on the forums, you are told the same thing - CONTACT FFG. Instead of contacting FFG you wait a couple of week, and repost the same diatribe, sometimes using harsher language, sometimes not.

I don't need us to agree. I don't need to come to a mutal concensus.

I need you to focus your desire for change, and your desire for UFS's success in the right direction.

I need to get you on the same page as Darklogos, Viewtiful Joe, and even Shinji lately, who have all been posting intelligent discussion about UFS. Trying to grow the game.

The biggest thing that can help casual players - articles on how to deck build. Articles on how to play. *From my Experience* Casual players don't usually look at the prize support because usually I hear them saying "I can't win."

It's great that you miss the days of STG. FFG does not have the time and money to be able to provide that staffing Experience. The personal contact STG had is the single biggest mistake they made. It was not something that could be maintained. The only reason why they were able to provide the number of man hours in contact that they were, was because they were ramping down their product lines as a business. They had nothing else for their employees to do.

We have been asked... almost two years ago now... to let go of "how great the days of STG were."

Lets be realistic, memories embellish the good points. Lets think back to all of the complaints about how poor, inconsistent, yadda, yadda, yadda, the communication from STG was. Lets remember how many threads bitching because Steve was two weeks late with the SotG post. This isn't a new thing to FFG. This happened back at STG.

People bitched back then about how much of a sarcastic ******* Erik was. Sure... it was really great that he posted to the forums every now and then. Even though he generally ruffled peoples feathers and told them what they didn't want to hear.

At the end of the day, you are entitled to your opinions. You may also be surprised to know how I really feel about certain things. However, if you truly care about UFS, then you'll think about the message that you're sending when you post.

You'll think about how it impacts the board. The poison environment it creates that drives new, and existing players and stores from them. That same posion environment existed back in the days of STG. That same posion environment exists now.

Knowing that your posts on this forum about prize support do nothing to correct the issue - are you going to continue to post about it on a regular basis? Are you going to continue to work to create a poison envionment? Or are you going to do something else to help UFS?

Antigoth said:

If you have a retailer who feels that they are being undercut by the Holiday sale, please have them contact FFG.

Something FFG did last year, and I'm not spending the time to find the small print this year - is that retailers can contact FFG so they can arrange to sell the merchandise that they have on hand for the same prices as FFG.

If the retailer can unload their product at the same prices, and FFG is helping the retailer unload extra unwanted product - HOW IS FFG SCREWING THE RETAILER?

Sure, Perfect memory may not be a fantastic card. But would you rather that or promo fish man? The players complained that prize support wasn't strong enough. They complained that prize support is too strong. In another thread you'll probably be complaining that Paid to Protect is too good. There is no win for FFG. No matter what they do, someone is going to complain.

2008 FFG was hamstrung, and restricted on the amount of space they had. It wasn't their choice. So they implemented the qualifier system. People were up in arms, and many people boycotted worlds because of that. FFG had no choice, and had to plan based on the previous years experience. They didn't know there was going to be the backlash that there was.

2009 - Steve booked the event, left it open for everyone, and ran it as they did. He wanted to see who would show up to Play UFS. He wanted to see what the true unabashed, non-bribed to come play version of the worlds looked like. He didn't like what he saw any more then you did. What did he do about it? He immediately announced rotation in an effort to try and make the game more accessible. To try and purge the negative environment from the game.

The prize support was significantly improved this year over last year. We've already agreed on that. You still feel it's not good enough. That's cool. Steve has said that they are constantly working on fine tuning the prize support system. They haven't said that "this is the only way it's going to be."

• FFG does not actively participate in the boards. If someone does not post counterpoints, and try to illuminate and clarify the issues, and give both sides, it starts looking rather poor.
  • Many folks approach me about how negative the boards seem. How they always seem to be "hating" on the game. If someone doesn't defend FFG, the boards continue to devolve. I love this game just like many of you. [i'm not going to try and get into a "who loves it more" debate, because that's completely unproductive.] My posting clarifying information is part of that love for this game.
  • I have not posted that I agree, or disagree with you that the prize support is sufficient. Please go back and read my comments. No where have I said that prize support fantastic, and is exactly what it should be. I have provided factual statements, clarifying what is given away. Where even you (Shaneth in this instance) said "I am happy that my team got those binders, and in it fact skyrocketed our playgroup. "
    You were in fact happy with the prize support you personally received for 2009 Worlds!
    It's great that you are crusading for everyone. But when you got awesome prize support, and you're pretending you got crappy prize support, that really paints the wrong picture, and reflects on you poorly.
  • I don't take my issues with FFG out on the forums. You have ways of contacting Steve and James directly. I have ways of contacting Steve and James directly. I choose to use those contacts selectively, and professionally. Point in case - Can Nats 2009 - There was going to be 0 Prize support there. I worked with FFG to get Prize supported Overnighted to Can Nats. (Paying for it out of my own pocket.) Was it fantastic? No. Was it better then having nothing? Hells yeah.
  • FFG Has actively stated they don't want to interact with their fans through the forums. They want to talk to you personally and directly via Email and phone. Many people seem to forget that.
  • From time to time I can say what FFG can't / won't. Because I am not an FFG employee, I have some liberties to say things that professionally they can't. I am however privy to certain information either as a Rules Arbiter, or simply through my contacts in the industry. If you'd prefer, I can stop sharing the knowledge that I have.
  • At the end of the day, if I have an issue, I work with FFG to get it resolved. Whether it's prize support for my players, product delays getting into the country, or what have you. Because of the respect I extend them, I have no complaints about how they have treated me. (Even from the first moment that they took over UFS, they have been fantastic in providing me information.) In kind, I will defend them, and give them the respect they have given me.

I don't want you to "take back everything you've said". I want you to be aware of what you're saying. I want you to be aware of your audience. The people reading your message is not FFG. It's new stores, new players, and returning players. If you are one of those three catagories, and you want to "play" UFS, would your actually drive these people to want to get involved with UFS? Would it sour people from even trying UFS?

At the end of the day, how you are choosing to handle the issue, is sabotaging your stated goal of having large player bases. Posting articles. Discussing decks and what works. Growing strategy behind the game - That grows the game. Outside of writing articles, I've gone so far as to pay people out of my own pocket to write articles. What are you doing? Complaining loudly, and massaging the message that you are sending to paint an inaccurate and poor light on FFG and UFS.

We all get that you aren't happy with Prize support. You've posted with great frequncy since returning to the game that you are unhappy with the prize support. Every time you post on the forums, you are told the same thing - CONTACT FFG. Instead of contacting FFG you wait a couple of week, and repost the same diatribe, sometimes using harsher language, sometimes not.

I need you to focus your desire for change, and your desire for UFS's success in the right direction.

I need to get you on the same page as Darklogos, Viewtiful Joe, and even Shinji lately, who have all been posting intelligent discussion about UFS. Trying to grow the game.

The biggest thing that can help casual players - articles on how to deck build. Articles on how to play. *From my Experience* Casual players don't usually look at the prize support because usually I hear them saying "I can't win."

It's great that you miss the days of STG. FFG does not have the time and money to be able to provide that staffing Experience. The personal contact STG had is the single biggest mistake they made. It was not something that could be maintained. The only reason why they were able to provide the number of man hours in contact that they were, was because they were ramping down their product lines as a business. They had nothing else for their employees to do.

We have been asked... almost two years ago now... to let go of "how great the days of STG were."

Lets be realistic, memories embellish the good points. Lets think back to all of the complaints about how poor, inconsistent, yadda, yadda, yadda, the communication from STG was. Lets remember how many threads bitching because Steve was two weeks late with the SotG post. This isn't a new thing to FFG. This happened back at STG.

People bitched back then about how much of a sarcastic ******* Erik was. Sure... it was really great that he posted to the forums every now and then. Even though he generally ruffled peoples feathers and told them what they didn't want to hear.

At the end of the day, you are entitled to your opinions. You may also be surprised to know how I really feel about certain things. However, if you truly care about UFS, then you'll think about the message that you're sending when you post.

You'll think about how it impacts the board. The poison environment it creates that drives new, and existing players and stores from them. That same posion environment existed back in the days of STG. That same posion environment exists now.

Antigoth said:

The boards drive away such a small amount of players in this game it is such a small part of the problem. I dont want them to go and they are important in my opinion we need all the players possible for a more diverse playing field and environment.

There is a difference between "hating" and pointing out a negative aspect of the game or a problem that you see. Pointing out a problem that can be discussed and possibly fixed or not repeated in the future is positive. I hope you guys dont mean to just praise the game when there are obvious problems. Like symbol equality for example, there are very few competitive symbols in this game and its due to the extreme influx of fire on cards and other symbols not getting any real love.

number of cards total in sets before quest for souls = 486

air = 75

all = 103

chaos = 104

death = 134

earth = 126

evil = 92

fire = 161

good = 97

life 123

order = 58

void = 117

water = 62

7 of the 12 symbols have roughly a hundred cards or less. Water and Order have only had 3 characters. There is no reason for this concidering every symbol can be represented in every set and 3 can be repeated in every set. The lack of symbol equality narrows deck building and the environment.

rulemonkey said:

The boards drive away such a small amount of players in this game it is such a small part of the problem. I dont want them to go and they are important in my opinion we need all the players possible for a more diverse playing field and environment.

There is a difference between "hating" and pointing out a negative aspect of the game or a problem that you see. Pointing out a problem that can be discussed and possibly fixed or not repeated in the future is positive. I hope you guys dont mean to just praise the game when there are obvious problems. Like symbol equality for example, there are very few competitive symbols in this game and its due to the extreme influx of fire on cards and other symbols not getting any real love.

number of cards total in sets before quest for souls = 486

air = 75

all = 103

chaos = 104

death = 134

earth = 126

evil = 92

fire = 161

good = 97

life 123

order = 58

void = 117

water = 62

7 of the 12 symbols have roughly a hundred cards or less. Water and Order have only had 3 characters. There is no reason for this concidering every symbol can be represented in every set and 3 can be repeated in every set. The lack of symbol equality narrows deck building and the environment.

Dude... you've really got to learn to the quotes.

*Disclaimer since people seem to think that my posting factual statements means that I feel the situation is alright*

Keep in mind that when SCIV ToS & SW were both released, they were intended to run along side the 4-star cards for the remainder of this year.

Originally when Tekken 6 and SCIV QfS were designed, they were intended to be released together as part of "Set 13", under the old model.

When the sets were designed, while they work well on their own, they were intended to work in conjunction with other sets to drive the symbol balance that you are looking for.

The only way for further symbol balance to be created at this time is for further sets to be released.

Please keep in mind - you have a focus for the casual player. Those casual players were driven away by the amount of product available for UFS. It was too much to keep up with. While right now we have the "symbol imbalance" and the "simpler environment", it makes the game more accessible for new players.

rulemonkey said:

So... if you can manage the vitrol in negativity in your posts, do you think it's possible to have that healthy discussion without creating a negative environment that drives players and stores away?

rulemonkey said:

There is a difference between "hating" and pointing out a negative aspect of the game or a problem that you see. Pointing out a problem that can be discussed and possibly fixed or not repeated in the future is positive. I hope you guys dont mean to just praise the game when there are obvious problems.

Is it possible that certain language associated with "hating" could obfuscate what would be an otherwise constructive conversation?

I don't think it's healthy to have people be "mindless drones" and wear rose coloured glasses, and say "everything is great."
However I do feel that having people saying "Hey, I'm having this issue - any suggestions on how to handle it?" Look at Viewtiful Joe's Forum Renovations thread as a fantastic example of how to deal with issues constructively without gushing mindlessly.

Well Brian, you make a lot of good points.

I already posted a semi-apology on a different thread.

While that may be true. It seems a bad idea to design cards for the current environment and not the block you are working on. If the year is has a direction from the beginning it will make it easier to avoid this problem all together. I know the sets were designed to go together it still means that the sets were designed and completed with no regard to symbol equality for six months.

The current format isnt made or accomidating to the casual player, in part to the early rotation but mostly to the lack of casual fun cards. I would like to see more casual cards or at least fun cards that arent strictly tournament driven.

As for the negativity i dont feel that I am causing a negative environment with this thread. I pointed out things that i thought were bad for the overall health of the game. Other peoples responses were along the lines of :

1.Enough with the doomsday thread

2. I was told to Shut the **** up.

Very few post acknowledged the points I tried to make or dispute them in anyway.

The problem is simply that the card pool is outright TOO SMALL right now. Keep in mind we also missed TWO set releases this year because of issues with the changeover to FFG and the complete lack of a designer for some 10 months.

I dont think they have given up on the game, I think they have given up on the forums but not the game =/ . I love how the game is atm every char is competitive and unique. The promos are good and the art in the game is really kewl to boot. Tbh I dislike coming to the forums and only come here to see updates.

rulemonkey said:

While that may be true. It seems a bad idea to design cards for the current environment and not the block you are working on. If the year is has a direction from the beginning it will make it easier to avoid this problem all together. I know the sets were designed to go together it still means that the sets were designed and completed with no regard to symbol equality for six months.

Eh... not quite. This is how it was orginally intended to shake down:

Sets 8, 9, 10, 11 - All legal. (Call it "4 Star" to shorten it up.

Set 12 Introduced. to be legal with "4Star"

Set 13 Introduced to include both T6 and QFS. "4 Star" still intened to be legal alongside 12 &13.

Set 14 was originally intended to be another 2 sets of booster only. That would be legal alongside 12,13 & 4 Star.

Set 15 would conclude "5star" and be legal along with 12, 13, 14, & 4 Star.

Set 16 Would be a base set. When it becomes legal, the 4 star cards would off.

What would be "lost" in equality by 4star dropping off, would be filled by 16 coming in.

Then August hit, and completely threw everything out the window.

All of the original plans gone.

So symbol equality was being practised during design.

I do not understand how you feel that there was no regard to symbol equality. As Rules Arbiter, I am consulted on various wording issues at times during the design phase. From talking with James as Rules Arbiter, I know he was very focused that with QFS & Tekken, if 4 star had been legal, he felt the environment would have been one where every symbol was viable.

Please understand. James as developer was fully focused on Symbol Balance. Steve made the call to trigger the early rotation.

QUOTE efidm=250070]

The current format isnt made or accomidating to the casual player, in part to the early rotation but mostly to the lack of casual fun cards. I would like to see more casual cards or at least fun cards that arent strictly tournament driven.

Can you give an example of what a casual fun card is?

rulemonkey said:

As for the negativity i dont feel that I am causing a negative environment with this thread. I pointed out things that i thought were bad for the overall health of the game. Other peoples responses were along the lines of :

1.Enough with the doomsday thread

2. I was told to Shut the **** up.

Very few post acknowledged the points I tried to make or dispute them in anyway.

Please go back and look at how you phrased your opening of this thread. It was not a discussion. It was a negative rant. Please understand that if you position something as a negative rant, rather then a discussion, you are not going to get the discussion that you are looking for.

As Shaneth stated in his "apology" thread, team tap out has taken on the "heel" role. Which means that your "promos" are designed to "draw heat".

Unfortunately "heels" have been perceived as "poisonous" more often then not. Perhaps if you dropped the "heel persona", and tried to engage in a normal conversation, your points may be "better received".

Remember that "marks" will often yell #2 at heels.

The rest of us who were saying "enough with the doomsday threads" have been inundated with negative threads, especially from team tapout. And didn't realize that we were having a "wrestling role-play."

Please note I am citing the "Heel Turn" as cited in the second sentence of the first paragraph posted here

In my opinion there has not been symbol balance in this game since 2007 worlds. 2008 was dominant Evil and 2009 at least half the symbols in the game were not close to being serious contenders. If they cant get at least 10 of the 12 symbols there is either too many symbols or the card design is lacking to make them viable.

Order and Water have had three characters so far?

Order: Astrid, Hilde, Paul, Amy, Yoshimitsu
Water: Lu Chen, Yi Shan, Christie, Amy, Xianghua

And that's just the ones with SUPPORT, meaning there's 18x5=90 support cards with Order and the same for Water. JJ has Order, Jon Herr has Water. White Crane has Water. So does Padma.

I call bull. That, or you were looking at non-updated THD and got confuzzled.

guitalex2008 said:

Order and Water have had three characters so far?

Order: Astrid, Hilde, Paul, Amy, Yoshimitsu
Water: Lu Chen, Yi Shan, Christie, Amy, Xianghua

And that's just the ones with SUPPORT, meaning there's 18x5=90 support cards with Order and the same for Water. JJ has Order, Jon Herr has Water. White Crane has Water. So does Padma.

I call bull. That, or you were looking at non-updated THD and got confuzzled.

I take your bull and raise you glasses.

I said before quest of souls

rulemonkey said:

So... Just to reiterate - you are ignoring completely how the sets are designed. How they were intended for release when they were designed.

And you are simply decrying that no matter what, there is symbol imbalance, and it's poorly designed because you say so.

Antigoth said:

rulemonkey said:

So... Just to reiterate - you are ignoring completely how the sets are designed. How they were intended for release when they were designed.

And you are simply decrying that no matter what, there is symbol imbalance, and it's poorly designed because you say so.

You dont seem to understand that i would like there to be symbol balance in the game. It doesnt matter to me how that is done. The last block didnt have it and the block before that did not have it. Both of those blocks were designed the way the designer wanted to and they were not balanced. Did you think those blocks were balanced?

rulemonkey said:

You dont seem to understand that i would like there to be symbol balance in the game. It doesnt matter to me how that is done. The last block didnt have it and the block before that did not have it. Both of those blocks were designed the way the designer wanted to and they were not balanced. Did you think those blocks were balanced?

I understand you want symbol balance.

However you are equating the current lack of symbol balance with no balance within design.

The previous designer (David Freeman) did not attempt to achieve Symbol balance. His intended design was that at one time one symbol would be stronger, and at a different time another symbol would be stronger. (Unfortunately my site is undergoing a server migration, otherwise I would link to and quote the interview where Freeman specifically states this.)

He (Freeman) had a philosophy that he was trying throughout a large portion of the end of 3 star, and the entierty of 4 star where each set would feature one or two symbols.

Over time he (Freeman) felt that the symbols would balance out, but had no intention of ever achieving symbol balance within a single set.

Hata when he stepped in to start designing had the 4 star cards as the existing environemnt, and worked to try to balance everything out as much as possible. If the early rotation had not happened, we would be expericencing symbol balance right now.

At the very second you are specifying (pre quest for souls), because of the early rotation, no there was not an exact parity of symbols. Please go back and read what I have written.

I have never disagreed with you that there is a lack of symbol balance. I explained to you WHY there is the symbol imbalance prior to Quest for Souls.

The only way for symbol balance to be achieved is with the design and release of more sets.

That's it.

Please note - you still have not addressed my earlier question:

You stated you wanted more fun cards in the environment. Can you please give specific examples of what you view as "fun cards."

P.S. - I want world peace, and an end to famine & hunger.

cards like

blood of the innocent

silent step

8th bill of punishment

jumping in

queen of victory

magic shop

elena ..

blazing soul battery

since you went off the deep end with the world peace / end to famine and hunger deal thing its obvious your making a joke of this now.

Everyone should go take a look at the Kingdom Hearts boards. They are complaining about the same things. They have no clue if the game will continue or not and they have got no official answer from anyone at FFG for months. They have no OP or any kind of prize support. Seems like a trend here.Although they obviously have it worse.

http://new.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_foros_discusion.asp?efid=90&efcid=5&efidt=230403
http://new.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_foros_discusion.asp?efid=90&efcid=5&efidt=248064
http://new.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_foros_discusion.asp?efid=90&efcid=5&efidt=170559&efpag=0

And the last time I played a CCG and people thought the game was on the verge of dying and questioned if it was going to continue or not it was canceled out of the blue like 2 or 3 months latter. Despite the people saying "hey everything is fine stop with the Judgement Day threads". Well they were wrong.

Well that sounds bad. Hopefully its not a trend toward it.

Antigoth said:

Yeah I figured someone would get the reference, especially since it was in the trailers.

Homme Chapeau said:

Antigoth said:

Yeah I figured someone would get the reference, especially since it was in the trailers.

Rulesmonkey,

Silent Step sure was a fun card! However it was also a very strong card useable in tournament. (Remembers NPE Yun-Seong + Silent Step) A number of the cards you listed while I won't disagree about how fun they were, were also tournament calibur cards without question.

In the case of Magic Shop - the Mill effect isn't going to be seen in the near future. Hata and Horvath both have a hate-on for mill. The block free reversal effect, I'd suggest you spend more time looking at cards in the existing card pool.

Regarding my desire for World Peace, and an end to Hunger and Famine - Since we were discussing what we all want, I figured I'd throw that out there. A little random sure, but sure gives some perspective doesn't it?

guitalex2008,

::hatebeams:: I'm still borrowing one of my buddy's copy of the game. It's still $70 here. BTW - playing it on Brutal Difficulty = Brutal.

Hatman,

Dude... It's such an awesome game, and it's Metal! After the Metal deck experiment, you had to figure I'd probably know that one.

I have to give you credit, Antigoth. You have a LOT more patience for the forum shenanigans these days then I do. And Brutal is a VERY fun game. Just wish the ending acts werent so...quick.

Antigoth said:

guitalex2008,

::hatebeams:: I'm still borrowing one of my buddy's copy of the game. It's still $70 here. BTW - playing it on Brutal Difficulty = Brutal.

I never start a game on the hardest difficulty, but I haven't gotten through my first complete playthrough yet.

Awesome game is win.

Brutal Legend was fun(couldnt find the umlaut) great story track and sence of humor. too bad brutal was rather not brutal

JDub said:

Everyone should go take a look at the Kingdom Hearts boards. They are complaining about the same things. They have no clue if the game will continue or not and they have got no official answer from anyone at FFG for months. They have no OP or any kind of prize support. Seems like a trend here.Although they obviously have it worse.

http://new.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_foros_discusion.asp?efid=90&efcid=5&efidt=230403
http://new.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_foros_discusion.asp?efid=90&efcid=5&efidt=248064
http://new.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_foros_discusion.asp?efid=90&efcid=5&efidt=170559&efpag=0

And the last time I played a CCG and people thought the game was on the verge of dying and questioned if it was going to continue or not it was canceled out of the blue like 2 or 3 months latter. Despite the people saying "hey everything is fine stop with the Judgement Day threads". Well they were wrong.

I've been playing Kingdom Hearts since release now two years ago. They have been talking (on the forums) about no more sets for at least 18 of the 24 months it has been out. This is a fact.

Kingdom Hearts is a very niche CCG and has been since it came out, it doesn't have a designer, the cards are translated from the Japanese equivalent that lived and died out roughly a year and a half before the American sets were ever released.

You cannot draw a parallel between the state of UFS and Kingdom Hearts, as a player of both I gaurantee that would be the biggest mistake you could make.

If there is anything you can sensibly conclude about 'the two' is that even though Kingdom Hearts forums have been doomsdaying since June 2008, FFG has still released 3 more sets and is likely turning some sort of profit from its sale.

- dut