Character Artwork Thread

By verdantsf, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire RPG

We're our own worst critics.

For the record, that's a wonderful picture.

OrphansOfTheForcePoster.jpg

A [very] rainbow-riffic Star Wars poster I doodled to celebrate our current Edge of the Empire roleplay campaign! I love all our characters and story lines so much... I just had way too much fun drawing it. Thought I would share it with you guys too! ♥

****, I'm in desperate need of more iconic Characters for my campaign...

Love the Despair symbol as like a Cult Sigil! (I guess?)

I'm somewhat embarrassed to mention that it took Kickgirl posting four pictures of Darth Syren before I noticed she had a cybernetic arm. I was...somewhat distracted by other things...

Ovenna is sneezing out starships!

RicoD! Ahaha, well, I give my GM most of the credit when it comes to creating the most iconic characters. But I think he takes a lot of influence from stuff he sees on this very forum! So it all comes full-circle! :)

And YEAH! I love that Despair symbol haha! Darth Syren has taken control of an ever-growing, cult-like army called "The New Sith Order"

Since I'm terrible at logo design, I've decided to just go with the despair symbol to represent her evil faction. When she was a PC character, rolling despairs seemed to be her normal thing. (for better or for worse!)

I'm somewhat embarrassed to mention that it took Kickgirl posting four pictures of Darth Syren before I noticed she had a cybernetic arm. I was...somewhat distracted by other things...

Absol197! AHAHAHA! Yes, poor Syren. She lost her arm saving the lives of the group. She joined the baddies in a deal to spare their lives.

Dang, she so badly wanted to romance 2 other PC characters back in those days.... but no one wanted a romance with her!!! Can you believe that! *lol* I bet they are regretting that now. ;)

Edited by kickgirl

RicoD! Ahaha, well, I give my GM most of the credit when it comes to creating the most iconic characters. But I think he takes a lot of influence from stuff he sees on this very forum! So it all comes full-circle! :)

And YEAH! I love that Despair symbol haha! Darth Syren has taken control of an ever-growing, cult-like army called "The New Sith Order"

Since I'm terrible at logo design, I've decided to just go with the despair symbol to represent her evil faction. When she was a PC character, rolling despairs seemed to be her normal thing. (for better or for worse!)

Absol197! AHAHAHA! Yes, poor Syren. She lost her arm saving the lives of the group. She joined the baddies in a deal to spare their lives.

Dang, she so badly wanted to romance 2 other PC characters back in those days.... but no one wanted a romance with her!!! Can you believe that! *lol* I bet they are regretting that now. ;)

Maybe she wouldn't have turned to the dark side if she would have gotten a bit more romance? :D

My game focuses on forgotten force knowledge.

So the Archaeologist / Force Exile, his Ace Hotshot Pilot and his muscle Bounty Hunter are mostly on treasure hunts, and you don't normally find a lot of people in ancient ruins.

Also any potentially interesting characters that they DO encounter are either ignored, taken advantage of, or killed...

as proper PCs tend to do. :P

Maybe she wouldn't have turned to the dark side if she would have gotten a bit more romance? :D

*lol* Probably not! I do miss her as a PC. All she ever really wanted was a little love... But it all worked out. She's more fun this way. ;)

My game focuses on forgotten force knowledge.

So the Archaeologist / Force Exile, his Ace Hotshot Pilot and his muscle Bounty Hunter are mostly on treasure hunts, and you don't normally find a lot of people in ancient ruins.

Also any potentially interesting characters that they DO encounter are either ignored, taken advantage of, or killed...

as proper PCs tend to do. :P

Hahaha! The NPC body count continues to rise!

I can easily picture your group being lone wanderers... It's hard to find ancient treasures if you tell everyone about what you're up to! I suppose I could picture a rival treasure hunting gang getting in your way more often than not! Or it's always fun to introduce the group to an old quirky family member/friend/former romance. I tend to really love the reoccurring friends/foes. ♥

Edited by kickgirl

So kickgirl, any chance you've got an online gallery or such that plays host to this cool pieces you've posted?

Hahaha! The NPC body count continues to rise!

I can easily picture your group being lone wanderers... It's hard to find ancient treasures if you tell everyone about what you're up to! I suppose I could picture a rival treasure hunting gang getting in your way more often than not! Or it's always fun to introduce the group to an old quirky family member/friend/former romance. I tend to really love the reoccurring friends/foes. ♥

I semi-regularily have an Archaeology Department of Czerka opposing their efforts. Sometimes they reach a digsite too late, sometimes they catch them red-handed.

I'm still kind of figuring out where the game is supposed to go, doesn't help that they've also thrown out at least two McGuffins I tossed their way...

So kickgirl, any chance you've got an online gallery or such that plays host to this cool pieces you've posted?

I too would be interested in this, your art is awesome! :)

So I showed some of the works in this thread to my artistically inclined Player and it prompted him to spend all of last night to create this:

XWANTDm.jpg

From my vaguely "New Retro Wave" inspired campaign creatively dubbed: Edge of Destiny

Taking place midway between the Clone Wars and A New Hope. ~9-10 BBY.

From top to bottom:

Ranak Sol:

A Zabrak who grew up in slavery and in the service of a mysterious Force Wielder who's since been presumed dead after an encounter with an Inqisitor.

Barely escaping with his life and at the "mercy" of a corrupt imperial officer Ranak regained his freedom after encountering a Bounty Hunter.

(He doesn't actually have a lightsaber yet, but the crystal he's been keeping hold of is indeed "Neon Magenta" as to not upset him with the term "Hot Pink" :P )

Azel Fett:

A Mandalorian craving the days of Legend.

He's been a Bounty Hunter ever since the planet Mandalore has been pacified by the Empire.

After realising that Ranak wields the force he decided to help him find his way through a hostile galaxy in the hopes of encountering a foe worthy of the tales of the Old Republic.

Nara Ben:

A piloting Ace, an absolute Hot Shot, and a fanatic...

Becoming a freelancer after stealing a Starfighter during a brief brush with a local resistance showed him that it's best not to engage in "political activism" against the Empire.

After being hired by Fett to haul them across the galaxy whereever Ranaks notions led them he decided to stick around, firmly believing that he himself is a powerful force wielder.

Shion:

(The only NPC in the picture)

She is fairly new on the team.

A Slave all her life Azel Fett bought her on a whim on Tatooine.

Planning to use her in a negotiation with Jabba the Hutt that never came to pass he decided to keep her and teach her the Mandalorian way so she may fend for herself one day.

Hope you enjoy!

ps: I'm also getting an additional player soon, so maybe there will be some revisions to this or comepletely new pictures, at the discretion of my artistic player.

Edited by RicoD

The SuperArrpis gal looked as if she escaped from one of our games... Who's the artist? Beautiful.

And I love KickGirl's stuff - it's stylised, but in a good way, and is bursting with character.

Anyway, it's been so long since I had anything even slightly Safe For Work to post, so I'll offer this.

It's meant to invoke old WW2 themes, specifically the US navy guy kissing the girl on VJ Day. This version has a deliberately sepia, saturated look to make it resemble a WW2 recruiting poster. There's a clearer version of it too.

(There's a 'Bikini X-Wing Wash' one coming too. I almost wish I was kidding about that, but I'm not.)

liberation_of_coruscant_recruit_by_maelo

Aaahhh, I love those two! I have since you first posted "Kiss the Bride" here. Seeing two people that much in love makes my heart melt~

There's an odd story that goes with this one... How they became symbolic for a victory they had nothing whatsoever to do with! :)

Because my artistic player apparently hates sleep he made another one:

2Kv4YOF.jpg

Nara Ben juggling force lightning is actually little more than him repeatedly shouting "Magic Missile!"

The SuperArrpis gal looked as if she escaped from one of our games... Who's the artist? Beautiful.

And I love KickGirl's stuff - it's stylised, but in a good way, and is bursting with character.

Anyway, it's been so long since I had anything even slightly Safe For Work to post, so I'll offer this.

It's meant to invoke old WW2 themes, specifically the US navy guy kissing the girl on VJ Day. This version has a deliberately sepia, saturated look to make it resemble a WW2 recruiting poster. There's a clearer version of it too.

EDIT: *image snip*

(There's a 'Bikini X-Wing Wash' one coming too. I almost wish I was kidding about that, but I'm not.)

Haha, those are some really beautiful women. :)

Well, the artist is same as before for my pictures, my friend: Pete http://peter83.deviantart.com/

Here's a new one from him:

bobafette_by_peter83-dag1qns.jpg

Love the sugar skull darth vader tattoo(ine).

Sugar skull? I thought that was “Día de Muertos” style?

Day of the dead, celebrated with painted faces and decorations meant to resemble the stylized appearance of a skull. Commonly seen made of a sweet sugar. Sugar skull.

Same thing :)

This is just gorgeous - she looks like the gal from the EoE Core Book in the 'Bounty Hunter' section, but with armour that's suitably, um, 'ventilated' for use in our games...

Your friend is seriously talented, SuperArppis.

Same thing :)

This is just gorgeous - she looks like the gal from the EoE Core Book in the 'Bounty Hunter' section, but with armour that's suitably, um, 'ventilated' for use in our games...

Your friend is seriously talented, SuperArppis.

Yeah he is. :)

The tattoo is this picture, you can buy it as a sticker off of Amazon .

41sA-N56gkL.jpg

Look at those abs... :wub:

My head's spinning in circles...

That's why she should be called "Boba Fit".

That's why she should be called "Boba Fit".