Character Artwork Thread

By verdantsf, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire RPG

5 minutes ago, Absol197 said:

Yay! If you read mine I'll read yours! My DA name is the same as here (I use the same handle EVERYWHERE)!

My DA name is Xeir-Zith, i've gone throuigh a buncha name changes over the last 2 years and finally just settled on Xeir-Zith, feel free to watch me I recently started working on a Rurouni project :D

Hopwever more Cynthiana art will come soon!

Uhh, wow. Those last couple of paragraphs are very, very ominous O_O . What idiot put the fate of the galaxy, even partially, in the hands of a weird girl who talks to plants :P ?

Edited by Absol197
1 minute ago, Absol197 said:

Uhh, wow. Those last couple of paragraphs are very, very ominous O_O . What idiot put the fate of the galaxy in the hands of a girl who talks to plants :P ?

We're doomed, I tell you! The MarcyVerse is doomed :)

Here is one of our party (including a few crewmember GMNPCs). Commissioned art by Will Nunes. Man, he's so good. The tiny details are so impressive!

Triangle_group-final_sm.jpg

awesome! have you got a hi-def version of this pic?

Yes, I do. He always gives you a super high res version so you can print it out if you want to.

Here is my Chiss Technician, Orwyl'orri'kleoni (Lorrik). I have no artistic skill, so it's just a mash up of various images in photoshop. lol

chiss1.jpg

Edited by Demon4x4
spelling

I dont have any art to post but I just wonder "Marcyverse" ?

Oh and if anyone would like to follow me on Twitter my handle is AssassinQueen1 {soon my name will change to my porg name but only on Twitter}

The MarcyVerse is awesome :) . It's Marcy's very-extensive Alternate Universe. It's the best!

1 minute ago, Absol197 said:

The MarcyVerse is awesome :) . It's Marcy's very-extensive Alternate Universe. It's the best!

I must know more !! Links ? {unless it is on facebook in whichcase I cant visit}

5 hours ago, Ni Fang said:

I must know more !! Links ? {unless it is on facebook in whichcase I cant visit}

So, a lot can be found on Marcy's DA (Maelora69), but it's important to know that there is a lot that's very NSFW there. Just so you're prepared and don't accidentally wander over while in a public place :P !

In particular, this new deviation has a long and rather awesome detailed description of how the Jedi and the Force work in the MarcyVerse (and this particular one is not actually Mature Content :o !).

9 hours ago, Ni Fang said:

I really should put this up on a website somewhere but I'm old and suck at Interwebs.

When we started a Star Wars game in 2012, we did so with the goal of completely rewriting everything from the ground up. We played the rules straight, but changed every aspect of the lore. It wasn't so much a 'Star Wars' game but a homage to the themes of the original. It was aimed at a mature audience of players who were okay with horror or sexual elements in addition to the original themes of friendship, sacrifice and duty (the players largely wanted Game of Thrones and The Witcher ; I wanted Mass Effect and Firefly - we mostly met in the middle...). We also wanted to throw out all the baggage of canon, threw out elements that were meant to shape a tightly-scripted movie, opening the galaxy up as befitted an RPG. We wanted a complex narrative and tough moral choices. The PCs would always be at the heart of the action and drive the story. Half a dozen different PC groups would be involved in a shared universe and plotlines would frequently cross between them.

It was the result of many brainstorming sessions and contributions of over a dozen people, but as I was GM and collated the information (and had final say on it) it became known as the 'Marcy Cinematic Universe'; 'MarcyVerse' for short.

It's kind of what Rian Johnson did with Last Jedi , but turned up to 111. And like that movie, it's not to everyone's tastes :) (all the fanservice pictures contrast quite significantly with the writing and probably give the wrong impression). But it was written for its audience, and it's been a fascinating project, one I'm honoured to have helmed while I still have my pre-senility role-playing wits and energy.

Edited by Maelora
6 hours ago, Maelora said:

I really should put this up on a website somewhere but I'm old and suck at Interwebs.

When we started a Star Wars game in 2012, we did so with the goal of completely rewriting everything from the ground up. We played the rules straight, but changed every aspect of the lore. It wasn't so much a 'Star Wars' game but a homage to the themes of the original. It was aimed at a mature audience of players who were okay with horror or sexual elements in addition to the original themes of friendship, sacrifice and duty (the players largely wanted Game of Thrones and The Witcher ; I wanted Mass Effect and Firefly - we mostly met in the middle...). We also wanted to throw out all the baggage of canon, threw out elements that were meant to shape a tightly-scripted movie, opening the galaxy up as befitted an RPG. We wanted a complex narrative and tough moral choices. The PCs would always be at the heart of the action and drive the story. Half a dozen different PC groups would be involved in a shared universe and plotlines would frequently cross between them.

It was the result of many brainstorming sessions and contributions of over a dozen people, but as I was GM and collated the information (and had final say on it) it became known as the 'Marcy Cinematic Universe'; 'MarcyVerse' for short.

It's kind of what Rian Johnson did with Last Jedi , but turned up to 111. And like that movie, it's not to everyone's tastes :) (all the fanservice pictures contrast quite significantly with the writing and probably give the wrong impression). But it was written for its audience, and it's been a fascinating project, one I'm honoured to have helmed while I still have my pre-senility role-playing wits and energy.

I would totally help with putting together a MarcyVerse Wikia! If you could get me the data, I would take the tone to learn how to do it and collate everything and put it together!

...of course, it'd take a bit of time, but I'd totally do it :) .

6 hours ago, Absol197 said:

I would totally help with putting together a MarcyVerse Wikia! If you could get me the data, I would take the tone to learn how to do it and collate everything and put it together!

For what it's worth, I'd be glad to help out, too. The control panel for mySWRPG has installs for a few different wiki softwares, if that's the route you'd like to go.

Hatashash.jpg

Edited by TheSapient

Bothan?

On 1/18/2018 at 11:43 PM, GroggyGolem said:

Bothan?

Thakwaash.

Edited by TheSapient
On 1/15/2018 at 1:41 AM, Absol197 said:

On 1/15/2018 at 8:37 AM, Nytwyng said:

For what it's worth, I'd be glad to help out, too. The control panel for mySWRPG has installs for a few different wiki softwares, if that's the route you'd like to go.

Totally down for this too!! I shall lookup MarcyVerse soon!

Art of an NPC from a campaign I'm running: Commodore Argo Bronst of the Mon Calamari cruiser The Monitor .

Based him off of Defancio Storsilt 's species from Canto Bight.

Haven't drawn in a while but figured I'd throw it on here

Argo Bronst(small).png

Edited by Skywalken

Give us the witcher version! @Skywalken

Edited by Skywalken

And now for a different character!

First some background; Taken in by a Wookiee Jedi Master named Grozporin, the girl was too old to begin training, yet she had a Force Vision at 12 years of age of meeting and speaking with Yoda about becoming a Jedi, even if she had to become one off the books so to speak. Exactly a week before Episode 2 began Yoda, and the rest of the Council, visited Kashyyyk and met with Grozporin, and the 12 year old girl named Gem Crystaleye.

After a brief talk with the council she presented the Jedi her lightsaber. Due to her age of 12, she was unable to offically become a padawan within the Order. However after speaking one on one with Yoda, the Council changed their minds and allowed Grozporin to teach Gem and only return to the temple when he was needed for missions. Agreement struck, Gem grew up, at age of 18, six years into the Clone Wars, Gem lost her family to a Tarentek, at the sdame time she also lost her first lightsaber and her right index finger.

So here she is as an adult, 14 years AFTER the Clone Wars ended and residing on Arda 3, both her new lightsaber in the picture and her original blade are gold colored even though the kyber crystals were bright blue when wshe discovered them on Kashyyyk

gem_crystaleye_by_xeir_zith-dc1hn93.jpg

I had this one commissioned for my group at the conclusion of our campaign last year. The final print is poster sized and we have it hanging up in our game room. We played this characters for around two years. It was great times.

The Crew for Edge Forum.jpg

24 minutes ago, Icosiel said:

I had this one commissioned for my group at the conclusion of our campaign last year. The final print is poster sized and we have it hanging up in our game room. We played this characters for around two years. It was great times.

The Crew for Edge Forum.jpg

Could you add a link to the artist's website or deviantart or whatever relevant way there is to contact them?