Character Artwork Thread

By verdantsf, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire RPG

*peeks into the thread*

Probably a strange first post to these forums, but I wanted to join in with some old stuff of my own from years back. These days I don't do my own stuff, but I like to keep an eye out for artists.

First, one of the primary protagonists in a short story I had planned.

a_knight_of_the_stars_by_ravrohan-d419g0w.jpg

Excerpt:

Some are born to be heroes, held up as examples to all of what is good and right. They never falter, never waver, and see their course through, knowing in their hearts that what they do is right. I envy them, if my path were so clear, I'd could be more sure of what I'm about to do...

I was once a knight of the republic, a Jedi Knight who was sworn to uphold its ideals for the sake of civilization, if not peace itself. I, an orphan, thanks to a lack of civilization and peace was sworn to protect it. The master who trained me was like the father I never had... I loved him. I do not mourn his death in the line of duty, I do not blame the Jedi for his death, I respect and honor them still.

Yet I can no longer count myself one of their number. In fear I ran, though I was but a padawan I feared I too would be cast out for failure. I now understand how wrong I was. Yet in my wanderings, I have traveled past the borders of the republic and seen many more stars, with people who live as I used to. Where the ideals of the republic and the strength of the Jedi cannot reach. For the sake of my father's memory, and to make right my own sins, I will no longer be a knight of the republic.

I will become a Knight of the Stars.

This was actually kind of a random lark image. I just really wanted to use the armor and freeby lightaber I found, and a starship. I designed it based on the power armor my table top SW character wore by the end of the game. So it represents the character visually, and somewhat in spirit, but it's not the same guy.

And a principal antagonist. She's a twi'lek, but the hood kind of covers her lekku.

rise_of_the_sith_by_ravrohan-d419f1q.jpg

Excerpt: Too long have we sat and waited for our time to come! Too long have we trained and proved our worthiness to the weak and frightened beings who dare call themselves our masters! Do we not grow ever more powerful in the Darkside? Are we not stronger than those who came before us? ARE WE NOT SITH!?

WE ARE!

Now is the time my brethren, now is our time to rise up and destroy ANY who would stand in the way of our right to rule! Be they Jedi, Sith, an Empire or Republic!

And if we are not destined to rule it, THEN WE SHALL SEE THIS GALAXY BURN!

Now, someone bring my daughter here...

When I made the image, she looked like she should be giving a speech. *shrug*

I have several more of related characters, but I don't want to inundate the thread just yet, I'm still trying to remember how to format stuff XD :unsure: Hopefully the pics and excerpts will be in spoiler tags as I intended.

Here's the latest from my friend Pete.

He drew one of the characters on our Star Wars adventure. This time a player character of my friend. He is a Mechanic called Sehrin Grainer, also called by my character as "Magician". Because his intelligence and mechanics skills are so good that it seems like magic to him. And he's the force user of the group! :D

http://peter83.deviantart.com/
https://www.patreon.com/Peterpunk

sehrin final small.jpg

Your friend Peter is talented.

7 hours ago, SuperArppis said:

Young John Travolta — is that you? ;)

I had to contact him for a commission myself :D

Not as professional looking as the other stuff that has been posted lately (so awesome oO), but welp:
lakoss32yaig.jpg

Meet Lakoss, former jedi knight and Order66 survivor.
Thanks to the Trandoshan ability to regrow limbs and their natural regeneration,
he is one of few to actually survive a duel with Darth Vader.
The fight left its marks though, on his body and on his mind.

On 21.3.2017 at 11:26 PM, MaxXIII said:

Not as professional looking as the other stuff that has been posted lately (so awesome oO), but welp:
*SNIP picture*

Meet Lakoss, former jedi knight and Order66 survivor.
Thanks to the Trandoshan ability to regrow limbs and their natural regeneration,
he is one of few to actually survive a duel with Darth Vader.
The fight left its marks though, on his body and on his mind.

Doesn't have to be professional looking. :)

I really like the idea and that character looks great.

Thanks! :)

A friend of mine got his wife to make an original drawing to replace the one I was using from the Lords of Nal Hutta book. S'Rath'na'Tnko (pronounced Si-ra-th na-te-na-ko ) , former Morukai , Guardian - Warden/Protector based in the old republic era. Currently on the run from both his former Morgukai masters and also the Hutt he was originally sent to spy on.

S'Rath'na'Tnko.jpg

Does anyone on this forum do full-color character artwork on commission? If not, is there anyone you can recommend?

I do, though it depends upon the subject.

I just got the finished commission of my Edge of the Empire group from Will Nunes and I couldn't be more happy with it!

I present the crew of the Rogue Zenith !

sAjpJHq.jpg

1 hour ago, StarkJunior said:

I just got the finished commission of my Edge of the Empire group from Will Nunes and I couldn't be more happy with it!

sAjpJHq.jpg

That Mandalorian looks bad ass! Great job!

5 hours ago, VikingWolf said:

That Mandalorian looks bad ass! Great job!

Thanks! He's a very dear character to me and I love playing him! Will captured his look perfectly!

8 hours ago, StarkJunior said:

sAjpJHq.jpg

Settles my internal argument on whether to make a duelist character a Pantoran or not. Excellent picture here!

@Tramp Graphics do you have a place where one could see your work good sir?

13 hours ago, Kazimir said:

Settles my internal argument on whether to make a duelist character a Pantoran or not. Excellent picture here!

@Tramp Graphics do you have a place where one could see your work good sir?

Yep: http://tramp-graphics.deviantart.com/

2 minutes ago, Tramp Graphics said:

Oh, I've seen your gallery before after all :) Though right now I'm looking for 2d and more traditional, thanks anyway!

Just now, Kazimir said:

Oh, I've seen your gallery before after all :) Though right now I'm looking for 2d and more traditional, thanks anyway!

I do 2D work as well. Just go through the gallery, you'll find plenty of hand-drawn work.

23 hours ago, StarkJunior said:

sAjpJHq.jpg

Very nice. Thanks!

On 30/09/2016 at 5:32 PM, Maelora said:

"...and what matters ain't the 'who's baddest'

But the ones who stop you falling from your ladder..."

The Heavy, 'Short-Change Hero'

This song has been the soundtrack to my imaginary trailer for our Edge of the Empire campaign for a while now. It has exactly the right feel!

8 hours ago, kaisergav said:

This song has been the soundtrack to my imaginary trailer for our Edge of the Empire campaign for a while now. It has exactly the right feel!

Ever watch Strike Back ?

19 hours ago, Stan Fresh said:

Ever watch Strike Back ?

No, but after watching a few of the clips on YouTube, I think I need to...

Best Brit show ever. Only one to have the quality/drama to match something made in Hollywood or Canada.

3 hours ago, ShadoWarrior said:

Best Brit show ever. Only one to have the quality/drama to match something made in Hollywood or Canada.

Whoa whoa whoa. The ******* Thick Of It ******** wants a **** ***** word with you.

3 hours ago, SFC Snuffy said:

No, but after watching a few of the clips on YouTube, I think I need to...

Season 2 and beyond is an incredible, movie-quality action show. Season 1 has different characters and (it got reworked afterwards); I never watched it, but apparently it's not nearly as good.

The original series of Strike Back (now called Strike Back: Origins in the US, IIRC), starring Richard Armitage with Andrew Lincoln, was an okay conspiracy drama with a few gunfights, IMO.

The four seasons of Strike Back with Phillip Winchester and Sullivan Stapleton was one of the best action series ever. Some of the action scenes were as good as anything in any movie.